Author Topic: RAMAWORKS Heavy Industry SEQ2 Review  (Read 8679 times)

Offline RandomBoxUnbox

• RBU -The Giving Back Channel
    • Youtube
RAMAWORKS Heavy Industry SEQ2 Review
« on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 00:00:09 »
Hello, I have the SEQ2 PBT Heavy Industry reviewed on the channel, I hope you all enjoy and forgive me for my K95 Corsair, it is all i have! this is my first attempt at a whole keycap set review and any criticism I'm always open for. Thank you all! :thumb:
Unbox and Review all kinds of tech - Special love for keycaps =)

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Re: RAMAWORKS Heavy Industry SEQ2 Review
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 10:00:03 »
  • The profile is just "Cherry" profile, not "Cherry MX"
  • Your K95 caps are made of ABS. Both ABS and PBT can be thin or thick.
  • The side-by-side sound comparison is very effective.
  • It might have been good to compare the Cherry profile of the Rama caps with the OEM profile of the K95 caps, since it's slightly different and might throw some people off.
  • It's thick PBT Cherry profile with dye-sub legends. $92 is a little more expensive than EnjoyPBT, but you should make it clear that you're not going to find something like this on Amazon for $35. NPKC does make nice stuff though and it's probably "good enough" for most people.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 21:24:08 »
Elaborating on tex_live_utility's comment:

They are called Cherry profile because Cherry was the company that popularized this keycap profile in their vintage boards.
Thick PBT/ABS always sounds better than thin PBT/ABS.
Cherry profile is a lower profile than OEM profile, meaning the top of the keycaps are closer to the surface of the board.
These are really nice keycaps, and you probably will not be buying them if you aren't using a custom.

Sincerely, treeleaf64
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline timberty

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 02:49:13 »
Is there any suggestion for a place that I can purchase a SEQ2 keyboard cheaper?  :thumb:

Offline RandomBoxUnbox

• RBU -The Giving Back Channel
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 22:08:25 »
Thank you both for leaving me tips. This will help me a lot when making my next videos, I am still learning a lot as i go so i really appreciate it, and thanks for watching the vids as well. :thumb:
Unbox and Review all kinds of tech - Special love for keycaps =)