Author Topic: [GB] GMK Necro | Available on Originative.co  (Read 158687 times)

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

Re: [GB] GMK Necro | Available on Originative.co
« Reply #450 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:02:10 »
Emir, please pm me and sell me your Necro set. Although I have one on the way, if you're unhappy with the set you can get out of it with zero loss. If you're in a different country, I will pay the shipping to Los Angeles.

But please stop badgering Jessica (which is in fact, what you are doing). I don't know her. I only know Jessica from Plum. But makers are creative people and that's what we as a community should be encouraging, not discouraging, and that means cutting her a break if its not exactly what you or she had in mind. We are fortunate that this is also a community where you could sell your items at near cost. Because for every element you dislike, others may respond to.

I want more keycaps in the future, and the more makers you discourage and shut down with this type of behavior, the less innovations and new ideas we will get.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 November 2018, 04:08:07 by japanesehorrorwriter »

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #451 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:05:06 »
Well, I'll make one more post tonight.

So, to everyone who bought the set who might be concerned about the colours, especially because of the pictures posted, I'd like to give my absolute best effort to clear up how difficult these colours are to capture accurately.

These pictures were taken less than 5 minutes apart, in the same lighting conditions (in my bedroom, natural lighting only), no colour correction, taken with my iPhone 8.
The difference is simply the background colour:
Show Image
Show Image

I'm not saying my pictures are by any means accurate, these are simply to demonstrate how much variance there is in the exact same conditions, changing literally just the background colour.

And Emir, please never purchase anything I make ever again. It will save both of us a lot of grief. Months of your pedantry isn't worth the few dollars I earn from your purchase. No need to respond to me, please just sell your set in classifieds or r/mechmarket and get your money back, and find a different keyset to use.

I’m really hoping the set looks better in person. I love the initial design.

However, why approve a sample that goes under a full color transformation based on minimal environmental changes. Essentially, if we don’t have a dark keeb and perfect lighting it will not look like the renders. It can potentially go from looking great to looking like **** based on minor light changes or the time of the day. I can’t think of any GMK set that does this.

Wasn’t there a lesson learned from Plum to test the samples under various lighting? How was this color transformation based on minor light changes not a concern when you approved the samples?
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:09:18 by Nzo »

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #452 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:26:22 »
Emir, please pm me and sell me your Necro set. I have one on the way, and I dont have the energy to read the entire post, but if you're unhappy with the set you can get out of it with zero loss. If you're in a different country, I will pay the shipping to Los Angeles.

But please stop badgering Jessica (which is in fact, what you are doing). I don't know her. I only know Jessica from Plum. But makers are creative people and that's what we as a community should be encouraging, not discouraging, and that means cutting her a break if its not exactly what you or she had in mind. We are fortunate that this is also a community where you could sell your items at near cost. Because for every element you dislike, others may respond to.

I want more keycaps in the future, and the more makers you discourage and shut down with this type of behavior, the less innovations and new ideas we will get.

^^^ This

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #453 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:39:14 »
Emir, please pm me and sell me your Necro set. I have one on the way, and I dont have the energy to read the entire post, but if you're unhappy with the set you can get out of it with zero loss. If you're in a different country, I will pay the shipping to Los Angeles.

I took japanesehorrorwriter up on his offer and I no longer own GMK Necro with only paypal fee losses on my end.

To summarize my final thoughts - the set is not a bad looking one, but it simply wasn't what I signed up for. For everyone waiting for their sets, I hope it is to your liking.

Have a great evening everyone!

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #454 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:45:26 »

Well said, I didn't take part in this group buy, but my feelings are exactly that of japanesehorrorwriter's.  :thumb:

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #455 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 19:48:33 »
Wasn’t there a lesson learned from Plum to test the samples under various lighting? How was this color transformation based on minor light changes not a concern when you approved the samples?

Biggest lesson to learn from plum: Don't support jessicas sets unless you want to be in for a colour surprise due to their arrogance as a gb runner.

