Author Topic: [IC] SP SA Handarbeit+  (Read 19305 times)

Offline Hedgey

Re: [IC] SP SA Handarbeit+
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 13:08:59 »
So it seems COCO got this Idea way before DSS Hand work was in the plan...

Seems COCO contacted SP and was in the planning with them to run SP Handarbeit BEFORE, DSS Hand work was in plan.

In my eyes, COCO did GMK Handarbeit so he has some credit to "own" the idea of running anything handarbeit-wise.

Fu.. the haters and bandwagoning.

I am buyin! :thumb:

Imagine simping for a lying sack of garbage, who's only goal is to use people like you to make money. 

If there was ever a bandwagon, you're riding in it, homie.
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 13:58:51 »
So it seems COCO got this Idea way before DSS Hand work was in the plan...

Seems COCO contacted SP and was in the planning with them to run SP Handarbeit BEFORE, DSS Hand work was in plan.

In my eyes, COCO did GMK Handarbeit so he has some credit to "own" the idea of running anything handarbeit-wise.

Fu.. the haters and bandwagoning.

I am buyin! :thumb:

Offline dandruff

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 14:00:43 »
I want to be on the right side of history and tell my future kids I fought for what I believed in!

Coco bad!

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 14:01:07 »
bad, you get bonk

Offline v683

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 15:41:39 »
Besides the valid criticism, what this can use is a colevrak kit for r3 because I see great potential for Workman/Colemak users

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 17:47:31 »
seems odd to run this in a non cherry profile, given the lore.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline Tree_

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 17:56:00 »
Looks like DSS Hand Work died because Coco is a garbage human being.

Not interested.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 18:00:38 »
Sorry for the lack of the communication in a few hours. I had been sleeping after posting the IC because KR has different time line.
I saw the many comments about this set, specially related to 'DSS Hand work'.

As I have some language barriers, I can't comment with long writing, but I can tell that I had a plan to run the SA Handarbeit already August 2020 and I have contacted and discussed with Drop from last December.

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 18:04:30 »
Sorry for the lack of the communication in a few hours. I had been sleeping after posting the IC because KR has different time line.

As I have some language barriers, I can't comment with long writing, but I can tell that I had a plan to run the SA Handarbeit already August 2020 and I have contacted and discussed with Drop from last December.

How does a 40s focused DSS set impact running 60+ SA set? Why can't they both exist?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 18:10:33 »

This doesn't explain you denying permission for someone to run a set based on the old board, much like you're doing. You can not claim ownership of the colorway used from an old board and thus other people should be allowed to run sets in the same regard. Just because your English isn't good doesn't give you the excuse to improperly communicate your lack of ownership over this theme.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 18:13:23 »

This doesn't explain you denying permission for someone to run a set based on the old board, much like you're doing. You can not claim ownership of the colorway used from an old board and thus other people should be allowed to run sets in the same regard. Just because your English isn't good doesn't give you the excuse to improperly communicate your lack of ownership over this theme.

I'd argue that this thread is great evidence to throw at Melissa over at SP that he doesn't own the colorway, and therefore DSS Hand Work should be allowed to run as it was intended..
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 March 2021, 18:21:09 by Hedgey »
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 18:13:42 »
Not to mention the fact that you're proposing both the GMK Handarbeit R2 as well as this SA set within the same week, it seems a bit greedy. especially keeping in mind what kokaloo pointed out - you don't own the colorway

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 18:18:16 »

It doesn’t matter what you planned to run, you don’t own the rights to run this set, you didn’t create it and it was WRONG to tell SP that the DSS set couldn’t be run.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 18:37:20 »

I'm currently thinking about running every vintage colorway that hasn't been run before. Just so y'all know I have dibs for IC's I'll post months for now.

Ive actually ruined this joke because by posting it publicly I've given more intention than you did.

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 18:38:39 »

Completely understand that English is not the first language and it may be difficult to communicate. That does not mean there should be no communication whatsoever. I tried several times and several ways to communicate with you. I tried messaging you on geekhack multiple times. I tried messaging you through the previous vendors of gmk handarbeit. You did not respond. The only time you responded was when you denied me even having the ability to get a quote for my set based on the notion that you “own the design” which has been pointed out to be a flat out lie. The color orientation as well as the styling was taken directly from a cherry board that was designed to show what cherry was capable of and shown off at trade shows. If anything I was paying homage to that board and had nothing to do with your set. Not only did I change the modifiers. I used completely different colors. I went out of my way to order SP color chips and use completely stock colors from SP to come “close” to the original handarbeit cherry colors. If anything my set was more original than this. From what it seems and from how you are acting, you are gatekeeping the colors and saying you created them when that is simply not true at all. Obviously I have respect for creators what design sets even if they are taken from something else, but this is completely wrong, dishonest, and distasteful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 19:10:23 »
This strikes me as the kind of petty selfishness of a child who won't let his sister play with his toys, even though he's not using it. There's no 40s kit here. The DSS 40s set would not overlap with this market at all. "Mine mine mine!"

