geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

GEIST (former project-title: Gerät Eins)

<< < (3/5) > >>

mkberlin:
impressive renders, which software did you use?

maschine:
Thnx! I'm using Corona (no pun intended). It's a pretty awesome renderer.

Greetings from another Berliner.

maschine:
@Maledicted: I'll continue our talk here because it's quite techie and related to this board:) The switches recommendations are very insightful man, I will try to get my fingers on them and give you my opinion.

Sound design is an integral part of the whole design which sounds paradoxical as there's a huge gab between bottom and desk. However, the board is very "dense", both in terms of material (Alu top but brass plate, brass bottom & weight) as well as design - there's little tolerance between all components and the stand which exceeds the border of the case is bold and dense as well. There will be also a smaller weight with no stand functionality which allows the board to sit flat on the desk - that might be the option I'd personally use I guess because I like 0 angle or a minimal angle like on the K70 without the feet extended.

There will also be a special mounting system and a new, separate plate design which I will introduce later:)

Maledicted:

--- Quote from: maschine on Thu, 30 April 2020, 11:38:33 ---@Maledicted: I'll continue our talk here because it's quite techie and related to this board:) The switches recommendations are very insightful man, I will try to get my fingers on them and give you my opinion.

Sound design is an integral part of the whole design which sounds paradoxical as there's a huge gab between bottom and desk. However, the board is very "dense", both in terms of material (Alu top but brass plate, brass bottom & weight) as well as design - there's little tolerance between all components and the stand which exceeds the border of the case is bold and dense as well. There will be also a smaller weight with no stand functionality which allows the board to sit flat on the desk - that might be the option I'd personally use I guess because I like 0 angle or a minimal angle like on the K70 without the feet extended.

There will also be a special mounting system and a new, separate plate design which I will introduce later:)

--- End quote ---

Sounds good. I just wanted to make sure you didn't commit to a certain switch before you've tried some more.

With all of the acoustic considerations you're putting into the board, it will certainly be interesting to hear how different switches may sound in it vs other boards. I have never really even thought much about angle before myself, but now that you mention the K70 with the feet down, I do notice that I usually type without those extended on any given board I use, and this F77 has literally no angle at all to it, neither does my TG3 cop keyboard which I use most with my HTPC setup at home, since those were designed to just be mounted somewhere.

Just like your Nintendo 64 keyboard, this is looking great.

maschine:
Haha that's funny because I've noticed the feet of the K70 relatively late, and then, even later I noticed that the K70 has front feet - did you? This allows you to write at a negative angle which I tried, it works but I still prefer the flat option. I also didn't use the feet on my HHKB either, guess heavily angled boards are not for me as I don't like to bend my wrists while typing.

Btw. The Sat75 even goes up to 1300 on Discord - so in case you don't know how to spend your stimulus boost haha...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version