Author Topic: [IC] GMK CYL Deathly Queen | 2024 GB?  (Read 83452 times)

Offline Tyson

[IC] GMK CYL Deathly Queen | 2024 GB?
« on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 22:52:35 »

Hey Geekhack!
Today I present to you GMK Deathly Queen! You may have previously seen an IC for this set on here, I took it down because I was not happy with the original design so I reworked the set! Changed the kitting, adjusted the sublegends and added a "Novelty" Kit! The set will feature 6 custom pantone colors and feature a Katakana sublegend base kit. My reasoning for the Katakana is because a lot of the names in Jojo are borrowed words, so Katakana was very fitting for the theme! The Novelty kit features a signature katakana character "Go" twice, when used in succession as an onomatopoeia it is associated as "Menacing" which has become popular in the Jojo series typically whenever a villain is around. I hope you enjoy this IC and have a good rest of your day!

2023 Updated Feedback Form: IC Form

Kits

Renders

Ikki68 by Wuque Studio
More

Rosa by Oggi
More

Frog by Geonworks
More

Onyx by Funderburker
More

Check for Updates on my Discord

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113597.0][img width=400 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/CId3Cd6.png[/img]
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 November 2023, 01:18:52 by Tyson »

Offline Shoobs

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:00:33 »
My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:04:33 »
My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Offline dkFAKE

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:05:31 »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:07:23 »
those menacing novelties are on point

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:11:34 »

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:13:04 »

Offline realezi_

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:17:36 »

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:28:31 »
IM READY

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:37:11 »

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:53:34 »
Base kit is beautiful :chefkiss:

Offline Novafish

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:58:15 »

Offline NivlakN

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:05:03 »

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:22:11 »
Would like to see better novelties which are more indicative of the theme of the set. My wife is a huge jojo fan and I would love to grab this for her, except that, beyond the menacing novelty, I'm not sure she would even recognize what the set is trying to do. The only other novelty, "click", is already associated with input devices, so I dont think she would even notice it is jojo inspired.

Would like to see novelties added/changed to be more like other anime sets which really borrow from the show/manga. Something like an "Oh! My! God!" key, or "to be continued" with or without the arrow, whatever is possible. Maybe even the killer queen skull emblem, since the set is named after killer queen.

As of now, we just have a TON of "menacing"/gogo novelties... not enough to make me want to purchase tbh. Thanks for reading :)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Dandy

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:28:33 »
Aight so just buy 6 nov kits to replace all the alphas to create the most menacing board on the planet. Would love to see some in the alpha color, because I'm seriously considering this  ;D

I'd imagine the lack of other novs is an effort to stay above board in terms of IP, imo the ゴゴゴゴ is more than enough to recognize the set as Jojo.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:30:39 »
Would like to see better novelties which are more indicative of the theme of the set. My wife is a huge jojo fan and I would love to grab this for her, except that, beyond the menacing novelty, I'm not sure she would even recognize what the set is trying to do. The only other novelty, "click", is already associated with input devices, so I dont think she would even notice it is jojo inspired.

Would like to see novelties added/changed to be more like other anime sets which really borrow from the show/manga. Something like an "Oh! My! God!" key, or "to be continued" with or without the arrow, whatever is possible. Maybe even the killer queen skull emblem, since the set is named after killer queen.

As of now, we just have a TON of "menacing"/gogo novelties... not enough to make me want to purchase tbh. Thanks for reading :)

Trying to come up with any novelties that didn't toe the grey area of IP for this was some what difficult, with that being said I will take your ideas into consideration. I really would like to run this and not risk any chance of infringing anything.

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:39:21 »
I like it!

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:41:19 »

Would like to see novelties added/changed to be more like other anime sets which really borrow from the show/manga. Something like an "Oh! My! God!" key, or "to be continued" with or without the arrow, whatever is possible. Maybe even the killer queen skull emblem, since the set is named after killer queen.

