Author Topic: [GB] AL1 (Shipping, QMK Codes Open Sourced)  (Read 99631 times)

Offline Petch

Re: [GB] AL1 (GB closed)
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 13:56:21 »
TriangleLab, did you get any more pictures of the anodizing yet?

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 15:32:23 »

Anodizing won't be so fast. Normally anodizing is the last process after CNC and bead blasting. I'll keep you updated and post some photos when we get there.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 05:36:41 »
Paid! Looking forward to this board.

Just a quick question regarding the Engraving service.

Where would the engraving on the board be exactly?
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 05:38:53 by superdoedoe »

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 08:03:37 »
Paid! Looking forward to this board.

Just a quick question regarding the Engraving service.

Where would the engraving on the board be exactly?

Laser engraving is pretty flexible. You can basically choose any position on the board for engraving.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 22:10:15 »

CNC of all top cases are finished. I'm surprised that alsoran is doing these so fast.

Offline Petch

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 07:38:02 »
Are they just stacked on top of each other Those are gonna get scratched

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 07:43:45 »

I think the typical process is that they get sanded/polished next to eliminate any imperfections, then anodized and dyed.

Offline Petch

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 08:47:02 »

I think the typical process is that they get sanded/polished next to eliminate any imperfections, then anodized and dyed.
Ah, I thought that would have been done by the CNC guys  :D

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 09:11:46 »

Ah, I thought that would have been done by the CNC guys  :D

bead blasting is the process that eliminate imperfections and make a good texture on the surface. That will be done right before anodizing for the best results.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 05:50:58 »
Were their pictures of the two plates? I swear there was, just can't find them now.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 05:53:24 »
Were their pictures of the two plates? I swear there was, just can't find them now.
Not cut photos but these - https://imgur.com/a/eFlWa

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 16:02:57 »
Not sure if this has been addressed before, but what will the packaging and box for these be like?

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 13:33:18 »
Not sure if this has been addressed before, but what will the packaging and box for these be like?

will be packaged with EVA foams

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:57:51 »
Update:

The CNC of all the parts have been finished. However the funds in Alsoran's Paypal account has been frozen. He's not able to pay the factory the rest payment and get the cases out of the factory. The funds can be released as late as late February, which is still in the range of the estimation of lead time.

Alsoran said he'll try to borrow some money from friends and pay the factory. At least I'm not gonna make sure the Paypal protection wont expire.

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 07:34:48 »
any update TriangleLab?

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 20:05:22 »

All the parts are ready for anodizing. Alsoran found a factory can make this color. He has sent an AL1 for anodizing for this color. If the result is good, you will have opportunity to change to this color if you like.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 21:09:59 »
Show Image

All the parts are ready for anodizing. Alsoran found a factory can make this color. He has sent an AL1 for anodizing for this color. If the result is good, you will have opportunity to change to this color if you like.

good LORD that's nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 21:11:26 »
Show Image

Oh wow, what color is that exactly? Like a deep grey or blue? Or is it black?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 21:31:35 »
Love all the different colors, though I’m always afraid that doing anything other than black/grey/silver would limit me to one set that color matches.

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 23:10:12 »
Is that like midnight blue as the massdrop x Sennheiser 6XX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 04:29:29 »
Oooh thats a nice deep blue. My black AL1 is for Laser but that blue... paired with Laser would look great.

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 04:56:56 »
I freaking love this color. Imagining this with GMK Nautilus right now... I'm practically drooling over this color
b o a r d s

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 09:29:07 »
That's a lot closer to the blue in the renders in the IC that some of us were asking for. I'm very tempted to switch over.

Offline Petch

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 13:57:10 »
Show Image

Yes PLEASE

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 17:55:50 »
lets have a nice smooth GB :D

Offline skaloola

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 08:43:43 »
will there be a 2nd round or maybe a TKL ver coming up?

Offline odd

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 12:09:38 »

Anodizing won't be so fast. Normally anodizing is the last process after CNC and bead blasting. I'll keep you updated and post some photos when we get there.

That blue is amazing, I'll switch for sure if that color is offered

Offline noricon

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 16:49:10 »
The sadness of the lack of updates due to LNY. Super excited about that anodized blue but purple is good as well... decisions decisions.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 17:44:35 »
Anxiously watching to see how these turn out. Hope there's a R2 at some point!

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 14:55:44 »
Any news?

Offline noricon

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 21:45:45 »
Yeah, there hasn't been any news for a while and I do know that anodization takes a while it shouldn't be this long before an update.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 00:17:36 »
Yeah, there hasn't been any news for a while and I do know that anodization takes a while it shouldn't be this long before an update.

We just came out of LNY, so there should be an update soon.

Some regions celebrate it through this week as well, but not Guangzhou.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Petch

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 05:21:56 »
I'm just hoping we can still get that lovely blue - I don't care if I have to wait for it

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 09:49:00 »
sorry for the absence during CNY.

The current status still remains the same that all the cases have been milled. Alsoran will visit the factory tomorrow morning and guide the factory polishing the cases. After polishing, the cases will be beadblasted then anodized. The anodizing should be started next week. I'll give you some updates/photos next week.

Update on the "super dark blue": The prototype of this color has been delayed. The factory doing this color just resumed manufacturing and has a lot of orders pending. We still plan to provide this color to those who like this color in this round.

