Author Topic: Post your Cherry Corp keyboards  (Read 137005 times)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
Re: Post your Cherry Corp keyboards
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 16:52:42 »
I'm surprised nobody's made one of these yet.. There's a post your 1800s thread but nothing more.

Post anything made by Cherry Corp here!

I'll start with some of my favourites.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

whats a cheap cherry board I can buy that has these beautiful cherry doubleshots on especially like the beige and white ones or the ones with different languages.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 17:04:29 »
I suppose I should stick this in here too, since it's likely to get buried quick in the mail today thread...

Knocked another one off my Cherry 'bucket list', a G80 board with bitshift layout!
Rohde & Schwarz Cherry G80-0774
Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Near mint condition, asides from the chip on the upper left corner it's like new. Perfect condition Cherry doubleshots with many interesting keys and legends on plate mounted MX blacks. Lock leds appear to be orange. Top case bezel is metal, with some kind of 'engineered' bottom tray. Sadly, it's another keyboard with a weird connector in my collection making it impossible to use without heavy mods... of which I wouldn't even know where to start with it's 3 wire phono jack connector.

:thumb:
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 21:58:25 »
What is 'cheap'? There are LOTs of different models out there in LOTS of different languages. Some are stupid hard to find, especially outside that language area... and when you do find them be prepared to pay. Though... you can always get lucky and score a really good deal. But you have to be patient and looking frequently. The biggest key I have to finding them cheap is knowing what other companies had Cherry OEM them, and looking for those because everyone else isn't. Also just looking with super generic terms and trawling through 10,000s of listings and being able to spot them in ****ty 300x200 cameraphone potato **** pictures.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 04:20:35 »
What is 'cheap'? There are LOTs of different models out there in LOTS of different languages. Some are stupid hard to find, especially outside that language area... and when you do find them be prepared to pay. Though... you can always get lucky and score a really good deal. But you have to be patient and looking frequently. The biggest key I have to finding them cheap is knowing what other companies had Cherry OEM them, and looking for those because everyone else isn't. Also just looking with super generic terms and trawling through 10,000s of listings and being able to spot them in ****ty 300x200 cameraphone potato **** pictures.
$75-$100 is what I would consider cheap for a cherry board. (Am I way off In left field on that?) I could swear I have seen people claiming they bought boards for $50 dollars that look like they have a banging ANSI classic beige on it. Some of those olivetti boards Droool or peacock. I guess the main thing is I should stop being lazy and just really start doing my homework on OG cherry ! Pawing through this thread probobaly isn't a bad place to start 8) thanks guys and gals.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 08:15:33 »
The good thing about vintage boards is that you can find them really cheap on auction sites or classified ads if you're lucky.

If you want to get them from other members for market price.. Things can get quite expensive though. I know one or two particular models of Cherry boards would sell for $1500~ if not more.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 08:19:15 »
The good thing about vintage boards is that you can find them really cheap on auction sites or classified ads if you're lucky.

If you want to get them from other members for market price.. Things can get quite expensive though. I know one or two particular models of Cherry boards would sell for $1500~ if not more.

I'm going to float this out there. Vintage boards does not mean *ONLY* Cherry boards. There are many many many vintage keyboards of which Cherry boards are a subset.

Offline just1n

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 16:36:41 »

NCR - 0528   Top  &  Black Stems 

(Attachment Link)     (Attachment Link)  

0528  Key caps deeper than the traditional meters white color of some key caps.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 16:45:32 »
$75-100 is probably a reasonable expectation for one that is in very good to excellent or possibly new condition. It's certainly possible to find them for much less though. Especially if you would like German. Can often find very cheap on ebay.de, but usually you will need someone German to help you get it as many refuse to ship international. But as you say, best to school yourself on what to look for so you can hunt on your own. It's certainly possible to find some real deals if you know what you are looking for and are not in a hurry to get it. I've gotten many Cherry doubleshot boards for as little as $15, even some that are MX for that little. My own average is probably closer to $50... but I am really good at finding the deep listings that are in wrong categories, misspelled and so on that others didn't find.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 17:23:14 »
Thanks Ivan ....international shipping and or proxying is something I don't necessarily want to deal with right now and by the sounds of it will limit my options ! 8-/ As with everything there's no alternative
For Hard thorough research. I really don't know what to look for when it comes to cherry boards or there sub brandings.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 18:17:43 »
$75-100 is probably a reasonable expectation for one that is in very good to excellent or possibly new condition. It's certainly possible to find them for much less though. Especially if you would like German. Can often find very cheap on ebay.de, but usually you will need someone German to help you get it as many refuse to ship international. But as you say, best to school yourself on what to look for so you can hunt on your own. It's certainly possible to find some real deals if you know what you are looking for and are not in a hurry to get it. I've gotten many Cherry doubleshot boards for as little as $15, even some that are MX for that little. My own average is probably closer to $50... but I am really good at finding the deep listings that are in wrong categories, misspelled and so on that others didn't find.
Can I hire you for keyboard shopping? :p :p /s

