Author Topic: Clueboard 66% PCB - Pre-soldered Underlight Available!  (Read 193838 times)

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
Re: Clueboard 66% PCB - Pre-soldered Underlight Available!
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:49:37 »
Need help guys / skully. Had the board for ~3 months w/o issues but few weeks ago it started to act up. First noticed that suddenly the left win key and left alt key started to be on the other way around. Never messed around the firmware since I flash it. Ignored this then a week after its now completely a mess. Only 2 keys are registering correctly left shift and left arrow, can still flash and change the assignment for this two. But the rest of the keys its either not registering any, wrong keys being thrown or multiple key presses.

My soldering was a mess since this was my first, but it worked for months so don't know whats going on. Anyway here\s an image after flashing. Is there anything off here?

(Attachment Link)

Did you clean the residual flux from your joints? If you did not corrosion can occur on the PCB/Pads which can damage the connections in the long term. May not be right problem, but it was my first thought given the circumstances.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 07:13:46 »
Need help guys / skully. Had the board for ~3 months w/o issues but few weeks ago it started to act up. First noticed that suddenly the left win key and left alt key started to be on the other way around. Never messed around the firmware since I flash it. Ignored this then a week after its now completely a mess. Only 2 keys are registering correctly left shift and left arrow, can still flash and change the assignment for this two. But the rest of the keys its either not registering any, wrong keys being thrown or multiple key presses.

My soldering was a mess since this was my first, but it worked for months so don't know whats going on. Anyway here\s an image after flashing. Is there anything off here?

(Attachment Link)

Did you clean the residual flux from your joints? If you did not corrosion can occur on the PCB/Pads which can damage the connections in the long term. May not be right problem, but it was my first thought given the circumstances.

Thanks man. Was wondering what those are, saw it before and cleaned it a bit. Thought it was just me burning the pcb. Now noticed they're back (with a vengeance) and started reading around. Never knew it can damage it though. Damn.

Let me see cleaning it thoroughly will help now else it was a costly experience.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 21:55:53 »
Thanks Skully for going above and beyond to help me out tonight.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 September 2016, 23:38:16 by Zanduby »

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 23:39:41 »
i am completely lost at how to flash/program this keyboard. anyone have a more step by step guide? i have a .c file with my layout ready to go.

Here's the link https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware:

1. I just followed the installation guide "Windows (Vista and later)" section (if I recall it correctly)
2. Then download skully's flasher here https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware_flasher/releases/
3. Edit the keymap.c on the extracted qmk_firmware-master\keyboards\clueboard2\keymaps\default folder (downloaded from step 1)
4. Launch MHV shell and navigate to the clueboard2 folder of qmk_firmaware-master\keyboards\clueboard2
5. Just execute/type "Make" on MHV. I think you can pass parameters here to specifically choose what you are compiling or building but haven't tried it.
6. Once the build finish the .hex file would be deployed on the same default of your keymap.c.
7. Launch the flasher and upload your .hex on the board

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 23:41:09 »
i am completely lost at how to flash/program this keyboard. anyone have a more step by step guide? i have a .c file with my layout ready to go.

Here's the link https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware:

1. I just followed the installation guide "Windows (Vista and later)" section (if I recall it correctly)
2. Then download skully's flasher here https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware_flasher/releases/
3. Edit the keymap.c on the extracted qmk_firmware-master\keyboards\clueboard2\keymaps\default folder (downloaded from step 1)
4. Launch MHV shell and navigate to the clueboard2 folder of qmk_firmaware-master\keyboards\clueboard2
5. Just execute/type "Make" on MHV. I think you can pass parameters here to specifically choose what you are compiling or building but haven't tried it.
6. Once the build finish the .hex file would be deployed on the same default of your keymap.c.
7. Launch the flasher and upload your .hex on the board

Thanks for the reply. I worked with Skully for about an hour tonight getting it all fixed.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 08:06:15 »
Looks like Clueboard is on Massdrop. Congratulations Skully!

Quick question is the PCB offered still the version 2 of the PCB in which one would have to do additional soldering of a wire to get the left shift to work (can't remember the details..but it's something like that).

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:27:44 »
Looks like Clueboard is on Massdrop. Congratulations Skully!

Quick question is the PCB offered still the version 2 of the PCB in which one would have to do additional soldering of a wire to get the left shift to work (can't remember the details..but it's something like that).

All of the PCB's affected by that problem have been sold. All future PCB's going forward (including those shipping from my shop today) do not need that fix.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #307 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 18:39:05 »
I just soldered my Alps Clueboard today but I have some issues with the Matias stabilizers.
They seem to be too long. Whenever I press down the key the stabilizer wants to keep going another mm or 2 making the key very hard to press and even flexing the switch sideways.
That can't be right.

Am I doing something wrong here or do I need to do some modding on the wires?
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #308 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 22:46:55 »
I just soldered my Alps Clueboard today but I have some issues with the Matias stabilizers.
They seem to be too long. Whenever I press down the key the stabilizer wants to keep going another mm or 2 making the key very hard to press and even flexing the switch sideways.
That can't be right.

Which direction is the insert facing? Can you take a picture of it, and maybe one that shows it flexing?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #309 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 01:18:52 »
That can't be right.

Which direction is the insert facing? Can you take a picture of it, and maybe one that shows it flexing?
I will give it a shot after the weekend. For now I sort of fixed it by bending the wires inwards.

|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread