geekhack Community > Keyboards

ABKO Hacker K995P V3 software?

<< < (3/3)

HungerMechanic:
Thanks. I have heard that there are issues with lining up replacement domes with the PCB on Niz boards that are worse than with Topre.

Seems like some generic Topre board would be a better candidate for replacement domes. Although I might be okay with stock 30-35 G Topre / Niz anyway.

Maybe I should have just sold my 45 G ABKO, lol, it is a good specimen. I have put replacement keycaps on it, which has diminished the factory stabilizer lube a little during the process. Still think it would be better with 35 G domes.

Maledicted:

--- Quote from: HungerMechanic on Tue, 15 February 2022, 16:59:31 ---Thanks. I have heard that there are issues with lining up replacement domes with the PCB on Niz boards that are worse than with Topre.

Seems like some generic Topre board would be a better candidate for replacement domes. Although I might be okay with stock 30-35 G Topre / Niz anyway.

Maybe I should have just sold my 45 G ABKO, lol, it is a good specimen. I have put replacement keycaps on it, which has diminished the factory stabilizer lube a little during the process. Still think it would be better with 35 G domes.

--- End quote ---

Mine is 45g, never tried 35g Niz or Topre. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do think I enjoy the overall typing experience more on my ABKO than my Realforce. There's something eminently satisfying about that boiling water sound.

HungerMechanic:
The sound is very keycap-dependent, I find.

Nothing is as good as the stock keycaps. Cheap, thick PBT is alright, as is ePBT, forget most ABS. But the stock keycaps give that 'boiling water' sound most correctly.

bowright:

--- Quote from: Nantes on Thu, 06 January 2022, 14:52:18 ---I registed on this forum just to post on this topic and make life easier for whoever's looking for this software. The instructions to download it are here: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/l2yd1t/keyboard_abko_k965p_v2_55g_capacitance_noncontact/gknzejp/

I am not the author of that Reddit comment, just sharing it!

--- End quote ---

Thanks so much! I can still download the software from the link you posted, magic!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version