Some details: There was actually some problems with the Paypal. Alsoran is using a new account for collecting money. Paypal froze all the funds because the items were not shipped in weeks, which is abnormal by their standard.  Alsoran paid the factory to start the manufacturing with his own fund, and wished to get the money after a while. Paypal still decided to keep freezing the funds tho. As a result, Alsoran is borrowing money from friends/family for getting all the cases out of the factory. He could have had fulfilled all the orders even before CNY if he knew this is the solution, as he told me.

Offline Petch

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 14:11:23 »

Update on the "super dark blue": The prototype of this color has been delayed. The factory doing this color just resumed manufacturing and has a lot of orders pending. We still plan to provide this color to those who like this color in this round.

How can we opt-in?

Offline prozach

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 14:54:45 »
Some details: There was actually some problems with the Paypal. Alsoran is using a new account for collecting money. Paypal froze all the funds because the items were not shipped in weeks, which is abnormal by their standard.  Alsoran paid the factory to start the manufacturing with his own fund, and wished to get the money after a while. Paypal still decided to keep freezing the funds tho. As a result, Alsoran is borrowing money from friends/family for getting all the cases out of the factory. He could have had fulfilled all the orders even before CNY if he knew this is the solution, as he told me.

Paypal is the worst for these sorts of things *cough*bitcoin*cough*.  I hope he can get it worked out.  Is there anything that we as GB participants can do or appeal with PayPal so that they release the funds?

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 15:01:03 »

Paypal is the worst for these sorts of things *cough*bitcoin*cough*.  I hope he can get it worked out.  Is there anything that we as GB participants can do or appeal with PayPal so that they release the funds?
I believe they were holding it for 1 month as per his previous posts, that would mean end of Feb they should be unfrozen if not already.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 15:50:42 »

yeah i too want to randomly give some guy $400 with no protections

no thanks

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 16:25:16 »

How can we opt-in?

I'll ask here when the prototype is finished.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 16:38:58 »
I believe they were holding it for 1 month as per his previous posts, that would mean end of Feb they should be unfrozen if not already.

It's not unfrozon unfortunately. Paypal is asking Alsoran to ship items out or there will be more restrictions to his account.

Alsoran asked my opinion that is it possible to ask some GB participants' consent on fake shipping, shipping without a tracking number. I told him that can't be an option, especially as he's not a well known guy here. I suggested him to refund everyone and collect money from everyone on shopify. He decided to borrow money and avoid the troubles at last.

Actually most GB runners have the same problem in China. GB runners can't get the money before the boards are shipped. Normally they list the board on Taobao for 1¥ or just the shipping, then ask the participants to transfer the rest, which means not protection at all. However we're running the GB here so we'll follow the rules here. We will not provide an option without buyers protections.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 16:41:54 »
Thanks for the updates, TriangleLab, we appreciate them. I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a great board!!

Sorry about the Paypal troubles as well. As others have said, unfortunately it's not a new problem and there just doesn't seem to be a good plan B. PayPal is by far the best for us because it's easy, everyone has it and offers purchase protection. Just a bummer it sucks so bad for the GB runners... Know that many others buys have ended up coming out of pocket up front, then waiting on PayPal to release the coin.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 17:03:37 »

It's not unfrozon unfortunately. Paypal is asking Alsoran to ship items out or there will be more restrictions to his account.

Alsoran asked my opinion that is it possible to ask some GB participants' consent on fake shipping, shipping without a tracking number. I told him that can't be an option, especially as he's not a well known guy here. I suggested him to refund everyone and collect money from everyone on shopify. He decided to borrow money and avoid the troubles at last.

Actually most GB runners have the same problem in China. GB runners can't get the money before the boards are shipped. Normally they list the board on Taobao for 1¥ or just the shipping, then ask the participants to transfer the rest, which means not protection at all. However we're running the GB here so we'll follow the rules here. We will not provide an option without buyers protections.
PayPal is the only option in my opinion. As a buyer the protection is what we need, they refunded me on a few occasions where I have been scammed.

Really the fact they are holding the funds is to protect themselves rather than us.

I've read in some GBs the runner calls PayPal before and getting special permissions on their account so the freeze does not happen. Not sure of the requirements for this though.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 21:56:42 »
count me in for that dank blue!

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 12:40:09 »
Update: All the cases have been polished. Most importantly, Alsoran has paid the factory with the money he borrowed, and brought all the cases to his home.

The next step is to get all the cases beadblasted and anodized.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 12:45:48 »
Alsoran's Paypal account is still frozen and can't even send out more invoices. Paypal won't unfreeze his account unless he ships out items. Several who DMed me for leftovers will get the invoice after all the other boards are shipped.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 12:50:55 »
So money has been paid for them to be cut and polished but as of right now we have no money to beadblast/anodize them(because of PayPal), is that correct?

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 13:15:13 »
So money has been paid for them to be cut and polished but as of right now we have no money to beadblast/anodize them(because of PayPal), is that correct?

No, I didn't say that.  Alsoran should also have the money to do the beadblasting and anodizing. Everything is going well currently.

Offline floris

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 14:23:19 »
Are the pcb’s done already?

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 14:44:13 »

No, I didn't say that.  Alsoran should also have the money to do the beadblasting and anodizing. Everything is going well currently.
Alsoran is the man! paying everything upfront, much props to him for helping this buy run smoothly. 

Offline prozach

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 17:43:34 »
How many switches am I going to need?

I tried looking through the IC thread and this but don't see any sort of BOM if I plan to assemble it myself.

OR am I being a noob?