geekhack Community > Keyboards

Has anyone used a Cherry MY switch?

(1/2) > >>

xsphat:
These common in the G81-1800 keyboard.

I am wondering if anyone has typed on a board with these or if we all think they suck based on nothing.

skyian:

--- Quote from: xsphat;2220 ---These common in the G81-1800 keyboard.

I am wondering if anyone has typed on a board with these or if we all think they suck based on nothing.
--- End quote ---

I got one Cherry G81-3504 from Ebay UK about a year ago.

The reason why I bought that is because G81-3504 has FOUR USB HUBS included, though I haven't really used it since the day I received it.

Actually I truly find the touch of Cherry MY switch odd. When you press it, you wouldn't feel the feel like brown switches or blue switches, instead, you feel like you are pressing an a bit hard jelly and the bound back power is not strong, too.

Anyway, I don't suggest anyone get a Cherry MY switch, unless you would like to just show it rather than using it.

xsphat:
Thanks for that, if you bought a keyboard with 4 hubs and never used them because the keys suck so bad, there is no way I would buy one.

skyian:
Actually I think it's partly because I have too many good keyboards with me so that I won't even try to think about getting used to a bad feeling keyboard.

I have 17 cherry keyboards. 5 of them are Brown switches. 4 of them are black swithces. 2 of them are blue switches. one of them is white switches. The rest five of them are MY switches, ML switches, and membrane ones.

I also have DECK, Filco Keyboards, Topre Realforce 101, and Newly-released RF103. I also have Keytronic LTD and other interesting keyboards.

Maybe when I got free time I could post them all here for you guys.. ^_^

iMav:

--- Quote from: skyian;2230 ---Maybe when I got free time I could post them all here for you guys.. ^_^
--- End quote ---

Sounds like quite the collection.  I'd be very interested in hearing your take on the differences between the various cherry keyswitches in your possession.  Here's hoping you get some free time soon!

Oh, and, welcome to geekhack!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version