Author Topic: IBM NIB Model F Set - F77, PC AT, PC XT  (Read 4785 times)

Offline Ellipse

• Brand New Model F Keyboards
IBM NIB Model F Set - F77, PC AT, PC XT
« on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 22:31:09 »
IBM NIB Model F Set - F77, PC AT, PC XT

Also some great shots of the nice mid-80s Model F single piece key texture before being worn down by usage, as well as photos of underneath the NIB PC AT keys, undisturbed by rust and debris.

The F77 from 1986 has no box, just the foam - so maybe it should be NIF instead of NIB.

The PC AT appears to have had a mailing label removed from it - I guess these were originally shipped without double boxing.

Nothing's for sale from these photos (though now I have an extra F77 if anyone's interested).

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
Re: IBM NIB Model F Set - F77, PC AT, PC XT
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 22:34:37 »
 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 22:36:10 »
Very nice.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 22:36:17 »
Fantastic stuff Ellipse.

Let me know if you'd except a kidney for payment for that F77. It's absolutely beautiful.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 22:37:01 »
:O  Very nice!   :thumb:

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 22:37:22 »
Model F #1! ;D
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 22:37:44 »
ayy lmao
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 23:02:04 »
So I can minimize the PM's - I will create an F77/F104 Space Unsaver/PC AT sale thread in the correct subforum in a couple days where we can discuss it more (we can also discuss over PM).

You won't like the price for my other F77 - it's priced like anything where only two in the forums currently have one and everyone's asking me for it - just me and Parak on DT have one.  Asking Mod edit:Please do not advertise your items sale outside of the classifieds.  Keep in mind you can get approximately the same form factor and quality materials and workmanship for much less with a PC AT keyboard.  Probably all but one or two people want an F77 enough (and can afford!) to pay what it might go for at auction, just like any other rare antique. 

I know it's a lot of money but this one's for those who want a really unique keyboard in the collector community and it's not above what similarly rare and in high demand keyboards have topped out at recently on eBay (see a recent NIB Industrial SSK auction from last year that went for $1,999).  DSLR photo buffs often spend this amount for one high-end lens for their hobby, so it is not out of the question to spend on something you'll use every week like a PC or high-end camera.  Delay your MBP upgrade cycle by 2 years :)

My other F77 photos here:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67080.0
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 January 2015, 10:12:30 by exitfire401 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 23:08:19 »
Is there any keyboard layout that IBM did NOT make in BS form back in the day?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 23:09:48 »
Is there any keyboard layout that IBM did NOT make in BS form back in the day?

Matrix layout big enough to actually type on?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 00:22:52 »
Ellipse

May I humbly suggest that you get yourself a vendor account? I'm sure the mods will be happy to help you set yours up.

I've seen your other posts. It is obvious to me that your purpose for coming to geekhack is to make money off us. Now that's fine. It's a free market. Just don't use the guise of another thread to post a classifieds.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 02:57:11 »
Ellipse

May I humbly suggest that you get yourself a vendor account? I'm sure the mods will be happy to help you set yours up.

I've seen your other posts. It is obvious to me that your purpose for coming to geekhack is to make money off us. Now that's fine. It's a free market. Just don't use the guise of another thread to post a classifieds.

this.

good to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 19:15:42 »
Some more photos of these 3 keyboards, missing from my original post:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 20:00:09 »
Dang man, these are some awesome finds
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"