Author Topic: [GB] Lin Montage  (Read 109843 times)

Offline infamousvincci

Re: [GB] Lin Montage
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 13:19:37 »
I edited mine three times after getting in at 39-40 seconds. You all should check the x-received stamp on your first form submission.

Mine states 38 seconds but I used a live domain for the form so I can't access the timestamp like everyone else can.

Show Image

If I'm incorrect here, someone let me know.
Heres mine.

I received the email 7:01:30 therefore, i shouldve made it to the first 50 orders. I didnt even made it to the 60 cut offs. Lol.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 13:37:11 »
Heres mine.

I received the email 7:01:30 therefore, i shouldve made it to the first 50 orders. I didnt even made it to the 60 cut offs. Lol.
Show Image

Actually the cutoff was 1:24 apparently, so 1:30 would have been 6 seconds too late:

cut off was 1:24 according to lin

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 13:38:36 »
Heres mine.

Show Image

Actually the cutoff was 1:24 apparently, so 1:30 would have been 6 seconds too late:

Lol I was going to say. 1:50 was the extended 10 people

Still should have technically been oh well. Just waiting for a reply back myself

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 13:46:43 »
Lol I was going to say. 1:50 was the extended 10 people

Still should have technically been oh well. Just waiting for a reply back myself

Ah ok gotcha, I wasn't sure what the extra cutoff time was for the extended people. Hope it gets resolved!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 13:51:42 »
Lol

Even my email received was before the cut off.

Offline playsbymd

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 14:00:38 »
Made it in the additional 10. That rose gold looks fire. I love it!

Offline infamousvincci

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 14:10:19 »
Heres mine.

Show Image

Nah. i should be able to get to the first 50 because there should be an interval of atleast 10 seconds from the moment i sent my form and the moment i received my receipt.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 14:18:18 »
my email received was well before cutoff too hmm about 1:15
I love Elzy

Offline infamousvincci

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 14:24:17 »
my email received was well before cutoff too hmm about 1:15

LOL so its not just me who is wondering.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 14:54:04 »
****s rigged, I had to edit my entry immediately cuz it wasn't accepting Canadian postal codes (said numbers only)

guess the edits do bump your time stamp

edit: below post makes more sense :p
I love Elzy

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 14:54:13 »
The form did not open exactly at 10:00 a.m. Eastern. I got in at 9:58 and received an email exactly at 10:00 a.m. I believe people are getting confused as they are basing the time Lin said it took to fill up the spots along with the opening time of 10:00 a.m. Eastern.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline infamousvincci

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 14:59:55 »
The form did not open exactly at 10:00 a.m. Eastern. I got in at 9:58 and received an email exactly at 10:00 a.m. I believe people are getting confused as they are basing the time Lin said it took to fill up the spots along with the opening time of 10:00 a.m. Eastern.
Lmfao.

If thats the case, then it does makes sense. This might be rigged. Why would he open it before the announced time and accept those orders. Lol. What a waste.

Offline infamousvincci

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 15:01:11 »
****s rigged, I had to edit my entry immediately cuz it wasn't accepting Canadian postal codes (said numbers only)

guess the edits do bump your time stamp

edit: below post makes more sense
It doesnt bump your time. Once you submit it, it stays there even if you edit it. For this instance, might be a different story. You are right, it might be rigged. Considering our timestamps we shouldve made it.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 15:03:21 »
Lmfao.

If thats the case, then it does makes sense. This might be rigged. Why would he open it before the announced time and accept those orders. Lol. What a waste.

I don't believe it was deliberate by any means. I really have no explanation. I've always experienced similar inconsistencies with google forms throughout the years so I spammed F5 from 9:55 a.m. until the form opened up for me.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 15:05:34 »
for the record my cries of rigging are sarcastic, however I would feel mildly cheated if the form opened earlier.

but I'm not too upset on missing out since it was gonna be an impulse buy. I hope everyone who made it enjoys, can't wait to see the color reveal
I love Elzy

Offline infamousvincci

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 15:07:22 »
Lmfao.

I don't believe it was deliberate by any means. I really have no explanation. I've always experienced similar inconsistencies with google forms throughout the years so I spammed F5 from 9:55 a.m. until the form opened up for me.
It is deliberate if he opened and accepted the orders before the announced time. Theres a reason why its called FCFS starting from 0700 PDT.

Offline Baionlenja

• +B
    • www.baionlenja.com
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 15:23:17 »
The form opened for me exactly when promised. It took me 47 seconds to fill it and I was the 13th. The form would not open any earlier. That's my experience of it.

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 October 2019, 15:27:02 by Baionlenja »

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 15:31:23 »

Sorry, the form opened up exactly at  9:00AM CST for me on the dot.

I know because I refreshed/F5 since 8:58AM CST

Offline infamousvincci

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 15:40:19 »
Meeh. Its not worth it to push on this through. I know for my self that i shouldve made it to the GB but oh well. Maybe it was rigged, maybe it was handpicked but i can never tell. All my timestamps are saying i shouldve made it but apparently not.

Enjoy your new board everyone.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 15:49:53 »

No need to apologize as I have no affiliation with this GB. Every time I restart my computer my BIOS resets and changes the year to 2059, therefore, I can't guarantee the time I saw was correct. Regardless, those who got in are in. Those who did not get in, will not get in. I don't believe there can be anything done or said to make that change.

Offline kconfire

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 15:51:40 »
for the record my cries of rigging are sarcastic, however I would feel mildly cheated if the form opened earlier.

but I'm not too upset on missing out since it was gonna be an impulse buy. I hope everyone who made it enjoys, can't wait to see the color reveal

I don't believe the form opened before 10:00AM EST*
The form opened exactly at 10:00AM EST last week Saturday.

Unless someone's PC has a clock that's off by more than a minute....
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:11:49 »

No need to apologize as I have no affiliation with this GB. Every time I restart my computer my BIOS resets and changes the year to 2059, therefore, I can't guarantee the time I saw was correct. Regardless, those who got in are in. Those who did not get in, will not get in. I don't believe there can be anything done or said to make that change.

Yeah, I just want the facts to be out there. This entire thing just seems sketch at this point when a minute hadn't even passed since I finished the form.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:13:36 »
according to outlook's server I was 1:16 which should be well within 1:24 but atm its unclear if numbers means anything /shrug
I love Elzy

Offline infamousvincci

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:16:55 »

Yeah, I just want the facts to be out there. This entire thing just seems sketch at this point when a minute hadn't even passed since I finished the form.
Yeah so theres three of us that got booted out of the GB? Sifo, u, and me.

Is there anyone else that didnt make it but can provide a timstamp of the receipt email?

Pretty sure something is going on here.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:20:31 »
The form opened for me exactly at 10am est after refreshing since 9:58am est.

You've also got 100+ people submitting a form at the same time. In most cases your time isn't going to matter, what matters is what order you submitted it and the timestamp in the database. If 50 other people submitted before you at 1:23, you didn't make it.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:26:09 »

Is there anyone else that didnt make it but can provide a timstamp of the receipt email?

I'd rather not be associated with a manhunt.

Offline infamousvincci

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:29:53 »

I'd rather not be associated with a manhunt.

meh. Just need to move on then. lol.

Offline noahf

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:30:37 »
its also interesting that 2 of you are using outlook and have numbers within the cutoff, but people that use google's timestamp with a gmail account are very accurate. its possible outlooks server's are out of sync with googles?

the document didn't open for me until 07:00:17 (I watch the seconds when doing gb's) and have my submission in before 10:00:51 and my email was received by 07:00:52. I made it right in the middle of the pack. but realize every second after probably 07:01:00 has an exponential growth in submissions, so every second after 1:00 can be dramatic to your chances.

I would imagine your clocks are slightly off googles clocks. no conspiracy no unfairness.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:33:51 »

I can agree that there is some confusion that needs to be cleared up. According to what everyone has been saying about being let into the form exactly on time then I will assume I was wrong about being let in a bit early. I'm curious as to when Ryanticz received his email as he was the last one on the list. I thought for sure I would have been one of the first 5 with how fast I was yet I was still number 21.

Offline h.parks

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:38:37 »

Most likely culprit? Faulty timestamps from desynced clocks on your PC/e-mail server, or back-end bugs in Google Forms. Either one could have delayed your submission. Unlikely to be anything malicious.

