Author Topic: New to Mech Keebs - East Coast USA  (Read 1084 times)

Offline AteBitKeeb

New to Mech Keebs - East Coast USA
« on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 19:09:31 »
About 6 months ago I stumbled upon a mechanical keyboard video in my YouTube feed. My Logitech Pro was certainly dated at this point so I decided to take a look. After seeing and especially hearing how amazing mechanical keyboards could be I decided it was time for a change.  I now have two mechanical keyboards (technically one is my sons that I built for him). Both are Royal Kludge budget boards. One RK68 and one RK87. Both have several mods done to them and both sound and look great!

My favorite part of mechanical keyboards has been the ability to really tinker the budget boards through mods and the great amount of customization freedom you have with mechanical keyboards as a whole. From the case materials, keycap profile / materials, different plates and of course the switches. I have always tinkered with things and love pc building so this hobby fit me perfectly. I don't see myself ever going into the higher end keyboards, or the mid-range to be perfectly honest. But I can see myself owning multiple budget boards and having a blast modding them to get the absolute best out of them. If it sounds good stock, I'm not interested. Gimme something to work on and improve and I'm happy!

I look forward to learning more and helping others where I can. Hopefully I don't go broke getting into this hobby as my computer hardware is also in need of an upgrade and those parts aren't cheap!