Trying to come up with any novelties that didn't toe the grey area of IP for this was some what difficult, with that being said I will take your ideas into consideration. I really would like to run this and not risk any chance of infringing anything.
Ah that makes sense, thanks. I'll be watching either way ;)

Offline stellaidoscope

• Stellaidoscope
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 02:30:47 »

Offline engyshow

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 03:54:36 »

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 04:20:00 »
Watashi no na wa Kira Yoshikage. Renrei sanjyuu sansai. Jitaku wa Morioh-cho hokuto no bu no bessojidai ni ari, kekkon wa shiite-inai. Shigoto wa Kame-yu chen-ten no kai sha-in de, maiinichi osokuto mo yoru hachii-ji made ni wa kitakusuru. Tabaco-o wa sumanai, sake wa tashinamu-tedo, yoru juu-ichi ji ni wa toko nitsukii, kanarazu hajii-jikan wa suii-min o toru yo-o ni shiiteiru. Neru mae ni at-ta-kae miruuku o nomi ni-juu pun hodo no suutorechi de karada o homu-****e kara toko nitsuku-to hodon do asa made jukusui-sa. Akanbo no yo ni hiro ya suutoresu o noku sazu nii asa me o samaserunda. Kenko-o shintan de mo ijyo na****o iwaretaiyo. Watashi wa tsune nii kokoro o heion o ne-gate ik-terun ningen toyukoto o setsumei-****e-iru no dai-yo. Kachi make ni koda wa-tari, atama o kakaeruyoo na torabuuruu to ka, yoru mo nemurenai to ita teki o tsukuranai. Toyuu no ga watashii no shakai ni taisuru shise de ari, sorega jibun no kofuku da to toyuukoto o ****eiru. Mo-tomo tatakatte da to****emo, watashi wa dare ni mo makenn ga ne.

Offline P103

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 06:00:47 »
D4C next?

Offline stacksofkeyboards

• Stackskb
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 06:29:13 »

Offline Swishy

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 06:44:25 »
Any chance of getting 3 key support for 40s???

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 07:03:20 »
Kitting is pretty good although I would like to see some changes. 2 3u spacebars would be nice, and adding 3 key 40s is pretty cheap but adds a lot of support. Also I feel like the novelty kit is kinda uninspired. I would like to see more designs and include 1.5u and 1.25u keys for r4.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 08:20:59 »
Im sleep deprived and i amm not having a good monring
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline washwashtree

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:35:34 »

Offline washwashtree

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:36:19 »
3 key support for 40s would be very much appreciated.

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:46:11 »
Im sleep deprived and i amm not having a good monring

im sorry treeleaf get some sleep and have a good day  :thumb:

Offline Tyson

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:59:14 »
Kitting is pretty good although I would like to see some changes. 2 3u spacebars would be nice, and adding 3 key 40s is pretty cheap but adds a lot of support. Also I feel like the novelty kit is kinda uninspired. I would like to see more designs and include 1.5u and 1.25u keys for r4.

This is definitely something I can look into if more people are interested. I have yet to run any 40s support in any of my GMK sets. There will not be any additional kits but I can definitely look at adding stuff to the current kits if need be.

As for the comment about novelties, there was definitely inspiration in making what I have right now, I've also explained my reasoning for not making more in a previous comment. "Trying to come up with any novelties that didn't toe the grey area of IP for this was some what difficult, with that being said I will take your ideas into consideration. I really would like to run this and not risk any chance of infringing anything." I might change the kit name to the Menacing kit, but the enter key will also be in there.

Offline Toad944

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 14:05:10 »
MY BODY IS READY

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 18:08:16 »

Offline honorless

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 20:57:23 »

To be clear, by "3-key 40s", that means R2 1.75u Backspace, R3 1.25u Tab, and R3 1.5u Enter. Mentioning what the 3 keys actually are is kinda important...

I have yet to run any 40s support in any of my GMK sets.

...yeah, ultimately this was why I passed on Deepwell. I'm a big fan of Honeywell colorways so I was more bummed then I should probably admit. Hope you reconsider this stance someday.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 21:43:18 »

To be clear, by "3-key 40s", that means R2 1.75u Backspace, R3 1.25u Tab, and R3 1.5u Enter. Mentioning what the 3 keys actually are is kinda important...

I have yet to run any 40s support in any of my GMK sets.

...yeah, ultimately this was why I passed on Deepwell. I'm a big fan of Honeywell colorways so I was more bummed then I should probably admit. Hope you reconsider this stance someday.

IDK what other 3 keys people could be referring to lol. I've already made the decision to add them to this set. Will work on a revised render when possible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 June 2021, 21:46:08 by Tyson »

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 03:51:46 »

Offline aleeex

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 12:11:48 »
What a wonderful beautiful Duwang
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 July 2021, 12:13:56 by aleeex »

Offline jaron

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 16:26:02 »
I can't really comment about the theme because I don't know much about anime, but this does look very similar to GMK Symbiote, which is still running right now.

Offline synthtastic

[IC] GMK Deathly Queen
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 19:02:29 »
I can't really comment about the theme because I don't know much about anime, but this does look very similar to GMK Symbiote, which is still running right now.
This had a previous IC posted with similar colors iirc, way before Symbiote was revealed or went live (Omnitype do enjoy their surprise GBs). In any case, blame Omnitype.

Either way, there’s enough difference here and honestly not much anyone can do about “similarities” in colors regardless.

Looks good. Love me some Jojo. Unfortunately not the color purple.

Edit: **** those novelties are good lol
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 July 2021, 19:09:12 by synthtastic »
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline denibhoxha

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 07:20:18 »
id say try doing a render with the entire alphas covered with the "menacing" novelties, maybe some ppl would like the look and buy like 6-7 novelty kits....... stonks

Offline Tyson

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 15:20:03 »
id say try doing a render with the entire alphas covered with the "menacing" novelties, maybe some ppl would like the look and buy like 6-7 novelty kits....... stonks

I've had a few people mention that to me, I'll talk to Skok and see if I can get a Menacing Alphas kit made :D

Offline JomiKarloz

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 23:36:29 »
killer queen has already touched this thread

Offline Sax_______

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 23:39:58 »
‼️‼️HOLY ****ING ****‼️‼️‼️‼️ IS THAT A MOTHER****ING JOJO REFERENCE??????!!!!!!!!!!11!1!1!1!1!1!1! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 JOJO IS THE BEST ****ING ANIME 🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯💯 JOSUKE IS SO BADASSSSS 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎👊👊👊👊👊 ORAORAORAORAORALORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 😩😩😩😩 M
‼️‼️HOLY ****ING ****‼️‼️‼️‼️ IS THAT A MOTHER****ING JOJO REFERENCE??????!!!!!!!!!!11!1!1!1!1!1!1! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 JOJO IS THE BEST ****ING ANIME 🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯💯 JOSUKE IS SO BADASSSSS 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎👊👊👊👊👊 ORAORAORAORAORALORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 😩😩😩😩 MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA 🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬🤬😡🤬🤬😡WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo!🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Yo Angelo! 🗿 Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo!Yo Angelo! Yo Angelo! 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 Oh you’re approaching me❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓But it was me, Dio‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Offline Jebus

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 06:20:51 »
Bokki.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 17:42:14 »
Thank you everyone for the support! I have recently spoken to Konstantin to go over issues with kits and changes to make to make everything cohesive. I've submitted those changes to Skok, kits will be update in a few weeks. We'll also be adding another kit for the set, Menacing Alphas will be arriving in the next kit updates :)

Offline proevil

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 19:18:36 »
Nice I'm interested 

Offline chuteme

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 22:09:57 »

Offline RachaXD

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 10:08:54 »
I'm in! It'd be cool to see some oraoraora somewhere not sure

Offline namidettje

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 12:24:44 »
Love the kit, the novelties not so much : v

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 08:53:42 »
I love the menacing novelties. I think a lot of sets go too hard on a theme. The subtle reference is a nice change of pace.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline musdem

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 09:45:55 »
I love the colourway and what novelties are there but there could be some more. Maybe something like the skull on Killer Queens belt buckle, or something with Sheer Heart Attack, or even the Stray Cat.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #50 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 01:14:02 »
I love the colourway and what novelties are there but there could be some more. Maybe something like the skull on Killer Queens belt buckle, or something with Sheer Heart Attack, or even the Stray Cat.

As mentioned previously, I really would like to run this and not risk any chance of infringing anything. I do not think I will be adding any more novelties to this set.

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen v2 Updates!
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 12:55:32 »
Updates have been added!

Adjustments:

Base Kit Changes:
- Add 3 key 40s support (R2 1.75u Backspace, R3 1.25u Tab, R2 1.5u Enter)
- Add  the ー quaternary (top-right) sublegend on the -_ホー key

Alt Alphas Changes:
- Add a standalone R1 1u ー key
- Add a 半/全 key

Menacing Alphas Kit:
- Using the "Go" Novelty just copy alt alphas kit, but make every legend the "Go" Novelty. lol

Updates to come:

Spacebars Kit Changes:
- Add alpha-colored 2x 1u c, 1.25u c and 2x 3u c bars

Novelties Kit Changes:
- Add Accent colored Arrow Keys

Offline clickpig

• naisu naisu naisu
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 18:31:20 »
Menacing Alphas Kit:
- Using the "Go" Novelty just copy alt alphas kit, but make every legend the "Go" Novelty. lol

You madman, you actually did it.

This set just went from probably cop to instacop.

Offline NoteMakoti

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | v2 Updates!
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 21:14:39 »
How about a "To Be Continued" novelty?

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 12:46:17 »
Can we get some bars on GO Alphas so they can be used with other sets?

Offline Havattack

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 13:29:04 »

As mentioned previously, I really would like to run this and not risk any chance of infringing anything. I do not think I will be adding any more novelties to this set.

Getan artisan (Rama maybe) to make a cap with that belt buckle symbol. Would be too cool.

Offline SolidmetalAce

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 22:22:36 »
Very nice set, I love the theme, and the colors are preemo! I'll keep up with this for sure!

Offline RachaXD

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 16:02:13 »
Love the color scheme and menacing alphas. Couple of things that I think could be improved:

1. I do think the base legends for the R1 num row is very cluttered. If it was more in the format of like ePBT Origami I think it'd look cleaner.

2. The sub-legends font size should be smaller because they're sub-legends. I also don't think it's needed to have the rAlt say "Alt Gr".

3. For the mods - feel like you might as well as choose between putting either icon or text. Cluttered to have text + mods like the GMK Botanical R2. It also looks a bit weird to have the icons for tab, shift, enter, backspace but not for caps lock or the other mods.

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 04:47:26 »
Do some 40's and I'm all in

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 05:28:13 »
Do some 40's and I'm all in

why even make 40s when its not going to hit moq anyway   :p

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 05:41:38 »
Updates have been added!

Base Kit Changes:
- Add 3 key 40s support (R2 1.75u Backspace, R3 1.25u Tab, R2 1.5u Enter)

Updates to come:

Novelties Kit Changes:
- Add Accent colored Arrow Keys

Love the updated base kit  :thumb:
On Novelties kit changes: Can one accent-colored vertical Enter 2u (Numpad) be included there as well along the accent arrow keys?

Offline Surostu

• switchkeys.au x keyboardfinder.com
    • keyboardfinder
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 06:29:32 »
Loved the changes Tyson. Looking forward to this set

Offline Tyson

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 11:42:34 »
More Updates have been added!

Novelties/Accent Kit Changes:
- Add Accent Arrows

Spacebar Kit Changes:
- Add 40s spacebars

Next update should hopefully be deskmat designs.

Overall General Update:

I've been talking to vendors and now have Proxies for each region! I don't want to pin down a GB date just yet as there is still work to be done for pricing of kits along with deskmat designs, cables, and potential Rama caps. Thank you everyone for all the support! I'm super excited to get this set going! I also have another set in the works that I've been teasing on my Insta and Discord, that one will probably run sooner than Deathly Queen, only because it's a PBT set and will be running with a different manu. Be on the look out for that set too ;)

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK/PBT Deathly Queen | v3 Updates!
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 23:31:14 »
Update:

While working with vendors I have started talks to possibly run this in PBT, if that happens kitting will drastically change, both alpha kits will more than likely be cut, 40's might be cut, support would be for 60s, all the way up to full size and Alice (split bars will be in base if PBT happens).

Offline clickpig

• naisu naisu naisu
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 00:10:09 »
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 December 2022, 20:25:52 by clickpig »

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 00:41:27 »
please no pbt

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 12:16:42 »
I'm for ABS but not against a change to a different ABS manufacturer

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 06:42:57 »
Five side dyesubs?
No thank you.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 22:46:09 »
Please consider no pbt (2)
Colors this good should be only in GMK.

Offline juniper37559

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 12:10:47 »
No pbt+1
Color will be more saturated in abs, and five side dyesub can even make the color worse.
No manu can solve the shrinkage and the deep color faded on five side dyesub keycaps.
These QC problem will eventually cause huge delays. There are plenty of examples happened in well known pbt manus.

