Author Topic: [GB] BananaSplit60 Orders Shipping Out 7/27! Shipping 100% Complete  (Read 106487 times)

Offline e996

Re: [GB] BananaSplit60 Orders Shipping Out 7/27! Shipping 100% Complete
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 13:32:39 »
I opened mine up to lube the stabilizers, and now when i plug it in it's not recognized by the computer :( Atmel Flip says "com.atmel.flip.IspException: could not open USB device."
windows says it's an unrecognized USB device, and that the "device descriptor request failed."
I had to desolder some switches to get the plate off, but I can't see anything that looks wrong with the board.. is there anything else I should try, or should I assume I have somehow broken it?

I'm going to need more info and photos
Here are some more photos..

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

I have holtite sockets installed but a few switches had the pins slightly soldered to the sockets, which meant I still had to desolder (and pry a little) to get them out.
Upon closer inspection it looks like I've broken off the capacitor labelled "C3" :( is there a way I could get around that, or is the board toast?

ideally you would reattach that capacitor. You could try bridging the pads with solder and see if it works.
do you mean these pads? like just connect them without the capacitor? I definitely lost it..
175998-0
edit: I connected those two and the keyboard now doesn't show up as a device plugged into the computer, and that connection gets quite hot..
Do you happen to know the specs of that capacitor so I can look for a new one?
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 August 2017, 14:39:30 by e996 »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 15:02:40 »
I opened mine up to lube the stabilizers, and now when i plug it in it's not recognized by the computer :( Atmel Flip says "com.atmel.flip.IspException: could not open USB device."
windows says it's an unrecognized USB device, and that the "device descriptor request failed."
I had to desolder some switches to get the plate off, but I can't see anything that looks wrong with the board.. is there anything else I should try, or should I assume I have somehow broken it?

I'm going to need more info and photos
Here are some more photos..

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

I have holtite sockets installed but a few switches had the pins slightly soldered to the sockets, which meant I still had to desolder (and pry a little) to get them out.
Upon closer inspection it looks like I've broken off the capacitor labelled "C3" :( is there a way I could get around that, or is the board toast?

ideally you would reattach that capacitor. You could try bridging the pads with solder and see if it works.
do you mean these pads? like just connect them without the capacitor? I definitely lost it..
(Attachment Link)
edit: I connected those two and the keyboard now doesn't show up as a device plugged into the computer, and that connection gets quite hot..
Do you happen to know the specs of that capacitor so I can look for a new one?

you need a 1uf cap, the smd footprint is 0603, but a through hole cap soldered on would work as well (be mindful of clearance with bottom of case). the direct connection may have fried the controller. If soldering on a cap doesn't work, I'll send you a new pcb.

Offline e996

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 15:56:36 »
you need a 1uf cap, the smd footprint is 0603, but a through hole cap soldered on would work as well (be mindful of clearance with bottom of case). the direct connection may have fried the controller. If soldering on a cap doesn't work, I'll send you a new pcb.
it works!!
176006-0
I think I should probably find a new 1uf capacitor  ;D this was the only one I had
thank you so much for the help!!

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 15:59:29 »
it works!!
(Attachment Link)
I think I should probably find a new 1uf capacitor  ;D this was the only one I had
thank you so much for the help!!

excellent!

Offline iFreilicht

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 04:27:33 »
Doing some prep work for my build; I'm using the TMK Configurator and I'm looking for the "Brightness Up" and "Brightness Down" commands (to adjust the monitor brightness, not keyboard LEDs). The Input Club Configurator I used for my Infinity lists these as SCRN+ and SCRN-.

Are these commands missing or am I just not seeing them?  :confused:

AFAIK, there are no standardised keycodes for brightness control. Does the Infinity require a special driver to be installed?
Sentraq S60-X, dyed blank PBT keycaps, Gateron Browns

Offline vim_commando

• LaserCTRL
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 12:16:59 »
Doing some prep work for my build; I'm using the TMK Configurator and I'm looking for the "Brightness Up" and "Brightness Down" commands (to adjust the monitor brightness, not keyboard LEDs). The Input Club Configurator I used for my Infinity lists these as SCRN+ and SCRN-.

