Author Topic: What is your favorite Tarantino film, and why?  (Read 2785 times)

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

What is your favorite Tarantino film, and why?
« on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 20:57:59 »
What is your favorite Tarantino film, and why?

Out of all of Quentin Tarantino's 8 major films (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, etc.), which one is your favorite and why is it? I am curious to see what you guys think!

My personal favorite has to be Kill Bill (as a whole). The soundtrack is awesome, and also has such memorable dialogue and action sequences. It just happened to be the one that stuck with me the most, I think they're all amazing in their own way however.
Inglorious Basterds is a very close runner-up.

Offline Ephemeral

Re: What is your favorite Tarantino film, and why?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 21:14:06 »
Inglorious Basterds, because I want my Natzi scalps.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 00:34:14 »
Pulp Fiction, although I'm not entirely sure why.

I'm a big Tarantino fan, btw, I love his films. Except The Hateful Eight, that was just rubbish.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 02:01:36 »

I'm a big Tarantino fan, btw, I love his films. Except The Hateful Eight, that was just rubbish.

I think Pulp Fiction has a filmic quality that speaks to the biological aspect of film enjoyment more directly than usual. It's a prime example of well-crafted art appealing to objective perceptions of the brain that supersede personal subjectivity.

But overall I think From Dusk till Dawn is my favorite Tarantino project despite being a joint venture. I just get a real kick out of watching him in the actual movie as it seems to work really well because I never think of him as Tarantino the director playing a character. I just see the character as the character.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 August 2018, 02:10:36 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 03:42:43 »

I think Pulp Fiction has a filmic quality that speaks to the biological aspect of film enjoyment more directly than usual. It's a prime example of well-crafted art appealing to objective perceptions of the brain that supersede personal subjectivity.

But overall I think From Dusk till Dawn is my favorite Tarantino project despite being a joint venture. I just get a real kick out of watching him in the actual movie as it seems to work really well because I never think of him as Tarantino the director playing a character. I just see the character as the character.
FDTD gets a lot of stick. I can see why, too, although I still liked it. My favourites are still Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs, Django Unchained, and Inglourious Basterds, though.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 06:24:43 »
Probably Reservoir Dogs. - I just love the whole feel of the movie, all the characters are fantastic.
Pulp Fiction is a close second.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 17:58:16 »
Pulp Fiction because it's unarguably his best written and directed film. Easily.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 20:41:11 »
I don't have a favourite.
I would say that Reservoir Dogs is the best single movie that he both wrote and directed.
Pulp Fiction is more of a classic but uneven. The Kill Bill duology is fun and contain a lot of homage to old pulp classics and may be the most entertaining.

I found Jackie Brown, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight to be mostly boring. The abundance of gore in the latter two just made them ridiculous.
I saw The Hateful Eight in 70mm extended version with intermission and was mostly just disappointed — 70mm was wasted on a chamber piece and the movie was not complex enough to warrant that run-time.

BTW. There is WW2 movie from 1978 called The Inglorious Bastards about a commando team fighting behind enemy lines in Europe.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 21:12:41 »
The torture scene in Reservoir Dogs is the best movie.
Just that scene.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 01:10:07 »

I don't think The Hateful Eight was COMPLETE rubbish.. but definitely not his best lol
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 August 2018, 14:38:15 by sam0s »

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 01:14:58 »
Jackie Brown because it's the only good one.

don't @ me
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 01:22:52 »

I don't the The Hateful Eight was COMPLETE rubbish.. but definitely not his best lol

I've always put Tarantino in the same class as Kevin Smith..

They're all bad movies, every last one, campy enough to appeal to cult..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 03:07:17 »

I don't the The Hateful Eight was COMPLETE rubbish.. but definitely not his best lol
The problem with that film IMO is that he tried to be too clever. It's too well-engineered, but as a result none of the characters get any GENUINE development and the plot just feels fake. His other big films have characters that still stand the test of time, that we still quote daily, have plots that are believable due to the balance of bizarre and banal that happen in them. This is the sort of thing he's so good at. The Hateful Eight feels like a school play compared to that.

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 14:36:50 »

The problem with that film IMO is that he tried to be too clever. It's too well-engineered, but as a result none of the characters get any GENUINE development and the plot just feels fake. His other big films have characters that still stand the test of time, that we still quote daily, have plots that are believable due to the balance of bizarre and banal that happen in them. This is the sort of thing he's so good at. The Hateful Eight feels like a school play compared to that.

I see what you're saying, that is understandable. I think Tarantino said somewhere that he actually did kinda write the move as a play. He even mentioned that he wanted to make a theatrical adaptation so that other actors could play his characters haha.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 20:02:59 »

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 23:30:42 »

Thank you for this! I've watched quite a few videos from this channel but never seen this, very entertaining.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 23:35:40 »
Inglorious Basterds, because I want my Natzi scalps.

Either that one or Django Unchained.  Though Kill Bill 1&2 are really close.  I guess I like revenge flicks.

Thank you for this! I've watched quite a few videos from this channel but never seen this, very entertaining.

I'd never heard of that before- it was quite hilarious!  Now I have a lot more youtube videos I have to sample.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 August 2018, 23:43:18 by chuckdee »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 00:52:57 »
Really I'd say Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Kill Bill were his only good films. The rest were forgettable.
He's like a bootleg Scorsese.