Author Topic: New to the forum, want to build my own keyboard add on  (Read 17703 times)

Offline overture1928

Re: New to the forum, want to build my own keyboard add on
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 15:15:58 »
Did you just use the dimensions from cherry for the square holes? 0.551" +-0.002 x 0x551" +- 0.002

I actually set it to .550 x .550 and .0120 corner radius on a 1.5mm thick plate - I didn't specify a tolerance for the holes, but when they came back and I threw the caliper on it, it was pretty much spot on.

How was it getting them in?

Offline overture1928

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 15:19:17 »
I had plates cut with a slightly bigger radius (0.4mm if I remember correctly) than the datasheet specifies. I had no problem pushing the switches in. I think I used 0.55" holes as well.

The phatom has unique mounting holes. How is the ease of mounting and stability of the Phantom design vs regular square holes?

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 16:50:59 »
I had plates cut with a slightly bigger radius (0.4mm if I remember correctly) than the datasheet specifies. I had no problem pushing the switches in. I think I used 0.55" holes as well.

The phatom has unique mounting holes. How is the ease of mounting and stability of the Phantom design vs regular square holes?

No idea actually. I don't have any Phantom plates myself, and I didn't order any either =D

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 19:00:22 »
It's not at all difficult to get the switches into the plate holes and not terribly hard to get them out afterward if you messed up and need to rotate one.  Once in the plate the switch is held quite firmly.  To test this it's important to try wiggling the bottom housing half since the top have is not directly held by the plate and wiggles anyhow.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens