Author Topic: Filco or Ducky?  (Read 12996 times)

Offline Arscon

Filco or Ducky?
« on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 13:03:45 »
Hi,
im must buy keyboard for cs go.
Im choose mx brown.
And i have question, filco majestouch 2 mx brown or ducky shine 3 9008 ?.

Offline okan

Re: Filco or Ducky?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 13:22:59 »
I was in the same boat, picked Filco browns and regretted..i recommend either Filco reds or blacks..
Oh, and the answer to your question: Filco.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 13:24:22 »
If you want a nice sturdy keyboard, Filco. If you want a nice board with a variety of LED modes, Ducky.

Offline Arscon

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 13:37:55 »
why no brown switch?
ducky is poorly made​​?

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 13:43:03 »
Like Halverson said. Pretty much need to decide if you need/want LEDs or not. I would go Filco as I own one (in browns) and my ex had a Ducky that I tried out, and I personally felt like the Filco was much nicer.
I hate everything.

Offline Arscon

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 14:04:31 »
awful, filco mx brown is good in game?
please help me :D I do not know what to choose, ducky shine 3 9008 or filco majestauch...

Offline genkidama

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:02:36 »
I only can talk about the Ducky Shine 3 as I recently bought one.
For me the Ducky Shine 3 was cheaper to get than any Filco and I'd say that the build quality of both companies are almost the same as others pointed out in differend threads/topics.

Probably it would be the best for you to try out all the switches there is on a test kit. I'm not a heavy gamer anymore and just play casually and I think Browns are just fine for gaming. You might need some time to get used to the Browns as they are a little heavier to press than on my rubberdome I had before (just my experience), still it's nice to game. If you play competitively I bet MX Reds or Blacks are better suited for you. Blacks being the heavier ones as they are at 75g I think and Reds should be at 45g. The more grams the more power you need to give to press them down. With Blacks my fingers got real tired very fast (I had a Steel Series 6GV2 before my Ducky).
But you don't need to take the Reds or Blacks, it's all just your preferences. But the usual idea is that Blacks and Reds are for gaming and Browns are something between gaming and typing. For the rest of the Switches I cannot say much as I haven't really looked into them that much than Browns, Reds and Blacks. :)

My take is: Go with the Ducky if the Filco is more expensive or somewhat the same. Or take my twist: Look into Ducky G2 Pro Dye Sublimation Keycap :thumb:
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline Arscon

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:10:56 »
im choose brown,
im must only choose filco or ducky shine...

Offline osi

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:23:19 »
im choose brown,
im must only choose filco or ducky shine...

If you want a nice sturdy keyboard, Filco. If you want a nice board with a variety of LED modes, Ducky.

This

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:28:23 »
If you have the money and don't want backlighting - Filco.

If you want backlighting - Ducky.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Arscon

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:47:30 »
I do not know what to choose...

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:47:59 »

Go with Ducky, enjoy the nice lights :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:49:50 »

Then why not both?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:50:20 »

Go with Ducky, enjoy the nice lights :)

Can't go wrong with pretty lights.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Arscon

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:58:55 »
filco is very nice but no have backlight.
ducky is not well done...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 16:12:24 »
Ducky are fine, at least the modern MX switch variations.  The earlier Alps ones had a few quality control problems, but now they are fine.

Also Ducky has about the biggest range of switch types, LED colours and layout options of any keyboard manufacturer.  You can also get non-backlit Duckys (the Ducky Zero).

Offline Emospence

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 19:49:39 »
I liek Filco better. Crisper stabs.
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 22:35:02 »
Filco for quality
Ducky for LEDS

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 01:03:07 »
I had the exact same question you did. I originally really wanted the Ducky Shine 3 because I was used to my Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and wanted LED's. Then I started looking at the filco and realized that the quality was just top notch. This thing is built like a tank. It feels so sturdy to type on - it really is like dream. I finally was able to try a Ducky shine 3 a week or so ago and I'll tell you honestly that I much prefer the Filco. I also have brown switches and I really like them for gaming. I liked the mx blues more for typing but seeing as I do both typing and gaming - the brown was the most logical choice. Blues were actually fine for every game except Starcraft 2, which requires me to double tap keys - something that proves difficult on mx blues.

Do you touch type or do you need to look @ the keyboard when typing? If you're like me and you touch type then LED's are pointless. If you're planning on getting replacement keycaps too and you're interested in thick PBT (considered top notch caps) then LED's really won't do a lot for you.

My recommendation is go with the filco and get some thick pbt caps to go with it.

EDIT: A picture of mine for good measure : http://i.imgur.com/o1UPAqc.jpg - hopefully I'll have my aluminum batman escape key in this week, as well as my custom detachable cable from Pexon. I ordered the batman key from Imsto.cn nearly 3 weeks ago. I emailed him the other day asking where it was. A day later he emails me back saying that he just put it in the mail :(. I'm glad I messaged him - otherwise I don't think he would have ever sent it out!
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 01:05:31 by Keytrun »

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 06:55:40 »
Filco.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Saviant

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 08:15:01 »
I own a ducky year of the dragon and many Filco 87 and 104s and my choice would be the Filco. I chose Filco due to Replacement aluminium cases and replacement controllers. My ducky sits in cupboard as I don't need the LEDs and my filco in an MKC case doesn't move at all.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 08:19:38 »

I would agree with this. FWIW, I have a Filco Majestouch 2 and I'd say it's my favorite stock keyboard.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 08:58:38 »

I would agree with this. FWIW, I have a Filco Majestouch 2 and I'd say it's my favorite stock keyboard.

+1

I own 2
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:32:07 »
My friend owns a Ducky and Rosewill keyboard and he says it's sad that the cheaper keyboard (Rosewill) feels nicer to type on.

And Filco is better than Rosewill so therefore it's safe to assume Filco will feel nicer to type on than Ducky.

That and I own a Filco too.  It's the standard for solid construction no gimmick keyboard.

So the question is if you want a good solid keyboard or if you want pretty lights.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:39:40 »
I've found personally my filco feels nicer than my ducky. Also my Leopold 700r feels nicer than my ducky.

Offline dante

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:44:08 »

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 11:02:54 »
My friend owns a Ducky and Rosewill keyboard and he says it's sad that the cheaper keyboard (Rosewill) feels nicer to type on.

And Filco is better than Rosewill so therefore it's safe to assume Filco will feel nicer to type on than Ducky.

That and I own a Filco too.  It's the standard for solid construction no gimmick keyboard.

So the question is if you want a good solid keyboard or if you want pretty lights.

I think that you're not considering them fairly at all. First of all, all keyboards with plates feel extremely similar if not the same. Case construction might change that, but everything that isn't a Korean custom is plastic anyways. From all of the reviews I've read, the Ducky is always mentioned as very high build quality, quite heavy (whether this speaks to the double-layer PCB or just better case construction, I don't know), and the Ducky Yellow which recently came out has very thick PBT caps, much better than the often-complained-about thin ABS on the Filco.

Filco really doesn't live up to its hype. With Ducky, I don't mind paying $140 on a keyboard because it has solid construction, developed lighting, which actually took a lot of research, and is customizable. The Filco, in comparison, is a barebones, featureless keyboard; the same as a QFR, but at over double the price.

A better comparison would be if you want a tank or an Audi. Both are good choices.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline dante

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 11:05:51 »
Filco should take a page from WASD's playbook and come out with a cheaper keyless "barebones" option.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 11:10:10 »
Filco should take a page from WASD's playbook and come out with a cheaper keyless "barebones" option.

I could imagine that working for Filco, as a lot of enthusiasts (i.e. people who actually have another set of caps) buy their boards. Personally I really don't want to go back to thin ABS, so I wouldn't buy a Filco, as I'd have to substitute in my Keycool set for most keys or the incoming Ducky set.
I would consider Filco if they sold a white aluminum case, though. TRON!
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline Arscon

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:05:48 »
Ok!
im choose Filco FKBN104M/EB2
This is majestouch 2 mx brown US.
This is good choose?

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:09:13 »
Ducky makes outstanding keyboards just as good as any Filco. The main difference is costar stabilizers, but honestly I have never second guessed my cherry stabs. If cherry is good enough for the majority of $400+ custom korean mx boards, it's good enough for me.

What takes the cake in my book is the lack of a logo attached to the case. So ducky it is, regardless of backlighting.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:21:43 »
^
Good choice, though if you can afford $10 more I'd buy the Ninja version (front printed label).  It just looks cooler and comes with keycap puller.  :P

EDIT:  Didn't realize Lastpilot posted before me, but this was intended for the OP's comment about Filco Majestouch.

I think that you're not considering them fairly at all. First of all, all keyboards with plates feel extremely similar if not the same. Case construction might change that, but everything that isn't a Korean custom is plastic anyways. From all of the reviews I've read, the Ducky is always mentioned as very high build quality, quite heavy (whether this speaks to the double-layer PCB or just better case construction, I don't know), and the Ducky Yellow which recently came out has very thick PBT caps, much better than the often-complained-about thin ABS on the Filco.

Filco really doesn't live up to its hype. With Ducky, I don't mind paying $140 on a keyboard because it has solid construction, developed lighting, which actually took a lot of research, and is customizable. The Filco, in comparison, is a barebones, featureless keyboard; the same as a QFR, but at over double the price.

A better comparison would be if you want a tank or an Audi. Both are good choices.

Actually I'd agree with you on the build quality part, they're probably pretty close.

My friend's argument was mainly that Filco "feels" better to type on.  I'm guessing it's probably due to Costar stabilizer feel less scratchy compare to Cherry stabilizer.  He also doesn't like the fact that Ducky used MX Black for spacebar on his MX Red board.  Though that was for Ducky Shine 2 I don't know if Ducky still does this.

