Author Topic: Castle leather wrist rest  (Read 33936 times)

Offline TopreFan333

Castle leather wrist rest
« on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 17:35:22 »
Just got this leather wrist rest and like it a lot! https://castle.market/products/bailey-tenkeyless-leather-wrist-rest-black. I got the 60% size on Amazon, which I am not seeing on their site. (The link above is to the TKL size.) There's a pretty strong leather smell right out of the box, but even after a couple of hours it's lessened quite a bit. It's a lot firmer than some rests I've tried, but still has some give. The stitching seems very solid and well done. There's a metal strip apparently built into the base to help it keep its shape, and the bottom is also quite grippy and not inclined to move around on my desk. I thought the castle logo would be annoying but I find it kind of cool actually. For ~$27, quite a deal.

Offline DrivenKeys

• portfolio
Re: Castle leather wrist rest
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 17:21:04 »
I have the full size, and unfortunately, the leather is delaminating and flaking apart at the stitching. Castle wouldn't replace it, but gave me 50% off of another. I'm hoping my first one was a fluke, it's the most comfortable rest I've used; a little too firm, which feels great after an hour or two.
1994 Lexmark Model M, Unicomp EnduraPro, EP84/KC84 (Box Navies with gpl107) Leopold FC900R (MX Clears), Ducky One (MX Whites), Das X50q

Offline MaxNearly

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 October 2023, 11:42:11 »
Wow, digging up this gem of a thread from 3 years ago! It caught my attention because I'm on the hunt for a quality wrist rest myself. How has your leather wrist rest held up over the years? I'm super curious to know if it aged well, given it's made of leather.
Speaking of leather, I recently found an interesting article at https://vonbaer.com/blogs/blog/leather-grades. I wonder if the grade of the leather used in your wrist rest has anything to do with how it's fared long-term? Leather can have varying durability and aging characteristics based on its grade, so this might give you some insights.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 October 2023, 18:02:35 by MaxNearly »

Offline Axiom_

• Atelier Axiom
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 November 2023, 05:10:57 »
Wow, digging up this gem of a thread from 3 years ago! It caught my attention because I'm on the hunt for a quality wrist rest myself. How has your leather wrist rest held up over the years? I'm super curious to know if it aged well, given it's made of leather.
Speaking of leather, I recently found an interesting article at https://vonbaer.com/blogs/blog/leather-grades. I wonder if the grade of the leather used in your wrist rest has anything to do with how it's fared long-term? Leather can have varying durability and aging characteristics based on its grade, so this might give you some insights.

Unrelated to the OP's post, what's your opinion on wrist rests in general? What is the appeal of leather wrist rests over other types ranging from the soft fabric covered ones to the hard wooden, metal or resin ones?