Author Topic: [IC] Mochi Keycaps  (Read 6210 times)

Offline Emiko Mochi

[IC] Mochi Keycaps
« on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 19:51:16 »
Intro:

Hello, there! A bit new here but I was recommended to come here after sitting on reddit for longer than I should have. I've been making my own personal keycaps for a little bit and I wanted to finally have my own keycap for the pubs so hopefully some of you will enjoy it as much as my Insta following for this set. I own a small store on Etsy where I guess it all started my obsession with keycaps. And now I'm plunging into making cute keycap sets. I have a few that I've been planning but I wanted to do my own rendition of mochi caps and here's what I came up with (so far). Mochi Keycaps was the first store that I have devoted my life to and I would love to share my ideas with more than just my family and friends ^^. The logo of mochi keycaps was something that took me a while to make and even now it may change but change is always good too! So here is where I hope that people can see the work I do and understand a little bit about me. But always know there's always something new from me and like many, I am learning as I go ^^;.
272596-0

Inspiration:

For the love of Mochi treats. Usually enjoyed on new years but I get to enjoy them year-round as many new yorkers do. The colors for the caps are supposed to represent all the different flavors and adding one more into the mix. Pink and whites for red bean, Green for green tea, and blues for taro, though I thought purples would be cute too I honestly wanted to keep the same scheme of my stores logo to add a little of me to it I guess.

Kits:
please click on images to see a better view
Kit
272598-1

hiragana alphas
272600-2

Novelties
272602-3

Renders:

Base Kit Cap profile will be 1-1-2-3-4-4
Fuji65 by cmm studio
272604-4
u80-a by roma worksong
272606-5
M0lly by the keycap company
272608-6
8xmk2 by kbdfans
272610-7

Color Pallet:
[ Specified attachment is not available ]

To Do List:
Work on different novelties
Change the harsh blue to a softer tone
Prices
Work on Deskmat
Start a Vendors List

Notes:
This is my first GB and I know there are a handful of things that I may have missed so please leave a comment here or in the google form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KtKIXay4Njbmwa9fB83BgZlASSIGTxBtyCv34amU4xY. I still have to go through the 150 already there so please be patient or you can message me on Discord @EmikoMochi™#0301 or my Instagram @mochikeycaps. Other renders are here https://emikomochi174113.invisionapp.com/board/Q68016103F54PAN Any and all suggestions comments are welcome![/center]

and thanks to everyone who told me to update this XD on dcord/insta

« Last Edit: Sun, 18 July 2021, 14:24:46 by Emiko Mochi »

Offline Zanhana

Re: [IC] Mochi Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 20:01:35 »
reserved

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 20:31:00 »
Can't see images

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 20:45:23 »
This IC is broken, pls fix.
Do you have a manufacturer selected?

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 20:57:43 »
Can't see images
They were here, but only work via his link now. 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline stevenT

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 22:06:41 »
If you can not see images, check the author's form

Offline Emiko Mochi

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 04:24:12 »
I messed up and put the wrong ones up so im re rendering and going to update this in a min

Offline Emiko Mochi

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 04:26:11 »

SO far I've looking for a few i got a few replies but im still waiting a bit JB and drop are the ones that i have replies from so far

Offline nolsia

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 09:19:51 »
I messed up and put the wrong ones up so im re rendering and going to update this in a min

Hey there! Your renders in your IC Form and inVision link don't match your render that you posted here. This doesn't really give a clear sense of what your keycaps or kitting will look like.

Offline Emiko Mochi

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 14:06:56 »
I updated both, and thank you for that!

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 15:21:04 »
this is blinding. side note: any other kits avail?

Offline Emiko Mochi

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 15:57:02 »
this is blinding. side note: any other kits avail?

the song blinded by the light is now on repeat in my head, what were you thinking im open to it!

Offline Emiko Mochi

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 15:57:48 »

Offline fiji water

• hello
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 17:27:47 »
ne contrast avail

Offline matchaboba

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 18:13:00 »
Yay I’m happy to see this here! I want it, good luck with ic and gb!

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 18:37:27 »
now that the IC is broken, I'm going to have to hard pass on this. With a color layout that I can't make sense of, no pantone/ral selected, disappointing kitting and novelties that leave a lot to be desired, I feel like OP thought that an IC was more for getting feedback on an early concept than posting a completed concept. That said, I hope this IC improves into something more desirable.

Offline eg0t1st1k4l

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 18:46:37 »
colored blanks, I dig it!

Offline Pyurii

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 18:48:32 »
I think the concept is nice and colorful, but before anything you should do a little bit more research on preparing an IC. Your goal here is to present an almost finished product so readers can visualize the final product better and making them want the set. That being said, I highly suggest you take a good look at already finalized groupbuys IC posts and learn from those, aswell as joining the discord where you can learn alot. Good luck!

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 16:49:45 »
As some others have mentioned already, I think the idea of this set is super cute but it can use some refinement :) Definitely check out the Keycap Designers discord if you haven't already, as they have a lot of good resources/tips for rendering, kitting, colour matching etc Good luck with everything!