Just read this https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/75rjz9/gb_gmk_necro/do8j6rd/  :thumb:

reading through this thread and its almost painful to see you defending the colours as if its all good and fine  :p

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #456 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 20:26:15 »
Also, the people PMinG me about the instagram photos and how unsatisfied you aRe, why don't you voice your own opinions in the thread? I won't name anyone, but multiple people messaged mE their opinions but want me to get all the pitchforks in their stead after seeing my last posts unfold. Stand for your own opinion instead, it's kind of pathetic that you trY to hide behind me.

For reasons unknown, many users here are unable to speak tHeir opinions outside of private chats.

One of the mAny mysteries of the mechanical keyboard communiTy.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Daellin

« Reply #457 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 20:49:14 »
I think the alpha colors are pretty close, if not on point even with the poor lighting with pics.

My only concern is the modifier colors, to which they seem more darker grey, even navy-ish rather than a lighter grey depicted on renders. Regardless I don't think it warrants any certain behavior coming from certain people.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #458 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 21:07:56 »
Now I get why back then Mito took the extra mile and booked his flight to Germany to check on the real Laser sample. I always thought that was redundant somehow but now it all comes clear to me. Not that I'm saying that should be something every gb's runner should do because that just takes a lot of resources and too unrealistic to even carry something out of that caliber. But that is just to say not even this nor Phantom, nothing has ever come as close to render as Laser. No wonder why that set got all its popularity...
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2018, 21:47:28 by otanishock »

Offline Eric404atx

« Reply #459 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 21:59:39 »
Now I get why back then Mito took the extra mile and booked his flight to Germany to check on the real Laser sample. I always thought that was redundant somehow but now it all comes clear to me. Not that I'm saying that should be something every gb's runner should do because that just takes a lot of resources and too unrealistic to even carry something out of that caliber. But that is just to say not even this nor Phantom, nothing has ever come as close to render as Laser. No wonder why that set got all its popularity...

Although a flight to Germany may not be easy for everyone nether is a $200 keyset. I am not hating on the outcome or what the pictures show I am excited to get my set, however for a $35,000+ MOQ it seems reasonable for a trip. Idk maybe it's just me...

Offline fireworm

« Reply #460 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 22:27:38 »

Although a flight to Germany may not be easy for everyone nether is a $200 keyset. I am not hating on the outcome or what the pictures show I am excited to get my set, however for a $35,000+ MOQ it seems reasonable for a trip. Idk maybe it's just me...
$35k GROSS. Not profit, right?

Offline freespam

« Reply #461 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 22:31:22 »
I think the alpha colors are pretty close, if not on point even with the poor lighting with pics.

My only concern is the modifier colors, to which they seem more darker grey, even navy-ish rather than a lighter grey depicted on renders. Regardless I don't think it warrants any certain behavior coming from certain people.

Yeah those were really throwing me off.  On the upside they might actually look better on my case\  :cool:

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #462 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 22:35:52 »
And Emir, please never purchase anything I make ever again. It will save both of us a lot of grief. Months of your pedantry isn't worth the few dollars I earn from your purchase. No need to respond to me, please just sell your set in classifieds or r/mechmarket and get your money back, and find a different keyset to use.

Guys why are we bashing on Emir? I mean I'm not siding with anyone, but I think the guy has all rights to be mad if the set didn't turn out the way it was advertised to him. It's not like Jessica offered him a free set. Dude paid close to $200 for it out of his pocket. Also the fact that Jessica kept reminding everyone that everything was fine, everything was perfect, everything matched up perfectly when nothing didn't certainly (according to him, which, judging from his photo, was very valid) made it felt like dude was being lied to. Flashback to Violet Tendencies, I remember there was an issue with the contrast of the legends and the mods. Voxicles was very opened about it and issued apologies to everyone joining his GB and offered to buy back any set people didn't like. I don't recall anyone has ever returned a set. I am sure this community is very forgiving and are very willing to provide help and support if things go south like what we did with Tendencies, but if you screwed it up, you owed your supporters at least an apology, not treating them like the way Emir was treated. I just think the way Jessica reacted was a little bit too childish. Especially when she said this. You have to remember, above all the active GB's running at that time, he decided to CHOOSE and SUPPORT your project. That alone, should earn him respect from the GB's runner. Basically telling him if he doesn't want the set, he can gtfo and find a place to get rid of it just sounds horribly wrong to me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2018, 22:51:13 by bdkrzy »