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 06:46:49 »
No pbt +2

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline musdem

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 10:22:25 »
No PBT +3

Offline dm996

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 10:41:39 »
+1 for pbt , ignore gmk simps

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 11:34:20 »
No PBT +4

Offline denibhoxha

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 15:06:51 »
5 side dyesub mods make a man sad

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 07:05:33 »

yeah sure lets go for pbt where its already widely known that pbt does colours like these horribly. what a moron

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 08:06:02 »
pbt or gmk, i'm good on either!

My name is yoshikage kiwa. I'm 33 yeaws owd. My house is in the nowtheast section of mowioh, whewe aww the viwwas awe, and i am not mawwied. I wowk as an empwoyee fow kame yu depawtment stowes, and i get home evewy day by 8 pm at the watest. I don't smoke, but i occasionawwy dwink. I'm in bed by 11 pm, and make suwe i get eight houws of sweep, no mattew what. Aftew having a gwass of wawm miwk and doing about twenty minutes of stwetches befowe going to bed, i usuawwy have no pwobwems sweeping untiw mowning, just wike a baby. I wake up without any fatigue ow stwess in the mowning. I was towd thewe wewe no issues at my wast check-up. What i'm twying to expwain is that i'm a pewson who wishes to wive a vewy quiet wife. I take cawe not to twoubwe mysewf with any enemies, wike winning and wosing, that wouwd cause me to wose sweep at night. That is how i deaw with society, and i know that is what bwings me happiness. Awthough, if i wewe to fight i wouwdn't wose to anyone.

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 17:13:44 »
I'm pro PBT.

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | Google Form Added!
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 22:27:04 »

yeah sure lets go for pbt where its already widely known that pbt does colours like these horribly. what a moron

No need to call that person a moron. Also upon talking to a few amount of people in DMs and making a pros vs. cons sheet for the set I have come to a decision. This set will be staying GMK, GB date is still TBD and kits have not been finalized. I've talked to a vendor about the set and he was telling me that if I want to run a alphas kit I should only be looking at running one, not two.

I've created a google form to get more feedback on a few questions for the set. Please feel free to fill out when you get the chance if you are interested in this project: https://forms.gle/KZEtU3mdMZKuAJof8

Offline tacotacx

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 08:11:30 »
Really like this colorway. Especially since I'm planning on building a board for next Christmas for my little cousin but man i wish we weebo alphas weren't forced lmao

Offline kiwwi

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 10:29:21 »

Offline kakasa

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 09:40:57 »

Offline 74236x

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 00:21:17 »
Huge Jojo's fan just a bit reluctant to join any GMK set. Lead times are outrageous and we keep making more GMK sets.

Offline speedyzy

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 16:00:37 »
looks good!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 16:35:01 »
looks good!

Thank you! This set is still in the works, just waiting on a few things before we move forward with GB information! :)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 16:52:30 »
I think the accents in this set are pulled of exceptionally well. I wish more sets would do accents in a similar manner.

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 21:26:17 »
This will help me live a clam, ordinary, peaceful life.

Offline akejojo

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 09:10:02 »
Nice I'm interested

Offline Ravenhar

• Merely an observer
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 10:32:24 »

seriously, what the hell?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 13:07:11 »

Show Image

seriously, what the hell?

:)) It's a quote from the anime. lol

Offline Evasive

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 16:27:03 »

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | Vendors Announced!
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 17:50:41 »
Hello! Just wanted to update everyone on the progress of this set! I'm sure a lot of you guys thought it was dead. But just like Kira himself I prefer to lay low and work on things behind the scenes! Below are the list of changes along with the addition of vendors for this set!

Changes:

- Removed both Alt alphas kits due to the amount of interest behind them. While interest for both was there the lead vendor and I are just concerned that either one of the kits would not hit MOQ dealing with us possibly having to cancel the kits. Thankfully the Menacing novelty will be made for each row, so true fans can technically make a full mod colored base kit with the novelties if they buy enough kits! So the dream is not dead of having a ultra spook menacing keyboard!

