* In-Stock and Shipping Now!

GB Form

Pricing:

If it hasn't been made clear, these are in-stock and shipping now:

Here are the prices:

* PCB: $40
* CF Planck or Preonic Plate: $25
* Additional Hardware: $5
Until January 4th, take $10 off the price of the PCB, and $5 off a plate - that's $50 for a PCB and CF plate with no additional shipping charge if shipped to a US address.

Reasons:

I've been using ortho for a few years now but I never have found the bottom row to be useable. The homerow keys and the rows directly above and below the homerow are easy to finger, but the very bottom row 1u keys seem quite out of reach for me. For that reason, After I made a custom PCB for the Panc40 and the Neuron with greater than 1u keys on the bottom row, I decided to try a Planck with a similar layout. Another benefit of using greater than 1u keys on the bottom is that more novelties fit down there. For example, as an ortho user have you ever wanted to use an enter novelty? Now you can and if you are using SA, the row profile most likely won't be mismatched.

PCB Design:
bottom:

top:

artwork credit to Dasherby

Specs:
* QMK Compatible
* ESD protection
* through holes for adding RGB Underglow strips
* Alps can be used with an Alps plate
* One PCB for either Planck or Preonic
* No modifications need to be done if using with either Planck or Preonic
* VIA compat. - still a WIP
Photos:

Layouts:

Planck:

Preonic:

Plates:

Here are the carbon fiber plates that will be offered:

Standoffs and Mounting:

8 standoffs for the bottom of the PCB will be included. Planck uses 6 and the Preonic uses 5. If the order quantity is low, I'll be installing the standoffs myself based on the plate you choose. The screws fasten from the underside of the case, into the bottom of the standoffs and out through the top of the PCB and plate. Hex nuts then can be used to clamp the screws onto the plate. Please note that these hex nuts are optional if you are using standoffs soldered into the PCB. Inversely, you don't the standoffs if you are adhering the screws by the hex nuts on the plate. I recommend using the standoffs because in either 2.25u spacebar for the Planck, or 2.25u and 3u spacebar layouts for the Preonic, the switches interfere with the installation of the bottom row of hex nuts. However, since the PCB and plate are already secured with the screws into the standoffs, the absence of these two hex nuts has no impact on the usability or performance of the board.

Before installing in the case, please make sure the standoffs lay completely flat against the PCB.

GB Form

nasp:
Reserved If Needed

Fabi:
Am I the only one having problems with the group buy link?

nasp:

--- Quote from: Fabi on Tue, 29 December 2020, 09:55:46 ---Am I the only one having problems with the group buy link?

--- End quote ---

What issues are you having?

Also, mods, why is this on "Artisan Services"?

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: nasp on Tue, 29 December 2020, 14:22:21 ---Also, mods, why is this on "Artisan Services"?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: nasp on Tue, 29 December 2020, 08:46:54 ---If it hasn't been made clear, these are in-stock and shipping now:

--- End quote ---

This looks like a pretty straight-up product sale to me, rather than leveraging collective buying power to place an order with a fabricator. Maybe I'm missing something? Why would it be a GB rather than artisan sale? Not trying to be short or rude by this response at all, so apologies if it comes across that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version