Author Topic: [IC] Cajal: A 45% Keyboard - SOLD OUT IN 3 MINUTES  (Read 117674 times)

Offline rooski15

Re: [IC] Cajal: A 45% Keyboard - GB DELAYED TO JUNE 15 @ 5PM CDT!
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 23:20:34 »
reminding everyone how slick this will be on Monday. see y'all on walletburner.co @ 5pm CDT!
You previously mentioned extra components going up on Sunday to add to cart, does this still stand?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #301 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 23:21:51 »
reminding everyone how slick this will be on Monday. see y'all on walletburner.co @ 5pm CDT!
You previously mentioned extra components going up on Sunday to add to cart, does this still stand?
Sure, and prices are up now

Offline rooski15

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 23:26:01 »
Awesome - excited for this sale! :)

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #303 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 17:37:27 »
I was just checking out the store page to get prepped for this to drop, and I noticed that on the GB page there isn't an option to select the PCB.  I assume which one you get will just be based on the plate selection?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #304 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 19:09:13 »
I was just checking out the store page to get prepped for this to drop, and I noticed that on the GB page there isn't an option to select the PCB.  I assume which one you get will just be based on the plate selection?

Yes, that's right! Staggered plate = staggered PCB, ortho plate = ortho PCB.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #305 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 06:15:05 »
ngl, some part of me is very worried it will sell out in the first minute and I'll miss it because I can't type my address fast enough :P
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #306 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 09:04:59 »
ngl, some part of me is very worried it will sell out in the first minute and I'll miss it because I can't type my address fast enough :P

Google pay, Shopify quick checkout and/or a decent autofill will save you plenty of time! No need to type your address in 2020. Unless it’s an infosec thing for ya.

Offline KurageOuji

« Reply #307 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 22:59:04 »
I'm new to rotary encoders on keyboards, does it come soldered on the staggered hotswap pcb already or do we need to solder it? thanks.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #308 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 23:21:35 »
I'm new to rotary encoders on keyboards, does it come soldered on the staggered hotswap pcb already or do we need to solder it? thanks.
It needs to be soldered on but if you really don't want to I have added a $5 option where I'll solder it on for you in the store

Offline KurageOuji

« Reply #309 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 23:23:34 »
It needs to be soldered on but if you really don't want to I have added a $5 option where I'll solder it on for you in the store

You are the best!! Haven't soldered since high school and would have been kinda down if I had to buy my own iron for just one component. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Offline 8BitLlama

« Reply #310 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 11:59:34 »
I am so excited for this to drop, still having a hard time deciding between steel blue or clear polycarbonate. Wish there were more renders/prototypes of these versions haha.

Fingers crossed I can grab one.

Offline Juego

• True
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 13:33:29 »
Looking forward to this drop  :cool:
#KeyboardGang

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 15:05:34 »
I'm guessing POM plates are full-plates?

Offline rooski15

« Reply #313 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:04:57 »
Well, that was quick. Glad to get in! :)

Offline scarbz

« Reply #314 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:05:30 »
Got into this drop. Sold out in 4 mins

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #315 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:05:40 »
4 minute and its gone :)

nabbed myself Red case + POM plate + gold knob  :p

can't wait for it to ship!

Offline Mojo_lo

« Reply #316 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:06:25 »
Bushido with brass knob secured  :cool:
Daily Driver: Space65 CV Ocean | Duck Orion v3 Silver/Black | Cajal Bushido Red

Offline musdem

« Reply #317 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:06:32 »
Looks like it was a 3.5 to 4 minute sell out. Congrats on the successful GB, I'm looking forward to mine!

Offline Juego

• True
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:07:10 »
I'm in #TeamBushidoRed  :D
#KeyboardGang

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #319 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:07:34 »
Woohoo, got one in E-white! Tax seemed kind of high, but I guess it was about 8%. After getting the keyboard, an extra PCB, some extra plates/knobs, and a foam insert, tax ended up being about $50. :eek:

At least shipping was nice and cheap. I was a bit worried due to the weight.

Offline rooski15

« Reply #320 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:09:44 »
Woohoo, got one in E-white! Tax seemed kind of high, but I guess it was about 8%. After getting the keyboard, an extra PCB, some extra plates/knobs, and a foam insert, tax ended up being about $50. :eek:

Oregon, checking in at 0% sales tax.

Course, we're paying 9% income, so it's kind of a wash.

Offline bobaboy

« Reply #321 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:10:04 »

My order is showing $0 tax, what state are you in?

Offline gorbachev

« Reply #322 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:10:16 »
That didn't last long :)

Blue Steel FTW!

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #323 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:10:43 »

Texas, how about you?

Offline Madrai

« Reply #324 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:10:57 »
Any chance there can be extras for maybe a PC bottom (To mix alu top with PC bottom) sometime in the future? I think it would look REALLY cool to have alu top and still see the brass weight/more underglow with a PC bottom. Granted, that's if the tolerances allow for it and there's enough demand I suppose, but I'd pay a little more for it if you had any extras. ;)

Offline dRnRcRr

« Reply #325 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:12:06 »
Can't believe I actually got one too.   E-white oh ya

Offline bobaboy

« Reply #326 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:14:54 »

Texas, how about you?

