geekhack Community > Keyboards

What do you guys think of the discord keyboard?

(1/3) > >>

dankthropod:
If you haven't heard, discord has launched a charity campaign with a hotswap bluetooth mechanical keyboard (TKL), here are some pictures and specs:

It even comes with some novelties!

You can chose the following options:

* Dark theme gateron browns
* Dark theme gateron reds
* Light theme gateron browns
* Light theme gateron reds
Let me know what you guys think and if you're gonna buy it or not!  ;)

EDIT: Here's the link! https://discordmerch.com/collections/snowsgiving-2021/products/discord-tkl-mechanical-keyboard

MIGHTY CHICKEN:
Not particularly the best looking or good value. Not something I would ever consider getting. Maybe some nonkeyboarders might but it’s like an ehh at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafen:
That boards $190? That's a hard pass from me.

clik_clak:
Does it come with unlimited lifetime Nitro or something?

That would somewhat make it worth it.

Leslieann:
Designed by the same people who did the Arctic Fox (Kono) with Bluetooth, carrying case and Tai-Hao caps, maybe even possibly programmable (not sure on that)...
It's not nearly as poorly priced as some of you seem to think, still not a great value but not necessarily terrible either if well made (likely) and you happen to like it.

The problem I have is why?
Why does it need to be Discord or be for some random charity, just make a good/solid keyboard at a reasonable price. I've never understood why people buy themed peripherals, it's bad enough when it's movie themed or something but corporate themed? Would you purposely buy an AT&T themed keyboard, how about Comcast, Verizon or Walmart? None of these companies give two sh*ts about you, why purposely brand your desk with their merch? Don't latch yourself to corporate entities, they are not your friend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version