Author Topic: Weirdest input devices that you’ve seen?  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Weirdest input devices that you’ve seen?
« on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 17:58:15 »
It could be anything that plugs into the computer and works with a computer. Doesn’t have to necessarily be a mouse and keyboard.

Offline Findecanor

Re: Weirdest input devices that you’ve seen?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 19:26:23 »
I came across a mention of this today: Cthulhu Shield for Arduino on Kickstarter.

It is like a low-resolution tongue-operated track-pad, useful mostly for gestures maybe. But the big thing is that it has feedback: electrodes can emit electrical pulses that would be sensed as touches by nerves in the tongue.
It could be very useful for people with paralysis in other parts of the body, but the designers have many other unusual uses in mind ...
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2019, 19:49:33 by Findecanor »

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
Re: Weirdest input devices that you’ve seen?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 07:40:45 »
I came across a mention of this today: Cthulhu Shield for Arduino on Kickstarter.

It is like a low-resolution tongue-operated track-pad, useful mostly for gestures maybe. But the big thing is that it has feedback: electrodes can emit electrical pulses that would be sensed as touches by nerves in the tongue.
It could be very useful for people with paralysis in other parts of the body, but the designers have many other unusual uses in mind ...

Interesting....It tailors to people who may not have the means to communicate with the computer in the native way, but I almost had a seizure watching the video