Author Topic: [Vending] GMK Hyperfuse Sale 10/23  (Read 231063 times)

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: [Vending] GMK Hyperfuse Sale 10/23
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 09:09:57 »
Well I placed the order anyway for fear of messing out. Hopefully I was just misinformed and everything's OK with the transaction.
Misinformed? Any issues and I'm your guy. What can I do to help?

Hey there! I posted above asking if you shipped to Canada. I was told it was CONUS only until "round 1" ends. Wasn't exactly sure what that meant, but I put the sale out of my mind. Then I checked your website today and international shipping to Canada was definitely an available option! I really want the set so I already sent the Paypal payment (due to the limited amount of sets left when I checked) and it looks like everything went through.

I guess I was just looking for some clarification on whether or not my order is in the clear!
I will have to check this out.

I'll send you a PM so as not to clutter this thread.
No problem.  I have an answer.  Yes your international order went through.  No it was not supposed to.  I will process it anyway.  This is my mistake.

Wow an answer before my PM went out! Thanks for the lightning quick response. I was feeling odd about the order after that information was given to me so I thought it best to ask - despite the order going through. Thank you so much for processing it regardless, I know you didn't have to.

I really appreciate it though- been looking forward to grabbing this set since I saw it, and now I have some artisans coming that will match it perfectly!!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline HyperDrive2332

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 09:20:33 »
Hi, New here.

I've ordered/paid and in the UK so I'm guessing that my order won't be processed?
Current money vacuum: Winkeyless B.87 with 67g Zealios

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 09:27:12 »
Hi, New here.

I've ordered/paid and in the UK so I'm guessing that my order won't be processed?

Binge stated first round was for CONUS only, any leftovers would be sold for round 2 for international buyers.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline HyperDrive2332

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 09:30:21 »
Hi, New here.

Binge stated first round was for CONUS only, any leftovers would be sold for round 2 for international buyers.

Ah shame, i saw it on the website for sale and instantly went for it.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 09:38:42 »
Hi, New here.

Ah shame, i saw it on the website for sale and instantly went for it.

Stick around to see if there are any leftovers for anybody needing international shipping or get enough posts(25) so you can browse classifieds, oh and welcome to Geekhack! :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #205 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 09:50:54 »
Thanks for doing this binge-san.

I needed a replacement hyperfuse set XD

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 09:56:22 »
Hi, New here.

The mistake was on my end.  Only 4 international orders went through.  All orders that went through due to my error will be processed and shipped.  The option is no longer available.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline HyperDrive2332

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 09:58:35 »
Hi, New here.

The mistake was on my end.  Only 4 international orders went through.  All orders that went through due to my error will be processed and shipped.  The option is no longer available.

Oh wow Binge you are amazing, I've been after this set for ages.

Thank you!

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #208 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 10:17:29 »
Mad respect to Binge for accommodating those international orders that slipped through, even though he had set out the distribution parameters prior to it going live. Insanely fast responses and handled very professionally. We are eternally grateful!

Thanks again for your flexibility and also for organizing/providing this opportunity in the first place.

Offline malaik0

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 10:34:50 »
I do not think respectfully make that kind of difference (CONUS or INTERNATIONAL ORDERS) but who I am to say the opposite ...

good luck with the sales ...

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 10:52:08 »
I do not think respectfully make that kind of difference (CONUS or INTERNATIONAL ORDERS) but who I am to say the opposite ...

good luck with the sales ...

You thought it important enough to voice your opinion.  The issue people are neglecting is the cost. International orders are expensive.  I know I can get it less costly if I find a way to ship in bulk to various parts of the world.  This saves YOU money, not me.  It is VERY important to me that people get the most for their money, and the cost of shipping this package outside of the United States is expensive by my standards.

Because people decided that they wanted to pay the rate for international shipping I can afford it, but it pains me to see the expense of the international package.  This was not how I intended things to go.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline malaik0

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 11:36:32 »
im new in this community and who am I to say what you want it to be ... just say that being a community for the world is weird to see that selling this restricted to the US, just that. your work is amazing 100 sets is very good (I couldnt do it) ... just think a little discriminatory (not sure if it's good this word) this difference ... something like "you are from USA? ok you can have access, if you are not then you have to expect that no American wants the 100 sets ", i just think this decision was unlike anything I have seen, but I'm new and maybe i dont understand the implications send things international..

if people would pay much or little I dont know ... but you could let them decide, i agree with you that its a lot of money this international orders but stop buying its kinda bad  :-[ :-[

Bringe I congratulate you for all the work that you have, the work that you'll have and hope that the sale would be a success but i had to say this.  ;)

to finish i just have to say again that I have much respect for all GB creators, vendors, artisans that put us these things available. i have a lot respect for you Binge  :thumb:

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 11:45:20 »
International shipping from US is insane. I can ship at 12x6x2 package that weights 1.5lbs from one end of the USA to the other, and will costs about $9, tracked, insured and 2 Day delivery through USPS. If I want to send the exact same item to the UK it is going to cost me $23.00, no tracking, no insurance and it will take 2 weeks to be delivered (again, with USPS). If I want tracking, double that price. The cost of international shipping is insane. I don't think it is the same going the other way, though I'm sure it isn't cheap either.

EDIT: I should note the prices I quoted above are when I go direct to the post office. If you buy shipping labels on line and print them yourself it is slightly cheaper but for international you still have to do all the customs forms as well. Which, you as the seller are responsible for.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 October 2015, 11:48:25 by inanis »
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #213 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 11:47:57 »
im new in this community and who am I to say what you want it to be ... just say that being a community for the world is weird to see that selling this restricted to the US, just that. your work is amazing 100 sets is very good (I couldnt do it) ... just think a little discriminatory (not sure if it's good this word) this difference ... something like "you are from USA? ok you can have access, if you are not then you have to expect that no American wants the 100 sets ", i just think this decision was unlike anything I have seen, but I'm new and maybe i dont understand the implications send things international..

if people would pay much or little I dont know ... but you could let them decide, i agree with you that its a lot of money this international orders but stop buying its kinda bad  :-[ :-[

Bringe I congratulate you for all the work that you have, the work that you'll have and hope that the sale would be a success but i had to say this.  ;)

to finish i just have to say again that I have much respect for all GB creators, vendors, artisans that put us these things available. i have a lot respect for you Binge  :thumb:

I appreciate your kindness as well as your objective attitude toward the opportunities that are given to ALL members of the community.

It is complicated to ship internationally.  There are more variables, and the time it takes to fill out the forms is significant.  For instance if I'm switching between domestic and international formats I can make mistakes and possibly cost both myself and the buyer the entire set as it gets lost in transit.  I can't afford this kind of a loss with such an expensive set.

The two issues here are my commitment to making the shipping more affordable, and there are other vendors outside of the United States who bought Hyperfuse for that purpose.  I have the exclusive privilege to be the only vendor in the United States.  If these sets go overseas then they will likely not travel back here.  I am giving my domestic brothers and sisters a chance to get these for a time (tentative date Nov 1st) because it's the only chance they will get at retail.  International vendors may not be selling right now, but you may see them in your own country.  It's not my place to say who those people are or if they even still have sets yet.  Just please understand that as much as I want to be fair to the community, I find it also important to show favoritism to domestic buyers as I've said I would do all along because I am the ONLY person with extra sets in our country.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 11:48:11 »
Shipping overseas implies custom declarations and potential taxes for the buyer, if I understood well, the OP decided to keep the sale within ConUS for simpler shipment procedures, and less risk to get lost packages and the like, that is understandable in a sale for a set that is already at a premium price.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 12:06:56 »
Shipping overseas implies custom declarations and potential taxes for the buyer, if I understood well, the OP decided to keep the sale within ConUS for simpler shipment procedures, and less risk to get lost packages and the like, that is understandable in a sale for a set that is already at a premium price.

I'm not sure about the UK, but in Canada I would probably have to pay ~$40 in duty & taxes on top of the international shipping cost (~$26). Like Binge said, it is very important to him that people get the most for their money, and 66$+ just to get the product in the hands of the customer is high by any standard.

Offline mtzgr

• My youtube
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 12:36:53 »
Also keep in mind that Binge is just a (good) dude who put up his own money to support the GB and help out the community, and yes, turn a small profit. It just makes sense to ship as many as he can domestic first, because the added complications and greater chance of lost/detained shipments is less--and yeah, it's cheaper all around. At the end of the day the responsibility will fall (or be perceived to fall) to the shipper, and people are going to hold him responsible if their sets are lost in transit, and then he is probably going to end up eating those losses. It just makes sense to ship as many as he can domestic to try and mitigate potential problems. Binge is a better man than me because I wouldn't offer international shipping at all.

Offline malaik0

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 14:27:33 »
Binge is a better man than me because I wouldn't offer international shipping at all.

you are really nice guy  :rolleyes: ohio? oh what a lucky :/

typical answer of many Americans not only in relation to this but in relation all the situations.

I appreciate your kindness as well as your objective attitude toward the opportunities that are given to ALL members of the community.

It is complicated to ship internationally.  There are more variables, and the time it takes to fill out the forms is significant.  For instance if I'm switching between domestic and international formats I can make mistakes and possibly cost both myself and the buyer the entire set as it gets lost in transit.  I can't afford this kind of a loss with such an expensive set.

The two issues here are my commitment to making the shipping more affordable, and there are other vendors outside of the United States who bought Hyperfuse for that purpose.  I have the exclusive privilege to be the only vendor in the United States.  If these sets go overseas then they will likely not travel back here.  I am giving my domestic brothers and sisters a chance to get these for a time (tentative date Nov 1st) because it's the only chance they will get at retail.  International vendors may not be selling right now, but you may see them in your own country.  It's not my place to say who those people are or if they even still have sets yet.  Just please understand that as much as I want to be fair to the community, I find it also important to show favoritism to domestic buyers as I've said I would do all along because I am the ONLY person with extra sets in our country.

Binge i dont judge you, and im no one to judge you ... only think this is not the best way to do because if everyone did that this community probably wasnt the same.  :-[

Please people I am talking about the idea of selling only for CONUS, im not saying  if he is or not good person  :-[ because I will be forever grateful to all of GB creators, vendors and artisans like bringe that provides these things.

Best Regards

Offline mtzgr

• My youtube
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 15:02:59 »
Binge is a better man than me because I wouldn't offer international shipping at all.

typical answer of many Americans not only in relation to this but in relation all the situations.

Binge i dont judge you, and im no one to judge you ... only think this is not the best way to do because if everyone did that this community probably wasnt the same.  :-[

Please people I am talking about the idea of selling only for CONUS, im not saying  if he is or not good person  :-[ because I will be forever grateful to all of GB creators, vendors and artisans like bringe that provides these things.

Best Regards

Yes, it is only Americans who act in their own best interest; everywhere else in the world everyone is completely altruistic.

Binge has replied with justified reasons why he is shipping to CONUS only first, but you ignore them and continue to complain because it doesn't go your way. How typical.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 15:18:40 »

Best Regards

Yes, it is only Americans who act in their own best interest; everywhere else in the world everyone is completely altruistic.

Show Image

Binge has replied with justified reasons why he is shipping to CONUS only first, but you ignore them and continue to complain because it doesn't go your way. How typical.

What I'm about to say is not entirely aimed at you.

Hey, I know he took at shot at you, but the whole thing is past.  Nothing about this sale or the people involved is typical, but I'm beginning to see some behavior typical of places other than my sub.  The next person I see get defensive about conus/oconus nonsense is just going to be ignored and all posts in reply to any kind of hurt attitude will be delete.  If anyone has a grievance with my reasons for acting the way I've said I would act for the past 2 months before the sale ever started please take it up with me privately.

Offline terminallytrill

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 23:28:37 »
Super stoked I got one. Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed for the sticket raffle, heh.

Offline clochette

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 02:07:01 »
freight forwarded the package, the cost would have been similar to shipping directly from the man himself  :))

i'm outisde CONUS btw
saw the option of shipping out of CONUS, but decided to ship it to the freight forwarder anyway

Offline rolecks

« Reply #222 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 07:31:04 »
Awesome! I got one, can't wait! Thanks again, Binge! My poor wallet...

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 08:37:14 »
Wallet couldn't be that poor if you were able to buy one of these kick ass sets :p

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 09:32:09 »
I just deleted a message like I said I would.  Stop prolonging fights in my subforum.

Offline thelectronicnub

• drowning in keyboards
« Reply #225 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 10:48:05 »
binge, will you be shipping our sticker raffle order with the hyperfuse?
KUL ES-87 w/MX Greens

B/S/T Thread

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #226 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 10:53:05 »
If I can combine shipping I will 😆

Offline ice31000

• Just a block of ice on a journey of clacking.
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 11:39:28 »
Been out of the keyboard game for a while, fighting the urge to buy a set....
iceyy

Offline Kompanion

« Reply #228 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:02:15 »
I'm surprised there are so many sets still left. I bet when they get to <10 they'll be gone in a couple hours  :))

Offline thaddeus

« Reply #229 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:50:49 »
If I can combine shipping I will 😆

You are a god :D

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #230 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:30:25 »
ordered a set. It'll be my first GMK. Now I just need wait for the next Duck GB to put them and my zealios in.