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 12:46:22 »
LOL. You're German though... unless you don't want stuff in German layout you should have no problems. It's so easy to find them for real cheap on German ebay. Only need to search Cherry G80, Cherry tastatur and just look through, usually can find a nice one with doubleshot or even dyesub for under 40EUR. Oh, and check on Highscreen too, those are often easy to find cheap.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 May 2015, 12:48:52 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 15:23:34 »
LOL. You're German though... unless you don't want stuff in German layout you should have no problems. It's so easy to find them for real cheap on German ebay. Only need to search Cherry G80, Cherry tastatur and just look through, usually can find a nice one with doubleshot or even dyesub for under 40EUR. Oh, and check on Highscreen too, those are often easy to find cheap.
Thanks for the tips! :thumb: I guess you're right that it's easier to find some good Cherries here, though often in QWERTZ and I prefer QWERTY as you've guessed.

I recently picked up a G80-1000 HAD on Ebay classifieds for 30 bucks with near mint condition German doubleshots and a 3000 PCB (ready for a leeku, thanks for the tip recently about the G80-1000 also coming with G80-3000 PCBs in them). The case could use some retr0bright though.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 23:16:22 »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 01:10:12 »
Dolch :)
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 03:49:19 »
Have to make some more interesting pics of this keyboard than these, there is also a manual, and everything in pretty good shape!

... ...

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 04:07:14 »
Have to make some more interesting pics of this keyboard than these, there is also a manual, and everything in pretty good shape!

Show Image

Show Image

2550 HAD?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 09:19:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

That's one hella nice board :thumb:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 12:11:38 »
I suppose I should stick this in here too, since it's likely to get buried quick in the mail today thread...

Knocked another one off my Cherry 'bucket list', a G80 board with bitshift layout!
Rohde & Schwarz Cherry G80-0774
Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Near mint condition, asides from the chip on the upper left corner it's like new. Perfect condition Cherry doubleshots with many interesting keys and legends on plate mounted MX blacks. Lock leds appear to be orange. Top case bezel is metal, with some kind of 'engineered' bottom tray. Sadly, it's another keyboard with a weird connector in my collection making it impossible to use without heavy mods... of which I wouldn't even know where to start with it's 3 wire phono jack connector.
Great Collection!  Ivan!     Beautiful layout !   ;)

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 12:46:20 »
2550 HAD?

It is a G80-2550 HPD, the same one as seen here. I thought it is a battleship, but when I lifted it the first time I thought like wow, that one is light! Of course, PCB, case, nothing else, but I was surprised because of its size.

... ...

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 12:53:44 »
Great shots madhias.. I need to get one of those.
github

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 13:29:07 »

Open for trades :) Seriously, I am not that into vintage Cherry keyboards. If I hold this one, I am going to use some caps on my upcoming TX1800 mixed with other matching caps, and that's it! The last nice Cherry board I had, was this Phoneboard, which I sold to tinnie for about $30 if I remember correctly. But I got a nice IBM keyboard later, so it was fair and Karma was right again.

... ...

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 01:23:47 »
Wow!  Beautiful !    ;)

Alcatel MMK - Phoneboard      http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/photo/7562246 
102144-0  102146-1  102148-2

« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2015, 01:25:25 by sprit »

Offline just1n

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 13:08:22 »

Open for trades :) Seriously, I am not that into vintage Cherry keyboards. If I hold this one, I am going to use some caps on my upcoming TX1800 mixed with other matching caps, and that's it! The last nice Cherry board I had, was this Phoneboard, which I sold to tinnie for about $30 if I remember correctly. But I got a nice IBM keyboard later, so it was fair and Karma was right again.

