Author Topic: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)  (Read 1397282 times)

Offline TravisW

Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(ergodox addon orders being taken in thread)
« Reply #550 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 00:50:38 »
Are we still sitting at 10? I'd be in for 2 sets to help reach 25 if we at all close to that mark.

We're at 10 committed, and 15 if we reach 25. FWIW, after we reach 16 committed to buy (outright, not contingent on 25), it becomes more cost-effective just to buy 25. I'm not sure whether the buyers would simply split the extra pieces in this situation or what, but we're six sets away from that point, so the issue may be moot.

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #551 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 04:17:12 »
Bunny,

Still any possibility of getting the sets shipped before February? With the ergodox delays, would this still be possible?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #552 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 06:17:44 »
Bunny,

Still any possibility of getting the sets shipped before February? With the ergodox delays, would this still be possible?

the ergodox is delaying this by about 4 days or so, i will have them sorted by tomorrow, as for when they will ship out, sp normally tells us 4 - 8 weeks, sometimes they are super fast, sometimes its slightly delayed, i guess its dependent on how much they have on etc
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #553 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 07:11:16 »
Are we still sitting at 10? I'd be in for 2 sets to help reach 25 if we at all close to that mark.

We're at 10 committed, and 15 if we reach 25. FWIW, after we reach 16 committed to buy (outright, not contingent on 25), it becomes more cost-effective just to buy 25. I'm not sure whether the buyers would simply split the extra pieces in this situation or what, but we're six sets away from that point, so the issue may be moot.

Totally misread TravisW's previous post initially.

After reading the last few pages again is Binge in or not? Also is Balanar in for a set no matter what and 2 if we can reach 25 sets?

Edited: totally missed what TravisW said initially
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 December 2013, 08:38:17 by zflamewing »
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #554 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 07:23:15 »
basically we need about 950 dollars for 25 sets, so however that is split doesnt bother me

if we have any money less than that we are at the 10 price point

i dont have the numbers to hand but its roughly 100 for the legends to be cut and 850 for the 25 sets, id really like to get this sorted today or tomorrow though

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #555 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 09:46:47 »
basically we need about 950 dollars for 25 sets, so however that is split doesnt bother me

i dont have the numbers to hand but its roughly 100 for the legends to be cut and 850 for the 25 sets, id really like to get this sorted today or tomorrow though

Not to be pessimistic, but it looks like we're getting the 10. LMK if you are going to put the key cutting donation on my invoice or if I should send that separately. It certainly IS a gift, but I don't want paypal to think it's sketchy.

-Josh

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #556 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 10:54:58 »
ok guys

good news

i am now guaranteeing the 25 price point on the dox kits

some time tonight or in a few hours, i will either add the kit to the site, or set up a google doc for everyone who wants one to fill out, i need a quick turnaround o nthis so orders will be cut off on sunday

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #557 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:19:40 »

Not to be pessimistic, but it looks like we're getting the 10. LMK if you are going to put the key cutting donation on my invoice or if I should send that separately. It certainly IS a gift, but I don't want paypal to think it's sketchy.

-Josh

if you are still ok to do that, i can tag it onto your invoice no problem, but whatever is best for you

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #558 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 11:40:18 »
ok guys

good news

i am now guaranteeing the 25 price point on the dox kits

some time tonight or in a few hours, i will either add the kit to the site, or set up a google doc for everyone who wants one to fill out, i need a quick turnaround o nthis so orders will be cut off on sunday

That is good news :)
Thank you very much for all the awesome energy, effort, and lengths you go to so things like this happen!

Offline kektr0city

« Reply #559 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 12:13:25 »
****in BOOM.  hells yea.  thank you very much bunny!

Offline jefferai

« Reply #560 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 13:24:54 »

-Josh

if you are still ok to do that, i can tag it onto your invoice no problem, but whatever is best for you

Given the 25 price point, I wonder if everyone that committed would be willing to pay the $4 to take this burden off Josh alone...

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #561 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 14:12:37 »
I wouldn't worry about it. I am guessing that BunnyLake has decided to take a bit of a hit on this for now to help make this happen. Bigger than mine unless he knows something I don't (entirely possible.) Any extra funds should be given to Bunny first, after all, he's doing all the hard work. I'm just tossing some money at the problem. Maybe the low price will attract more people, but since everyone is already waiting on us, we do need to close this buy up ASAP.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #562 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 14:18:56 »
i will soon be popping the dox kit on the site with the rest of the penumbra stuff, what im gonna do is set the deadline to sunday night, if when you order, you could all pop your order number of whatever else you ordered in the notes section, that would help me a ton, and ill deduct the shipping charges from all the dox orders as it gets added automatically

ill post here once it is up

glad we could get it sorted for you guys

Offline mooswa

« Reply #563 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 14:30:29 »
Thank you bunny, cultofjosh and everyone else who made this happen!  To our non-ergodox brethren - I salute your patience!

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #564 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 15:58:23 »
i will soon be popping the dox kit on the site with the rest of the penumbra stuff, what im gonna do is set the deadline to sunday night, if when you order, you could all pop your order number of whatever else you ordered in the notes section, that would help me a ton, and ill deduct the shipping charges from all the dox orders as it gets added automatically

Awesome bunny, but you're turning what seems to be a simple order into WalletHack x2, for the better I suppose. Now ergo on penumbra, and raindrop, hnggggg.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #565 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:01:26 »

Awesome bunny, but you're turning what seems to be a simple order into WalletHack x2, for the better I suppose. Now ergo on penumbra, and raindrop, hnggggg.

not sure what you mean sir, all im doing is popping it on the site so everyone can order, if i dont put it on there, everyone ends up sending pms and its a nightmare to keep track of etc

Offline chuda

« Reply #566 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:38:19 »
Hi guys,
I'd like to join to this drop, what is aprox. date of delivery? The thing is I'm from Russia and going to use a forwarder service, currently I'm awaiting  ergodox from last massdrop, I'd like to consolidate these buys, ergodox is about mid of Jan. How do you think is it possible?
Thanks.
QFR, ErgoDox

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #567 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:45:29 »
Hi guys,
I'd like to join to this drop, what is aprox. date of delivery? The thing is I'm from Russia and going to use a forwarder service, currently I'm awaiting  ergodox from last massdrop, I'd like to consolidate these buys, ergodox is about mid of Jan. How do you think is it possible?
Thanks.

It won't be ready in mid-January.  Production itself takes 4-8 weeks, then the keycaps have to be sent to Bunny and his team, sorted (they don't come pre-sorted into sets by Signature Plastics), split into individual shipping boxes, and then sent to buyers. 
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline chuda

« Reply #568 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:58:29 »
It won't be ready in mid-January.  Production itself takes 4-8 weeks, then the keycaps have to be sent to Bunny and his team, sorted (they don't come pre-sorted into sets by Signature Plastics), split into individual shipping boxes, and then sent to buyers.

So it sounds like end of feb at least... I'm planned to use my CM QuickFire keycaps at the beginning, oh boy it's whole new world but I can't wait for 3+ month...,
QFR, ErgoDox

Offline chuda

« Reply #569 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 17:00:11 »
I mean all these group buys and etc.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 December 2013, 17:03:03 by chuda »
QFR, ErgoDox

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(ergodox addon now taking orders)
« Reply #570 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 17:04:11 »
yeah at a guess you are looking at late feb sir
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 December 2013, 17:29:06 by BunnyLake »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #571 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 17:04:18 »
Yeah, you need a lot of patience for group buys, because they are run by keyboard enthusiasts like yourself even, who usually have actual jobs and limited time for hobbies.  And small-scale production takes time as well, when money is gradually collected, sent in for production, then products need to be checked, sorted, etc.  Even packaging everything takes time.  Imagine sorting just 50 keycap sets from individual keycap containers and packaging them for shipping to buyers.

Offline chuda

« Reply #572 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 17:20:36 »
Yep, plenty of work.
So I'm going to order some leftovers from signature plastic all these non standard extra 1.5 and 2 keys, and probably order this set for the future.
Last question just to be clear this GB is about ergodox specific modifiers keys only or full 76 keyset?
QFR, ErgoDox

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #573 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 17:25:09 »
Yep, plenty of work.
So I'm going to order some leftovers from signature plastic all these non standard extra 1.5 and 2 keys, and probably order this set for the future.
Last question just to be clear this GB is about ergodox specific modifiers keys only or full 76 keyset?

right now its to cover lots of keyboard layouts, the ergodox option will be added in an hour or so

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #574 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 17:28:34 »
scratch that

its ready now

everyone

please order your dox stuff here

http://ctrlaltgroupbuy.com/buys/penumbra-solarized

that and the rest of the buy will be open for 2 more days, that is gonna be a firm cutoff

if you already have an order and jsut want to add the dox stuff, please include your original order number in the notes and ill only charge you for shipping once

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #575 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 19:46:09 »
Ordered up the dox set.  I'm so looking forward to seeing these first hand....now to work on sourcing the Dox to put them on hehe.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #576 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 19:50:32 »

Ordered up the dox set.  I'm so looking forward to seeing these first hand....now to work on sourcing the Dox to put them on hehe.

There is one in the classifieds with browns at a good price.  I would link it if I didn't have a baby in my arms.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #577 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 20:21:06 »

There is one in the classifieds with browns at a good price.  I would link it if I didn't have a baby in my arms.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51125.0
 :thumb:

Offline f1shf3ast

« Reply #578 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 12:13:17 »
Ordered and paid. Thanks for the quick invoicing.

