Author Topic: MACHINE INDUSTRIES CONFIGURATOR  (Read 57858 times)

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
MACHINE INDUSTRIES CONFIGURATOR
« on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 17:23:03 »
https://rama.works/configurator

Version 1.0.0

Post bugs/suggestions/etc below :)

NOTE: This is in ALPHA, many more improvements and features to be added!!

Loadable configurations are downloadable through the link :)

IF you have any cool configurations you'd like to share, send em over through mail@rama.works

« Last Edit: Thu, 17 November 2016, 18:59:45 by KingRama »
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: MACHINE INDUSTRIES CONFIGURATOR
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 18:48:25 »
najs

Offline stillzman

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 18:53:09 »

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 05:55:22 »
Playing around with configs. Am I blind or is there no key for opening up media player?

I have a UI suggestion RAMA. Perhaps instead of bringing up a new menu that covers the device picture when you select an action, have the 'press or click a key...' section come up under the action buttons? I photoshopped it to show you what I mean. Clicking through the options I don't remember which key I actually selected, so I kept going back and forth. I think this way would be quicker, I know it's only 4 buttons haha.

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 04:24:28 »
najs

x2

Thanks guys! All credit to machine industries :)
Playing around with configs. Am I blind or is there no key for opening up media player?

I have a UI suggestion RAMA. Perhaps instead of bringing up a new menu that covers the device picture when you select an action, have the 'press or click a key...' section come up under the action buttons? I photoshopped it to show you what I mean. Clicking through the options I don't remember which key I actually selected, so I kept going back and forth. I think this way would be quicker, I know it's only 4 buttons haha.

Show Image

Yooo, I can't see it either :P I'll get him to add it :)

Also cheers for the suggest, I think it was actually originally like that - but it doesn't translate well to larger boards unfortunately :( I get what you mean that it adds up over time, but realestate becomes less as the board gets bigger and the configurator will be used for all of my boards :o
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline brizzzle

• ipee9932cd
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 22:56:29 »
Some quick things that I noticed - In the backlight settings, you are missing Bl_1 and skip to Bl_2 making it 2-6 not 1-5 and in the punctuation section, the symbols are flipped... does this affect the output or is this just a Staya thing :D? Also are all 11 layers usable even though there are only 6 of both the layer switching keys?

Offline Unix.dmr

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 07:26:46 »
I wonder that the usb hub with independent power supply ia not avaliable for M4-A? i'd changed several hubs and cables but all failed. :(
   Collection:
more on the way......
       Filco Celadon        Filco Metal-pink        Orion v2                    VE.A               HHKB Pro2     Smart68         Preonic

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 16:07:24 »
Some quick things that I noticed - In the backlight settings, you are missing Bl_1 and skip to Bl_2 making it 2-6 not 1-5 and in the punctuation section, the symbols are flipped... does this affect the output or is this just a Staya thing :D ? Also are all 11 layers usable even though there are only 6 of both the layer switching keys?

Yeah hah, definitely a mistake - that needs to be fixed :P And the extra layer keys need to be added :)

I wonder that the usb hub with independent power supply ia not avaliable for M4-A? i'd changed several hubs and cables but all failed. :(

What do you mean? :E 

Offline Unix.dmr

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 18:51:08 »
Some quick things that I noticed - In the backlight settings, you are missing Bl_1 and skip to Bl_2 making it 2-6 not 1-5 and in the punctuation section, the symbols are flipped... does this affect the output or is this just a Staya thing :D ? Also are all 11 layers usable even though there are only 6 of both the layer switching keys?

Yeah hah, definitely a mistake - that needs to be fixed :P And the extra layer keys need to be added :)

What do you mean? :E 

aha, I mean my PC cannot identify M4-A while M4-A is connected in USB HUB  :-X :-X :-X  However the backlight still works well.
   Collection:
more on the way......
       Filco Celadon        Filco Metal-pink        Orion v2                    VE.A               HHKB Pro2     Smart68         Preonic

Offline hnrk

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 02:22:30 »
Not sure if bug or if I did something wrong but after installing the drivers and launching the configurator there is no picture/diagram of the board (M4-A in this case), and I can't do any programming/assigning of keys.

Once I loaded the pre-made music config though, it appears and I can now use the configurator.

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 04:22:49 »
Not sure if bug or if I did something wrong but after installing the drivers and launching the configurator there is no picture/diagram of the board (M4-A in this case), and I can't do any programming/assigning of keys.

Once I loaded the pre-made music config though, it appears and I can now use the configurator.

You have to "select your board" (press that, then press M4-A), it's a little confusing I agree :P

There's a better manual here: http://www.machineindustries.co/guides/configurator-manual

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 02:55:07 »
Hey Rama -

I want to use the M4-A to store passwords.  My plan is to have password macros assigned to keys on layer 8 and the obscure sequence of keystrokes required to activate layer 8 will be the equivalent of a "master password". 

My question is whether or not it is possible to have that last keystroke which activates layer 8, also activate the backlight? Basically is there any way to bind more than 1 action to a single keystroke? 

The resulting experience would be:

1) Sits down at desk and goes to log in computer

2) Clicks the password box to "type" password

3) Turns to M4-A

M4-A: current layer toggled is 1 and the backlight is OFF

4) Enters the sequence of keystrokes required to toggle up to layer 7

M4-A: current layer toggled is 7 and the backlight is OFF

5) Enters last keystroke in the sequence to toggle Layer 8

M4-A: layer 8 activated and backlight turns on (visually signalling to me that the "password" layer was successfully toggled)

6) Presses the key assigned that has the login password macro assigned to it 

Password appears on screen in box, layers 2-8 are deactivated and the backlight turns off  (visually signalling the password layer is now deactivated)

M4-A: current layer toggled is 1 and the backlight is OFF

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 03:01:23 by libertycannon »

Offline libertycannon

Re: MACHINE INDUSTRIES CONFIGUR
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 23:12:38 »
Why is this not being updated? In the massdrop discussion for the M10 and even in this very thread, you mention adding multiple features and also, most importantly, about fixes coming yet ostensibly nothing is happening.  I suppose its not the end of the world but for a huge fan of yours its pretty disappointing.  Less cufflinks and more support.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 March 2017, 23:33:14 by libertycannon »

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 23:39:59 »
Why is this not being updated? In the massdrop discussion for the M10 and even in this very thread, you mention adding multiple features and also, most importantly, about fixes coming yet ostensibly nothing is happening.  I suppose its not the end of the world but for a huge fan of yours its pretty disappointing.  Less cufflinks and more support.

That is very unfair, I have asked Machine Industries (Josh) to reply to this when he has time. He's very busy working on adding new features to the software before launch.

Lots of cool things to come (like OTA updates, board/layer level LED control etc)

My work as an Industrial Designer has no bearing on the software and the work done with that.

Here are his comments when I has asked him to reply to it:

"So, regarding the geekhack post - I’ll test it out but I think you can. That’s pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I suggested using it as a password manager :slightly_smiling_face:

[6:38 PM] 
I think you can add board actions to a macro, so if you create a macro that toggles layer 8 on and toggles the backlight on, I think that might do it - I’ll test it out later on"

----

"Dude, I think I just cracked board level and layer level backlight control :smile:

[12:06 AM] 
Had to make some changes to the underlying TMK firmware, but it seems to work - I’m going to test it a bit more but if all looks good, I’m going to add it to the configurator/compiler and add it to the features for this release :slightly_smiling_face:"

« Last Edit: Wed, 01 March 2017, 23:58:15 by KingRama »

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 23:55:45 »
-woops

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 00:16:33 »
 It is certainly fair to post asking for updates on statements you made my friend.   I am beyond stoked it isnt forgotten (see edit below).  That was all I needed to hear. 

Edit: Wait.... what do you mean before launch?  Isn't it version 1.0 and used by the M4A right now?  Is the real launch not the M4A but instead the upcoming M10?  Is it prelaunch?  That would be completely different because i thought this "launched" all the way back when the M4 shipped. 
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 March 2017, 00:26:24 by libertycannon »

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 00:25:40 »
oh come there are no signs of life here Rama - it is certainly fair to post asking for updates on statements YOU made my friend.   I am beyond stoked it isnt forgotten.  A simple sentence in the OP like "we are working on the update" would be cool but who am i kidding.  Apparently im the only one who is passionate about the configurator and concerned.   Thanks dude that was all I needed to hear.

Wait wait wait.... what do you mean before launch?  Isn't it version 1.0 and used by the M4A?  Is the real launch not the M4A but instead the upcoming M10?

I get what you're saying man, and we're definitely lacking in the updates - it just doesn't make sense for me to relay the work of someone else. I'll speak to Machine and hopefully have a place where he can post proper updates etc :)

Oh and by launch I meant for the launch of the M10-A, the version created for the M4A is in Alpha (as stated in the OP). Josh has been working continuously over the past months to make sure it's got the features we've wanted before people receive the m10 units. (which will also be valid for the M4 units and any other board using the configurator going forward :) )

An update was also posted on his instagram 2 days ago here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRBpFZ2BbyE/?taken-by=machineindustries

I really am happy that you're passionate about the configurator, and I can assure you that Machine has been putting in a lot of hard hours into making it better and better :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 March 2017, 00:27:29 by KingRama »

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 08:12:18 »
It is certainly fair to post asking for updates on statements you made my friend.   I am beyond stoked it isn't forgotten (see edit below).  That was all I needed to hear. 

Hey there dude, Josh here from Machine, just dropping in to say hi & give a quick update.

First off, thanks for your enthusiasm for what we make - it's really awesome to get good feedback and its nice to hear that people are stoked for the stuff we're working on, especially on the software/electronic side. Most of the work I do tends to be pretty invisible to the end user, most of the feedback I get is 'This is broken, please fix', so like I said, It's super-nice to see people are stoked about the configurator :)

Second, I totally appreciate you wanting updates more frequently, I'll try and be a little more forthcoming in future. Like Rama said, it's just me working on the configurator in my spare time outside of work and there's a f***-ton of stuff to get done, so I don't get much time to give updates besides the one-line messages I send to Rama to keep him in the loop.

The version of the configurator out right now (1.0.0) is the first bare-bones alpha release, it does just about enough to be useful but is missing a lot of the things we want to add to make it actually good. On top of that, the web-based firmware compiler the configurator uses originally wasn't built to handle many users, but given we'll be adding another 600+ users in the next couple of weeks, I've been putting a lot of work into making it more scalable and reliable. The release we're working on right now (1.1.0) is what I'm calling the first 'proper' release, adding in a lot of the stuff we didn't get chance to in the first alpha. The release will include:

- Drag-and-drop macros to make editing macros way easier
- Macro delays, allowing you to add delays in macros
- Board-level backlight control
- Layer-level backlight control
- Windows drivers in the installer, so you don't have to download them separately
- Possibly tap actions, so you can set separate Push actions and Tap actions on a key (If I can get it finished in the next few days!)
- Auto-updates, meaning you won't have to download a new configurator every time we add or fix something

The Auto-updates are a big one, they mean after this release, we can add new features and fix bugs often rather than doing big releases. So every time I complete a new feature, I'll be able to post a quick update wherever it needs to be, then push it out so everyone gets it. There are a handful of other projects I'm working on right now outside of actual work, but the lion's share of my time is going into the configurator/compiler right now, so you'll be seeing that progress relatively shortly.

Hope that gives you a bit of an insight into what we're working on. Like I said, I'll try and be a bit more responsive on here/reddit/email when I have the time, and things should calm down a little bit after this release drops :)

If there's anything else you wanted to ask, give me a shout, I'm happy to answer.

-JBL

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 12:23:00 »
Oh wow thank you man.  I am going to write more but just wanted to say how much I appreciate your response and Rama's.  That was exactly the level of awesome work I was hoping was happening and I feel a bit bad for being so direct.  I just saw no updates for a long time and figured it was forgotten which I shouldn't have.  Anyhow really appreciate the amazing work you are doing on this for the release and I am beyond excited to jump into this more.  I feel like I should delete the OP i made but I will leave it so people can see how well you guys handled yourselves.

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 18:22:23 »
Oh wow thank you man.  I am going to write more but just wanted to say how much I appreciate your response and Rama's.  That was exactly the level of awesome work I was hoping was happening and I feel a bit bad for being so direct.  I just saw no updates for a long time and figured it was forgotten which I shouldn't have.  Anyhow really appreciate the amazing work you are doing on this for the release and I am beyond excited to jump into this more.  I feel like I should delete the OP i made but I will leave it so people can see how well you guys handled yourselves.

Ah no worries at all man, I think we needed a little push like that. We're looking into ways to provide better updates to you guys and keep you in the loop :) Don't feel bad at all man, completely understandable reaction!

Can't wait to show you all that's been going on in the background - going to be a really excited year I think :)

Have a great day mate!

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 15:58:50 »
Hey guys i have a question when you get a chance. 

So I soldered all the switches/LEDs and on my computer at home, I installed the drivers then installed the configurator.  I plugged it in and installed the drivers like the instructions say.  Next I loaded up the configurator and assigned key actions etc.  once I compile and save, it says "disconnected".  I unplug and plug it back in and it works just fine.

Now I take the M4-A to my office and plug it in.  The leds come on for a second and then go off followed by a botification that says unknown device detected.  So i go download drivers and open the device manager, open the unknown device and select update drivwr, then open the folder with the drivers.  It says it can't proceed and that if i have 32 bit windows to use the 32-bit driver.

So it seems the M4-A is not working now. 

I was thinking that it would operate, once flashed and compiled from my home comp, just like any keyboard or whatever when I plug it into a new computer.  Does it sound like I have done something wrong? How can I get around my computer not letting ke install drivers?

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 19:48:54 »
Hey guys i have a question when you get a chance. 

So I soldered all the switches/LEDs and on my computer at home, I installed the drivers then installed the configurator.  I plugged it in and installed the drivers like the instructions say.  Next I loaded up the configurator and assigned key actions etc.  once I compile and save, it says "disconnected".  I unplug and plug it back in and it works just fine.

Now I take the M4-A to my office and plug it in.  The leds come on for a second and then go off followed by a botification that says unknown device detected.  So i go download drivers and open the device manager, open the unknown device and select update drivwr, then open the folder with the drivers.  It says it can't proceed and that if i have 32 bit windows to use the 32-bit driver.

So it seems the M4-A is not working now. 

I was thinking that it would operate, once flashed and compiled from my home comp, just like any keyboard or whatever when I plug it into a new computer.  Does it sound like I have done something wrong? How can I get around my computer not letting ke install drivers?

That's correct, it should just operate on any computer once programmed as a HID device and be recognised just as a keyboard - you won't need the drivers once programmed.

Are you using the device through a hub or something?

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 11:49:13 »
Well I tried a direct connection and got the same message so I don't think that is the issue.  It still said it was an unrecognized device.  Maybe I accidently hit the reset button? I will reset it and eliminate that as a possibility next.   

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 17:29:09 »
Well I tried a direct connection and got the same message so I don't think that is the issue.  It still said it was an unrecognized device.  Maybe I accidently hit the reset button? I will reset it and eliminate that as a possibility next.   

Let me know how it goes mate, goodluck :)

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 22:08:15 »
Yeah no luck - does this actually work on windows 7?  I have tried two different computers with windows 7 and they do not recognize it.  The windows 10 computer it works 100% of the time.  Does it matter if the computer i compiled it on is 64bit and the computers i am trying to use it on are 32bit?  Does it require a usb 3.0 port?
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 March 2017, 23:37:58 by libertycannon »

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 04:23:50 »
Hey libertycannon, it sucks to hear you're having trouble with the M4, let me have a look into it and see if we can figure out what's going on :)
Could you fill me in on a couple of details to start off with - the OS of the computer that works and the one(s) that don't, and if you used a USB3 port or a USB2 port, that should be enough to get started with.
Hopefully we can get this sorted pretty quickly if it's a software issue, or if not, I'll hand-assemble a new board for you and send it across.

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 04:32:49 »
Yeah no luck - does this actually work on windows 7?  I have tried two different computers with windows 7 and they do not recognize it.  The windows 10 computer it works 100% of the time.  Does it matter if the computer i compiled it on is 64bit and the computers i am trying to use it on are 32bit?  Does it require a usb 3.0 port?

Should work fine on Windows 7, thats the version I did the majority of my Windows testing with, and it shouldn't need a USB 3.0 port, though I've heard reports that the TMK firmware can have trouble with USB 3 ports sometimes. You said it works on your home computer - can you plug it in and open up the device manager, check in the USB devices panel for the device and send a screenshot of what you see?

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 19:57:16 »
Before I took screenshots I decided to test it on one other computer.  I broke out my 2009 macbook pro and it worked there exactly like tou would expect.  Detected it just like a keyboard and all the buttons worked just right.

So two non-work computers (new desktop/old macbook)  work and two work computers (laptop/desktop) do not.  The two non-work computers detect it as the M4-A.  The two work computers show it as an unrecognized device.

I am now thinking that there could be some type of policy or something related to settings preventing the necessary actions to happen for this to be recognized on the work computers.  Does that make sense?  I am going to ask one of the server admins in my office if they are aware of anything.

I am going to eliminate that next so I don't waste anyone else's time here.  Thanks for the fast help guys.

Offline libertycannon

Re: MACHINE INDUSTRIES CONFIGURATO
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 21:56:52 »
Hey guys two things.  Is there a 32-bit version of the 1.1.4 release available?  (On github it is just the 64-bit).  Second, the m-series guide on your site rama has a link to the 1.0.0 release of the configurator.  That version did not work on the M10-A.  It would compile and upload but no bindings would stick.  The 1.1.4 worked great though (on a 64-bit comp i have).  Just a heads up. 

Also really awesome work on the configurator. It is really fantastic especially with all the improvements delivered just like you had promised.  A+!  Also the M10 is beautiful but that goes without saying.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 April 2017, 21:58:48 by libertycannon »

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 05:08:05 »
Hey there, I'll try and get a 32 bit build out today - I've already started working on the new guide but that might take a couple or days :) Cheers for the heads up though, here and on Reddit, it's super helpful for me to iron out any bugs that might crop up :) I'm going to be pretty much on-call for the next couple of weeks so I can fix anything that comes up as fast as possible

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 18:00:50 »
Hey there! Just a nudge to let y'all know that I've updated the configurator guide to match the latest version, and that the new windows installer (1.1.5) *should* work for both 32 & 64 bit systems, though I haven't tested on a 32 bit system yet - give it a whirl and see if it works, if not, I'll have another look tomorrow :) 

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 18:05:19 »
Hey there! Just a nudge to let y'all know that I've updated the configurator guide to match the latest version, and that the new windows installer (1.1.5) *should* work for both 32 & 64 bit systems, though I haven't tested on a 32 bit system yet - give it a whirl and see if it works, if not, I'll have another look tomorrow :) 

You rock man and thanks for the awesome support.  I will check it iut and report any issues.  Is there a change log anywhere?

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 22:25:30 »

Dude you NAILED it with this application.  ****ing awesome work seriously.  I love the backlight layer settings.  Password manager with led indicator incoming!!!!

« Last Edit: Wed, 19 April 2017, 12:11:36 by libertycannon »

Offline scudco

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 18:36:41 »
I was wondering if the M10-A will be added to the list of supported QMK keyboards or if the source files might be made available. I've been trying to read up because I'm rather new to this. I'm not sure but is this something that I should be able to figure out on my own?

Offline libertycannon

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 12:12:20 »
Hey is it a possibility to add ability to toggle LED backlighting on an individual key basis?  Like as you switch layers, have each layer light up a different key to give a visual indicator of what layer you are on?

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 05 August 2017, 09:22:15 »
Hey guys

I'm trying to make a simple CTRL + X macro for a cut command, but when I use the below combination the CTRL is getting stuck on. If I use the macro then when I go to use my keyboard it acts as if CTRL is still stuck down and I have to either switch layers or unplug the M10-a to stop it. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Edit, I think I mixed up the way the arrows work thinking that down was up and up was down and so my macro was releasing the CTRL, pressing the key and then pressing the CTRL down instead of the other way around! Silly me...
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 August 2017, 11:02:40 by RealLaugh »

Offline Wren

• Artist
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 12:00:26 »
After installing the 0.2.0 configurator whenever I open the app it just hangs at the 'X 0' grid animation. Happens on both mac and windows. What am I doing wrong?

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 06:34:12 »
After installing the 0.2.0 configurator whenever I open the app it just hangs at the 'X 0' grid animation. Happens on both mac and windows. What am I doing wrong?

Hey mate! Which board are you trying to program? If it's the original M10-A use this configurator here: https://app.knops.io/ cheers :)

Offline Wren

• Artist
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 19:50:26 »

Hey mate! Which board are you trying to program? If it's the original M10-A use this configurator here: https://app.knops.io/ cheers :)

Its the new M60A. You did a wonderful job on the hardware btw.

Offline Wren

• Artist
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 19:53:22 »
I got it to work, the trick was turning off the mac's wireless keyboard. I think that was interfering with it. thanks!

Offline KingRama

• www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 06:02:06 »
I got it to work, the trick was turning off the mac's wireless keyboard. I think that was interfering with it. thanks!

Awesome!! Sometimes you have to disconnect other devices, and also connect directly to PC and not through USB hub for VIA Configurator to work :)

Cheers :D