Author Topic: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)  (Read 193223 times)

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro via KBDfans (GB Closed)
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 14:27:30 »
This is an absolute ****show, I doubt that they'll even meet the Oct 20th timeframe. The US and China are renegotiating shipping rates on the 17th, so we'll all likely have to pay extra at this point. Not to mention, what in gods name are they talking about for the black dye-sub? I thought the agreed apon idea was that they were going to do white dye-subs on black keys.... We need an update from Gok.

I'm really not that worried about a $10 to $20 up charge for international shipping. That's kind of making a mountain out of a mole hill. Also you can't dyesub a lighter color onto a darker plastic. That's why reverse dyesub is a thing in the first place.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 15:44:09 »
I think what's more disappointing is they've been saying estimated delivery late september for 3 weeks now. now here we are in late september and they delay it again. 'Tis the name of the game I guess. It's kinda working out that my KBD8x MkII is also delayed heavily too.
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 16:07:16 »
TBH I'm not even disappointed. I guess I'm expecting this to ship when it ships. But interesting that if the expected dates that they published actually happen, we might even get SimpleJA before Kuro Shiro, which is at least, funny.

Offline Digitize

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 16:52:01 »
I’ve stopped complaining about GB because whether we like it or not, there are bound to be bumps in the road that are unexpected. Hey as long as I get my product in the end I’m happy. As long as there is transparency with updates, I’m happy. As long as the wait is due to quality and not quantity, I am happy.

These people feeling disappointed, this must be their first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 19:16:30 »
Sorry for the delays. I've been trying to keep a tab on this thread but I'm not receiving email notifications for this thread, even though I have them enabled.
Regarding updates, as I've stated before I'm not in the KBDfans discord so many of you would be better getting your updates from the horse's mouth.

I've just read the screenshot of the update from their discord and regarding the black reversed dyesubbed keys, they've needed to double dyesub those to avoid them looking like the TKC katakana WoB keyset.

Offline CYFX

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 20:12:27 »
I've just read the screenshot of the update from their discord and regarding the black reversed dyesubbed keys, they've needed to double dyesub those to avoid them looking like the TKC katakana WoB keyset.

Thank you! Even though I love my katakana WoB, I do wish they would have taken the time and made the black darker. I can’t wait to get my hands on this set.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 22:46:40 »
I think what's more disappointing is they've been saying estimated delivery late september for 3 weeks now. now here we are in late september and they delay it again. 'Tis the name of the game I guess. It's kinda working out that my KBD8x MkII is also delayed heavily too.
Oct 1-7 is Chinese Natonal Day + Golden Week, so my guess is that since they couldn't make it before the end of Sept, it got pushed back a bit further (After any big holiday, Chinese factories tend to take at least a couple more days to get back to speed as workers return from their hometowns).
Honestly, as long as quality and delivery is gauranteed, I don't mind waiting a bit longer. I've been through enough GBs to know this should not be taken for granted.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 16:20:51 »
Bummer that this doesn't support JIS :/
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline hpdung99

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 07:05:19 »

I had the same disappointment. Hope that it would run R2 or have a custom kit for JIS, although the probability is extremely low. Tbf JIS supporting sets are rare, maybe only 1 I guess (SimpleJA)

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 13:18:01 »

I had the same disappointment. Hope that it would run R2 or have a custom kit for JIS, although the probability is extremely low. Tbf JIS supporting sets are rare, maybe only 1 I guess (SimpleJA)
EnjoyPBT doesn't have all of the molds required for full JIS (e.g 4.5u spacebar).
It's not like there are tons of custom kits with JIS layout anyway.
Most people, and even popular brands, just use ISO (plus maybe split spacebars, e.g Minila Air).
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2019, 13:21:21 by nguyenhimself »

Offline aleck

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 18:57:34 »
This is an absolute ****show, I doubt that they'll even meet the Oct 20th timeframe. The US and China are renegotiating shipping rates on the 17th, so we'll all likely have to pay extra at this point. Not to mention, what in gods name are they talking about for the black dye-sub? I thought the agreed apon idea was that they were going to do white dye-subs on black keys.... We need an update from Gok.

Ask for a refund and quit your *****ing if you can't handle delays like this. This is not that bad and incredibly common in these.
Is it even possible to request a refund though?

Offline Yuri1992

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 20:15:26 »
Any updates of the new rama keycap ?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 20:21:53 »
I'll be deferring this till later so that it's one less thing for KBDfans to worry about until all kuro/shiro sets have shipped.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 07:39:32 »
That goes only for the Rama white keycap, and not for the RAMA Kuro Brass Keycaps, right?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 14:06:28 »
That goes only for the Rama white keycap, and not for the RAMA Kuro Brass Keycaps, right?
I've heard that some of the brass caps have shipped already.

Offline Yuri1992

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 20:12:56 »
I'll be deferring this till later so that it's one less thing for KBDfans to worry about until all kuro/shiro sets have shipped.
Thank you for your update. Really interesting in it.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 00:36:21 »

Can confirm, received my brass cap last week. Looks amazing.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #167 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 05:46:24 »

pics pls  :cool:

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 13:06:27 »

Boss, you know if they will have extra sets afterwards?

