Author Topic: What keyboard layout is this? And is there a PCB for it?  (Read 2101 times)

Offline variab1e

What keyboard layout is this? And is there a PCB for it?
« on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 22:56:52 »
Hello everyone, new to the board, but I went through the posts, looks for a reference to the picture of the God Speed keyset attached
160034-0

A sort of part-75%, part numpad-yes keyboard, that would be an ideal combination to me. I was wondering, now having seen this, whether anyone knew of any PCBs that came in this form factor, or if pursuing this meant hand-wiring for me?

I thought maybe the B.mini EX X2 PCB from winkeyless might be the thing, but it doesn't quite cut it with the right shift.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
Re: What keyboard layout is this? And is there a PCB for it?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 23:21:04 »
duck lightsaver
ZZ96
red scarf III

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 23:22:09 »
duck lightsaver
ZZ96
red scarf III

The Lightsaver is potentially doing another Group Buy run soon when the other Duck GBs are finished. Check the Lightsaver V2 GB thread here -> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56877.0
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline variab1e

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 11:52:42 »
Looking at the Phantom PCB,
160049-0
There are multiple switch mount points where the shift key is (right shift); having never build a keyboard before, would it be possible to use the extra switch mount points to split the shift up into two keys. Something like [shift][uparrow]. Then the Phantom PCB becomes an option too?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 09 February 2017, 13:15:38 »
Looking at the Phantom PCB,
(Attachment Link)
There are multiple switch mount points where the shift key is (right shift); having never build a keyboard before, would it be possible to use the extra switch mount points to split the shift up into two keys. Something like [shift][uparrow]. Then the Phantom PCB becomes an option too?

Phantom PCB is meant for an 87 layout, not a 96. Split right shift is an option, but there are no cases that exist to allow a phantom to convert to 96.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline variab1e

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 15:31:13 »

Phantom PCB is meant for an 87 layout, not a 96. Split right shift is an option, but there are no cases that exist to allow a phantom to convert to 96.

I realize I wouldn't be able to get the full 96 out of the phantom. But if I could split the shift. I could do a layout like the one I designed here (attached) is that at least possible? It would more than suffice for me!
160100-0