Author Topic: :~$ynth  (Read 310378 times)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Re: :~$ynth
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 13:47:42 »
Got my synth! Looks great, but the stem pieces does not fit into the base. :( Is this a manufacturing defect or am I missing something critical here?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Manufacturing defect most likely.  The tolerances are very tight.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #501 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 14:04:31 »
I saw this the other day - hadn't seen it before.

Absolutely awesome cool thing Binge. If I didn't have stupid big untalented hands I would give making caps a bash.

Honestly one of the coolest things I have seen recently. hats off to you sir.
I got boards.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #502 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 14:56:34 »
My stem also doesn't fit into the base at all, even after using considerable force.The tooling marks on my synth are also quite deep and noticeable, which will transfer to my finished keys.

Very disappointed at this second unit, even though it's heavier than the first. Going to run some more tests, but I'm definitely going to seek a replacement or a refund.

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 15:02:13 »
My stem also doesn't fit into the base at all, even after using considerable force.The tooling marks on my synth are also quite deep and noticeable, which will transfer to my finished keys.

Very disappointed at this second unit, even though it's heavier than the first. Going to run some more tests, but I'm definitely going to seek a replacement or a refund.

Show Image
Show Image

Getting mine today, post any updates for others with issues as well. Hopefully it was an isolated thing

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #504 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 15:27:23 »

Show Image
Show Image

Same issues here with my new Synth. I've noticed the old stem does fit fine in the new one.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #505 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 15:49:27 »

Show Image
Show Image

Thank you for the updates guys.  It looks like they botched the stem inserts and for whatever reason not every one looks uniformly polished.  There are machine marks on the OG synth but not as noticeable due to the matt finish, but on that note they also aren't as deep as you've pointed out.  I'm working with Brad to make sure this is handled by the manufacturer.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline SoftKeys

« Reply #506 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 16:06:00 »
Just got my $ynth in the mail today too, and my stem seems to fit correctly. I guess I got lucky with mine, but at least its not a complete batch issue.

How's mine look?

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #507 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 16:21:23 »
Received my Synth today, and was crossing my fingers, but my stem unfortunately doesn't fit correctly either.  :(

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #508 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 18:01:28 »
Seem to have gotten in with the lucky bunch as mine arrived today and the stem fits fine. 
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
« Reply #509 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 18:20:54 »
Seem to have gotten in with the lucky bunch as mine arrived today and the stem fits fine.

I'll trade you :^)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #510 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 19:04:41 »

5 minutes worth of sanding and we're back in action :D

Offline Jpecina

« Reply #511 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 19:30:11 »
Damn just ordered mine today and now I'm worried.  Why would the second one be any different than the first?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #512 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 20:04:28 »
Damn just ordered mine today and now I'm worried.  Why would the second one be any different than the first?
To improve the product. First round was the first time anyone really used it (apart from the creators), and they received tones of feedback.

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #513 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 20:26:57 »
Got mine today, too. (Clearly a coordinated attack.) Here's the problem:

146137-0

A light shot with a fine file and all is well. (If you're following along, *extremely* light! Seriously. I don't know by how much others' are off, but if you're not used to operating at these dimensions, a hundredth of a millimeter is a minuscule amount of metal. That measurement is probably too high because I didn't clean the surfaces.)

Honestly, doing this again, I would have used sand paper. Assuming I had fine grit on hand, which I don't. The fit isn't loose; I think somehow it came out just right. But I think sand paper is probably the best bet. If you don't have calipers to get an idea of how much you're removing, err on the side of not seeming to do anything and check the fit frequently.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #514 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 21:30:18 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 August 2016, 21:55:57 by Meiosis »
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 21:52:53 »

Show Image
Show Image

Thank you for the updates guys.  It looks like they botched the stem inserts and for whatever reason not every one looks uniformly polished.  There are machine marks on the OG synth but not as noticeable due to the matt finish, but on that note they also aren't as deep as you've pointed out.  I'm working with Brad to make sure this is handled by the manufacturer.

An excellent response from a highly responsible and respected artisan :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jjnist

« Reply #516 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 22:39:32 »
Got mine and unfortunately it has the same issue....I could file it down but would rather not ;D

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #517 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 23:02:29 »
Same issue here as well. I might try and file it down as well but would rather wait and see whats going on.

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
« Reply #518 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 23:09:40 »
Same issue here as well. I might try and file it down as well but would rather wait and see whats going on.

I just got a response email from them. They're sending a replacement stem that should fit which is awesome. I'm just a bit worried about the unpolished look that might show up on the caps.

Offline jjnist

« Reply #519 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 23:28:47 »
If anybody with a working stem is able to create a cast in the near future please post results so we can see if any surface irregularities find their ways onto the cast.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #520 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 01:22:34 »
If anybody with a working stem is able to create a cast in the near future please post results so we can see if any surface irregularities find their ways onto the cast.

Hard for me to get a detailed picture here at night but there is definitely a wavy texture that is on the walls of the cast. I'll post detailed photos tomorrow with the DSLR so I can capture better detail. Very noticeable on clear casts, not as noticeable on colored ones. Honestly, it's not terrible. You could probably polish the platform somehow and get rid of the swirling. I think the thing that I miss the most is the coating on the first version. I'm having a lot of issues with my resin sticking to the surface of the new synth, even with liberal mold release. I had been kind of spoiled with the first version, as it was great with cleanup.

I do really like the heavier weight, which keeps my mold from falling over in the pressure pot if I don't stabilize it.

I was also informed that I would be sent a new stem, which is good news. I asked if it was possible to get a smoother platform, and my request was respectfully declined. Understandable, given the current situation. They've done a great job at handling the fallout of the stem issue and presenting a solution to the problem in a very quick and professional manner.

Offline Str1pez

« Reply #521 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 03:11:29 »
Appears I also got a unit with a bad stem.  Sent them an email.

Offline jjnist

« Reply #522 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 03:54:24 »

Hard for me to get a detailed picture here at night but there is definitely a wavy texture that is on the walls of the cast. I'll post detailed photos tomorrow with the DSLR so I can capture better detail. Very noticeable on clear casts, not as noticeable on colored ones. Honestly, it's not terrible. You could probably polish the platform somehow and get rid of the swirling. I think the thing that I miss the most is the coating on the first version.
Yah after taking a second look, I can definitely see the texture left behind by the tool paths along the sides. Perhaps I can use a fine sand paper to smooth it out. Too bad about the sticking though...

Offline gaiden

« Reply #523 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 08:25:40 »
machine marks textures & stem not going all the way in confirmed..

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #524 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 08:29:48 »
Ah that bums me out about the platform. Maybe it'll be sorted out in v3

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #525 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 10:54:56 »
Update on the Topre/Synth situation:

It appears that v2 of the Synth will also not permit the Topre housing. I had hoped that maybe my first unit was slightly off, and this one would allow it in.

The maker's mark appears to also be in the way for Topre, which could easily be remedied on my side by filling in the cavity. However, I would prefer to see the maker's mark space rethought in future versions, or left out completely. This is just personal preference.

I also have had serious issues with resin sticking to the platform, like Binge in a previous post. Even with a liberal coat of Vaseline and mold release, it proves to be difficult to get the key off the base at times. I would suggest using a q-tip and coating the sprue holes especially well, and be sure to get the key off the platform while it's still a bit soft and has some flexibility to it.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #526 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 13:52:34 »
One thing that doesn't make sens to me is the finish. The OP states "Teflon coating to ease in mold release", so is there a clear telfon coating on the current batch or not? From the side by sides the current version just look totally unfinished.

Not really looking forward to getting mine knowing that it's going to be harder to use and produce lower quality caps IF the stem fits  :confused: 

I think TechKeys skipped a beat here. At the least they should update their product page to show the latest version not the OG version.

HWS and Binge, all this is aimed at the manufactures and sellers. Hats off to you and how your helping everyone out here by designing these tools!

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #527 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 14:10:29 »
One thing that doesn't make sens to me is the finish. The OP states "Teflon coating to ease in mold release", so is there a clear telfon coating on the current batch or not? From the side by sides the current version just look totally unfinished.

Not really looking forward to getting mine knowing that it's going to be harder to use and produce lower quality caps IF the stem fits  :confused: 

I think TechKeys skipped a beat here. At the least they should update their product page to show the latest version not the OG version.

HWS and Binge, all this is aimed at the manufactures and sellers. Hats off to you and how your helping everyone out here by designing these tools!

The current revision is not the same version described in OP.  Please refer to techkeys sale page for the most recent specs.

This is supposed to be raw metal electropolished to smooth out imperfections and aid in release.

I agree the manufacturer really missed their mark here, but you must understand that for the first synth we ran into multiple manufacturing issues and I had to have them sent back to be refinished.

The prototype I received of the new batch is fine and dandy.. of course what I received and signed off on as a suitable product is not what people are receiving.  Which of course isn't a reflection of my involvement, but I must point out this is a sub $100 machined precision mold.  It's not cheap to have these made and many places will not even take our orders or make them too expensive to get machine time.

I care for my partners in making this possible, and while I appreciate criticism I abhore the idea that there are so many negative comments made without first asking questions and getting public statements from myself or by Techkeys.  The scope of work done to make the synth possible would not be attainable alone.  The seller and manufacturers, while accountable, are also part of the reason any of us can afford to own it.  Let's do our best to talk about improvements and the possibility of manufacturer remakes and support Techkeys in their efforts to make the manufacturer present us with the right product.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #528 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 14:25:09 »

The current revision is not the same version described in OP.  Please refer to techkeys sale page for the most recent specs.

This is supposed to be raw metal electropolished to smooth out imperfections and aid in release.

I agree the manufacturer really missed their mark here, but you must understand that for the first synth we ran into multiple manufacturing issues and I had to have them sent back to be refinished.

The prototype I received of the new batch is fine and dandy.. of course what I received and signed off on as a suitable product is not what people are receiving.  Which of course isn't a reflection of my involvement, but I must point out this is a sub $100 machined precision mold.  It's not cheap to have these made and many places will not even take our orders or make them too expensive to get machine time.

I care for my partners in making this possible, and while I appreciate criticism I abhore the idea that there are so many negative comments made without first asking questions and getting public statements from myself or by Techkeys.  The scope of work done to make the synth possible would not be attainable alone.  The seller and manufacturers, while accountable, are also part of the reason any of us can afford to own it.  Let's do our best to talk about improvements and the possibility of manufacturer remakes and support Techkeys in their efforts to make the manufacturer present us with the right product.

Right, but you're telling my to use TechKeys for my info source and TechKey points to the GH thread OP to read more about it  :-\ The email from tech keys said 'It's back - now in electropolished stainless steel' which implies it's a new version, but the product page doesn't really do anything to state that.

My above post was expressing my feelings to the forum. I don't think you can blame me for not personally contacting you or techkeys about the product first. Why would I think you have vital information about the product that you're choosing to not put on the product page and/or GH thread?

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #529 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 18:37:01 »
Personally I haven't tried how well the mold come off the Synth yet but overall I do appreciate all the hard work going into this project. I can't wait to get started and hopefully the replacement stems get made soon so I can start. I'm happy with the synth overall and will be looking forward to see if I hit some of the snags mentioned in this thread. That said if you guys make a specific topre Synth let me know I'd love to try it out.

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #530 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 20:27:21 »
I care for my partners in making this possible, and while I appreciate criticism I abhore the idea that there are so many negative comments made without first asking questions and getting public statements from myself or by Techkeys.

This is a difficult line to walk, and I greatly appreciate the effort you're putting in to resolving a crappy situation and generally Do The Right Thing, with apologies to anyone who remembers that movie. My day job, despite being technical, is basically all about this, and I know how stressful it can be.

People are always going to grumble, especially in a country that considers consumer privilege only slightly less important than freedom of speech and suppressing body odor. And taking a new thing from idea to mailers is *hard*, and mistakes hurt more and are harder to deal with the first dozen times. I think you're kicking ass. You've got my appreciation and empathy.

For folks who are annoyed, well, I am too. But do try to keep in mind that short run custom machining is to typical consumer product fabrication as that special food Mom used to make on your birthday is to Dairy Queen[1]. Except that machinist probably hasn't tried the recipe before and almost certainly is not your mom[2]. If you ever get more involved in small batch products, you'll see that this kind of thing happens *all the time*. It is part (but only part) of what makes bringing a product to market so difficult and risky.

[1] With apologies to orphans and those who are fortunate enough not to know what Dairy Queen is.

[2] If your mom is the machinist, can you ask her what happened to this run? We're all very curious.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #531 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 03:07:45 »
In an effort to do as requested and ask about seeking a solution does anyone actualy know what's technicaly wrong with the delivered version - did they forget to electropolish some/all of them or is it just the swirling causing unwanted friction?  How sticky is raw steel if we attempt to sand/polish them ourselves and how close to the profile of a switch is the top of the synth - is there enough material there to do so?  Probably depends how deep the swirls are...  If they just aren't polished I guess we will have to send them back?

A quick rub with fine sandpaper on the stem is a good solution - it's quick, easy and cheap.  But how do you tell which side(s) need doing, or is the difference so tiny it doesn't matter?

I'm sure someone at Techkeys successfully test fitted some but as usual with spot checking it's basically pointless unless you get 'lucky' and find a bad one.  I'm sure it was an unusually busy day so thanks for getting them out quickly :thumb:

Unlike Jal I don't deal with disatisfied customers because my temperament wouldn't allow it, but I do share his sentiments about your attitude Binge - I'm sure your order is so small as to be throwaway for most machining shops so they are doing us a favor.  At the same time if you paid for 0.001mm accuracy a 0.008mm difference is unacceptable - it's such an inconceivably small difference though!  Is it the same shop who had to refinish the first version?  I guess you (Binge) have one in the mail to inspect so we should wait for a couple of days for an update?

Hopefully we'll see more happy customers today...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #532 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 09:13:40 »

Right, but you're telling my to use TechKeys for my info source and TechKey points to the GH thread OP to read more about it  :-\ The email from tech keys said 'It's back - now in electropolished stainless steel' which implies it's a new version, but the product page doesn't really do anything to state that.

My above post was expressing my feelings to the forum. I don't think you can blame me for not personally contacting you or techkeys about the product first. Why would I think you have vital information about the product that you're choosing to not put on the product page and/or GH thread?

I'm not singling anyone out and I just want to quote stuff that I believe is pertinent to the following statement. 

The only issue here is the one we need to work out between designer, vendor, and manufacturer.  Please understand that I am trying to keep these sections up to date as best I can when I can find the time.  The last time I edited my OP was well before the most recent version of the synth was slated to go on sale.

For a moment just please accept the following and that I'm making these statements for everyone's benefit and not just to address you,

1) The newest version of the synth was to have an electroplated treatment for longevity and better ease of release.
2) If you have ANY questions please determine if you want to make those questions privately or publicly. 
-If it is a question about the synth please make it here or contact me via PM. 
-If you purchased a synth and have questions about your item it's return or repair please contact info@techkeys.us
3) Please be aware that I have little control over what is posted on the vendor's site, but I am working with him when I can spare the time as much as possible.

I've gotten a pretty continuous stream of confused individuals PMing me citing information that others are posting.  The people cited aren't asking questions, they are making statements and in turn overwhelming the amount of impact our responses have.  Again I'm really not afraid of criticism, but at this point we have limited resources and time in which to respond quickly enough to everyone affected.  Those people are looking for answers and are forming conclusions from what other customers/users are posting.  This isn't efficient and shows the weakness of my partnership with the vendor and manufacturer.

In admitting this I hope that everyone understands that if you work with me I will make sure I do everything in my power to provide you all with information you need.  I do need a bit of cooperation and understanding.  There isn't a reason for anyone to feel this is a personal address.  I just want to benefit as many of you as possible with our knowledge without succumbing to a great deal of excessive damage control.  I want to clarify everything for you, but at this point I need to know what needs clarification.

Thank you for your patience.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 August 2016, 09:17:34 by Binge »

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 11:40:36 »
Out of curiosity did anyone get a timeframe of how long it takes to make new stems? I'm guessing a week or 2?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #534 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 11:42:15 »
Out of curiosity did anyone get a timeframe of how long it takes to make new stems? I'm guessing a week or 2?

Mine will be here by Friday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #535 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 12:09:07 »

Wow hopefully everyone gets theirs that fast, I have a small feeling thats why on Techkeys page it says new Synths wont ship until Sept 12? Because they shipped out the working stems from the remaining stock?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #536 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 12:22:00 »
I don't even have mine yet :-[ Tracking hasn't updated since the 20th damn it.

Offline Marshal

• Formerly dranzer889
  • Kō Caps
« Reply #537 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 12:46:37 »

Wow hopefully everyone gets theirs that fast, I have a small feeling thats why on Techkeys page it says new Synths wont ship until Sept 12? Because they shipped out the working stems from the remaining stock?

Was talking to a rep and he mentioned that they were taking stems that works properly and used those to replace the defective ones. Quick and easy solution in my opinion and handled swiftly which I appreciated a lot. Hopefully they can handle everything but from my experience, they know what they're doing and are doing their best and I really appreciated how much they communicated

Offline Cofain

« Reply #538 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 13:12:55 »

Same here. Shipping date was 18.08.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #539 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 16:33:08 »

Mine arrived today, complete with friendly customs declaration so yours shouldn't be long.  Thanks Techkeys people :thumb:

Show Image

How far out is it supposed to stick?  After about an hour I think mine's in about as far as yours in this pic with the top of the cross sitting slightly below the top of the Synth which seems to make sense, but there's a ridge on the stem which would need about 2mm more pushed in to bottom out.  I still have some sandpaper though the steel blunts it it in no time :eek:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Jpecina

« Reply #540 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 20:01:40 »

I ordered mine when it said that and they shipped it the next day. Hope mine turns out ok.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #541 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 20:10:27 »

Mine arrived today, complete with friendly customs declaration so yours shouldn't be long.  Thanks Techkeys people :thumb:
Oh the tension... Just want to know if I bought something that works :)) :))

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #542 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 02:06:33 »

Oh the tension... Just want to know if I bought something that works :)) :))

Well the stem issue doesn't seem like a big one - the bit you need to file/sand doesn't touch the cap so it doesn't need to be perfect.  Unless the x is also too big?  Hadn't thought of that, maybe I need a replacement anyway :(
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 09:57:03 »

Show Image

How far out is it supposed to stick?  After about an hour I think mine's in about as far as yours in this pic with the top of the cross sitting slightly below the top of the Synth which seems to make sense, but there's a ridge on the stem which would need about 2mm more pushed in to bottom out.  I still have some sandpaper though the steel blunts it it in no time :eek:

see vidya,

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJbPZ8djFso/

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #544 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 18:17:24 »
Got mine today. The insert doesn't fit in. Support request sent to info@techkeys.us as per Binges instruction  :thumb:

Proof potatoes:
More

Offline jjnist

« Reply #545 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 18:22:15 »
First half of a silicon mold is setting right now and the other half will be late tonight....I'll let you guys know how it goes after filing down the stem insert.

edit1: silicon mold was clean, resin setting now for first cap. I'll find out tomorrow how that goes. I am using a demolding spray though so hopefully that helps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 August 2016, 01:10:22 by jjnist »

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #546 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 12:33:09 »

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #547 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 11:49:17 »

Did you get the new stem in?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #548 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 11:52:14 »

Yep, fits identical to my old sanded stem.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #549 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 11:58:25 »

Yep, fits identical to my old sanded stem.

Great!

Hopefully you can add "and I can fit a cap on the new one"?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod