Author Topic: [IC] Enjoypbt 3000SAT (Group buy live)  (Read 206411 times)

Offline Jurka

Re: [IC] Enjoypbt 3000SAT (28/03/2019 UPDATE)
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 07:52:48 »
Was the € print on the E key considered? It is not included in the original set but the € sign accesible through AltGr is default option in many ISO layouts (including the Czech ISO layout..and this set is in Czech ISO). Since basically all AltGr options are printed in the down right corner of the caps the € sign should be printed on the E key as well.
And the & symbol on the C as well? I think it makes sense but I'd like others to chime in to see how they feel about this as well.

Yes, & is also accessible through AltGr on the C key. But it is slightly more complicated. If your TKL layout is 87 keys the Czech layout (the Enter is no ISO here but that's irrelevant) looks like this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/Keyboard_layout_Czech.svg. Notice the differences: the key above the enter key misses ¤ symbol but this symbol is accessible through AltGr. then there are the three keys between M and Enter. These in combination with AltGr give from left to right: < > *. But these symbol can be accessed more easily if you include the 88th key with the sacrifice of shorter left Shift (and because we can, we add the & symbol as well). Then you get the layout we see in this group buy and there is no need to print the AltGr default options on these three keys between M and Enter (also, it is incredible clumsy procedure to hold AltGr and then press any of these three keys from default finger position).

Conclusion: It really depends what people here decide to do. The current state of the prints with the mistakes out of the way is great. I think it would look nice and continous if the C had the & print.
I've updated the kit. Let me know if there are still errors.

The mistakes are fixed but the legend on C should be &, not €. € should be on E key. I really like you agreed to compromise and added the blue spacebars to the GB!
Tenkeyless and penniless.

Offline laserbeamspewpew

Re: [IC] Enjoypbt 3000SAT (01/04/2019 KIT UPDATE)
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 09:25:19 »
What kind of blue will the sub legends and accents be? In the Deskthority photos the sub legends look almost navy, which I think would be nice and differentiate the set from Blue Alert.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [IC] Enjoypbt 3000SAT (28/03/2019 UPDATE)
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 12:41:48 »
Was the € print on the E key considered? It is not included in the original set but the € sign accesible through AltGr is default option in many ISO layouts (including the Czech ISO layout..and this set is in Czech ISO). Since basically all AltGr options are printed in the down right corner of the caps the € sign should be printed on the E key as well.
And the & symbol on the C as well? I think it makes sense but I'd like others to chime in to see how they feel about this as well.

Yes, & is also accessible through AltGr on the C key. But it is slightly more complicated. If your TKL layout is 87 keys the Czech layout (the Enter is no ISO here but that's irrelevant) looks like this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/Keyboard_layout_Czech.svg. Notice the differences: the key above the enter key misses ¤ symbol but this symbol is accessible through AltGr. then there are the three keys between M and Enter. These in combination with AltGr give from left to right: < > *. But these symbol can be accessed more easily if you include the 88th key with the sacrifice of shorter left Shift (and because we can, we add the & symbol as well). Then you get the layout we see in this group buy and there is no need to print the AltGr default options on these three keys between M and Enter (also, it is incredible clumsy procedure to hold AltGr and then press any of these three keys from default finger position).

Conclusion: It really depends what people here decide to do. The current state of the prints with the mistakes out of the way is great. I think it would look nice and continous if the C had the & print.
I've updated the kit. Let me know if there are still errors.

The mistakes are fixed but the legend on C should be &, not €. € should be on E key. I really like you agreed to compromise and added the blue spacebars to the GB!

Oh geez. I should learn reading comprehension.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 13:31:52 »
What kind of blue will the sub legends and accents be? In the Deskthority photos the sub legends look almost navy, which I think would be nice and differentiate the set from Blue Alert.
I'm wanting to match the sideprinted legends. There are a few sets of photos of the original set on deskthority. I think the one that you have been looking at has the side of the cap in shadow which makes the sides darker than the tops.

Offline Jurka

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 21:36:07 »
I'm wanting to match the sideprinted legends. There are a few sets of photos of the original set on deskthority. I think the one that you have been looking at has the side of the cap in shadow which makes the sides darker than the tops.

I just noticed the original set has no writing on backspace, enters, shifts and tab but your legends include writings. I personally think only symbolic legends look better and it is also more authentic.

Offline enrique.aliaga

[IC] Enjoypbt 3000SAT (01/04/2019 KIT UPDATE)
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 21:48:40 »

I just noticed the original set has no writing on backspace, enters, shifts and tab but your legends include writings. I personally think only symbolic legends look better and it is also more authentic.

Several of us have voiced this before, but according to Gok, Icon+Text modifiers won in the poll he conducted a while back. Sad given that I too think purely Icon mods would be more authentic, but it is what it is, I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 22:28:38 »

Several of us have voiced this before, but according to Gok, Icon+Text modifiers won in the poll he conducted a while back. Sad given that I too think purely Icon mods would be more authentic, but it is what it is, I guess...

These are the results from the first poll

Offline Jurka

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 22:43:21 »
Ah, I see. My apologies, I didn't notice. Shame, I really like the cleanness.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 22:44:58 »
I dig it.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [IC] Enjoypbt 3000SAT (02/04/2019 WAITING FOR SAMPLES)
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 04:54:38 »
I have fixed the E key and have settled with having the & symbol on the C, even though there would be a double up of this legend for ISO users that split their left shift.
My rationale is that I am optimising the set for the majority and the number of ANSI users far outweigh that of ISO.

Offline dallman5

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 10:16:12 »
I personally would have preferred the legends to stay as close as possible to the original 3000SAT (i.e. no sub-legends on C and E), since this is meant to be a replica in the end. 

Aesthetically-speaking, adding more sub-legends takes away from the OG board's somewhat sporadic sub-legends, which I am a big fan of. I would be supportive of making those keys optional, however, similar to what you've done with the Z key in regards to the <> legends.
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 18:05:12 »
I personally would have preferred the legends to stay as close as possible to the original 3000SAT (i.e. no sub-legends on C and E), since this is meant to be a replica in the end. 

Aesthetically-speaking, adding more sub-legends takes away from the OG board's somewhat sporadic sub-legends, which I am a big fan of. I would be supportive of making those keys optional, however, similar to what you've done with the Z key in regards to the <> legends.

There are already some differences such as text+icon mods. If I wanted it to be an exact replica, I would have just copied the original as closely as possible 1:1.
I will probably open another poll to confirm whether to keep the additional sublegends though but I really needed to finish this up to a stage where it can be prototyped to check the sideprinted dyesub quality.
Making additional keys is an option but I want to keep the set pretty lean and this is isn't an issue of inconsistencies between ANSI vs ISO layouts like the Y key was.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 18:14:20 »
Oh boy, missed this for a while now... Looks great gok :-*

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Renders added. Still waiting on samples.

Offline TuCZnak

Whoa, an actual keycap set with Czech legends? Count me the hell in just out of principle

Offline cekagekh

Re: [IC] Enjoypbt G81-3000 SAT set
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 09:56:53 »
I've just confirmed with KBDfans that epbt can do purely barred keys so we will run with that.

I think you will find the community split on what's preferred. But EPBT might want to rework their scooped design.

See my Reddit post demonstrating the problem here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/b08vog/enjoypbt_homing_keys_impact_switch_housings/

I personally like scoops, but I assume fixing this will be pretty expensive, so I'm happy to settle for no scoops.

I second this. The problem with scooped keycaps is the biggest reason that prevents me from getting more epbt sets.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [IC] Enjoypbt G81-3000 SAT set
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 14:05:57 »
I've just confirmed with KBDfans that epbt can do purely barred keys so we will run with that.

I think you will find the community split on what's preferred. But EPBT might want to rework their scooped design.

See my Reddit post demonstrating the problem here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/b08vog/enjoypbt_homing_keys_impact_switch_housings/

I personally like scoops, but I assume fixing this will be pretty expensive, so I'm happy to settle for no scoops.

I second this. The problem with scooped keycaps is the biggest reason that prevents me from getting more epbt sets.

Kuro/Shiro, extended 2048 and this will have barred only caps. Extended may also ofter 2 types of d and j keys if I remember correctly.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 April 2019, 19:33:22 by gok101 »

Offline Visionaire

Still can't believe they're renders. :)

Offline Pony_Hsieh

Maybe put the blue Esc, ANSI Enter and Iso Enter into the Accent Kit?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Maybe put the blue Esc, ANSI Enter and Iso Enter into the Accent Kit?
That's probably a good idea. I'll change that for the next kit revision.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
This looks so nice mate. I'm in for sure.

Offline duxbridge

Very interested in this set!

Offline sl70309

any update on this?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
any update on this?
Still waiting on samples. Any feedback about the current kit is welcomed though. I've been waiting for more before I do another revision.

Offline pr0ximity

Tell them to get R5 mod molds. Aside from that, kits look great to me, I'm interested
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline TuCZnak

any update on this?
Still waiting on samples. Any feedback about the current kit is welcomed though. I've been waiting for more before I do another revision.

May I suggest adding R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn keys for the 65% and 75% crowd? Probably to the addon kit, for those that like Home/End/PgUp/PgDn more than Home/PgUp/PgDn/End...