Are these commands missing or am I just not seeing them?  :confused:

AFAIK, there are no standardised keycodes for brightness control. Does the Infinity require a special driver to be installed?

Not at all, I've loved it because it was so consistent and portable across computers and OSes. My bananasplit60 will be my second scratch build.

Offline beeull

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 17:01:05 »
First of all thanks to Arhipio and evangs for your excellent work bringing us this kit, I'm greatly looking forward to using it!  Second of all my story so far:
<snip_to_TLDR>
TL;DR BE CAREFUL EVERYONE when desoldering, double and triple check for lingering connections, and if possible have the proper switch removal tools on hand (I'm still awaiting shipment of an IC puller style remover, but I was impatient, boo!)

I'll try to take pictures or mark up where I think I've ruined my board, maybe with proper knowledge and a better jumpering than I've done so far will have 100% results instead of my partial... I'll try to stay hopeful.

email me pictures of the PCB as high res as possible. I might be able to point out where to run jumpers. and of course if that fails we can look at a replacement pcb. (thevankeyboards@gmail.com)

Thanks, Evan... I'll take some pics when I get home this evening

Pics are up at http://imgur.com/a/5FfOX I believe K45 right hand bottom pad is the only one that was damaged, but I'm not 100% sure.  I can disassemble further if troubleshooting shows it necessary.

Thanks again for whatever help you're able to give just by eyeballing (and knowledge of the board) :)

The row signal has been broken by lifting that pad, you will need to connect the trace back together (the wire running underneath the mask.) you will need to expose it by scraping off the mask and then soldering directly to it.

I believe I have managed to make a successful repair on this end, according to EK Switch Hitter, soldering a fine wire across the lifted trace/pad we both suspected as the issue. I believe that I actually had the situation fixed with my large clumsy soldering with a large paper clip as the jumper from a pad to the left of the break across to a pad several further down the row.  The issues I was blaming on unexpected electrical behavior (odd behavior on held keys reminiscent of ghosting or missed presses) were more likely a result of unexpected TMK interactions instead.

Thanks again for your help and quick answers, Evan... and "sorry" for being so busy on my end as to delay the results :D

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 17:53:35 »
First of all thanks to Arhipio and evangs for your excellent work bringing us this kit, I'm greatly looking forward to using it!  Second of all my story so far:
<snip_to_TLDR>
TL;DR BE CAREFUL EVERYONE when desoldering, double and triple check for lingering connections, and if possible have the proper switch removal tools on hand (I'm still awaiting shipment of an IC puller style remover, but I was impatient, boo!)

I'll try to take pictures or mark up where I think I've ruined my board, maybe with proper knowledge and a better jumpering than I've done so far will have 100% results instead of my partial... I'll try to stay hopeful.

email me pictures of the PCB as high res as possible. I might be able to point out where to run jumpers. and of course if that fails we can look at a replacement pcb. (thevankeyboards@gmail.com)

Thanks, Evan... I'll take some pics when I get home this evening

Pics are up at http://imgur.com/a/5FfOX I believe K45 right hand bottom pad is the only one that was damaged, but I'm not 100% sure.  I can disassemble further if troubleshooting shows it necessary.

Thanks again for whatever help you're able to give just by eyeballing (and knowledge of the board) :)

The row signal has been broken by lifting that pad, you will need to connect the trace back together (the wire running underneath the mask.) you will need to expose it by scraping off the mask and then soldering directly to it.

I believe I have managed to make a successful repair on this end, according to EK Switch Hitter, soldering a fine wire across the lifted trace/pad we both suspected as the issue. I believe that I actually had the situation fixed with my large clumsy soldering with a large paper clip as the jumper from a pad to the left of the break across to a pad several further down the row.  The issues I was blaming on unexpected electrical behavior (odd behavior on held keys reminiscent of ghosting or missed presses) were more likely a result of unexpected TMK interactions instead.

Thanks again for your help and quick answers, Evan... and "sorry" for being so busy on my end as to delay the results :D

Glad to hear you got it working!

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 00:05:18 »
Any info on what's up next for The Van Keyboards? maybe another round of minivans:-)

Offline 8megabit

« Reply #259 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 04:15:02 »

Hi Evan! I'm having trouble generating a hex using http://minivan.config.thevankeyboards.com

It just gives me an error page "The requested URL was not found on the server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again."
The url for the download page that gives me that is http://minivan.config.thevankeyboards.com/downloads/bananasplit/bananasplit_2017-08-19-09-13-25.hex

What's wrong?

EDIT: more info: the problem occurs when I change the key to the right of RSHIFT (using split right shift configuration) from L1 to anything else. If I don't change it I can generate hex. Also, why is the corner of this key red?
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 August 2017, 04:22:05 by 8megabit »

Offline sithlord

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 01:14:11 »

Hi Evan! I'm having trouble generating a hex using http://minivan.config.thevankeyboards.com

It just gives me an error page "The requested URL was not found on the server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again."
The url for the download page that gives me that is http://minivan.config.thevankeyboards.com/downloads/bananasplit/bananasplit_2017-08-19-09-13-25.hex

What's wrong?

EDIT: more info: the problem occurs when I change the key to the right of RSHIFT (using split right shift configuration) from L1 to anything else. If I don't change it I can generate hex. Also, why is the corner of this key red?

Are you changing it using the right click on your mouse or typing it in? You'll need to right click your mouse.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #261 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 08:15:55 »

What's wrong?

You need to change the key type by right clicking the key and using the context menu. I'm working on a new version of the configurator that should make this stuff a bit more apparent

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #262 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 08:16:57 »
Any info on what's up next for The Van Keyboards? maybe another round of minivans:-)

I just got some MiniVans in yesterday, should have them on the site this week

Offline child

« Reply #263 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 09:06:40 »
What about BananaSplit extras?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #264 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 14:49:04 »
What about BananaSplit extras?

Follow the newsletter at thevankeyboards.com

We will announce the sale through there. The quantity will be extremely limited.

Offline 8megabit

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 04:53:41 »

What's wrong?

You need to change the key type by right clicking the key and using the context menu. I'm working on a new version of the configurator that should make this stuff a bit more apparent

Ah, I see. Thanks

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 20:05:48 »

oh no! i can't buy anything for a couple weeks! prolly gonna miss this round. hopefully some will come around again in Sept/Oct?

Just built my banana split. will try to post some pictures tomorrow. It's taking a bit getting used to the split. never realized that I use both my thumbs for the space bar till now.

Couple questions-  do i need to "reset" the pcb everytime i flash a new hex? and is there a way via the configurator to make a key that would be CTRL and SHIFT together?

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 20:50:25 »

oh no! i can't buy anything for a couple weeks! prolly gonna miss this round. hopefully some will come around again in Sept/Oct?

Just built my banana split. will try to post some pictures tomorrow. It's taking a bit getting used to the split. never realized that I use both my thumbs for the space bar till now.

Couple questions-  do i need to "reset" the pcb everytime i flash a new hex? and is there a way via the configurator to make a key that would be CTRL and SHIFT together?

Yes you need to reset the keyboard before you can flash it. There is no way currently to do a key that is CTRL and SHIFT. I think that could be added on though. I'm working on configurator v2 which should be easier for me to maintain and add features to

Offline Nuum

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 03:42:31 »
My parcel seems to be stuck in German customs since the 8th of August, which is unusually long. Normally they deliver it to you right away and ask for the fee at your door or they send you a letter asking you to pick up your parcel. I don't mean to offend you, but did you declare customs properly for international parcels?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #269 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 04:40:41 »
My parcel seems to be stuck in German customs since the 8th of August, which is unusually long. Normally they deliver it to you right away and ask for the fee at your door or they send you a letter asking you to pick up your parcel. I don't mean to offend you, but did you declare customs properly for international parcels?
For mine he put the price of the item (without shipping) on the customs form, no invoice included.

German customs is a cluster**** right now, I don't know what the heck they are pushing but my local customs office told me they've never been that busy since 2010. I also haven't paid for a package (that was not sent via DHL express or UPS express) at the door since November, I always had to go to the customs office, no matter what. It's getting really annoying but there's nothing we can do.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 07:26:50 »
I asked Evan to declare it to have crap price and as a gift.
I hope Evan remembered doing that, other than that there is absolutely no further news about the shipment.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 10:00:55 »

Yes you need to reset the keyboard before you can flash it. There is no way currently to do a key that is CTRL and SHIFT. I think that could be added on though. I'm working on configurator v2 which should be easier for me to maintain and add features to

Thanks for the info! Here's a pic of my current build:-) Really happy with it.  It's gonna be my travel board for teaching so i went for a super light plastic case. Built with box dark yellows which are amazing. never was into linears before but these are super smooth.

176626-0

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 10:49:04 »
Thanks for the info! Here's a pic of my current build:-) Really happy with it.  It's gonna be my travel board for teaching so i went for a super light plastic case. Built with box dark yellows which are amazing. never was into linears before but these are super smooth.

The blanks on the bottom row look like GMK/Cherry profile?  Wondering where you got them from?  Just curious.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 11:14:31 »

The blanks on the bottom row look like GMK/Cherry profile?  Wondering where you got them from?  Just curious.

yup cherry profile. here's the link
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 August 2017, 11:16:12 by donut_sauce »

Offline ctrl

« Reply #274 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 11:42:02 »

(Attachment Link)

Oh hey! I've been considering those Box Dark Yellows for this build too! Never thought either I'd be into linears, but after trying Gateron Blacks on a switch tester, I got sucked in by the smoothness. Would like something heavier though, like just slightly lighter than MX Tactile Grays. How's the weight on these?

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 12:50:18 »

(Attachment Link)

Oh hey! I've been considering those Box Dark Yellows for this build too! Never thought either I'd be into linears, but after trying Gateron Blacks on a switch tester, I got sucked in by the smoothness. Would like something heavier though, like just slightly lighter than MX Tactile Grays. How's the weight on these?

it's good. i like it. i think i'd like to try an even heavier switch for my next build. one thing i didn't realize when i got them is that they are plate mount only which was a bit tricky on this plate as far as getting the modifiers super straight

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 12:53:53 »

(Attachment Link)

it's good. i like it. i think i'd like to try an even heavier switch for my next build. one thing i didn't realize when i got them is that they are plate mount only which was a bit tricky on this plate as far as getting the modifiers super straight
Yeah that tends to happen with a universal plate. Luckily with pcb mounted switches you can align them really well in combination with the plate. Box switches are definitely my new favorite switch, hoping they come out with pcb mounted ones.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #277 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 13:30:28 »

(Attachment Link)

Awesome board, I love the pastel color theme and enjoypbt is one of the best typing experiences.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 13:31:44 »
Posted it on reddit forgot to post it here, I went to Oregon this monday to witness the total eclipse. Snagged a photo with a freshly built BananaSplit.

Offline sithlord

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 22:39:07 »
Posted it on reddit forgot to post it here, I went to Oregon this monday to witness the total eclipse. Snagged a photo with a freshly built BananaSplit.

Show Image

It's too dark to see anything. How can we be sure it actually is a banana split?

Offline sithlord

« Reply #280 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 22:40:51 »

Can we get macro support? :p

Offline Nuum

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 06:54:57 »

Nevermind, it arrived today and I'm already assembling it! Thanks for organizing this GB!
God knows what took the customs office so long to process it. I had to pay the customs fee at the door, BTW.

Offline Pie

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 09:33:32 »
Mine arrived today, I'm very happy with it!  :D

Offline dr-slump

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 09:57:54 »

Nevermind, it arrived today and I'm already assembling it! Thanks for organizing this GB!
God knows what took the customs office so long to process it. I had to pay the customs fee at the door, BTW.

