Author Topic: [IC] Nazaré 1-60 by Nazaré Engineering  (Read 42966 times)

Offline Invezting

If you add ISO pls make a separate plate for it  Great looking board here.
Will do!

Offline Coby

Re: [IC] Nazaré 1-60 W1 by Nazaré Engineering
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 04:18:57 »
I like your approach on developing a new mounting system in which is always appreciated and welcome innovation into the hobby, the only con imo and its solely my personal taste is the right bottom blocker, idk maybe its just my ocd triggering the asymmetrical look and in my mind its just spain without the s, but apart from that lil buggie board is fabulous, GLWIC  :thumb:

Offline PuddingPug

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 04:22:35 »
Keeping an eye on this!

Offline ectoplasmatic

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 04:28:24 »
Here for Nazaré. Love love love the bottom logo design.

Offline slg1993

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 12:26:39 »
I will echo what others are saying, the design of the weight(s) is really the selling point here for me, they look absolutely beautiful

if the sound and feel turn out to be good this might be a must buy!

Offline kaworu

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 13:36:11 »
Thank you for adding ISO support. I filled the IC form stating I would not buy the board, but now I will definitely consider it!

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 13:48:45 »
This looks so interesting damn! This is a bottom row I have not seen yet but I really dig it!
GLWIC

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 19:25:06 »
Cannot wait for you to take the monies from my wallet this is a gorgeous board!!

Offline WalkinTrashCan

• I know that they at the crib going crazy down bad
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 22:40:22 »
love the weights and bottom right blocker, looking forward to the day when gb is announced.

Offline BrainBunker

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 03:00:24 »
Great concept and execution, good luck!

Offline arq1999

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 20:55:59 »
Amazing Looking forward to GB!

Offline helborne

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 20:58:45 »
bottom right blocker is such a good choice. will be watching this one

Offline Delontino

• Lubed & Filmed
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 16:38:56 »
I'm in for this. ge that GB going and you'll have my money!

Offline UGunaLOSE

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 06:59:22 »
This is creative and cool! Well done GLWIC

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
So what is the difference between this and one o ring that goes around the whole assembly
Also I want to know difference between this and normal strip gasket

from tree leaf

In my experience, the o-ring feels "more gasket-ey", maybe because of the shape (cylinder vs. rectangle) so it can compress more or differently? Physics, idk.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline netwrknerd

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 23:29:52 »
Sign me up.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 02:08:05 »
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the design of the butt/base, but I dig the front, and the mount design is intriguing. If this is under $350, I can see myself supporting the GB!

GLWIC/GB.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 03:45:50 »
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the design of the butt/base, but I dig the front, and the mount design is intriguing. If this is under $350, I can see myself supporting the GB!

GLWIC/GB.

probably closer to $500 I would guess

Offline Nuap

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 07:29:48 »

GLWIC/GB.

probably closer to $500 I would guess

I will still cop.... a novel mounting solution with an interesting design is hard to NOT support.

Offline abellp327

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 08:34:08 »
Count me in  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline NorrittMTG

• * Vendor
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 16:05:54 »
If end game existed... this would be it.
Would love a 7U bottom row but considering how gorgeous the board is that's a really minor thing.
So appreciate the ISO support too  :thumb:

Really hope we get to help you bring this to the UK

Offline Ryanticz

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 18:30:17 »
Love the look of this. The bottom looks so good! Definitely in for this

Offline kennan

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 18:32:27 »

GLWIC/GB.

Aren't you the dude who made a post a while ago saying how he could exploit people for artisans. lol.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 23:25:34 »
Interesting Mounting Style. It's like Leaf Spring and O-Ring had a baby.
Would it be possible to clip off some of wings/leaves in order to increase flex/bounce?

Offline seh0nk

• tech advantage blog
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 21:52:54 »
I didn't know my sexuality until I saw this keyboard

Offline locxu

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 11:39:42 »
You should add option to buy different badge colors, such as copper or blue badge.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 21:39:53 »
lots of good stuff going on here even if it’s not my jam (bottom row blocker). i also see you referenced the dalco 959 mini so i expect some pretty aggressive pricing even though it’s your first effort. it will be exciting to see where will you go from here. best of luck with your new company, you’ve definitely got a vision and some cool ideas!

So what is the difference between this and one o ring that goes around the whole assembly

from tree leaf
I will be sending prototypes out to multiple content creators and streamers who I am sure will do a great job at explaining these differences. Stay tuned!

