geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Project Affogato Wrist Rest (Wood & Alu) Updated 11 Aug.

(1/13) > >>

KeepCalm27:
Hey everyone, this is KeepCalm27. People have been seeing a lot of keyboards and keycaps interest check, but today I will present to you something equally important, the Wrist Rest.
For the first round, it will be only available for 65% size (315.5mm Length).

IN STOCK SALE on DEC 22
GB Link: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115690.msg3100549#msg3100549

IC Form:https://forms.gle/pv8HiWrXt7schQQ86
Thank you for your patient to fill it out. Every suggestion means a lot.

Update December 9, 2021
Louis and I have been working on international transport for a long time. Finally we are close to in-stock sale, probably in 1-3 weeks.
Forged carbon fiber panels are also in-stock, but limited number.
QC are 95% done at iLumkb.
Sent to streamer, build und use guide on the way!

Update September 14, 2021
All Manufacturing was finished on August 27, and was sent to vendors. EU vendor is Oblotzky. Still need some time for vendors to QC all units themselves.
Another new panel material is decided, which is forged carbon fiber. And leather panel is waiting for prototypes. I will post some photos of forged carbon fiber panel by the end of this month.

Update August 10, 2021
Prototype II works well and also looks well. I finally choose Equalz as my alu part manu, they get pretty good quality control.

All the cushion layers are silicone now, which is easy to install.

Some people ask me about the magnetic connection. Actually it makes changing the top panel of wrist rest easier, which means the top panel is not glued onto the alu base. I tested several magnet combinations and finally makes sure when the panel is lifted, the base won't be lifted together, and when holding the wrist rest upside down, the panel won't drop. There will be other panels availble in the future. I have already ordered some forged carbon fiber panels from several suppliers.

Here are some photos of the second prototype.
Original Walnut, this panel isn't the final version, which is made by hand & CNC. It will be more accurate in the mass production.

With some wax (You can apply some was if you want)

Base and top panel

Magnetic connection

With Percent Canoe Gen2 (this board is a little bit wider than normal 65% keyboards)

Packaging was designed, and sample was made and still on the way to my house.

Update August 2, 2021
Just got my alu part of prototype II, new manu is better than previous one. Soon I will post some new photos of it.
Wood part of prototype II is not reaching my standard, so it needs a few more days to re-make.

Features:
8-degree angle
Aluminum base & wood top panel (optional forged carbon fiber panel)
Magnetic connection with Silicone cushioning layer
Silicone protection layer between wrist rest & keyboard

Structure:

Prototype I Photos:

Dimension:
Front height: 4mm, Rear height 16mm (Lower profile makes typing more comfortable)
Length: 315.5mm, which perfectly matches 65% keyboards, eg: Keycult No.2/65, Aurora Input Series 65, etc.
Width: 85mm

Colors:
R1 will be limited to Black Anode / Dark Walnut. Forged carbon fiber panels are provided as an option.

Vendors:
Asia: iLumkb
EU: Oblotzky Industires

Pricing and In-stock Quantity:
Price: to be determined
In-stock Quantity: 160 Units for R1 (R2 depends on the demand)

To-do:
Get prototype I (without magnetic connection, tested)
Get prototype II (with magnetic connection)
Design the outer packaging (Probably carton with EVA)
Finalize selling details (In-stock quantity, colors, pricing)

KeepCalm27:
Reserved ;D

Lya:
冷静哥 YYDS, i want this ASAP

Caseybb:
GLWIC!

Crushader:
I'm really interested if there's a 96%/1800 size, white color and lighter wood like maple/pine, etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version