I can also confirm I refreshed the form until 7:00 pacific time, and I accessed the form right on the dot.
Bottom-Mount Alps Dactyl | Ergodox | PLA75 | SA Penumbra | DSA Blanks | GMK First Love

Offline hamhands

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:39:23 »
There seem to be some misconceptions as to how Google Forms behaves, so I created a test form to confirm exactly how the timestamps work:

- Google Forms only stores the timestamp of your latest edit. Google Forms does not have any sort of revision history, nor does it record the timestamp of when you first submitted the form.
- The form responses are not stored in order of first submission. They are ordered according to the latest timestamp. Thus, as soon as someone edits their submission, they "lose" their spot in the list and are placed last in the list of responses.
- There is an option for the form owner to be notified by email when responses are submitted. These notifications only appear to trigger on first submission and not edits, so it can be used to track who submitted first. However, the option is turned off by default.

With these facts in mind, there are only two feasible ways to record who submitted within the specified timeframe:

- The form owner records the usernames and emails while the form is still closed. Once the names are recorded, then the form can be reopened for editing, and the owner can slog through the submissions to find those individuals' submissions.
- Turn on email notifications and use the timestamps of the emails (possibly unreliable).

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:41:54 »
The form opened for me exactly at 10am est after refreshing since 9:58am est.

You've also got 100+ people submitting a form at the same time. In most cases your time isn't going to matter, what matters is what order you submitted it and the timestamp in the database. If 50 other people submitted before you at 1:23, you didn't make it.

In this case

My form was before you as I was 38 sec and you were Sat, 07:00:39 -0700 PDT

Maybe my time is incorrect as opposed to yours from gmail there's no telling

This is just what we're left to.

Hope you all enjoy your boards, I saved 350 dollars today, I will be heading to the red light district.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 16:42:51 »
again I don't really care that I missed out on the board, just curious about the situation :p all of these sound like plausible answers to me but still dunno for sure.
I love Elzy

Offline LINWORKS

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 19:19:53 »
I edited mine three times after getting in at 39-40 seconds. You all should check the x-received stamp on your first form submission.

Mine states 38 seconds but I used a live domain for the form so I can't access the timestamp like everyone else can.

Show Image

Hello Friends,

Sorry that this happened.

My answer to why this was happened is that ‘I don’t know.’
But I will do what I can do to fix the things right.

Please contact me for those who have screenshots or whatsoever you can prove you are in the first 60,
Then I will give them slots if they want.

Please send email regarding the case.

Hope it helps and sorry for all this mess.
This is my first time experience going through this system.

But I will analyze this case why it happened and will fix it from next GB.

P.S. I got informed from my team who actually made the google form that he did not fix the form. So if you have made correction on the form, the timestamp changed. It was 2 or 3 cases among entire order for now.

If I'm incorrect here, someone let me know.
Heres mine.

Show Image

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 19:52:15 »

Hello Friends,

Sorry that this happened.

My answer to why this was happened is that ‘I don’t know.’
But I will do what I can do to fix the things right.

Please contact me for those who have screenshots or whatsoever you can prove you are in the first 60,
Then I will give them slots if they want.

Please send email regarding the case.

Hope it helps and sorry for all this mess.
This is my first time experience going through this system.

But I will analyze this case why it happened and will fix it from next GB.

P.S. I got informed from my team who actually made the google form that he did not fix the form. So if you have made correction on the form, the timestamp changed. It was 2 or 3 cases among entire order for now.

problem solved. back to waiting for "got an invoice" updates and then waiting for "got a tracking number" updates /s

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 19:53:53 »
oof there are about to be a lot of salty people

inb4 Photoshop.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 October 2019, 19:58:10 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline meIIow

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 20:40:42 »

inb4 Photoshop.

Don't even need photoshop, I'm sure you can just edit the page source.
I get why people are pissed that editing bumped their timestamp, but there's almost always a period where you can change your order after the slots are locked in. It would've been better if we knew not to edit from the start, though.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 00:37:54 »

inb4 Photoshop.