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #579 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 13:41:46 »
Can't wait for the delivery  ;D

Offline Tuntematon

« Reply #580 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 15:11:45 »
My first post and my first group buy.  Excited! Penumbra is hardcore.  Now, Round 5 or no Round 5, that is the question.  Also, the GB website, the layout, ordering...everything is top notch. Very impressed.

Offline jefferai

« Reply #581 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 16:07:52 »
My first post and my first group buy.  Excited! Penumbra is hardcore.  Now, Round 5 or no Round 5, that is the question.  Also, the GB website, the layout, ordering...everything is top notch. Very impressed.

My first GB too. Ended up buying this and way too much R5.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:43:50 by jefferai »

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #582 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 20:29:16 »
My first GB as well.  I foolish thought I was going to escape with just the base set and the number pad and ended up with the Solarized alphas and the ErgoDox.  I don't regret it :)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #583 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 20:31:18 »
My first GB as well.  I foolish thought I was going to escape with just the base set and the number pad and ended up with the Solarized alphas and the ErgoDox.  I don't regret it :)

If you are going to do that with any set, this is the one to do it with.  :)

Offline jefferai

Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(moving to production)
« Reply #584 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 13:25:20 »
I have two invoices, one for the base set + shipping and one for ErgoDox + cable + shipping. IIRC I should wait on paying this since one or the other should have shipping removed from the amount (I did include my previous order number in the ErgoDox order)? Will I get another invoice for both of them combined?

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #585 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 14:02:26 »
I have two invoices, one for the base set + shipping and one for ErgoDox + cable + shipping. IIRC I should wait on paying this since one or the other should have shipping removed from the amount (I did include my previous order number in the ErgoDox order)? Will I get another invoice for both of them combined?

When I placed the 2nd order the site always listed the shipping in both. When both invoices came in one was priced without shipping. You should notice something similar I'd suspect.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #586 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 14:32:53 »

if a prveious order number was in the notes, and i hadnt been asked to cancel an order, shipping should only be charged on one invoice

if it hasnt been done, please send me a pm with both invoice numbers and order numbers and ill check that for you

Offline Tuntematon

« Reply #587 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 15:43:53 »

My first GB too. Ended up buying this and way too much R5.

Round 5 is designed to drive you to excess.  Not much you can do about it unless you have some serious will power.  Penumbra forced me to cut back, though.  I ditched my red alphas  :'(

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #588 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:26:44 »
Round 5 is designed to drive you to excess.  Not much you can do about it unless you have some serious will power.  Penumbra forced me to cut back, though.  I ditched my red alphas  :'(

Never ditch the R5 because you can own both the Penumbra and the R5.  Together - they are unmatched in the world of key-caps :thumb: .

If you're serious about the SA Profile then you need to put up the moolah to get all that's available.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #589 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:15:43 »
Between R4, R5 (TKL only) and Penumbra, I think I've enough of SA profile to last me for a long time. Besides, I'm growing fonder of HHKB each day.

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #590 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 19:46:24 »

Never ditch the R5 because you can own both the Penumbra and the R5.  Together - they are unmatched in the world of key-caps :thumb: .

If you're serious about the SA Profile then you need to put up the moolah to get all that's available.

I still don't get SA profile. Are these spherical or cylindrical ? Isn't SA profile simply just SP's profile?

( Still a noob when it comes to key caps, don't hurt me )

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #591 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 19:48:41 »

I still don't get SA profile. Are these spherical or cylindrical ? Isn't SA profile simply just SP's profile?

DCS is SP's cylindrical profile.  DSA is SP's short spherical, SA is SP's tall/thick spherical.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #592 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 19:49:08 »
http://www.keycapsdirect.com/pdfs/SAFamily.pdf

"High Profile, Spherical Top, Sculptured"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #593 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 20:35:31 »

these pics might help you (taken from commando thread)

dcs ,sa, dsa

48890-0

48892-1

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #594 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 20:55:42 »

these pics might help you (taken from commando thread)

dcs ,sa, dsa

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

hey jack............can't wait ;D
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #595 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 22:11:57 »
Thanks for all the help guys. Making waiting that much harder! I won't be able to even see these keycaps for 4+ months!

Really want to try some DSA now.

For those that are used to regular OEM / cherry profile, is going to SA profile hard to get accustomed to or?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #596 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 23:26:12 »
Yes for me. There is some adjustment. Thankfully, I don't touch type but poke at the keys so it didn't take much adjustment.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #597 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 00:11:46 »
Thankfully, I don't touch type but poke at the keys so it didn't take much adjustment.

Yep, I tried touch typing but in reality I'm a poker, and damn proud of it was well  :thumb: .

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #598 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 00:18:19 »
cant wait to see how the code and hack keys look on my keyboard.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline balanar

« Reply #599 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 00:42:21 »
I am super excited for this set! The prospect of the blue on cream coupled with the thickness and profile of SA really appeals to me. Ordered like 3 sets of almost everything. Here's the picture photoelectric posted awhile back that made me order more: