Author Topic: FK-9000 calculator hack?  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Galane

FK-9000 calculator hack?
« on: Tue, 26 October 2010, 03:22:18 »
Might there be some way to hack the calculator of the FK-9000 to send data to the computer?

When I'm using Photoshop or trueSpace and some other programs, I usually have Windows calculator open, but I'm always having to switch between it and the other to transfer the numbers.

It would be so much easier to be able to do the calculating on the keyboard then fire the numbers up the pipe to wherever the typing cursor is.

I do have a USB number pad/calculator that has a button to send the result to the computer, but my desk space is already too crowded. (Don't have room for the Microsoft Strategic Commander or the PS/2 Saitek PC-Dash!)

My FK-9000 is the type with the single, stacked cell NiCd battery that charges from the keyboard port, instead of the dual coin cell version.

I have another one of these, I got a new battery for it and installed it. Dunno where it went. How can one lose an aircraft carrier flight deck sized keyboard?

Something I want to do is create a PDF of the function key strips where the user can enter their own descriptions, in the black, green red and blue colors then print them.