Addition:

- Vendors have been added to run this set, I am still in talks with other vendors for the regions that are listed as TBA. I hope to have all the vendors fully listed by the next update!
   -NA: Space
   -CA: TBA
   -SA: TBA
   -UK: Proto[Typist]
   -EU: Mykeyboard.eu
   -SEA: TBA
   -CN/ASIA: TBA
   -AU: SwitchKeys
   -JP: BaseKeys

- Deskmats, Metal artisans and Artisan Collabs! I just wanted to let you guys know that the deskmat designs are coming, they have been complete and I am waiting on high res images of them to arrive to me so I can work on posting them and ordering some sample mats to make sure they turn out ok before the beginning of the GB! As for Metal Artisan caps I am in talks with a vendor who makes caps for different sets already. I should have stuff to post soon and will post it once it is available to me! Artisan collabs are the final thing for this set, I have already talked to Win_Keys about a collab and will be in contact with other artisan makers to try and get collabs to happen for this set.

Thank you everyone for having patience and waiting for this set to run! I can't wait for the group buy and look forward to all the collabs with this set once it is up and running! For those of you who don't know I have been working on this set now for 2 years. To finally see it get to Group Buy has been amazing! Hope all of you guys have a nice one and I look forward to updating everyone once I have more content!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 10:05:04 »
Hope everyone had a great new year! Just wanted to update everyone on the status of the Hibi collab, I'm still waiting for renders to come in. Once I get those I'll make sure to update the post with them along with the GB date!

Offline Evasive

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 23:01:59 »
Really sad to see the go alt alphas go. Is it possible to make a kit with the go novelties in the alphas colorway?

Offline BloremBipsum

• Yes, I am a Dumb Ass Boi
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 12:47:07 »
It looks really great! Defo would love a board filled with novs

Offline C_L | Soup

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 19:58:56 »
Hope everyone had a great new year! Just wanted to update everyone on the status of the Hibi collab, I'm still waiting for renders to come in. Once I get those I'll make sure to update the post with them along with the GB date!
YES       YES
      YES       YES

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | Vendors Announced | GB Date: 2022
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 12:15:56 »
Quick Question for those that want the Go novelties in alpha color. https://forms.gle/GfgwVBAyHbSDBE5RA

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | Vendors Announced | GB Date: 2022
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 02 February 2022, 14:48:32 »
Update! Deskmat designs are complete and will be getting samples made to make sure colors come out accurately! Look forward to the next updates!

To Come:

- Added small Menacing Alphas child kit

- Added additional novelty to Novelty kit

- Hibi MX cap reveal

- GB Date & Pricing

- Artisan collabs

Offline xijnimx

• kimi
Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | Deskmat Designs Announced | GB Date: 2022
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 01:52:24 »
woohoo  :)

{}

Offline TimeToGetBroke

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 31 March 2022, 06:55:01 »
10/10 would buy,

Offline kazutrap

« Reply #100 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 21:54:58 »
Lovely! Killer Queen is awesome.

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] DCX Deathly Queen | GB Date: TBD
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 12:39:23 »
Hey everyone! I know it's been awhile since I've talked about this set! I just wanted to let everyone know that now that I have completed IV Ashes and have received GMK Fundamentals I would like to start finalizing everything for this set and get it moving forward to GB so we can enjoy the set! Currently I would like to see what the feedback will be if this set does run in DCX by Drop. Mind you, nothing has been finalized, this set could still run in GMK (I really don't want to wait 2 years for the set to ship so we will be toying with the idea of running this in DCX). I've already started speaking to drop and will be adjusting feedback based on both forums (here and Drop's community forum).

A good amount of people have reached out in the last two days in the IC Form and on here and it's loud and clear that a majority of y'all want this to stay in GMK. I'll inform my contact at Drop that I do not believe I will be running the set through them. A lot of the community and myself do not feel they are the best vendor to run keysets and other projects through. I was only considering them for this project in order to potentially try out DCX, knowing the turnaround time for the caps would be quicker but there would be less sells due to the set only running on drop.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 September 2022, 14:48:44 by Tyson »

Offline Evasive

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 12:52:21 »
Would prefer if you'd stayed with GMK and Space.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 13:42:30 »
I'd totally buy this if it wasn't DCX. Can't support drop, but would love it to come to another profile like DCS or MW, or whatever.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Evasive

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 13:47:59 »
I'd totally buy this if it wasn't DCX. Can't support drop, but would love it to come to another profile like DCS or MW, or whatever.
DCS is okay but I would still choose DCX over MW.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 13:50:10 »
DCS is okay but I would still choose DCX over MW.
Fair enough.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 14:01:18 »

