Author Topic: Anyone interested in making Tsangan kits?  (Read 2480 times)

Offline tjacob

Anyone interested in making Tsangan kits?
« on: Sat, 25 August 2012, 04:47:47 »
I noticed a distinct lack of Tsangan kits too choose from. I can get keys for anything but my Pure it seems like. I only see a few kits available currently. Any interest in some plain or simple colored kits? Suggestions?

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Anyone interested in making Tsangan kits?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 August 2012, 10:16:02 »
Typically a tsangan kit is produced along side an 87 key set since it's meant to adapt new keysets to old keyboards.  hashbaz/moogle kits are the ones that are run on their own since they are meant to adapt old keysets to new keyboards.  I'd have to double check but I think the pure has key sizes in rows that SP doesn't produce, maybe the shift/tilde keys.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline tjacob

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 August 2012, 21:56:04 »
I noticed a distinct lack of Tsangan kits too choose from. I can get keys for anything but my Pure it seems like. I only see a few kits available currently. Any interest in some plain or simple colored kits? Suggestions?

The shift key is primarily the problem. I can't find a single thing that matches at all.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 09:18:21 »
currently, the only company making tsangan kits (ie, that has the molds and can be contracted by us to make them) is signature plastics, and only in ABS. we know KBC has the molds for ABS and PBT caps, but it's not clear what their MOQ is, since they have only produced them for OEMs.

i have confirmed with imsto that, at the moment, he does NOT have molds to produce tsangan kits in cherry profile thick PBT. his non-thick PBT caps are, afaik sourced from KBC (or the factory we know as KBC; ie, filco/vortex/ducky/etc.'s key OEM)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 09:39:46 »
qwerkeys is another possibility. Non-standard sizes have a MOQ of 100, as I asked about getting some done for BL82 keyset that needs 1.5 top row and 1.25 home row keys. QK MOQ for more normal sizes like 1.5 mods and 1.75 shift may be lower still.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 30 August 2012, 11:53:45 »
I would be interested in a second-chance GB for tsangan kits that match recent sets (Ragnorock, CCnG, RA2.0).

Offline tjacob

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 15:58:31 »
I would be interested in a second-chance GB for tsangan kits that match recent sets (Ragnorock, CCnG, RA2.0).

This is what I was thinking along the lines of. I just want some damn modifier key options!