Hello, my name is Brian/Invezting and I am a long standing member of the community who has almost a decade of experience in engineering/CAD.

have to admit that i’m scratching my head wondering why, as an engineer, you can’t answer treeleaf’s question. also would be interesting to hear why you chose this approach, the actual or intended benefits, etc.

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2021, 22:29:26 by azzipa »

Offline Invezting

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 02:36:14 »
lots of good stuff going on here even if it’s not my jam (bottom row blocker). i also see you referenced the dalco 959 mini so i expect some pretty aggressive pricing even though it’s your first effort. it will be exciting to see where will you go from here. best of luck with your new company, you’ve definitely got a vision and some cool ideas!

from tree leaf
I will be sending prototypes out to multiple content creators and streamers who I am sure will do a great job at explaining these differences. Stay tuned!

Hello, my name is Brian/Invezting and I am a long standing member of the community who has almost a decade of experience in engineering/CAD.

have to admit that i’m scratching my head wondering why, as an engineer, you can’t answer treeleaf’s question. also would be interesting to hear why you chose this approach, the actual or intended benefits, etc.
Hey! Thanks for the kind words! In regards to treeleaf's question, I think that the feel and sound can vary due to various different factors like the mounting points, the material(s) of the keyboard, the compression from the case, and (the durometer softness, size, tightness, & material of) the o-rings. In fact, if you were to compare two different whole assembly o-ring mounted keyboards I guarantee that they would not feel or sound identical to one another. This same reasoning could be applied to gasket strip mounted keyboards. This is why I did not feel that it would be an accurate analysis to compare the sound or feel of this keyboard to a whole other generalized mounting style, especially since I have not tried every single board out there. This is actually why I answered treeleafs question by saying to stay tuned for upcoming reviews (from content creators/streamers), as I am sure that they have tried a lot more keyboards than me, making their review and comparison a lot more accurate and less bias than my own.

In regards to the design approach of this keyboard, I wrote this in the geekhack post: "I designed a brand new mounting style for this keyboard, which I have called the “Rail-Ring” gasket mount system. This new “Rail-Ring” gasket mount system is basically a hybrid of isolation gasket mount and o-ring gummy gasket mount. This mounting system consists of wrapping o-rings around every edge of the plate to dampen all contact between the plate and case. The left/right edges of the plate have 1 o-ring wrapped around them. The top/bottom edges of the plate have 3 o-rings wrapped around them. All 8 o-rings then rest inside of tunnels machined into both the top and bottom of the keyboard. These tunnels are meant to keep the plate in place and provide a little bit of o-ring compression. The depth of these tunnels also keeps the plate in a floating position where the plate doesn’t make any contact with the case. This system was designed with the intention of providing a consistent typing experience across the whole plate, as well as hopefully improving upon the already satisfying typing experience associated with o-ring gummy gasket mounted keyboards." I hope this answers most of your questions!
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 January 2022, 15:50:32 by Invezting »

Offline azzipa

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 09:12:56 »
awesome reply, thank you!

Offline mukhrizthedodo

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 13:13:13 »
Woah i've been looking for a new 60% for a while now, and this might just be it! This is one beautiful rectangle, props to you and those involved with the creation of this board!

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 04:45:30 »
Typing test:

Build stream, available for two weeks:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1200703611

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 06:39:37 »
And some pictures :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stidal

• milo#3939
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 06:43:16 »
looks super sick! was sort of conflicted about the transparent wave, but i've come to the conclusion that i'm definitely with it
transition tkl // aksara ce // bully // valhalla // voyager // rs60 // adiuvare // ciel60 // jules // prime e // ut47.2 // sequence // bumper // q1 // gaff60

Offline clacklabs

• clack labs
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 29 December 2021, 05:38:50 »
Some more pics from me ;D

280471-0280473-1280475-2

Offline TomatoMan

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 18:33:12 »
Love the idea behind the design, i think something a bit more recalling sun and moon would have been even cooler, like even a sun/moon engraving on each weight would be insane!
Anyway the mounting style looks very interesting, wonder if it's gonna feel similar to a kei or maybe a lil bit more bouncy  :thumb:

Offline schrobie

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 05:35:46 »
Love the idea for the gaskets. Board looks really nice

Offline Nullwave

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 23 February 2022, 19:10:53 »
PLEASE ADD A POLYCARB PLATE thx
I won the raffle !!!  :thumb: