Author Topic: [SPRiT] MX ALPS Springs/ LSS Lube/ Stabilizers/ Cherry RGB Clear (CLOSED!!!!!!!)  (Read 1287444 times)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
What is the difference between springs V1 and V2?
Hello!  Eszett    ;)

All the Standard Stainless springs are same since v1.0 - v1.2

The Gold plated springs : a bit different plating techniques have been applied.
Gold  v1.0   :  medium glossy
Gold  v1.1   :  high glossy
Gold  v1.2   :  soft glossy with New technics  &  added reinforced exceptional  ::)    surface smoothness.  (Need minimal lube !)
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2015, 12:12:51 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
Stab Wires Compared    -   4u,  5u,  6u,  6.25u,  6.25u

If You feel the Space bar wire is not comfortable with some keycaps (molds differ),
You can adjust and bend it's sides a bit.  it will fix the problem. 

101784-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 01:41:27 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Hello  Vehagn!   :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 01:35:20 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Cherry  Vintage Springs  :

101975-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 14:17:08 by sprit »

Offline Dog

• Bark
Tried out some of the heavier springs on a couple blue switches. I found I favored between 120-150. I'm wondering if 150 may be too much on a full board.

Going to try it anyways soon ;D
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2015, 02:18:21 by Dog »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Tried out some of the heavier springs on a couple blue switches. I found I favored between 120-150. I'm wondering if 150 may be too much on a full board.
Going to try it anyways soon ;D

Wow Krazy!!    120g~  150g  for MX Blues?   I am scared with Your fists.  ;) 

What would You say the feels of them?    :o   

102187-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2015, 06:36:00 by sprit »

Offline Dog

• Bark
I can try my best, but I'm not really a switch connoisseur.

Pressing the switch down slowly, the initial push has some heft, but goes down without too much effort. You then get to the tactile bump. If you go down further after the bump resistance slightly decreases initially and cushions. As I increased the spring resistance, the less pronounced the bump and change in resistance became.

I also think talking a bit about my use case may give a better picture where I'm coming from.

My starting point was clears because someone recommended them for typists. I noticed that the ergo clear mod was popular, so I wanted to give it I try. However, I did not find them satisfying at all. I thought I should stick with clears, but I had a friend who loved blues. I let him try my clear board, and he found the resistance of clears interesting. I also liked the idea of clicky switches, so I decided to try a "reverse ergo clear" mod. Greens may have been more appropriate, but I couldn't find enough information on green springs to know how they differed from clears. I also thought it'd be easy for me to get clear springs due to the popularity of the ergo clear mod, and the list on your post put clears higher than greens.

We both liked them a lot, and it became my favorite switch. The only thing was I constantly bottomed out, so I decided I wanted to pump up the resistance. What I'm trying to find right now is a sweet spot between the trade off for resistance and the tactile bump.

At the moment I'm on the fence between putting the springs in blues or clears (The switches I have right now). I'm worried clicky switches are too obnoxious for others at work.

I'm going to wait till my next board arrives to experiment further. Since I'm at the higher end, I'll probably start with 150g and work my way down to see what I favor.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2015, 13:50:26 by Dog »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
I was able to get a sampler from Sprit with a bunch of different weights, and I settled on 85g springs as the best point for me for clicky switches. The heavier weights were nice, but I think they would have been too fatiguing in the long run.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
I made a mistake in my order right now, I need PCB mount Gold Stabilizers 1 set (Gold Wires + Plastics) instead of plate mounted plastics! Can you change that for me, sprit?
... ...

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
I was able to get a sampler from Sprit with a bunch of different weights, and I settled on 85g springs as the best point for me for clicky switches. The heavier weights were nice, but I think they would have been too fatiguing in the long run.

Totally agree.   The 78, 85g, 100g with MX Clicky switches are good for my taste  for fun typing, or occasional happy typing.   ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 June 2015, 08:50:58 by sprit »

Offline Spaceman1200

Ordered and paid, cant wait to make me some ergo clears!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Where to Buy MX Clear SWs ?    >  MX Gray Tactiles

I found MX Clears are out of stock at most of stores in US.

You may check MX Gray Tactiles at  :   http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=59 

MX Gray Tactiles are higher pressure version of  MX Clears. (been used as a space bar switch)
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2015, 08:18:43 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Interesting Build log by Justify   

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72439.0

102555-0  102557-1
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 June 2015, 18:20:51 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
How to Remove SWs from the plate ?

Two wooden sticks with flatten head. 

102559-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 June 2015, 19:21:53 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
-   A New batch of  55g,  68g,  85g  v1.2 coming to me on Sat.

A bit late (a week) than expected,  due to the busy season for the factories. 
         I will post pics when it arrives.  Thanks for the People joined this GB. 

-   LSS Station is taking Orders for the 2nd Batch  (MOQ  20sets)

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.msg1746597#msg1746597 
         Order   >   Mod note: order link removed due to sprit being MIA.  Order from him at your own risk!      ship from June 22th ~

-   60% PCBs went to SMT soldering on 1st June.

102648-0 102670-1

« Last Edit: Tue, 24 January 2017, 17:38:58 by Moderation Team »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
The current progress updated   ;)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

-   A New batch of  55g,  68g,  85g  v1.2 coming to me on Sat.

A bit late (a week) than expected,  due to the busy season for the factories. 
         I will post pics when it arrives.  Thanks for the People joined this GB. 

-   LSS Station is taking Orders for the 2nd Batch  (MOQ  20sets)

Order   >  Mod note: order link removed due to sprit being MIA.  Order from him at your own risk! 

-   60% PCBs went to SMT soldering line on 1st June.

(Attachment Link)     (Attachment Link)

That Blue PCB looks nice  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 January 2017, 17:38:40 by Moderation Team »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline liekkronoa

Been ready to make an account here for days, this was the thread I needed to take that step. Thank you Sprit!  :thumb:

Offline LunarisDream

I've ordered everything I need for my first custom. Hopefully everything gets here on time since I'm leaving the country in a few months.  :blank:

Offline Invaderevan

Ordered some 62g goodies :D

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline Zukoi

• ****posting at 90wpm
I got my 62g and 65g springs in the mail today. The wait from Korean took forever but it was definitely worth it. My Poker 2 Blues were too light for me and the 65g springs added new life into them. It doesn't feel like a cheap toy anymore but they are still a bit light. I used the 62g springs for my ergo clears which is more like ergo greys, I plan to use them for my next project.

Offline FreeChemicals

Thanks sprit  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2015, 02:29:47 by FreeChemicals »

Offline LunarisDream

Show Image

Thanks sprit  :thumb:
Your image is, uh...

Not available.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
My order has left customs and is now closer than ever. Can't wait!  :cool:

Offline drrtyrokka

Submitted some light ones, hope this arrives soon :)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
I got my 62g and 65g springs in the mail today. The wait from Korean took forever but it was definitely worth it. My Poker 2 Blues were too light for me and the 65g springs added new life into them. It doesn't feel like a cheap toy anymore but they are still a bit light. I used the 62g springs for my ergo clears which is more like ergo greys, I plan to use them for my next project.

Thanks for Your Review!   ;)

I just guess Your description - 'not a cheap toy MX Blues anymore'  might means  ;  more stable, clear accentuated, less unnecessary redundant vibration. 
This guess is from my personal experiences,  naturally Not 100% sure about Yours.
I found my 50g, 55g MX Blues mods can be gentle, soft, quiet, delicate Blues. 
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 15:35:35 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

-   New batch of  55g,  65g,  68g,  85g  v1.2   came to me on 6th.

A bit late (a week) than expected,  due to the busy season at the factories. 
         Thanks for the People joined and waited for these. 

-   LSS Station is taking Orders for the 2nd Batch 
         Order   >   http://goo.gl/forms/Q6f7OtR5Al      ship from June 22th ~   (MOQ 20sets)

-   60% PCBs  produced nicely. 