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
any update on this?

May I suggest adding R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn keys for the 65% and 75% crowd? Probably to the addon kit, for those that like Home/End/PgUp/PgDn more than Home/PgUp/PgDn/End...

I wouldn't want to add more keys ot the base set but I'd consider adding it to an extension kit if there is enough demand.

Offline kzlow

Support! Nice set.

Offline kconfire

Would you just take my moneyz?
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline Wongstongs

Yeah agreed, my money is ready to be thrown at you

Offline kconfire

Yeah agreed, my money is ready to be thrown at you

Throw it to me
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline VaclavKucera

• Helidox w/Halostotles | Planck r6 w/Blacks
Just czeching in as well to voice my support! Usually I'd argue for better ortho coverage, but it probably wouldn't meet MOQ, so I'll make do with misplaced legends (like R2 PgDn instead of Tab and R3 End instead of Esc).

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Just czeching in as well to voice my support! Usually I'd argue for better ortho coverage, but it probably wouldn't meet MOQ, so I'll make do with misplaced legends (like R2 PgDn instead of Tab and R3 End instead of Esc).
MOQ works a bit differently with EPBT. As long as the base set meets it, they will produce the required quantities for any child kits.
Since this is just a beige set, I could consider doing an ortho kit since it would also be compatible with any of the standard EPBT sets.

Offline rockydbull

MOQ works a bit differently with EPBT. As long as the base set meets it, they will produce the required quantities for any child kits.
Since this is just a beige set, I could consider doing an ortho kit since it would also be compatible with any of the standard EPBT sets.

Ortho kit with legends that would color match other beige epbt sets would be dope.

Offline ST999

Would love to have ortho kits!

Offline Freakenstein

买特么的 前提是菊花不要歪 多面热升华键帽别变形太厉害了就好

Offline Dakk1d

Instabuy if it had an international kit. Looks good!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline yui_

when are you now planning on running the gb?
assuming it won't be end of may as you don't have samples yet.

EDIT:
I would also like to double check that this set would work with the EnjoyPBT LED Keycaps if I were to want my Lock indicators in the Caps keycap
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 May 2019, 21:08:56 by imGeorge »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Instabuy if it had an international kit. Looks good!
This is a Czech based kit and changing that would be sacrilegious imo.

Would love to have ortho kits!

I'll work on updating the kits this weekend with this.

when are you now planning on running the gb?
assuming it won't be end of may as you don't have samples yet.

EDIT:
I would also like to double check that this set would work with the EnjoyPBT LED Keycaps if I were to want my Lock indicators in the Caps keycap
Maybe end of June now or beginning or July I think. Don't want to rush it and there are some really nice keysets coming out next month.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Definitively joining this would it be also possible for a space bar kit?
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Do you mean like 1.75/1.25/2.25 for split spacebar?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Do you mean like 1.75/1.25/2.25 for split spacebar?

yeah those keys would be nice to have as a separate kit.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline macclack

• Macclack
Would you consider doing a R1 1u blue accent Fn key? I think that would look really good, especially with a split right shift setup.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Would you consider doing a R1 1u blue accent Fn key? I think that would look really good, especially with a split right shift setup.
I'll consider it becsuse I'm a fan of quirky options like that. I liked how th RGB mods looked on one of xondat's boards so options like that could be pretty neat.

Offline yui_

Would you consider including an R2 Stepped Control key? I prefer the looks of the stepped key there, but use control there rather than caps lock.
Could you also consider adding a coloured Insert key to the Accent kit. I like having the insert key accented to add slightly more colour on a board such as a tkl.

Offline sl70309

looks like ePBT is having hard time to produce samples. bit worry about QC of massive production.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
looks like ePBT is having hard time to produce samples. bit worry about QC of massive production.
They are pretty maxed out with production runs. Although I think that QC and producing samples aren't correlated, I think there is a minimum standard that KBDfans will uphold. There may be issues but you can usually count on KBDfans to sort it out.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
I've updated the main post with an ortho kit.
I'm not too versed in what is popular so I have text based modifiers except for the backspace key because the word "Backspace" would need to be split onto 2 lines which I thought looked odd.
Let me know what you think.

Offline ST999

I'm not too versed in what is popular so I have text based modifiers except for the backspace key because the word "Backspace" would need to be split onto 2 lines which I thought looked odd.

Thanks for adding a ortho kit! Definitely going to buy!

As for the 1u backspace, maybe you could try “Back” since its commonly used in ortho/40s GMK kits.

Offline TuCZnak

In that case, would you consider making it a combined 40s/ortho kit? Hit me up if you need assistance on what keys would be most useful.