Offline Eric404atx

« Reply #463 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 22:49:21 »

Guys why are we bashing on Emir? I mean I'm not siding with anyone, but I think the guy has all rights to be mad if the set didn't turn out the way it was advertised to him. It's not like Jessica offered him a free set. Dude paid close to $200 for it out of his pocket. Also the fact that Jessica kept reminding everyone that everything was fine, everything was perfect, everything matched up perfectly when nothing didn't certainly (according to him, which, judging from his photo, was very valid) made it felt like dude was being lied to. Flashback to Violet Tendencies, I remember there was an issue with the contrast of the legends and the mods. Voxicles was very opened about it and issued apologies to everyone joining his GB and offered to buy back any set they don't like. I don't recall anyone has ever returned their set. I am sure this community is very forgiving and are very willing to provide help and support if things don't turn out right like what we did with Tendencies. But if you screwed it up, you owed your supporters at least an apology, not treating them like the way she treated Emir. I just think the way Jessica reacted was a little bit too childish. Especially when she said this. You have to remember, of all the active GB's running at that time, he decided to CHOOSE and SUPPORT your project. That alone, should earn him respect from the GB's runner. Basically telling him if he doesn't want the set, he can gtfo and find a place to get rid of it just sounds horribly wrong to me.

^^^ This. If you are putting your name on something it doesn't matter the criticism you get you should still respect your customers especially the ones who bought your product. I am not hating on the color, it's different than I expected by the images I've seen so far but I think I will be okay with it. I just know I would take criticism as an opportunity for improvement like most businesses... When do you see Target or Walmart ganging up on their customer for a bad review?

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #464 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 23:22:58 »

I have no dog in this fight, but are you comparing mito taking a flight for a keyset that grossed almost 450,000 dollars to someone taking a flight for a set that likely grossed <10% of that. And that's a gross number, not net. It wouldn't be financially feasible to take a trip out there for every set that GMK runs for this community. Especially for people not already in Europe.

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #465 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 23:29:00 »

Guys why are we bashing on Emir? I mean I'm not siding with anyone, but I think the guy has all rights to be mad if the set didn't turn out the way it was advertised to him. It's not like Jessica offered him a free set. Dude paid close to $200 for it out of his pocket. Also the fact that Jessica kept reminding everyone that everything was fine, everything was perfect, everything matched up perfectly when nothing didn't certainly (according to him, which, judging from his photo, was very valid) made it felt like dude was being lied to. Flashback to Violet Tendencies, I remember there was an issue with the contrast of the legends and the mods. Voxicles was very opened about it and issued apologies to everyone joining his GB and offered to buy back any set they don't like. I don't recall anyone has ever returned their set. I am sure this community is very forgiving and are very willing to provide help and support if things don't turn out right like what we did with Tendencies. But if you screwed it up, you owed your supporters at least an apology, not treating them like the way she treated Emir. I just think the way Jessica reacted was a little bit too childish. Especially when she said this. You have to remember, of all the active GB's running at that time, he decided to CHOOSE and SUPPORT your project. That alone, should earn him respect from the GB's runner. Basically telling him if he doesn't want the set, he can gtfo and find a place to get rid of it just sounds horribly wrong to me.

^^^ This. If you are putting your name on something it doesn't matter the criticism you get you should still respect your customers especially the ones who bought your product. I am not hating on the color, it's different than I expected by the images I've seen so far but I think I will be okay with it. I just know I would take criticism as an opportunity for improvement like most businesses... When do you see Target or Walmart ganging up on their customer for a bad review?

