Author Topic: opinions on recent Cherry keyboard on Ebay  (Read 3144 times)

Offline elmomax

opinions on recent Cherry keyboard on Ebay
« on: Sat, 08 March 2008, 16:14:27 »
This is a recent EBAY posting for a cherrry 4100 compact keyboard. The post says it has black switches.

Can anyone help me out on the type of switch and feel of this keyboard. Also any thoughts or experiences with this selle  ---- scarry-garcia ---- would be appreciated.  I have seen this keyboard for less money on ebay and would like to know if this price makes sense to the more experienced folks here as well.

Thanks
 http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Micro-Mini-Cherry-Hacker-Style-AT-Keyboard_W0QQitemZ290211202829QQihZ019QQcategoryZ51085QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 March 2008, 18:57:10 »
Quote from: elmomax;3502
This is a recent EBAY posting for a cherrry 4100 compact keyboard. The post says it has black switches.

Can anyone help me out on the type of switch and feel of this keyboard. Also any thoughts or experiences with this selle  ---- scarry-garcia ---- would be appreciated.  I have seen this keyboard for less money on ebay and would like to know if this price makes sense to the more experienced folks here as well.

Thanks
 http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Micro-Mini-Cherry-Hacker-Style-AT-Keyboard_W0QQitemZ290211202829QQihZ019QQcategoryZ51085QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For that price you should be able to get it anywhere.  Much lower price here.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 08 March 2008, 20:36:34 »
The switches in that keyboard are Cherry ML, not the MX we all talk about but it is a fine switch either way. The keyboard has 3/4 sized keys, and I type really fast on it.

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
    • http://andrew.wingedwheel.net
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 09 March 2008, 11:56:28 »
I carry the black model in my laptop bag and use it daily.  I think I'd rather have a Mighty Mouse or an HHKB, but I can't argue with the price of my [gift] G84-4100.  It's hard jumping from the TP2 to the Cherry in terms of layout, but once I get the layout in my head (about 20 seconds) I'm off to the races.  Which for me is about 40 words a minute.  =-D  (total guesstimate)

Considering the price of the HHKB, I'll probably get the new Mighty Mouse from Unicomp when it comes out.  But (cough cough) the keyboard in the new Lenovo Thinkpad I should have by then may totally rock my world and I won't need an external (cough cough).  Yeah whatever.

The ML switches are linear and non-clicky.  Not a bad board if you frequently use it in a room full of people you don't want to piss off.  =-D
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }