Nubbinator's 60% with wooden case
32 (47.8%)
Kurplop's Planet 6
24 (35.8%)
Comradesniper's 356.2
11 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: Tue, 10 November 2015, 02:12:47

Author Topic: Keyboard of the Month - October - Poll  (Read 20378 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the Month - October - Poll
« on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 02:12:47 »
Sorry it is late again guys, I thought I would leave the nominations open over the weekend and yesterday I slept all day, so I apologise to CPT as well for leaving it open and him getting another nomination in  :-[

There was one runaway winner in the nominations this month, but we do have three boards who gained enough interest to make it through to the voting stage. They are:

Nubbinator's 60% build with custom wooden case, FaceW PCB, 67g lubed MX Clears and Cyan GMK set

His build thread can be found here

Next up is Kurplop's new creation with quiet Matias switches - Planet 6

His build thread is here, and is still ongoing!

Finally, we have Comradesniper's 356.2

You can find his album of the board on his flickr page here

The vote will run for seven days, so get your votes in :)

<3
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Keyboard of the Month - October - Poll
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:36:32 »
A pretty easy vote, at least for me this month :)

Good luck with the house move!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 06:20:14 »
Voted.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:25:49 »
I almost wish I could vote for two boards...

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline CannabisWeekly

• Tech Nerd / Cannabis Weekly
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:26:54 »
That 60% looks sick!

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:17:06 »
Darn, didn't realize Kurplop's awesome creation would be in the running. Upholding my word though, the 356.2 is the only other OTD board I'd want, then I could actually be done with keyboards... :rolleyes:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:57:00 »
Darn, didn't realize Kurplop's awesome creation would be in the running.

It's an awesome work in progress, but it's not really a keyboard yet.  I plan on voting for it once it's done.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:04:14 »

It's an awesome work in progress, but it's not really a keyboard yet.  I plan on voting for it once it's done.

I feel the same way. It's kind of weird to see here since it's not finished yet. Besides, nubbinator deserves to win at least once with his woodworking skillz.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:18:49 »
Nub's 60% build is legit, that 356.2 is super nice but anyone with deep pockets and a nice camera could pick that bad boy up

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:13:17 »

I feel the same way. It's kind of weird to see here since it's not finished yet. Besides, nubbinator deserves to win at least once with his woodworking skillz.

I agree. I think he should be born before we can name him.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 22:18:19 »
What can be done in my opinion is to make a new poll with 2 contenders.  Let "Planet Six" come to life for another KOTM.  Makes sense to me. 

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 05:45:02 »
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 05:59:08 »

Offline clochette

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 07:39:20 »
i like wood, but not on keyboards  :-\

Offline lolpes

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 07:42:52 »
i like wood, but not on keyboards  :-\

He  ;)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 08:30:45 »
Why is there a Korean board always in the running? There is literally nothing special about them other than the hype. **** that one doesn't even have keycaps ffs.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 08:38:14 »
Why is there a Korean board always in the running? There is literally nothing special about them other than the hype. **** that one doesn't even have keycaps ffs.

There is if you look on his flickr page.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 08:40:52 »

I still stand by my statement tho. The first board has a handmade case. The second board was hand made. The 356? He just had money to buy it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 08:54:15 »

I still stand by my statement tho. The first board has a handmade case. The second board was hand made. The 356? He just had money to buy it.

True, but we don't always have three different hand built boards to nominate every month. Even when we do have built boards, sometimes the difference isn't very clear cut, like we saw last month. I wanted this to be a variety of boards every month, and while we have had Korans win four times, the variety of boards we have had in this competition IMO has been pretty good.

But like I have said before, if you have any questions or problems surrounding the process, then please keep them to the Feedback Thread.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 11:36:04 »
Is it the handmade keyboard of the month vote ??? I don't think so.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 11:36:37 »

Doesn't mean it's still not a nice keyboard. Not to mention the problems just finding something like that. If you don't like it, don't vote for it
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 11:51:09 »

Doesn't mean it's still not a nice keyboard. Not to mention the problems just finding something like that. If you don't like it, don't vote for it

k

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 11:53:42 »

k

k
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 11:57:24 »
Because they keep getting nominated and +1'd. Some people just love that stuff.

I think the only Kustom I ever voted for was Zeal's Duck Viper, and that's because it was covered in Zealios.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 12:05:48 »
Is it the handmade keyboard of the month vote ??? I don't think so.

Okay

Offline arcvile

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 08:33:15 »
I'm a fan of all of them I'll just got with the 60% 100% of the time rule.

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 01:14:35 »
Congratulations on the well deserved win, Nubbinator!  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 03:31:07 »
Has voting finished?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 21:03:01 »
Wasn't a hard choice for me. I'm a big fan of wood ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:03:18 »
Congrats, nubs!

My boards:
More

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:22:44 »
Yeah, congratulations on the win. That's a nice looking keyboard. Very classy looking. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 03:33:58 »
Congrats nubbs :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 04:09:00 »
Congratulations to nubbs! Great finish on the wood, great caps, great winner!

His board now goes into the list of monthly winners, and there is only one vote left until the Keyboard of the Year is decided! I really need to think of a prize...

If anybody can think of a worthy prize, then by all means let me know :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 04:20:59 »
Hand job?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 08:17:50 »

Winner gets all the runner-up boards.

My boards:
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:10:45 »

His board now goes into the list of monthly winners, and there is only one vote left until the Keyboard of the Year is decided! I really need to think of a prize...

One vote left - November?

What about December?

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 14:41:25 »

What about December?

Well... it seems the year for keyboard of the month starts with December (according to the thread where all the monthly winners are posted)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:13:34 »
Congrats Nubs. Such a beautiful board.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 19:36:10 »

What about December?

Well... it seems the year for keyboard of the month starts with December (according to the thread where all the monthly winners are posted)

Ah, I hadn't noticed that.