I think most people have valid points in this thread. Customers have every right to be unhappy and producers have the right to explain/address any concerns. What's unfortunate is when people take things too far and attack/make it personal (not saying this was just one person). Everyone is allowed to voice their opinions, that is what this thread is for, but people need to allow for explanations or allow the other party to try and rectify the situation before taking it to another level.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #466 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 23:52:35 »
I have no dog in this fight, but are you comparing mito taking a flight for a keyset that grossed almost 450,000 dollars to someone taking a flight for a set that likely grossed <10% of that. And that's a gross number, not net. It wouldn't be financially feasible to take a trip out there for every set that GMK runs for this community. Especially for people not already in Europe.

Did you literally not read what I just said? I was just appreciating Mito's huge effort, not suggesting any gb's runner should do the same thing he did. You literally just rephrased what I just said, but worse. Please, allow me to recap it for you: Not that I'm saying that should be something every gb's runner should do because that just takes a lot of resources and too unrealistic to even carry something out of that caliber
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2018, 23:55:25 by otanishock »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #467 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 07:47:30 »
One final shot before selling it off, enjoy your sets everyone.

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #468 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 09:40:26 »

Did you literally not read what I just said? I was just appreciating Mito's huge effort, not suggesting any gb's runner should do the same thing he did. You literally just rephrased what I just said, but worse. Please, allow me to recap it for you: Not that I'm saying that should be something every gb's runner should do because that just takes a lot of resources and too unrealistic to even carry something out of that caliber
Sure I did. And of course it makes it look like I didn't since you edited your post after I made my comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #469 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 09:48:59 »

Sure I did. And of course it makes it look like I didn't since you edited your post after I made my comment.

Smurkcity « Reply #464 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 23:22:58 »

21 vs 23. Hmmm....

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #470 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 09:52:36 »

21 vs 23. Hmmm....

Lol somebody just got EXPOSED lmao  :)) :)) :))

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #471 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 11:53:55 »

21 vs 23. Hmmm....

Lol somebody just got EXPOSED lmao  :)) :)) :))

Without a doubt, when I started to make my comment the current quote is not what I was replying to. Those timestamps are right during my kids bed time. So it was something that I remarked on, and during that time Otainshock edited his original comment to reflect the same  sentiment I shared.

But I digress. The topic of this thread is necro. If people aren't happy with the end product, there's a reason the mods mention caveat emptor on every GB...

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #472 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 12:28:42 »
Show Image

That looks pretty nice.  :cool:
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #473 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 14:36:13 »

Looking pretty nice, and looking like the renders are 2 completely separate things though.  I'd be pissed to if I was buying in on this set, and it came out the way it did. 

I'm sorry, but now Jessica has run 2 GBs where the renders are completely different than the final product.  That would make me caution anything she puts out in the future with a very heavy hand.  Not to mention her attitude to one of her customers is pretty sour.  Not a way I'd want to handle that situation personally.
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #474 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 14:43:14 »

Looking pretty nice, and looking like the renders are 2 completely separate things though.  I'd be pissed to if I was buying in on this set, and it came out the way it did. 

I'm sorry, but now Jessica has run 2 GBs where the renders are completely different than the final product.  That would make me caution anything she puts out in the future with a very heavy hand.  Not to mention her attitude to one of her customers is pretty sour.  Not a way I'd want to handle that situation personally.

Imagine typing all this because someone said something nice.

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #475 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 14:58:20 »

This was my sentiment exactly. Although the set might not turn out to be as BAD, and it's likely some people would hopefully grow to like it like what we saw with Solarized Dark (although for me that set was still a complete major letdown), for the majority of us, like if you don't tell me they are both GMK Necro, I would straight up tell you these are two completely different set. I will wait for other to post pictures of their set to have a better look of the alphas and the mods, but as of right now, the color of the alphas definitely do not appeal at all to me, and I will not pick up the extras on OCO if this is the case.

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #476 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 15:14:15 »
Also, just want to add this. Set makers, people like Tomberry, Zambumon, Oblotzky, Mito, Jessica, etc., you guys are a blessing to our community. We will not be where we are today without you guys. The work that you people have put in has always been such a blast to look at and I can't thank you guys enough. But us, your supporters, we deserve respect as well. Our concerns regards your work are nothing but constructive and should at least be considered to a certain degree, even if just a passing thought. I'm not implying anything, I just wish this kind of experience that Emir and some of us went through does not happen again in the future.

