geekhack Community > New Members

Hello from Denmark!

(1/2) > >>

Winther:
Hello guys!

I am very new to all this keyboard stuff, well the mechanical kinda that is. Have been a gamer for some years now but didnt really know about mechanical keyboards until like a year ago, and I really want one now.. :P
Right now I have my Roccat Isku, and the enter key is screwed up so I want a mechanical keyboard, I have pretty much decided on the Ducky Shine 2 TKL.. Just not sure yet what switch I want, was hoping I might get a little help here. And before you say it, I know its mostly prefference, but since I have only tried Reds and Browns for a short time, I dont know which one to chose.

I bought the Logitech G710+ but was pretty disapointed, in part due to the switch which I had thought would be more tactile (is uses MX browns if anyone here didnt know..) Does anyone know if that is because of the construcion of the G710+ or are they almost identical to all other browns?
I realize that they are manufactured by the same company but if memory serves I think I heard somewhere that manufacturers put their own "spin" on the switches sometimes?

anyways, sorry about the long intro :P

cheers!

Viz:
Say: "Hello geekhack, goodbye money!" :)
Just keep on reading, keep on progressing, keep on learning, and have fun!

Winther:
hehe, yahr thats what im afraid of.. :P

any recomendable topics or sites to read?

and btw where can I find a description of all the Cherry switches? I know about the Black, reds, browns and blues. but i find its hard to find info about greens, clears, whites, dark grays and so on.. :)

rowdy:
Welcome to Geekhack!

The same switch can feel different in different boards for a number of reasons.  The biggest difference is whether switches are plate-mounted or PCB-mounted.  Apart from that you have PCB construction, case construction and keycap construction to consider.

Browns are generally regarded as less tactile than blues, and many people prefer linear (reds or blacks) for gaming.

Winther:
Thanks!  :D

yahr ok, thanks for that! then I might go with browns instead og blues. anyways I think I have have the chance to try them all out before I buy a Keyboard..

I really dont like reds, and I dont really see the point of getting a mech keyboard if its not tactile, but thats probably just me.. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version