I get why people are pissed that editing bumped their timestamp, but there's almost always a period where you can change your order after the slots are locked in. It would've been better if we knew not to edit from the start, though.

yeah you could, by Photoshop I just meant evidence being Altered in any way. I have submitted mine but I don't feel great about it. I wouldn't mind a redo, this situation kinda sucks for everyone.

I thought I got ****ed and panicked because the form initially only allowed numbers to be entered whereas I have letters in my postal code.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 October 2019, 00:39:44 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline meIIow

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 00:46:25 »

inb4 Photoshop.

yeah you could, by Photoshop I just meant evidence being Altered in any way. I have submitted mine but I don't feel great about it. I wouldn't mind a redo, this situation kinda sucks for everyone.

I thought I got ****ed and panicked because the form initially only allowed numbers to be entered whereas I have letters in my postal code.
Having people forward their form and alteration receipts would probably make it harder to cheat.

I'm biased of course, but I'd prefer not to do a redo -- waking up at 6:30 in the west coast and stressing about it doesn't seem very appealing to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline infamousvincci

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 01:17:12 »

inb4 Photoshop.

Having people forward their form and alteration receipts would probably make it harder to cheat.

I'm biased of course, but I'd prefer not to do a redo -- waking up at 6:30 in the west coast and stressing about it doesn't seem very appealing to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thats exactly what I did. I sent all to Lin.

Offline TheMnBN

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 04:23:00 »
I think Lin and his team has already explained how the form timestamp was recorded: you edit then you get a new timestamp. I'm in the original 60 spot and my time was 1:08.

I also edited my form. But here's the catch, I did it after Lin updated the OP and said that participants could now edit. So I really don't understand the rush to edit the form right after filling it the first time. Perhaps there's something fishy about this impatience and not how the form works. :dafoe:

Offline Willhurt2008

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 04:27:43 »
Sorry if stupid question, but what is the difference between 'Additional 1.5t aluminum plate' and 'Additional 2t aluminum plate'. What exactly is 't'?

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 04:33:18 »
Sorry if stupid question, but what is the difference between 'Additional 1.5t aluminum plate' and 'Additional 2t aluminum plate'. What exactly is 't'?

1.5t = 1.5mm plate 2t = 2mm plate
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 October 2019, 04:58:37 by Nigolski »

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 05:02:53 »
I think Lin and his team has already explained how the form timestamp was recorded: you edit then you get a new timestamp. I'm in the original 60 spot and my time was 1:08.

I also edited my form. But here's the catch, I did it after Lin updated the OP and said that participants could now edit. So I really don't understand the rush to edit the form right after filling it the first time. Perhaps there's something fishy about this impatience and not how the form works. :dafoe:
Because some people fill out a gb form with garbage to quickly get a slot. They then update to put down correct information (address, etc.).

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 05:25:01 »

Because some people fill out a gb form with garbage to quickly get a slot. They then update to put down correct information (address, etc.).

Maybe stop doing that.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 05:25:19 »

I was one who updated my form to change to brass plate when you re-opened the form. I'm not entirely following the thread here. Are we supposed to send screenshots of our original confirmation emails?  :-\

Offline Seoulcialite

• MechSeoul
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 05:27:00 »
I'm confused about PCB compatibility. b87 size is listed as a compatible PCB. However, the prototype has the USB port on the right side. Also, previous fave87 PCBs also have the USB port on the right side.

Will the USB port for the production units be moved to the left side of the housing?

Nevermind. Lin has corrected the compatibility.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 October 2019, 05:58:18 by Seoulcialite »

Offline kekstee

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 07:15:46 »
I get that the edit issue might have hit legitimate form fills who freaked out over their postcode or whatever, but for getting rid of garbage first edit later orders it's not so bad.

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 08:18:10 »
Reading all the comments, I feel like everyone's too fixated on the timestamps (which has a number of contributing factors such as computer time, internet speed/connection, geographic location, etc.). Frankly if Lin never mentioned the cut-off time then no one would've said anything. Then again, I got in and would likely be equally upset if I didn't and felt like I should have.

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 08:27:08 »

Maybe stop doing that.
Yeah, I filled mine out normally and still got in.

Funnily enough, if people waited a few hours before editing then they'd likely have gotten a spot.