geekhack Marketplace > TMK Keyboard Service

[TMK] FC660C Alt Controller

<< < (2/4) > >>

Eszett:
Question. I'm eyeballing to buy a FC660C in near future .. can I be sure to still get some of the "Hasu FC660C Controller" somwhere? Just want to sure there is no stock issue? OK, sorry. Question is answered in first posting.

dragm:
Hey Hasu,

Thanks for the great work you've put into reverse engineering and thank you for sharing your findings.

I'm wondering if you'd consider exposing the spare pins on the microcontroller on a future version of the PCB? I've currently got a pro micro wired in with an encoder and OLED but would love to be able to do it on one of your boards (without soldering directly to the controller).

hasu:

--- Quote from: dragm on Sat, 29 August 2020, 21:24:16 ---I'm wondering if you'd consider exposing the spare pins on the microcontroller on a future version of the PCB?

--- End quote ---

I have no plan at this point.

rhechcapel:
I'm petrified of the Mini USB socket breaking on my controller and I'd love to swap it out for a Micro USB one so I can use a magnetic cable.
I know the hole is too small for USB-C, but do you know if it would accommodate Micro USB @hasu?
Would this be a drop in (and resolder) replacement? https://sg.rs-online.com/web/p/usb-connectors/1225100?cm_mmc=SG-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-PLA_SG_EN_Connectors_Whoop-_-(SG:Whoop%21)+USB+Connectors-_-1225100&matchtype=&pla-299983942296&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

Thank you for the wonderful controller :)

hasu:
Can you share pic of the broken controller? I'm curious about how the connector broke.

Generally, you can't drop in Micro connector in place of Mini.

--- Quote from: rhechcapel on Wed, 14 October 2020, 21:32:26 ---I'm petrified of the Mini USB socket breaking on my controller and I'd love to swap it out for a Micro USB one so I can use a magnetic cable.
I know the hole is too small for USB-C, but do you know if it would accommodate Micro USB @hasu?
Would this be a drop in (and resolder) replacement? https://sg.rs-online.com/web/p/usb-connectors/1225100?cm_mmc=SG-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-PLA_SG_EN_Connectors_Whoop-_-(SG:Whoop%21)+USB+Connectors-_-1225100&matchtype=&pla-299983942296&gclsrc=ds&gclsrc=ds

Thank you for the wonderful controller :)

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version