Show Image

It's internal, very rich.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 14:01:04 »

Show Image

Show Image

Looks nice the PCB with all the resistors and other components neatly arranged.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 17:55:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

And a Nice Case Bottom too!    :thumb:
I love that style bottom in NCR0528, Amiga 2000, G80-0904, etc 
So sturdy and nice support for the PCB,   pleasant typing for a long time! 

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 22:37:15 »

102589-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 June 2015, 22:48:13 by sprit »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 22:43:21 »

Show Image

This is cracking me up. I like that phone more than I like the board haha!

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 22:47:30 »

(Attachment Link)

can you post your pictures in a more normal angle please?  its pain in the ass to look at your pictures to figure out what the hell is that. 

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 22:53:50 »
it's a normal 3000 board,  I got just this pic saved.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 00:45:26 »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline just1n

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 08:04:30 »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 10:58:56 »
I've always hated those that they didn't make both pieces of case body same color. It look cheap and lazy.

Offline metal369

• Singlepath
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 20:56:26 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow. Ncr housing looks good.
Hi there!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #133 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 11:03:25 »
Thanks wlhlm for pointing out this thread.

Here's my HAV keyset on ESA-3000HASRO, Vintage Cherry MX Blacks.

Some fun!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 12:22:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

Some fun!
Show Image

God that board looks great!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 12:46:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Some fun!
Show Image

God that board looks great!

Thank you sir,  much appreciated.

Yea,  been wanting a 3000 for a while,  and got really lucky.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 23:06:01 »
After about 8 months it's finally here..

Lovely 1.25u bottom row, fully MX compatible and center stemmed! Win/menu keys are pad print, and you can see the clear coat.

github

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 05:52:27 »

Lovely 1.25u bottom row, fully MX compatible and center stemmed! Win/menu keys are pad print, and you can see the clear coat.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 06:01:31 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

After all the flash colours I've seen lately it's nice to see a plain BoW.  Don't seem to get many of those these days :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dan002

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 07:43:37 »
All the photos are of vintage cherry boards. Here's my 2015:
109636-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 August 2015, 14:14:56 by dan002 »
Peace, love and keyboards.

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 16:30:34 »

More to come.  ;D
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 20:15:09 »
g80-3700hqaus-0

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 21:53:29 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:12:10 by alienman82 »

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 22:20:52 »
Show Image

More to come.  ;D

I smell some olivetti

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 22:23:18 »
(Attachment Link)

What keys are those? and, it appears that -_ and =+ are inverted, aren't they?

Offline kct

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 00:30:41 »
Unfortunately, it's a G83 at my workplace:

There's supposed to be some G81s in the store room, but none for the G80...

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 10:33:33 »
It appears I haven't posted my newer boards in here, don't know how I missed that lol:

I don't have any PCB pics of the 2100s because I really don't feel like going through the trouble to open them.

G80-2100HDF with red LED swap:
For this keyboard, it is a AZERTY French ISO layout, and I love the US ISO keyboard, I definitely am a fan. All I did on this one was open it up and swap the green LEDs to red. It has a very worn pair of caps, and I honestly like them more than my textured ANSI set. I used this as a daily driver for the past few weeks, and I love using it, especially all the layers of programmable keys.
Untitled by skurela, on Flickr

G80-2100HDD:
This is stock, and it sadly got a broken corner while shipping, but I have a replacement case coming :). I haven't done anything to this except take the lock keys off to put on my HDU.

G80-1000HDU with red LED swap / mod and German lock keys:
This originally came with an all ANSI cap layout, including the grey pipeline, which is a bit rare. It didn't have any in-switch lock lights, so I added them so I could use windowed keys. I need to put some black ink around the other lock LEDs though, as the cover they have bleeds the LED and I don't like the way it looks. This will be my daily driver until the Koala is finished.

I would like to say the PCB on this is beautiful, on both sides.

Offline dan002

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 13:07:32 »
g80-3700hqaus-0

Show Image

awesome. So where did you get those bro caps from? My keyboard would look complete with some caps above the numpad... I have some portal key caps that I bought I want to trade because they're the wrong profile.

Offline dan002

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 13:21:43 »
(Attachment Link)

What keys are those? and, it appears that -_ and =+ are inverted, aren't they?

Hey, those are DSA Sublimated:
1x standard base (white)
1x standard modifyer (gray)
1x numpad (white)

Thanks for the feedback, time to get out the key puller!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 18:57:15 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:11:44 by alienman82 »