Offline rondg

« Reply #477 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 15:45:19 »
Anyone not liking there keyset? I would like to buy one. I really like how it looks based on the posted pictures.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #478 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 16:24:35 »
bleh..
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 November 2018, 19:53:23 by lakeboredom »

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #479 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 17:40:28 »

Imagine replying to me, trying to White Knight in a thread just because she's a girl...

I said this on reddit, and I'll say it again here.  If the designer of this set was a guy, and the situations were EXACTLY the same, with another GB previously that came out nothing like the renders, everyone would be royally upset.  Not to mention if the designer basically told someone "tough luck" after spending a large chunk of money on the kit to have it not come out anywhere close to what they thought they were buying?  Everyone would be having a hissy fit.

Her attitude is crap at best in response to a problem she obviously knew about.  If her vision was to have it come out like it did in person, she should have communicated that from the beginning and updated the renders.  Instead, she stuck to the renders and they are nothing like the final product.

I, like many people appreciate a designer's hard work, but her attitude is not helping her at all....

none of the posts quoted in my reply have anything to do with the designer of this set. someone literally just said "looks nice" and you wrote a novel about why they should actually be mad instead of thinking it's nice lol. also "white knighting" lmao you're literally the only person who is bringing gender into this

really tho my guy please point to literally anywhere i've even defended jessica's behaviour or the outcome of the colours of the set in this thread
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 November 2018, 17:43:25 by fendent »

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #480 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 17:45:30 »

Wow! This set came out awesome! After seeing the photos now I regret not jumping on this GB.

Great job Jessica!

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #481 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 17:50:11 »

Imagine replying to me, trying to White Knight in a thread just because she's a girl...

I said this on reddit, and I'll say it again here.  If the designer of this set was a guy, and the situations were EXACTLY the same, with another GB previously that came out nothing like the renders, everyone would be royally upset.  Not to mention if the designer basically told someone "tough luck" after spending a large chunk of money on the kit to have it not come out anywhere close to what they thought they were buying?  Everyone would be having a hissy fit.

Her attitude is crap at best in response to a problem she obviously knew about.  If her vision was to have it come out like it did in person, she should have communicated that from the beginning and updated the renders.  Instead, she stuck to the renders and they are nothing like the final product.

I, like many people appreciate a designer's hard work, but her attitude is not helping her at all....

none of the posts quoted in my reply have anything to do with the designer of this set. someone literally just said "looks nice" and you wrote a novel about why they should actually be mad instead of thinking it's nice lol. also "white knighting" lmao you're literally the only person who is bringing gender into this

really tho my guy please point to literally anywhere i've even defended jessica's behaviour or the outcome of the colours of the set in this thread

Imagine typing all this because someone said something tru

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #482 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 17:56:47 »
well this turned out like crap i was kicking my self for not joining now im relived.

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #483 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 17:57:19 »

Wow! This set came out awesome! After seeing the photos now I regret not jumping on this GB.

Great job Jessica!

https://www.originativeco.com/products/necro

Feel free my friend. I'm sure OCO would be so thrilled to off-load these to you  :))

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #484 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 18:01:55 »
One final shot before selling it off, enjoy your sets everyone.
Show Image

wow that's basically the render /s

Anyway for future GBs, can we stop matching sets with pantone and let GMK match the color with renders (since everyone later is pissed that the set doesn't match the render)? 
Pantone doesn't cover every color, in fact it is pretty poor on some colors (e.g. dark purple). Also some colors are really different on plastic vs paper/renders and really lights-dependent. 
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 November 2018, 18:28:50 by KaosJ »

Offline freespam

« Reply #485 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 18:25:00 »
This was my interpretation of the samples.

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #486 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 18:53:41 »

Imagine typing all this because someone said something tru

I don't actually disagree with a lot of what is being said, except for the way some people are deciding to go about it (and some weird ass accusations of white knighting). I'm sure I'll be happy with the results but I totally get why people would be upset about the differences from the render.