While I do like DCS profile, I do not believe SP would be willing to do custom molds for Katakana, the price point would be extreme if they did. MW is a PBT manu that does Dye Sub sets, this entire set would have to be reverse dye sub which is extremely risky.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 14:14:22 »

While I do like DCS profile, I do not believe SP would be willing to do custom molds for Katakana, the price point would be extreme if they did. MW is a PBT manu that does Dye Sub sets, this entire set would have to be reverse dye sub which is extremely risky.
Fair enough, do what you have to do to make your dreams come true. I just can't really support Drop, you know? Definitely good luck with the IC, but I'll just admire this set from afar.

Offline Onlykeebs.Tim

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 17:04:36 »
Definitely a yes for me. I would love to get this set faster

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 17:21:56 »
Deserves GMK imo. Reverse Dye Sub will destroy it.

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 18:40:11 »
+1 for staying GMK

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 22:07:15 »
+1 GMK

Offline Oni

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 04:56:34 »
Please stay with GMK for this set

Collection: Special Whale, Montage, Infinitum, Kei

Offline donaldmanny

• Location: I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON
  • @inputdevices
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 06:06:21 »
+ 1 for GMK!
KFE CE / Satisfaction / Rotor / Paragon / Dolice / HG / F1 / Dodici / Theca / ME-1 / Unikorn / Kohaku

Offline amorino

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 15:56:19 »
With those colors I'm out if not GMK.

Offline Hiiro_XoXo

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 19:05:39 »
+ 1 for GMK!
just wanted to say, awesome profile pic. masterpiece of an album

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 20:31:06 »
i'll go in for DCX because i don't want to wait forever
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 05:48:19 »
eh. I'd buy DCX if they fixed their mod legends.

Offline Sainity

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 09:06:53 »
I'm patient. +1 for GMK

Offline gotgoodiez

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 09:45:50 »
i'll go in for DCX because i don't want to wait forever
Agreed

And maybe it will push Drop to do better, or at least we can hope

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 10:16:15 »
imagine being a goddamn weeb and not already waiting 1+ year for plastic products to arrive

couldn't be me

no pvc orders here yes sir bro

Offline nainaigogo

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 11:30:59 »
Don't mind DCX

Offline Tyson

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 11:53:06 »
imagine being a goddamn weeb and not already waiting 1+ year for plastic products to arrive

couldn't be me

no pvc orders here yes sir bro

True, Jojo fans have waited years for their weeb pages to be animated. Most of the feedback since the discussion has been leaning towards sticking with GMK. I've been working on a few changes for it but I think we will be sticking it out with GMK for the set.

Offline infinitum

• i buy expensive plastic
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 12:10:11 »
please please gmk

Offline Hoffman@Drop

• HoffmanMyster @ Drop
  • * Vendor
    • Drop
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 13:33:00 »
eh. I'd buy DCX if they fixed their mod legends.

Just a note - DCX "Shift" legend is in the process of being fixed :thumb:

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | GB Date: TBD
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 17:49:55 »
I'd buy DCX if it was worth buying :3

Offline Slimey

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 22:34:59 »
Cool colourway!

Offline Rilow

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 12:28:55 »
In light of the recent events, you should perhaps consider renaming this set.

Offline KeebRehab

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 14:01:19 »
Completely disagree. This set is not being sold specifically in the UK, and by the time the groupbuy runs, this "event" would already be long in the past.

Offline Evasive

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 15:37:04 »
Completely disagree. This set is not being sold specifically in the UK, and by the time the groupbuy runs, this "event" would already be long in the past.
this, keep the name.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 16:47:18 »

Lol

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | RIP The Queen
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 17:03:38 »
Lean in

Lizzy profile silhouette cap

Offline Bunn3y

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 11 September 2022, 22:47:45 »

I care about that woman as much as the other elderly ones I see everyday at work. Like a stranger. Get out of here with that bull**** LOL
Typing on: Switchplate iiA Sanction TKL - Gateron X (51.5g Gon springs) - full alu - GMK Dolch R5

Collection: Ivery Praxis || HHKB Pro 2 || JTD.Works Ovinnik || Realforce R1 87u || Switchplate iiA Sanction

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 11:10:50 »

I care about that woman as much as the other elderly ones I see everyday at work. Like a stranger. Get out of here with that bull**** LOL
It's a joke.

