Author Topic: The Bike Thread!  (Read 217632 times)

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
Re: The Bike Thread!
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 16:04:50 »
It came in last Friday. I've gone on three trails since.
When I'm not on it I'm thinking about it.
I need to get a new seat, the one that came with is brutal and this one is from my Gary Fisher and it's pretty worn.
I'm also rocking cheap flats, will go back to clipless soon.

It's going to take a year for my savings to recover  :-[

Frame Material   Carbon C
Fork   Rockshox Pike RC 130mm Solo Air w/15mm through axle and tapered steerer
Shock   Fox Float CSN7   
Rear Dérailleur   SRAM GX 1x11   
Shifters   SRAM GX   
Crankset   Raceface Aeffect SL 32t   
Bottom Bracket   Included w/ crankset   
Cassette   SRAM XG1150 10-42   
Chain   SRAM PC1130   
Brakes   Shimano SLX M675   
Brake Rotors   Shimano RT66; 180mm   
Headset   Cane Creek 40 series tapered, cartridge bearing   
Bars   Race Face Ride 760mm, 35mm clamp   
Stem   Race Face Ride, 35mm clamp   
Grips   Santa Cruz Palmdale Lock-on
Front Hub   Sram MTH 716 15x100   
Rear Hub   Sram MTH 746 142x12   
Rims   Easton AR 24   
Spokes   DT Swiss Champion   
Front Tire   Maxxis Minion DHR2, TR, 3c, 27.5x2.3   
Rear Tire   Maxxis Ardent, 27.5x2.25   
Tubes   Stans Sealant   
Seat Post   Rockshox Reverb Stealth, 125mm travel (100mm travel on size small)   
Saddle   WTB Volt Race   

« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2015, 16:09:34 by Psybin »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 16:10:44 »
Nothing like the look of fresh carbon!  :eek: Congrats though Psybin.. Looks amazing! Are you liking the ride?

Clipless is great.  ;)

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 16:12:52 »
When I rode regularly I was on clipless, but I'm getting used to the bike and new trails.
Rides fantastic. Love it.
I need to get a hitch for my car, which they don’t make and I have to find a place that'll do one custom. In the mean time I have to steal the wife's car every time I want to go out.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 16:24:37 »
Nice man! I have this week off, so I have been able to get out on the mountain bike each day. Feels good!  ;D

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 17:56:07 »
Nice man! I have this week off, so I have been able to get out on the mountain bike each day. Feels good!  ;D

Awesome :D that is the best feeling ever

I was testing out the new camera and took a closer shot of the reflective logo on the bike. It is super cool :O

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 31 August 2015, 15:21:57 »
I went riding Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, same route on this map. I'm not sure exactly how many miles it is, the Single-track reviews claim approximately ten miles. The first time I went it took three hours, I have it down to just under an hour and a half now, I've done the trail five or six times. I can go without pulling out my phone and getting my location now hah. There are two inclines I puss out on and have to get off the bike for a little bit, they are just too steep and I lose traction, but the rest of it I'm in the saddle.

I'm still new to the trail but I'm getting it really dialed in where I can start anticipating a lot of things before I'm on them, really enjoying the Santa Cruz and being out in the woods.

I'm 35 and after years of running and lifting my knees get pretty sore, they don't swell though so as the doctor said its nothing to be worried about. Saturday night I iced them up knowing I was going again Sunday and it made a huge difference, so much so I ordered a Shock Doctor ice wrap/kit for my knees. Good tip for those who ride a lot.

I also found a hitch for my car. No one makes one commercially, and a guy on the EvoX boards was selling one he had made custom for a 1/3 of the price he paid. So no more borrowing the wife's car to go riding woot woot. Putting it on next Thursday, the receiver will come out behind the license plate which will be on a hinged bracket, super stealth  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2015, 15:27:16 by Psybin »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 01:22:34 »
Nice Psybin, looks great! Glad to hear you are enjoying the ride. I often find that fall is the best time of the year for riding, at least around here!

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #207 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 14:00:19 »
Did an easy 50 miles today, first ride of my training for a huge bike ride next June. I'll be doing 230 miles in one day, Burlington VT to Quebec City in Canada.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 16:31:03 »
Did an easy 50 miles today, first ride of my training for a huge bike ride next June. I'll be doing 230 miles in one day, Burlington VT to Quebec City in Canada.

Nice! That sounds like a cool bike trip. How is the training coming along?

Bought a new bike today:
http://pinnacle-bikes.co.uk/road-and-cyclocross/pinnacle-arkose-three-2015-cyclocross-bike

Looks good! :) How do you like it so far?

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 03:54:33 »

Nice! That sounds like a cool bike trip. How is the training coming along?

Bought a new bike today:
http://pinnacle-bikes.co.uk/road-and-cyclocross/pinnacle-arkose-three-2015-cyclocross-bike

Looks good! :) How do you like it so far?

Currently in the mail so idk :D

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 21:01:48 »
Am I supposed to put on "winter tyres" on my hybrid?

I currently use:
Conti Sport Contact II, 700x28c

Would those be suicide to ride in the winter, even when the grounds aren't icy, but cold?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #212 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 21:10:54 »

I currently use:

Would those be suicide to ride in the winter, even when the grounds aren't icy, but cold?

The short answer is that nah, those should be fine! :)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #213 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 21:13:13 »

I currently use:

Thank you Mr. byker :)

Also quick question, where can I get one of those smaller bike-tire-values for air compressor? I actually haven't aired my tires since summer, haha.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #214 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 22:12:48 »

I currently use:

Thank you Mr. byker :)

Also quick question, where can I get one of those smaller bike-tire-values for air compressor? I actually haven't aired my tires since summer, haha.

Most bike shops should stock the valve adaptors!

Offline iri

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 08:38:40 »

I currently use:

Dry winters? What kind of Canada are you living in?!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 13:53:44 »

I currently use:

Dry winters? What kind of Canada are you living in?!

The best part. Vancouver!  ;D

Offline sgtpopwell

• "A great big bushy beard!"
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 16:45:08 »
Just found this thread on accident, yay bikes! I've been an on-again, off-again bike mechanic over the past 5 years. I probably have 4 or 5 ready to ride hanging in the garage but my main bike is this ~2006 Kona Jake that I set up more for city commuting then for actual cyclocross. I originally acquired the bike because a young woman brought it into a shop I worked at a number of years ago and just wanted to get rid of it for cheap. It belonged to her ex and it had been left outside with TWO taco'd wheels for the last couple of years before that. It was pretty nasty, I think I gave her about $60 for it. Then proceeded to totally rip it apart and clean everything, replacing all the wear items like the cables, brake pads, saddle, bar tape, etc., and put a used set of wheels on it. It sat in the back of the shop for a month before I actually took it for a ride one day and realized how nice it was to ride, so I bought it from the shop.

Over the last couple years, I added all the racks, fenders, and panniers, and upgraded some of the small components and installed a nicer set of wheels (Shimano hubs/Mavic rims). More recently I was getting pretty tired of the stock road bars, so I re-engineered the controls in order to utilize these sweet extra-wide Profile bullhorns I had lying around. The next thing I want to do to it is re-lace the front wheel with a dyno-hub and then wire up a set of permanent headlights that are already mounted on the bike.

3x9 spd Shimano
knockoff Thompson-style seatpost
Paul brake levers
Panaracer Pasela PT tires (700x28)
TRP mini-V rear brakes
Brooks Cambium saddle

My daily commuter!  :thumb:

F77, Filco TKL, IBM Industrial, TKC1800, CST Laser-trac

Patiently waiting for the Model F77

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 18:25:33 »
Just found this thread on accident, yay bikes! I've been an on-again, off-again bike mechanic over the past 5 years. I probably have 4 or 5 ready to ride hanging in the garage but my main bike is this ~2006 Kona Jake that I set up more for city commuting then for actual cyclocross. I originally acquired the bike because a young woman brought it into a shop I worked at a number of years ago and just wanted to get rid of it for cheap. It belonged to her ex and it had been left outside with TWO taco'd wheels for the last couple of years before that. It was pretty nasty, I think I gave her about $60 for it. Then proceeded to totally rip it apart and clean everything, replacing all the wear items like the cables, brake pads, saddle, bar tape, etc., and put a used set of wheels on it. It sat in the back of the shop for a month before I actually took it for a ride one day and realized how nice it was to ride, so I bought it from the shop.

Over the last couple years, I added all the racks, fenders, and panniers, and upgraded some of the small components and installed a nicer set of wheels (Shimano hubs/Mavic rims). More recently I was getting pretty tired of the stock road bars, so I re-engineered the controls in order to utilize these sweet extra-wide Profile bullhorns I had lying around. The next thing I want to do to it is re-lace the front wheel with a dyno-hub and then wire up a set of permanent headlights that are already mounted on the bike.

3x9 spd Shimano
Paul brake levers
TRP mini-V rear brakes
Brooks Cambium saddle

Welcome!  Looks like you've got a nice commuter bike there.  :)

Also, unless my eyes deceive me, it looks like you may be able to make some contributions to the Post Your Vinyl Records thread.  ;)

Offline sgtpopwell

« Reply #219 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 19:21:05 »

Welcome!  Looks like you've got a nice commuter bike there.  :)

Also, unless my eyes deceive me, it looks like you may be able to make some contributions to the Post Your Vinyl Records thread.  ;)

Thank you!

And...holy crap. Yeah, good eye. I only own about a thousand records so yeah I'd say I could start following that thread.

Offline iri

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 05:00:55 »

3x9 spd Shimano
Paul brake levers
TRP mini-V rear brakes
Brooks Cambium saddle

I've seen this bike at work

I actually live in Albuquerque

It's not just the TV

IT'S NOT TV

GET ME OUTTA HERE
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sgtpopwell

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 10:41:01 »

It's not just the TV

IT'S NOT TV

GET ME OUTTA HERE

I'm confused, where have you seen this bike? I'm curious?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 11:08:58 »

I currently use:

+1 on that. I've driven Schwalbe Marathon Supreme semi-slicks on snow and ice and unless the weather gets very bad or the snow very fluffy those Conti's should be fine. :thumb:
You'll know when it is time to swap them for something else.

I hope to be making a good contribution to this thread next year but for now I'm just reading a ton of info and trying to narrow down my wishes.
Already have a few bikes that I have my eye on but it won't be until later that I know how far I can extend my budget.  ;D
My next big bike purchase will be a new B+M dynamo headlight and a new frame for my Brooks B17 Imperial.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline iri

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:12:57 »

It's not just the TV

IT'S NOT TV

GET ME OUTTA HERE

I'm confused, where have you seen this bike? I'm curious?
At work, I told you. It's not your bike obviously, but it looks very alike :)

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:25:34 »
I was going to build my own fixie bike over the summer, but I procrastinated and ended up not having the funds to build a bike with the parts I wanted. I just need a bike to get from point A to point B though, so yesterday I picked up a crappy ol bike from ****s sporting goods. Eh, it gets the job done but I'm thinking of buying a better bike once this one gives up. I ride about three miles to the gym and two miles to school in the morning.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #225 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 07:12:40 »
Can someone reccomend me a bike under 500$?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #226 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 12:35:16 »
I was going to build my own fixie bike over the summer, but I procrastinated and ended up not having the funds to build a bike with the parts I wanted. I just need a bike to get from point A to point B though, so yesterday I picked up a crappy ol bike from ****s sporting goods. Eh, it gets the job done but I'm thinking of buying a better bike once this one gives up. I ride about three miles to the gym and two miles to school in the morning.

Ah well, I guess you bought some keyboards instead! :P

What kind of riding will you be doing? I don't really know much about bikes under $500 unfortunately. What brands are sold near your house?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 17:38:15 »
Thinking of selling mine to fund a motorcycle OuO
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #228 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 18:17:45 »

Motorcycles are fun.. I want one eventually!

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #229 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 19:40:57 »

Motorcycles are fun.. I want one eventually!

I've been riding an electric bike around the shop area during lunch dinner etc..

Pretty fun..

I've noticed most people aren't leaning their body in the opposite direction when turning..

I guess it doesn't matter since they're not making any tight turns..

ALTHOUGH,  i feel like if you don't get into the habit of doing so,  you're not gonna suddenly be able to do it when it'll MATTER,   

So, I always lean opposite, even if I don't need to.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #230 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 19:48:53 »

What kind of riding will you be doing? I don't really know much about bikes under $500 unfortunately. What brands are sold near your house?
[/quote]
I dont know man I think a bike that can handle a gravel road and city road

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 11:50:01 »
New headlight :D

It's an B+M Lumotec IQ Cyo Premium senso plus with a separate front reflector to not piss of the Germans.
It had a low-end halogen light when they replaced the front fork but this one throws out a really nice wide beam and has some extras like daytime running lights. Besides, you can't beat German webshops with these things.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Homenubbie

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 11:54:18 »
Thanks for the response. I'll start looking. I've never really done much bike maintenance but I can't image its much harder than vehicle maintenance, which I kind of enjoy. I just need a compact stand and some bike specific tools, plus whatever I can learn from youtube.

Yea my 29er is too tall for me but I'm fine with it. She may not be, we are going to stop at a shop this weekend that was recommended.

I hate to put a hitch on that car but you are the second person with a ton of bike experience who's recommended it over the roof rack route.

Thanks again. When we narrow down a model I'll shoot you a pm if you don't mind.

Parktool has a lot of good videos on it. They are a super awesome bike maintenance resource. Their tools are really good too, but I usually couldn't afford them. It depends on how much work you want to do if you should get good tools or great ones.

Bike maint is a lot "smaller": you will learn to love your 5mm hex wrench, and torque things down to terms of inch-lbs. There's a lot of really tiny adjustments you can make. Setting the brake range is pretty easy, but dialing in indexed shifters can be a pain (one reason I went with friction shifters). Setting derailleur limits is straightforward. Most of the rest you won't need to know unless you intentionally want to build up a frame.

But there's lots of small stuff to tweak and tinker with.

Park Tools is the best.  Their bike stand is magnificent.

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 23:28:10 »
Figured I'd toss my Felt TK3 on here.  Since then, I've gotten a carbon/alloy stem and Zipp Vukasprints.

More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 00:00:29 »
Figured I'd toss my Felt TK3 on here.  Since then, I've gotten a carbon/alloy stem and Zipp Vukasprints.

Show Image

Looking good dude! How do you like it? :)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 11:53:35 »
Damn nice bikes guys! I'm just getting back into cycling after 18 years. Rebuilding a 1998 Mongoose to be my commuter. Heres how it started, swapped out tires for some 'big apple's:

once my butt gets used to riding again and I lose some weight i'll start rebuilding this guy, a 1998 Cannondale:

-Dana

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #236 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 20:20:30 »
124756-0
Shes not much but something

Offline Connly33

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 20:33:39 »
I've been getting into biking the past year or so, mainly for commuting i got a Trek DS, but i'm looking around to get a used road bike at some point. I had an older cannondale that i had to get rid of when i moved.
 124760-0

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #238 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:39:22 »
(Attachment Link)

Interesting bike - I haven't seen that brand before

I've been getting into biking the past year or so, mainly for commuting i got a Trek DS, but i'm looking around to get a used road bike at some point. I had an older cannondale that i had to get rid of when i moved.
  (Attachment Link)

Nice! I used to work at a bike shop that sold Trek, so I am quite familiar with the DS design. I do agree that a roadbike is much nicer for longer road rides though :)

Offline Connly33

« Reply #239 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 01:12:49 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Nice! I used to work at a bike shop that sold Trek, so I am quite familiar with the DS design. I do agree that a roadbike is much nicer for longer road rides though :)

I like it for all season commuting around where i'm at, average i do about 30 ish miles a week, so nothing too extreme. But next term it will be up to 60 to 80 miles a week, so i deffinitly want a couple different options depending on the weather, i try to bike whenever i can.

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 03:38:55 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I like it for all season commuting around where i'm at, average i do about 30 ish miles a week, so nothing too extreme. But next term it will be up to 60 to 80 miles a week, so i deffinitly want a couple different options depending on the weather, i try to bike whenever i can.
been looking to get a another road bike for longer rides but considering how **** the economy in canada is right now it dont think it will be worth it to build one till the way I want it.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 19:07:31 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

been looking to get a another road bike for longer rides but considering how **** the economy in canada is right now it dont think it will be worth it to build one till the way I want it.

Id love to build one from the frame up :p, or get a really nice pre built road bike. But i dont see being able to for quite some time, as expensive as the keyboard hobby is..... it doesnt come near the price of really nice bikes.

I'm thinking about putting some nice thin road tires on my DS when the weather gets better for the heck of it. Then i guess it would be closer to an upright road bike aside from the geometry being way different lol

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 16:33:10 »
Tore apart my Shimano Nexus 8 hub for an oil bath conversion.

It took some time and it was freezing outside, but also fun. :P
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 21:47:38 »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 21:53:34 »
been rocking the mongoose all winter... not a bad ride although i wish i had a rigid fork. Added and changed a bunch of stuff, gave it a good tune up and rode the piss out of it. Super bike, not fast by any means but it holds my weight so i've got that going for me i guess.

i took some real pics

-Dana

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #245 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 22:29:11 »
Nice boostdemon! Thanks for reviving the thread.

Anyone using the new shimano 1x11 on their mountainbike? I am thinking of upgrading but not sure if its worth the cost. :p

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #246 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 15:47:05 »
I wanted to post here for a long time, but it never happened (I think). Today I ride my new built bike, loved the (small) tour!

I even wanted to drive with this cool feature (a cut beer can), but my better half said it is so stupid... I like it though!

... ...

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #247 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 15:54:02 »
My trusty steed in it's best shoes!
130975-0

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #248 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 17:06:19 »
I wanted to post here for a long time, but it never happened (I think). Today I ride my new built bike, loved the (small) tour!

Show Image

I even wanted to drive with this cool feature (a cut beer can), but my better half said it is so stupid... I like it though!

Show Image

Looking good madhias! I have also used the beercan shim before too! Works well.

(Attachment Link)

Nice ride! How do you like the wheels?

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 18:33:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

Nice ride! How do you like the wheels?

Super smooth, super fast. The difference is night and day compared to training wheels. Plus they make that cool wooshing sound, everyone likes the wooshing sound!
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 March 2016, 02:15:02 by Ramage »