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #487 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 19:09:26 »

Show Image

One of the proposed colors is completely missing D:

Where did the grey go? Renders had 4 colors but actual set only has 3?

??
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
[GB] GMK Necro | Available on Originative.co
« Reply #488 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 19:47:06 »

Show Image

One of the proposed colors is completely missing D:

Where did the grey go? Renders had 4 colors but actual set only has 3?

??

I also wonder about this. It's almost like they used darker variations of the samples, and dropped one of the colors.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #489 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 21:37:53 »
That sample grey was perfect, was it not? I have a feeling GMK was told to use the wrong colors, and this is all being played off as intentional.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #490 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 22:09:45 »
That sample grey was perfect, was it not? I have a feeling GMK was told to use the wrong colors, and this is all being played off as intentional.
Or last minute someone decided to use 3 colors instead of 4 to make a quick buck because it would be cheaper to use 3 colors. If the set didn't sell well, I could see oco (not Jessica) making this decision... The mod color looks awfully like the alpha legends.
This of course, is solely my conspiracy theory a d I am not making any accusations.

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #491 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 22:30:22 »
Looks like this set was wildly oversaturated, similar to plum. The colors look similar to the render once pulled back.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #492 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 23:32:17 »
Looks like this set was wildly oversaturated, similar to plum. The colors look similar to the render once pulled back.

Oof that seems pretty on point.

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #493 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 00:04:13 »
Imagine having to use Photoshop to make your keyset look right

Offline gnunin

« Reply #494 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 00:45:44 »

Still too blue mods imo. I exptected grey mods, not navy.

This set really went the same road as Plum. Have a nice muted set on renders & then increase saturation with 200% on the final product. This really is not the set I ordered. So disappointed.

Offline mtat51

« Reply #495 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 01:08:42 »
This is insane, how can she diverge so much from the renders she sold everyone on? Is there anything we can do now, knowing how poor the outcome is?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #496 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 01:27:04 »
Hi, I am here to defend Jessica.  :))

To be fair, the mods only get the blue hue under studio lighting, ptherwise, they are more towards gray/purple.

Here, I took one in what I assume Jessicas bedroom lighting conditions might be and the set looks "closer"; even though it's still off (pitch black room and with an iPhone, only explanation for Jessica misisng the colors by so much):

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
« Reply #497 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 01:56:15 »
https://i.imgur.com/la627UY.png

expectations

vs

reality

Cannot say this is a monitor calibration issue either lol
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #498 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 02:13:53 »

Show Image

You know, that actually seems to be what's going on, I wonder if somehow there was a miscommunication somewhere or something else happened to the chosen colors.

In regards to the direction the thread has been going the past few pages: Everyone taking part in the GB is entitled to express their opinion on the state of the set, but I see many comments that could stand to be much more polite about what they're saying, from both sides of this. It serves no purpose to be rude or accusatory in any of the conversation that's going on here and only results in derailing and diluting of the thread. At the moment, it would do everyone well to be patient while we hear from more people getting the set and waiting for more of the whole picture to reveal itself.

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #499 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 02:19:54 »

Show Image

:thumb:awesome guy, that is why necro looks weird.
I just want to know who made the accident, jessica or GMK?
Matrix: 1.0 x10 | 1.2 x8 | 2.0 x20 | 2.2 x3 | 2.0 Ver Xmas x2 | Abel x12 | Abel VD x5 | Abel VC | Cain x2 | Mona x5 | Matrix Ti | ProjectFF
Percent: Canoe x6 | Skog x4 | Canoe FE x4 | Skog Lite x2
EVE: Moon x5 | Mira | Mira SE | Meteor x2
Equalz: Zero x4 | Zero.9 EE x7 | Mountain x5 | One x4 | Zero.9 Ti
FOX: Leaf TKL x2 | Time x2 | Orange TKL x2    
TGR: Jane V2 | Jane V2 Ver CE    RAMA: U80A
FMJ TKL x4 | Jer80 x4 | Jermini | Camp C225 x7 | Evil80 x6 |  Evil82 x2 | Mech27 | DolchCR x2 | Triangle x2 | Square x2 | Mars TKL