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | RIP The Queen
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 11:49:50 »
Morning everyone! This sets gone through a lot! Just wanted to let everyone know that I've added back the Go' Alphas as requested by quite a bit of people in the IC form. The set is also back to being GMK as mentioned in the last update. I added more board renders and removed the accent arrows from the novelties kit. I plan on adding two more enter key novelties when I get the chance. For now I am open to start talking to vendors so we can get a set date for this GB! I'm pretty happy with the base kit and think it covers ground for everyone!

Offline Keeblet_257

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | Go' Alpha's Update!
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 12:58:36 »
some pics are broken now

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 15:21:05 »

Very disrespectful

Offline Tyson

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 13 September 2022, 19:08:49 »
some pics are broken now

I think I fixed it :)

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 16 September 2022, 23:51:20 »
looks like someone peed on frost witch

Offline Evasive

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 17 September 2022, 00:22:21 »
looks like someone peed on frost witch
best shade of purple, don't even front

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | Lead Vendor aquired, in talks with GMK for pricing!
« Reply #140 on: Sat, 12 November 2022, 17:06:41 »
Thanks for staying GMK.

Any updates?

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Deathly Queen | Lead Vendor aquired, in talks with GMK for pricing!
« Reply #141 on: Sat, 26 November 2022, 16:05:09 »
Thanks for staying GMK.

Any updates?

None at this time, unfortunately the vendor that I was talking to wanted to only run the set in stock, meaning they wanted all the vendors to pitch in for a certain number of kits then wait until they delivered to vendors to announce that the set would be in stock. I was too hesitant on wanting to try that due to the way the current market is with GMK caps.

I still want to run this set, just unsure of when and with who I'll run the set with.

Probably not the news y'all wanted to hear. I'll be sure to post updates whenever they occur.

Offline giuliano.cz

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 05:08:12 »
Needless to say, I love the set. Have you considered Keykobo to make this, instead of GMK?

Offline Evasive

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 20:45:31 »
I'm down for GMK, wish you luck on finding a suitable vendor.

• Twitchy Homepage
kitting suggestion: add accent numpad enter and arrows to base

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK CYL Deathly Queen | BITE ZA DUSTO
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 30 November 2023, 01:06:35 »
Wow, ok. Umm hello again! I've returned from the dead lol. GH is telling me that this post is ancient.

Well anyways, I'd love to get this set to market! Starting by seeing if there is enough interest to run this! I've since updated the feedback form, just asking for advice and what kits would you buy. I've got a lot of novelty ideas down since the last feedback form! Many of the ideas are from ya'll! Thank you guys so much for your suggestions and ideas! I very much appreciated it! As for some of those ideas,

- Pink Silhouette of a cats face
- A half broken arrow "Bite za dusto"
- Pointing KQ hand "The tip of his finger can turn anything into a bomb!"
- A silhouette of KQ's shoulder piece
- A cat skull

I'll work on getting some renders once everything is polished out for the novelties! Please fill out the IC form even if you filled out the first one!

« Last Edit: Thu, 30 November 2023, 01:11:48 by Tyson »

Offline YoungManKim

Re: [IC] GMK CYL Deathly Queen | 2024 GB?
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 30 November 2023, 09:48:00 »
Excited that this is coming back around! Been waiting for it for a while. GLWIC

• Twitchy Homepage
Re: [IC] GMK CYL Deathly Queen | BITE ZA DUSTO
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 01 December 2023, 01:59:42 »
Wow, ok. Umm hello again! I've returned from the dead lol. GH is telling me that this post is ancient.

Well anyways, I'd love to get this set to market! Starting by seeing if there is enough interest to run this! I've since updated the feedback form, just asking for advice and what kits would you buy. I've got a lot of novelty ideas down since the last feedback form! Many of the ideas are from ya'll! Thank you guys so much for your suggestions and ideas! I very much appreciated it! As for some of those ideas,

- Pink Silhouette of a cats face
- A half broken arrow "Bite za dusto"
- Pointing KQ hand "The tip of his finger can turn anything into a bomb!"
- A silhouette of KQ's shoulder piece
- A cat skull

I'll work on getting some renders once everything is polished out for the novelties! Please fill out the IC form even if you filled out the first one!

nice