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 14:20:19 »

Boss, you know if they will have extra sets afterwards?
Last I heard, there wasn't going to be.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 14:48:35 »

Sorry for the potato pic, I don't have a fancy camera. The shine is crazy. Great quality from Rama as expected.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 15:22:55 »

Sorry for the potato pic, I don't have a fancy camera. The shine is crazy. Great quality from Rama as expected.

Looking great. The only artisan I've ever had feelings for  :)

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 15:43:10 »
cool
did you ordered only the rama cap?

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 16:03:33 »
cool
did you ordered only the rama cap?

No, I ordered all of the kits except the International and Planck.

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 00:33:05 »
Really hoping that it will arrive before the 15th of November, if not I'm going to be really disappointed since I will have to go to a meetup without keycaps.

Offline Berzerker

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 23:38:37 »

Ask for a refund and quit your *****ing if you can't handle delays like this. This is not that bad and incredibly common in these.
Is it even possible to request a refund though?

Yes. You can message Wei on kbdfans or discord. He's very obliging and understanding in these types of situations.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 06:34:38 »
I wonder how the set is doing right now  :))
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 07:36:08 »
last i saw, it’s set to ship the 20th this month :D

Offline dantambok

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 08:20:03 »
ohhh that's a like a week away! okay fingers crossed. thanks!  :thumb:
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 12:49:32 »
I've asked KBDfans and they said it would be completed on the 20th and arrive at their warehouse on the 24th.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 14:04:53 »
I've asked KBDfans and they said it would be completed on the 20th and arrive at their warehouse on the 24th.
That's hot. Excited to get mine. Can't wait to see how crazy people will go after these on the aftermarket, especially the Japanese mods  :)).

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 16:49:23 »

Seems like the date gets further and further away

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 02:37:00 »
That's hot. Excited to get mine. Can't wait to see how crazy people will go after these on the aftermarket, especially the Japanese mods  :)).
So happy i went with japanese mods too!! can’t wait to see the artisan as well :>

Offline Digitize

« Reply #183 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 12:19:24 »

Hey at least it will be getting shipped soon so don’t argue about the date.

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 12:58:57 »

Why not? I has been months since the original shipping date.

Offline aleck

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 20:45:29 »
Yay! Finally!

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 22:09:51 »

It's not ideal, but trust me, once it arrives, you won't remember the long wait.
That we know for sure it is coming is the most important bit.

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 08:38:22 »
Just waiting on this so I can finally turn my milk-white keeblade into a weeblade

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline wellbeing44

• kebord good kebord fun yum yum
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 02:46:04 »

Reasons were given and the runner has been keeping us up to date. I for one appreciate Gok's efforts in getting the right color. If you would like a set immediately, please consider Tai Hao.

Offline snurrebassen

• Linktree
« Reply #189 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 02:49:42 »

Reasons were given and the runner has been keeping us up to date. I for one appreciate Gok's efforts in getting the right color. If you would like a set immediately, please consider Tai Hao.
I totally agree. Rather want a top notch set delayed, rather than a decent set quickly. Same happened with Susuwatari

Offline neah12

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 06:46:20 »
so i can expect my set to ship before the end of this month?

Offline Tranq

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 14:01:40 »
Will there be extras for this?

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #192 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 22:25:28 »
Will there be extras for this?

Word throughout the thread and KBDFans discord is no extras.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #193 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 23:54:01 »
Epbt  Kuro Shiro: Sorry for the delay again. I thought the factory would send it to us on Saturday, but the factory said this morning that it is expected to send it to our warehouse next week

From Discord. One more week you guys. Hang in there.

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 08:27:33 »
Sounds like every set launched in the first half of the year is getting shipped in November. Glad the end is in sight. :D

JJ50                   Preonic

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 21:09:34 »
Epbt  Kuro Shiro: Sorry for the delay again. I thought the factory would send it to us on Saturday, but the factory said this morning that it is expected to send it to our warehouse next week

What the actual ****... So far I am really disappointed with how everything has progressed.

I understand the reasons for the delay, but that doesn't make me feel any less disappointed at how long this is taking and how some mistakes could have been avoided.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:33:09 »
At this point I'm already expecting 5 more delay notifications.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 01:41:00 »

What the actual ****... So far I am really disappointed with how everything has progressed.

I understand the reasons for the delay, but that doesn't make me feel any less disappointed at how long this is taking and how some mistakes could have been avoided.

It's pretty typical in this hobby. I've never had any keyset ship on time. More often than not there have been delays of 1-4 months.

Offline Berzerker

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 12:45:51 »

Holy **** is this everyone's first GB?

Seriously it's a ****ing *week*, suck it the **** up and stop complaining. Jesus christ.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 14:10:16 »

Holy **** is this everyone's first GB?

Seriously it's a ****ing *week*, suck it the **** up and stop complaining. Jesus christ.

Considering it's an EPBT set, it very well could be their first time. Now they can learn what it really means to be an enthusiast in this hobby.