Offline Jhonan

• Chicks love duck pics...
« Reply #231 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:30:54 »
Damn, I don't think these are going to last to payday lol

Offline graefeln

« Reply #232 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:04:41 »

I didn't think they would last this long, but here we are... I could have gone to bed the first night (still worth it). I am just glad they are selling so well since Binge took the chance buying 100 sets to resell. That said, I hope a set lasts until payday for you.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #233 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 17:27:28 »
I keep checking the site hoping they will be sold out. I'm having a hard time coming up with excuses not to buy them. My wife threatening to leave me isn't a good excuse is it?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #234 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 17:33:39 »
I keep checking the site hoping they will be sold out. I'm having a hard time coming up with excuses not to buy them. My wife threatening to leave me isn't a good excuse is it?

I'm afraid not. A life without Hyperfuse is not a life I want to live at all.

Offline Ryukuxyz

• VE.A!!!
« Reply #235 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 17:38:08 »
Your wife can leave you at any time but Hyperfuse won't unless you want it to.   :))

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #236 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:36:34 »
19 left!

Offline crovax3000

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 02:18:44 »

Offline rolecks

« Reply #238 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 04:41:27 »
How are you guys seeing the units left? I still see 32 on the page from when I bought mine.

Offline clochette

« Reply #239 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 06:32:17 »
How are you guys seeing the units left? I still see 32 on the page from when I bought mine.

probably need to empty/reload your cache/cookies

but why would that matter since you already bought yours?

it is at 16 now, if you really really need to know :p

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 07:43:32 »
To anyone questioning whether or not to buy this - maybe it's your first GMK set and haven't spent this much on a keyset before, it's worth it. This is an opportunity that should not be missed

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
[Vending] GMK Hyperfuse Sale 10/23
« Reply #241 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 07:49:11 »
Also the fact that there won't be a 2nd run of Hyperfuse in GMK.

Once they're gone... Good luck with the classifieds

Better buy it now :thumb:

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #242 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 08:11:30 »

Yep there is no way of knowing what the prices will be like given that is the first real custom GMK GB out there- everything until now has been produced several times and/or is readily available e.g. Dolch, Cyrillic.

Expect prices to be $200+ in a month or so

Offline clochette

« Reply #243 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 09:07:52 »

Yep there is no way of knowing what the prices will be like given that is the first real custom GMK GB out there- everything until now has been produced several times and/or is readily available e.g. Dolch, Cyrillic.

Expect prices to be $200+ in a month or so

now i'm tempted to buy 1 more set  :p

Offline lolpes

« Reply #244 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 09:11:40 »
Wow these are really going quick ;)

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #245 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 09:49:52 »
Right there with you.  I finally got a chance to check them out. Daaaag.  They nice.  Just have to hope I get paid before you...  :D

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #246 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 14:47:55 »
Before I decide whether or not to buy this, could someone explain to me the best aspects of GMK?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #247 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 14:58:26 »
Before I decide whether or not to buy this, could someone explain to me the best aspects of GMK?

The caps are shorter than the OEM ones that almost certainly came with your board, they are also thicker which changes the sound and gives a more solid feel and they have double shot legends which are smooth and will never fade, while many OEM caps have printing on which will wear off or lazered legends which can be felt.  In short they are the highest quality caps available.

I've never actually seen a GMK set but am waiting for these to arrive, if you have the money just buy a set and give it a try - if you don't like them you'll have no problem selling them on for the same price as long as you don't damage them :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #248 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:23:07 »

The caps are shorter than the OEM ones that almost certainly came with your board, they are also thicker which changes the sound and gives a more solid feel and they have double shot legends which are smooth and will never fade, while many OEM caps have printing on which will wear off or lazered legends which can be felt.  In short they are the highest quality caps available.

I've never actually seen a GMK set but am waiting for these to arrive, if you have the money just buy a set and give it a try - if you don't like them you'll have no problem selling them on for the same price as long as you don't damage them :thumb:

On the subject of damage.  I have come across less than 20 keys which have had marks that will disappear with use.  I am not the kind of person to think this is excusable, and before anyone tries to say I am intent on letting this stand the record must show that a collective effort is being formed to handle this responsibly. Between [CTRL]ALT and me we are collecting information on orders with keycaps which have issues. 

I will provide more information on how we intend to right any issues encountered with your GMK Hyperfuse sets.

If anyone encounters an issue with their set please do not take it out of the packaging before photographing the issue with the keys in the box.  To be extra clear the most responsible course of action in case of damage is to take pictures of how it arrived after opening the box.  We need to be able to prove to the manufacturer that we did everything in our power to get the sets to you in the best condition possible.  With the videos you have seen me post I hope you all trust I am doing my part to ensure the best possible experience.  When it comes to getting replacement keys I am afraid I do not know of a reservoir of extras to pull into orders, but please be assured I will do whatever I can to make any issues right.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:24:50 by Binge »

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:23:33 »

Damn, a solid explanation.  Thanks man, you might have just swayed me