As for PBT keycaps, I guess you are right PBT does feel better.  Though in that case you're forced to buy Ducky G2 Pro over Shine 3.

However at the end of the day I think both are good keyboards, there's no right or wrong.  It's kind of like what would you "prefer" to buy.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:14:25 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Battou62

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:22:44 »
My Ducky 2108 is more solid than the Rosewill and Leopold I have had in the past. I don't know if this quality carries over into the Shine series, but the 2108 is built like a tank.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:44:27 »
Actually I'd agree with you on the build quality part, they're probably pretty close.

My friend's argument was mainly that Filco "feels" better to type on.  I'm guessing it's probably due to Costar stabilizer feel less scratchy compare to Cherry stabilizer.  He also doesn't like the fact that Ducky used MX Black for spacebar on his MX Red board.  Though that was for Ducky Shine 2 I don't know if Ducky still does this.

As for PBT keycaps, I guess you are right PBT does feel better.  Though in that case you're forced to buy Ducky G2 Pro over Shine 3.

However at the end of the day I think both are good keyboards, there's no right or wrong.  It's kind of like what would you "prefer" to buy.

I agree, that would make sense indeed. As far as the Cherry stabilizers, I heard that Ducky made some 'improved' Cherry stabilizers. I've tried the Costar, actually, they're quite nice. Linear switches like Reds with Cherry just feel too squishy for my liking, but it doesn't bother me with Blues or Browns. It'll be nice to try the improved ones, because my main boards are both Cherry.

EDIT: Also, you don't have to get the Pro. Like I mentioned, the Yellow comes with probably the best stock keycaps of any keyboard on the market, thick PBT.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:04:44 by Linkbane »

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:50:20 »
You can buy whatever board you want if you want PBT caps. You just buy them aftermarket.

Offline Arscon

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:59:44 »
where I order only have ninja mx brown QWERTZ... Im need QWERTY.
This is shop.
http://www.getdigital.eu/Filco-Majestouch-Profi-Tastatur.html

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:08:26 »
You can buy whatever board you want if you want PBT caps. You just buy them aftermarket.

If you want to blow $70, sure. For many, getting the Yellow Shine 3 costs nearly nothing, because there's no really better keycap you can get that's 'better'. If you don't like the color, sure, but for most users, thick PBT is the best thing available. It's certainly the most expensive.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:18:16 »
This is shop.

Where are you located at?

If you want to blow $70, sure. For many, getting the Yellow Shine 3 costs nearly nothing, because there's no really better keycap you can get that's 'better'. If you don't like the color, sure, but for most users, thick PBT is the best thing available. It's certainly the most expensive.

lol yeah that edition is probably best for both worlds, thick PBT + backlit except it's..... yellow...... if it was white case blue LED then I'd buy it.  :P

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:19:27 »
Why you no like QFR? :D

I would choose a filco or a qfr (I have previously owned both) If I went back to TKL from 60%. which I will not go back.

This will give you the ability to do controller replacements or a phantom pcb.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:21:02 »
This is shop.

Where are you located at?

lol yeah that edition is probably best for both worlds, thick PBT + backlit except it's..... yellow...... if it was white case blue LED then I'd buy it.  :P

Nothing wrong with yellow :p

Offline Arscon

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:26:54 »
im from Poland,
shop in Germany.

Offline tns

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:34:47 »
I really like duckies... but Filco is "really" better
but if u like fancy lights and a little bit cheaper price u can easily go for duckies

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:47:29 »
guys, ninja is better?
this
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/usa-filco-ninja-majestouch-2-nkr-tactile-action-keyboard.asp
or this
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/filco-majestouch-2-nkr-tactile-action-usa-keyboard.asp

The only difference is that on the ninja, the letter is printed on the front of the keycap, not the top.

It's not better for anything if you don't like that, but if you like the way it looks, go for it.

Offline Arscon

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:00:11 »
ok, im creat set.
This is good set?
I wonder if take the cable.
http://imageshack.us/f/198/dr2q.jpg/

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:17:08 »
ok, im creat set.
This is good set?

You need to disassamble the keyboard to fit that, which voids your warranty.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:28:59 »
ok, im creat set.
This is good set?

If you are getting the cable from Keyboardco.com (which it looks like you are) They will install it for you for a fee. You just need to email them and tell them that is what you want them to do.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:30:39 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 17:26:06 »
Filco for sure

Offline Canious

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 22:34:03 »
Experience will vary but most will agree that filco makes sturdy keyboard and most are content with the browns. I just feel like ducky's keyboards feel a little cheap

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 22:45:41 »
Experience will vary but most will agree that filco makes sturdy keyboard and most are content with the browns. I just feel like ducky's keyboards feel a little cheap

Have you ever tried a Ducky, by any chance? Because I very, very strongly doubt you'd feel that way if you did.