Author Topic: [Closed] GMK 8008 | COMPLETE  (Read 82001 times)

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
Re: [Closed] GMK 8008 | SHIPPING
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 17:46:08 »
thanks mr dixie

Show Image

what board is that?
singa pc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dannyny

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 18:51:14 »
thanks! 75%?

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 12:28:34 »

Offline nettoxx7

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 13:02:08 »
Cant wait for the extras to be available, the aftermarket price is ridiculous !

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 13:23:35 »
regretting my RAMA purchases with this kit... I want it now  :'(!  but yeah, glad to see them out in the wild

Offline rondg

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 05:27:31 »
Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't find any news on the RAMA artisans? Any news on those?

EDIT: Nevermind.. It still hasn't arrived  :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2020, 05:45:39 by rondg »

Offline dibkib

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 03:06:33 »
I really loved the concept behind GMK 8008, and I was so excited when it arrived. I appreciate the efforts that went into making this kit, the packaging and the artisans and deskmats being offered. However, this set does not match the renders accurately, and I can't help but feel disappointed. After receiving Vaporwave I was looking forward to another bright and fun set, but the light grey of the alphas is quite a lot darker than the renders, and the pink is not neon at all (I'm especially sad about that), which makes this set more average-looking than it should have been.

If this runs again, I hope the colour-matching will be more accurate.

Offline 28.8kbps

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 05:52:25 »
I really loved the concept behind GMK 8008, and I was so excited when it arrived. I appreciate the efforts that went into making this kit, the packaging and the artisans and deskmats being offered. However, this set does not match the renders accurately, and I can't help but feel disappointed. After receiving Vaporwave I was looking forward to another bright and fun set, but the light grey of the alphas is quite a lot darker than the renders, and the pink is not neon at all (I'm especially sad about that), which makes this set more average-looking than it should have been.

I’ll happily buy it off you for retail :)

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 13:17:12 »

This was the main reason I immediately sold my kits when they arrived. I won't go as far to say this is a Necro scenario but the set is pretty off from what as advertised in the renders.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 14:35:19 »

This was the main reason I immediately sold my kits when they arrived. I won't go as far to say this is a Necro scenario but the set is pretty off from what as advertised in the renders.

The posted photos on Reddit appear lifeless when compared to the vibrance of the renders. I get these are not professionally color corrected photos so I'll continue waiting for my set to compare and contrast.

Offline kidpid

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 14:48:05 »
The posted photos on Reddit appear lifeless when compared to the vibrance of the renders. I get these are not professionally color corrected photos so I'll continue waiting for my set to compare and contrast.

I would say that "lifeless" is an accurate description of the pink when compared to the renders. I had forgotten what the renders looked like, but looking at my set right now, the pink is nowhere near as vibrant as the pink in the renders. The light gray is a bit dark, too, and has a bit more blue to it (in certain lighting conditions) than the renders.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 April 2020, 14:49:51 by kidpid »

Offline MrCoolPants

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 15:06:46 »
yeah ngl the colors on the alphas and the pink really disappointed me. oh well, it's honestly not as bad as some other sets turned out.

Offline dibkib

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 15:18:24 »

Yeah, agreed on the Necro sentiment. I’m gonna give it time so see if I grow to like it, but I might just sell it.

I received my set last week, so my opinion was based on the actual product and what it looked like under different types of light, rather than what Reddit had to offer. If anything, the pictures I’ve seen have made it look less lifeless than it really is...

Offline Nautilian

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 16:03:38 »

Yeah, agreed on the Necro sentiment. I’m gonna give it time so see if I grow to like it, but I might just sell it.

I received my set last week, so my opinion was based on the actual product and what it looked like under different types of light, rather than what Reddit had to offer. If anything, the pictures I’ve seen have made it look less lifeless than it really is...

Happy to take it off you, if you decide to sell!  :thumb:

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 06:15:23 »
I assume the extras will be available soon on vendors,  because the GB is shipping?

Offline nappis

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 06:50:27 »
I assume the extras will be available soon on vendors,  because the GB is shipping?
I've yet to receive my 8008 but I'm selling it when I get it.
Going to sell base kit + accent kit together. I haven't decided whether to keep deskmat or sell it.

Selling these with group buy prices. Reply if your interested.

These will be sent from Finland.

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 07:10:11 »
I've yet to receive my 8008 but I'm selling it when I get it.
Going to sell base kit + accent kit together. I haven't decided whether to keep deskmat or sell it.

Selling these with group buy prices. Reply if your interested.

These will be sent from Finland.

Check pm

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 23:29:01 »
RAMA did us a great favor and shipped out the silicone caps that are ready so we can start shipping! We should receive those next week and will ship out ASAP. We would like to apologize about the delay on these caps. We have learned from this first run of these caps in a new material and will be applying changes to our system because of this. Thank you so much for your patience and support of this project. 

Offline G562

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 16:11:43 »
Any chance this ever comes back? or is anyone selling a full set?

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 06:33:34 »

Yesterday the extra's went live on the EU vendor (mykeyboard.eu). I think they are all sold out, but this is only for EU residents.

I haven't seen anything on other vendors but you can subcribe for updates at https://dixiemech.com/gmk8008

Offline G562

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 16:23:29 »

Yesterday the extra's went live on the EU vendor (mykeyboard.eu). I think they are all sold out, but this is only for EU residents.

I haven't seen anything on other vendors but you can subcribe for updates at https://dixiemech.com/gmk8008

Thanks, I went ahead and signed up. Hopefully it comes back one day.

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 15:38:01 »
We have finally shipped out all the remaining orders that weer waiting on the RAMA Swirl caps!

The only orders left are a handful of address errors that we are having to correct. We may reach out to if we can't get it to verify.

We also have some packages that are packed and ready to go, but cannot be shipped due to countries suspending shipments because of COVID-19. These will be shipped once the countries open back up.

Thank you to everyone for the incredible patience and support on this project. Sign up for our Insider Club to be notified when extras will be available. This is the only place you will be notified before they are posted. https://insider.dixiemech.com

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 22:25:18 »
We have finally shipped out all the remaining orders that weer waiting on the RAMA Swirl caps!

The only orders left are a handful of address errors that we are having to correct. We may reach out to if we can't get it to verify.

We also have some packages that are packed and ready to go, but cannot be shipped due to countries suspending shipments because of COVID-19. These will be shipped once the countries open back up.

Thank you to everyone for the incredible patience and support on this project. Sign up for our Insider Club to be notified when extras will be available. This is the only place you will be notified before they are posted. https://insider.dixiemech.com

Awesome, thank you for the update. I signed up.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [Closed] GMK 8008 | COMPLETE
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 18:24:41 »

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 05:54:16 »
Show Image

Show Image

I'm new to this hobby. Sadly, i'm late to the party. Any chance for R2?

Offline Stev!e

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 01:03:51 »
A second round would be nice :D

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 03:00:13 »
Yes! R2 Please!