Same here, although mine arrived very quickly. I don't know what the Deutsche Post is thinking when they're trying to collect the customs fee at 10 am on a weekday (thanks grandpa  ;D  )
Waiting for GMK Miami Dolch ISO . . .

Looking for: Titainium Spacebar 6.25

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #284 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 10:59:20 »
Mine arrived today, I'm very happy with it!  :D
Show Image

Very clean, xda is very awesome with their included split space keys.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Nuum

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 11:28:29 »
Here's a potato pic of what I did with my kit. The keycaps are very old Triumph Adler doubleshots mixed with some G20 profile keycaps. I don't really like the white together with the dark brown, it's too cold, but I don't have anything else at hand right now. Maybe I'll switch the white keycaps to yellow ones someday. SP's G20 profile is the best matching profile for those flat sphericals I have found so far, though.

176699-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 August 2017, 11:33:59 by Nuum »

Offline beeull

« Reply #286 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 09:58:58 »
Some so-so pics of the finished Split at http://imgur.com/a/Fly1k

The board works great so far after repairing the damage I caused, thanks again to Arhipio and Evan! I just need to get enough switches/stems/springs to set it up how I really want :)

Does anybody else have a problem with the bottom row stabilizers being very finicky on keycap removal and doing their best to come loose from the board or disassemble themselves (wire pulling out of the inserts)? Everything seems to stay together fine between (during typing), but I've had a lot of headache on key removal so far. :(

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #287 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 11:30:14 »
Here's a potato pic of what I did with my kit. The keycaps are very old Triumph Adler doubleshots mixed with some G20 profile keycaps. I don't really like the white together with the dark brown, it's too cold, but I don't have anything else at hand right now. Maybe I'll switch the white keycaps to yellow ones someday. SP's G20 profile is the best matching profile for those flat sphericals I have found so far, though.

(Attachment Link)

I knew someone would use that layout, looks like we accidentally have the pinout for a 2.25/1.75/2.25 split space configuration. I'll later add it to the supported layouts. Very nice build :D

Offline 8megabit

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 11:30:56 »
How can I generate the hexfile myself instead of using http://minivan.config.thevankeyboards.com ?

Is there some command line tool that can take the layout in text format from evans configurator (like
Code: [Select]
{"keyboard":"bananasplit","activeLayout":42,"keymap":[[[... ) and create the hex file?
What is the configurator using on the backend?

Thanks!  :)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 11:31:34 »

The board works great so far after repairing the damage I caused, thanks again to Arhipio and Evan! I just need to get enough switches/stems/springs to set it up how I really want :)

Does anybody else have a problem with the bottom row stabilizers being very finicky on keycap removal and doing their best to come loose from the board or disassemble themselves (wire pulling out of the inserts)? Everything seems to stay together fine between (during typing), but I've had a lot of headache on key removal so far. :(

I think that has to do with the grab bag SA shift keys, I also have a build that used grab bag SA caps and a lot of the stems aren't properly aligned causing stab issues. SA is just a really finicky profile in the first place.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:09:53 »
How can I generate the hexfile myself instead of using http://minivan.config.thevankeyboards.com ?

Is there some command line tool that can take the layout in text format from evans configurator (like
Code: [Select]
{"keyboard":"bananasplit","activeLayout":42,"keymap":[[[... ) and create the hex file?
What is the configurator using on the backend?

Thanks!  :)

why would you want to generate the hex file using the output of the configurator but not have the configurator generate the hex? if you want to build the firmware locally you can checkout the tmk repo on my github (evangs). There is also a QMK port of the firmware as well.

Offline wakko

« Reply #291 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:15:35 »

I think that has to do with the grab bag SA shift keys, I also have a build that used grab bag SA caps and a lot of the stems aren't properly aligned causing stab issues. SA is just a really finicky profile in the first place.