California, so it's weird because I usually get taxed. Not sure how it works

Offline rooski15

« Reply #327 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:15:33 »
Any chance there can be extras for maybe a PC bottom (To mix alu top with PC bottom) sometime in the future? I think it would look REALLY cool to have alu top and still see the brass weight/more underglow with a PC bottom. Granted, that's if the tolerances allow for it and there's enough demand I suppose, but I'd pay a little more for it if you had any extras. ;)
I like that idea

Offline Liberation

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:15:53 »
congrats on the gb. i am very eager to see what your 50% is going to look like.

Offline FionaC

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:17:25 »
Hi there, I have ordered two but the details and colors are wrong, guess I didn't pay attention when adding them to cart. Dropped you an email, please tell me it's not too late to change them  :'(

Offline hAy.

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:21:34 »
Oh no...Does not support PayPal payments? I proceeded with it in a minute but was asked for a customer number and missed it because the system did not recognize my number normally.

I'm so sad...Maybe the buyer and payer's customer numbers should have been the same, but I don't know if you'll ask for it. I won the race, but I never thought I couldn't order.

Offline 8BitLlama

« Reply #331 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:24:46 »
Hi there, I have ordered two but the details and colors are wrong, guess I didn't pay attention when adding them to cart. Dropped you an email, please tell me it's not too late to change them  :'(

What's the email? I had a similar problem; but it was the fact that polycarbonate, polycarbonate pink, and e-white all showed as sold out while blue steel aluminum and bushido red were not. I ended up getting the blue steel but when I went back to the page it showed polycarb as in-stock; so I quickly grabbed that. Now hoping I can get the blue steel canceled :T

(before grabbing blue-steel I did ctrl+shift+r several times to make sure it wasn't some weird cache issue with my browser)

Offline Romutulus

« Reply #332 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:27:08 »
Grats on GB. Managed to snag one myself. Now the wait for shopify to alert you that I'm a medium threat for scam.

Offline Madrai

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:33:27 »
Just so everyone knows - there was an error where many more than 200 sets were bought (This may have contributed to some of the errors seen), but Cajal has said that's ok so I assume he will be fulfilling those out of kindness of his heart :). I'm sure he will send an update soon.

Offline isaiasr212

« Reply #334 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:36:38 »
Managed to secure an E-White/Standard Pom White plate/Gold Knob with extras: Black and Silver Knob/Ortho PCB with Brass Plate and Foam. Can’t wait.   

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 18:27:03 »
Got my E-White, gold knob and other extra goodies...pretty sure this is my last board purchase for the year! Thanks WB  :thumb:

Offline joe405

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 18:34:59 »
Sigh missed out due to card payments being declined. We really need an alternative to PayPal since banks seem really suspicious of many Shopify merchant transactions..

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 18:46:55 »
Sigh missed out due to card payments being declined. We really need an alternative to PayPal since banks seem really suspicious of many Shopify merchant transactions..
Same thing happened to me. T_T. If anyone ended up with an extra spot for an ortho board that they want to unload, let me know! (Especially in Blue Steel)

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Offline FionaC

« Reply #338 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 18:51:09 »

What's the email? I had a similar problem; but it was the fact that polycarbonate, polycarbonate pink, and e-white all showed as sold out while blue steel aluminum and bushido red were not. I ended up getting the blue steel but when I went back to the page it showed polycarb as in-stock; so I quickly grabbed that. Now hoping I can get the blue steel canceled :T

(before grabbing blue-steel I did ctrl+shift+r several times to make sure it wasn't some weird cache issue with my browser)

Email is wokechill@gmail.com
I was meaning to buy 1 blue and 1 red, both standard sandblasted with gold knob. My receipt shows I bought two reds, ortho brass and black knob...
Maybe Cajal can simply transfer your blue steel quota to me (but then I have to get my duplicate red ortho cancelled, anyone interested lol?)

Offline 8BitLlama

« Reply #339 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 19:19:20 »

Email is wokechill@gmail.com
I was meaning to buy 1 blue and 1 red, both standard sandblasted with gold knob. My receipt shows I bought two reds, ortho brass and black knob...
Maybe Cajal can simply transfer your blue steel quota to me (but then I have to get my duplicate red ortho cancelled, anyone interested lol?)

Haha, I actually had someone else also message me about taking the blue steel spot. I decided however that I will just keep both boards, and if I decide I only want one I can easily resell it since the board is so pretty. I emailed him hoping I can change one of the orders to a staggered layout with the polycarbonate plate since otherwise they both are using a brass ortho plate. Both the boards have that sick gold knob that I plan to keep though :P (would be neat if I could grab an extra knob in black but I guess those got taken down once the GB finished...).

Edit: got in contact with him and was able to modify my order :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2020, 21:58:18 by 8BitLlama »

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #340 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 20:51:41 »
Cajal sold out in 3 minutes and 20 seconds. Wow. Thank you all for the support. Please email wokechill@gmail.com with any problems or concerns about your order. I can make changes only for the next day or so, then I will be paying the factory to get production up and running rapidly.

O and if I see y'all sell before shippy, your order will get the snippy :scissor_motion_with_hands:. Be classy out there lol.

Offline Bitmxp

• I’ll take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #341 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 21:03:59 »
Hot damn - love the knob.