103242-0 103248-1 103244-2 103246-3
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 15:36:11 by sprit »

Offline Muffin860

So is everything on the order form in stock or is this a group buy signup? Sorry. I'm a bit confused!
IBM Model M

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
So is everything on the order form in stock or is this a group buy signup? Sorry. I'm a bit confused!

Hello!   ;)
To respond faster,  when each stock running low, I do Interest Check, get orders and produce New batches.
The post above says the New batches of 55g  65g  68g  85g have produced. 
PPl have been waiting them for a month.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 13:04:30 by sprit »

Offline gogged

Hello!   ;)
To respond faster,  when each stock running low, I do interest check, get orders and produce New batches.
The post above says the New batches of 55g  65g  68g  85g have produced. 
PPl have been waiting them for a month.

Ah that makes sense. I just placed an order a few days back including 65g springs in it. Will there be enough in the stock that you just relieved or will I end up waiting for the next order? Also how long should I expect to wait for an invoice? Thanks!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
There are some extras.   ;)

103717-0 103719-1 103721-2 103725-3 
pics : rpeterclark     https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53618.msg1771544#msg1771544
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2015, 18:49:54 by sprit »

Offline gogged

Awesome! Thanks man!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
55g,  65g,  68g,  85g   -   New v1.2  Packed 

Too Thick Gold plated by the worker's fault  ;)    

103615-0  103617-1
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2015, 09:18:35 by sprit »

Offline agong8664

Placed an order. Thanks!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
55g & 60g  for the Ergo Clears  &  Linears

My 55g and 60g springs work nicely for the Ergo Clears.   Quick response without any sticking.   Been Tested since the V1.0.

103768-0    103770-1
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2015, 14:54:32 by sprit »

Offline bcredbottle

Is this completed? Is it going to happen again?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Is this completed? Is it going to happen again?
This is undergoing,  Extras are available.
THanks!   ;)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
I really look forward to receiving my order :)

I have a bunch of different spring weights, and going to test them out!

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline LunarisDream

I really look forward to receiving my order :)

I have a bunch of different spring weights, and going to test them out!
Same here. Everything else I ordered has arrived except for these springs and my soldering tools.

Offline phoenix1234

(Attachment Link)   (Attachment Link)

sprit, you are the king of gold plating on GH now.
Your gold-plated stuffs are really amazing.
 :thumb:
I like linear switches

Offline wlhlm

• ~

(Attachment Link)   (Attachment Link)

sprit, you are the king of gold plating on GH now.
Your gold-plated stuffs are really amazing.
 :thumb:
To be fair: Is there any competition?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
To be fair: Is there any competition?

Many in Korea, as You know.    ;)
But they are based on the narrow weight range and produced very little,  with the frequent changes of specs.

Appreciate You Guys in GH!    :thumb:
Your Wild wide range of Tastes have made this happen.   
That's why I enjoy new experiments among You Guys. 

* PS.  Gold color is Not my priority, but the Functionality.  If there is a blue metal, i'd be happy to try it out, even if it is radioactive.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 June 2015, 08:40:18 by sprit »

Offline primitiveType

It's been a while since I got them but just wanted to say thanks for the springs. I just put them in some gaterons and looking forward to having a variable weighted infinity ergodox when it comes  :p

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
Finally got some funds so I ordered gold-plated goodness from the extras!
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline LunarisDream

Can anyone chime in and tell me about how long it takes for this to ship after being invoiced?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Can anyone chime in and tell me about how long it takes for this to ship after being invoiced?

Usually it takes 2-3 days after the payment,  but due to the previous orders shipping,  it took ~7 days for recent weeks.

I know Yours has packed, it will shipped out in a couple of days.   ;)

Offline LunarisDream

Usually it takes 2-3 days after the payment,  but due to the previous orders shipping,  it took ~7 days for recent weeks.

I know Yours has packed, it will shipped out in a couple of days.   ;)
Alright, I appreciate the update. Thanks!

Offline brownsauce

Hey spirit,

Do you have any extra 62g and 55g gold plated springs? I placed an order already but I thought I'd ask you to check.

Offline gogged

Any update on shipping?