I have had that happen with GMK caps. It's happened twice when I removed the keycaps. My guess is they pull on the inserts enough that it cases the wire to pop out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NOOB
KUL ES-87

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #292 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 21:13:39 »
So I built my board yesterday and got it flashed with the firmware using the tools/instructions on evang's site. Everything seems to work correctly except that the board only works properly when it is plugged into the computer during boot. If I boot the computer then plug in the board it doesn't work and it also messes up any other keyboard that I have plugged in so that it doesn't work either until I reboot the PC.

Any ideas what is going on?

Edit: Also, if I unplug it while it is working and then plug it back in I have the same problem where none of the keyboards work.

Edit2:  So I've determined that when I plug the keyboard into a computer that is already running it does work, but it makes the computer act as if the "ctrl" key is permanently and constantly depressed. So I can copy by just pressing "c" or paste by pressing "v", etc. Mouse works fine, but I can't type worth a darn because pressing ctrl while typing does all kinds of goofy stuff....
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 22:38:46 by ChitownM2 »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #293 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 02:35:57 »
So I built my board yesterday and got it flashed with the firmware using the tools/instructions on evang's site. Everything seems to work correctly except that the board only works properly when it is plugged into the computer during boot. If I boot the computer then plug in the board it doesn't work and it also messes up any other keyboard that I have plugged in so that it doesn't work either until I reboot the PC.

Any ideas what is going on?

Edit: Also, if I unplug it while it is working and then plug it back in I have the same problem where none of the keyboards work.

Edit2:  So I've determined that when I plug the keyboard into a computer that is already running it does work, but it makes the computer act as if the "ctrl" key is permanently and constantly depressed. So I can copy by just pressing "c" or paste by pressing "v", etc. Mouse works fine, but I can't type worth a darn because pressing ctrl while typing does all kinds of goofy stuff....

Check your soldering

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #294 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 14:38:51 »
Check your soldering

That was it. sloppy R ctrl joint bridged pads since they were so close due to the multiple layout options in that corner.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #295 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 14:58:39 »
Check your soldering

That was it. sloppy R ctrl joint bridged pads since they were so close due to the multiple layout options in that corner.

Yeah some of those spots can be a little tricky.

Offline 8megabit

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 09:27:49 »
why would you want to generate the hex file using the output of the configurator but not have the configurator generate the hex? if you want to build the firmware locally you can checkout the tmk repo on my github (evangs). There is also a QMK port of the firmware as well.

Haha, yeah I can see why it seems a bit weird but this is the process leading up to the question:

1. Finish the board, make some quick layout in the online configurator and flash it just to try it out.

2. Want to make some changes to the layout, realize I have to input everything again from scratch since I cannot load the current config from the hexfile I already have.

3. Realize I can actually load the config from the text format.

4. Save the text format locally so I don't have to start from scratch when making changes.

5. Realize it would be sweet to not take the detour to online configurator to create the hexfile.

So would the easiest way then be to use the tmk repo? Is that what the online conf is using on the backend?

Thanks!

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #297 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 13:10:16 »

Haha, yeah I can see why it seems a bit weird but this is the process leading up to the question:

1. Finish the board, make some quick layout in the online configurator and flash it just to try it out.

2. Want to make some changes to the layout, realize I have to input everything again from scratch since I cannot load the current config from the hexfile I already have.

3. Realize I can actually load the config from the text format.

4. Save the text format locally so I don't have to start from scratch when making changes.

5. Realize it would be sweet to not take the detour to online configurator to create the hexfile.

So would the easiest way then be to use the tmk repo? Is that what the online conf is using on the backend?

Thanks!

yes, it's using my TMK fork on the backend which also contains configurations for all of my keyboards including banana split. you could download it and then setup your layout there and then tweak and rebuild as you need.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #298 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 14:49:42 »
Had a few hours to put into assembling mine.

Gateron Greens, with a twist of two lock switches! Will be putting new caps on once I get them this fall.

Thanks evangs and Arhipio!
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline lac29

« Reply #299 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 09:19:35 »
Any idea when v2 will come out?