Author Topic: Keyboard too small? very odd i do not understand this?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline typo

Keyboard too small? very odd i do not understand this?
« on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 02:19:52 »
In my stuff I just found a wonderful Korean custom. I bet I know how it ended up in "stuff". It is much too "compact". I can barely type on it. I do not think I can upload a pic. It is 66 keys backlit full titanium frame. high frame. It is literally 3/4 the size of a HHKB! is this a kids keyboard or something? I know you can't say much without seeing it but I am not sure what this is. It is so compact it is crazy. It does seemingly have full size keycaps. It is just zero spacing between them. they are jammed together. Almost "rubbing". I do not understand this as I gather this is probably not a cheap keyboard. Without seeing it does anyone have any idea what it is? It looks like some unknown Kaith switches that are hot swappable. Should I try to get used to it or it is a waste of my time? thank you This is not a troll post or joke this is for real I swear!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Keyboard too small? very odd i do not understand this?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 03:43:16 »
As the kids say: pics or it didn't happen :))

No space between switches sounds a very bad idea...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 05:59:59 »
No kidding Bro. This I am willing to post okay. Honestly I do not want to mess with a pic host and don't know how either. Does this site host pics? If it does I will absolutely post it. I am not kidding, the keys are nearly rubbing each other. I think it is a expensive board but I find it unusable. It has more keys than a HHKB and is much smaller. I put them back to back and the HHKB dwarfs it. I am not sure how they smashed it this small with 66 keys but to me at least it is unusable. I strongly gather that is how it ended up in my "stuff" pile. Which also means it must be older than 2015 probably.  do not remember throwing a keyboard downstairs for sometime now. I am also not sure what the switches are. I think they are kaith. they are not soldered. They are LED RGB. They have a black bottom and clear top. I never saw a Kaith that color. It is possible they are not Kaith. Or perhaps made out of two switches. I would say linear non clicky pretty light weight.

I know you folks live for pics and shun me for not doing it. If you help me I will do so no problem. My personal stuff is a different matter and I think I explained myself about that. I will attempt to just try and find a pic on the net and link it but I have never seen this before and the only thing is says on the bottom is KaiHui. I searched that and nothing relevant. One thing I do not like either is space bar has a light actually 2 but the space bar has no shine through. I think this is just going back in pile of junk. I have a 87SE coming in a few days I nearly stole off this kid. Overall the only compact board I like is the HHKB. Not the capacitive switches so much but rather the layout. Especially the Japanese one. Otherwise I mostly like full-size or TKL. Having to press "fn" is a pain. To me at least. I know most typists do prefer them though.

Offline typo

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 15:59:10 »
You know what? It is actually not. Just my stupid perception. Disregard please. See, they put 66 switches on a 60 PCB but they actually did manage to pull it off. They are closer but not "scraping" by any stretch. My imagination. I have used it last 8 hours. It is similar to any other 60% MX. The switches must be pandas. Sorry.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 17:37:57 »
You know what? It is actually not. Just my stupid perception. Disregard please. See, they put 66 switches on a 60 PCB but they actually did manage to pull it off. They are closer but not "scraping" by any stretch. My imagination. I have used it last 8 hours. It is similar to any other 60% MX. The switches must be pandas. Sorry.

I would really like to see pictures  ;)
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 17:57:12 »
Yeah, you could get 15 units into 14.75 by reducing the gap between keys.
But so far I've only seen a keyboard do it to fit 3× 1u keys instead of a 2.75 right Shift in a normal 15u frame.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 18:02:30 »
If you click on reply rather than using the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread you'll see a plus sign with "Attachments and other options" next to it below the box you write in, click either and there's a browse button to upload pics to this site.  The "inline expandable thumbnail" option works best :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 19:57:12 »
In my stuff I just found a wonderful Korean custom. I bet I know how it ended up in "stuff". It is much too "compact". I can barely type on it. I do not think I can upload a pic. It is 66 keys backlit full titanium frame. high frame. It is literally 3/4 the size of a HHKB! is this a kids keyboard or something? I know you can't say much without seeing it but I am not sure what this is. It is so compact it is crazy. It does seemingly have full size keycaps. It is just zero spacing between them. they are jammed together. Almost "rubbing". I do not understand this as I gather this is probably not a cheap keyboard. Without seeing it does anyone have any idea what it is? It looks like some unknown Kaith switches that are hot swappable. Should I try to get used to it or it is a waste of my time? thank you This is not a troll post or joke this is for real I swear!

"66 keys backlit full frame"

No problem with that

Offline walie

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 23:04:04 »
All talk...and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk.

Never anything to back it up.