Author Topic: White HHKB Modifiers  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
White HHKB Modifiers
« on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 16:27:03 »
I just got a new HHKB and I can't seem to find any white modifiers anywhere. I don't mind the grey ones but if someone could help me to find some blank white modifiers I would be so happy. Thanks guys <3

Offline scwoopz

Re: White HHKB Modifiers
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 16:31:37 »
Don't think full white ones exist, though you could buy a set of mods from an artisan.
ortho or shmortho

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 17:22:13 »
Artisans only, but white are far, far and few between.
keyboards.

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 17:58:21 »
Artisans only, but white are far, far and few between.
I assumed so. I'll probably end up contacting someone to make me some possibly.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 23:15:48 »
You know the colored RealForce sets?

They made a white one but I've only ever seen 1 person with it :confused:

If you can find one of those you'd have the janky right shift but it's all white.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 01:34:36 »

If you can find one of those you'd have the janky right shift but it's all white.
**** me, I wouldn't have a fun time searching for one of those. I'll definitely keep an eye out for them, thanks swotch!

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 02:11:19 »

the dream

then you'd just need to find a JIS set to get the short right shift lol, too easy

i've seen a couple of people using white enjoypbt/gateron sets with MX sliders on their HHKB and from the photos it looks pretty clean, however in reality there would likely be a colour mismatch

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 03:13:04 »

the dream

Show Image

Show Image

then you'd just need to find a JIS set to get the short right shift lol, too easy

i've seen a couple of people using white enjoypbt/gateron sets with MX sliders on their HHKB and from the photos it looks pretty clean, however in reality there would likely be a colour mismatch
God ****ing damn it those are gorgeous. I'm gonna try to keep the modifiers topre, I'll just find out if someone will help me out and maybe I can commission some from an artisan. Or I could buy these ones but who's kidding that might be a while if at all.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 07:44:02 »
hot dam, those are sexy. Wonder if Japan hordes it all in their back alley electronic shops

Offline DaBubbs

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 20:49:15 »

Wish you the best of luck with the white set. I've been looking for some Realforce English sets (red and blue) for a while now. I have heard that there are no plans to offer them anytime soon.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 00:08:14 »

Wish you the best of luck with the white set. I've been looking for some Realforce English sets (red and blue) for a while now. I have heard that there are no plans to offer them anytime soon.

i'm lucky enough to have both of those sets, but you're right when you say they're not planning to do any reruns

Offline DaBubbs

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 12:21:46 »

i'm lucky enough to have both of those sets, but you're right when you say they're not planning to do any reruns

(Attachment Link)
Yeah, I talked with Brian from EK recently about it as well. He said that they try to get stuff in but either it takes forever (and he is never given a firm ETA) or they just tell him that they do not plan on making certain stuff any longer. I am waiting to add another 87U for my home computer and have been waiting for EK to get some more 55g's in. Brian told me that the new RF RGB keyboard is taking almost all of RF's resources right now and they keep delaying his ETA on the 87U's and other RF Topre stuff.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.