Author Topic: 3 months, 5 keyboards later  (Read 2323 times)

Offline tdev

3 months, 5 keyboards later
« on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 16:59:11 »
Hi All,

I was always intrigued by mechanical keyboards, but I heard it's an expensive hobby, so I had been avoiding it until about three months ago.
I came across the keychron's kick-starter campaign, the price seemed pretty reasonable, so I backed the project.

I got the keyboard, typed on it, and loved it. It was all good then.

But, there's always a but. I started googling how to customise mechanical keyboards. There goes the rabbit hole.

Three months later, now I've got five keyboards, only because the impatient me kept buying while I was waiting for others to arrive.

I love it though, it suits my brain for some reason. I love researching the difference among different boards, switches, keycaps, etc; I love the feeling when I get a new board; I love lubing the switches, well, sometimes :)

Anyway, great to join this passionate community. I hope to learn more and build more.

Offline Binancaa

Re: 3 months, 5 keyboards later
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 December 2021, 08:54:28 »
a real obsession, I guess)))
I have it as well
I just adore mechanical keyboards

Offline Baklava11

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 04:48:07 »
Felt the same way. Aftermarket buys hurt the wallet.

Offline Zefix

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 06:53:40 »
wait till you fall in love with vintage keyboards/computers...now that's an expensive hobby!
Hard to find or expensive or both! No other way around it. Get yourself a ibm model m and there's no turning back!
my babies

Offline marici22

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 03:23:51 »
I'm waiting for my first GB to arrive in July and already spent over $1500. I'm probably gonna end up spending over 10g by the end of this year  ;D

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 01:07:57 »
Hey OP! I also pretty much started with Keychron on Kickstarter. Which one did you get specifically?

wait till you fall in love with vintage keyboards/computers...now that's an expensive hobby!
Hard to find or expensive or both! No other way around it. Get yourself a ibm model m and there's no turning back!

Zefix... I know I shouldn't ask... but where did you start learning about vintage keyboards? What's the allure? Any good Youtube links about it?