쪼잔하고 이기적이야. 어린애처럼 "내꺼야!!" 라고 하는 것과 같아.

This kind of cash grab makes a bad name for our community

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 20:47:31 »
I really hope this is boycotted

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 20:52:30 »

Your English appears to be just fine, stop with the excuses. 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 21:03:56 »
Seems wrong of this to be run in SA - ruins the 'OG' charm of it.

Also, two ICs of essentially the same set in a week?  :confused:

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 21:40:50 »
you have been reading for very long traveler, here, have a seat and take a break. I'm sure the convo only progresses from here
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline NoxNoxNox

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 21:56:00 »
Please consider mod tilde.

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 22:01:30 »
Please consider mod tilde.
Please consider not listening to this man.

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 22:02:43 »

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 22:18:33 »
This strikes me as the kind of petty selfishness of a child who won't let his sister play with his toys, even though he's not using it. There's no 40s kit here. The DSS 40s set would not overlap with this market at all. "Mine mine mine!"

Doesn't matter now that DSS Hand Work will run in it's original, intended form per Melissa at SP!!

Let's go boys!!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 22:27:58 »

Doesn't matter now that DSS Hand Work will run in it's original, intended form per Melissa at SP!!

Let's go boys!!
LETS
*breathe in*
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Tree_

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 00:04:08 »

Let's go boys!!

If this is true, it's the best thing to come out of this thread.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 00:18:13 »

Let's go boys!!

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 00:20:43 »
I'm all aboard the DSS Hand Work train even though I prefer cherry profile ..

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 00:27:36 »
I'm all aboard the DSS Hand Work train even though I prefer cherry profile ..
Update coming tomorrow! Make sure to keep and eye out on the dss hand work IC page!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tree_

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 00:28:07 »

Let's go boys!!

Show Image

In for DSS. Thanks Coco!

Offline manaorme

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 01:14:54 »
So it looks like everything has solved.
GL for IC/GB

Offline Jebus

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 06:26:11 »
Why does designing a keycap set nowadays feel like playing a part in a Game of Thrones episode? Except people fight for colors. Wild.

Offline singabore

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 11:57:20 »
been waiting for this to come to SA.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 15:39:09 »
If this was really a faithful recreation of Handarbeit, it would have been made by GMK, not Signature Plastics. What a wasted opportunity to make a truly great keycap set from the by gone days.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 15:52:24 »
If this was really a faithful recreation of Handarbeit, it would have been made by GMK, not Signature Plastics. What a wasted opportunity to make a truly great keycap set from the by gone days.

litster i don't do well on april fools day
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:09:42 »

Offline onestraysheep

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:28:27 »
i love SA

i dont
What if I told you cylindrical is gross and spherical is the true path to enlightenment?

Offline harlekein

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 02:22:10 »
Just a note that this post needs to go to a different subforum:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36672.msg2573004#msg2573004

Effective immediately, all IC's that are posted which are intended to be ran via Massdrop are not allowed to be posted in the IC sub-forum.  This includes topics that contain links to vote for a keyset or item through Massdrop.  These topics should be made in the Massdrop sub-forum.  Topics that are made in the IC sub-forum will be moved to the Massdrop sub-forum.

Please use the report feature to let the mod team know of any topics that fit the above rule.  We are seeing more and more 'hype' topics being made in the IC sub-forum that take little to no feedback from members.  That isn't the purpose of this sub-forum, nor the site.  Massdrop has its own discussion medium that can be used to this end.

This decision comes from the entire moderation team and there will be no exceptions to the rule.

This rule was just made up to get rid of Mito. Since then it's been broken and ignored dozens of times by people in close standing with the mods here.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 00:50:53 »

Effective immediately, all IC's that are posted which are intended to be ran via Massdrop are not allowed to be posted in the IC sub-forum.  This includes topics that contain links to vote for a keyset or item through Massdrop.  These topics should be made in the Massdrop sub-forum.  Topics that are made in the IC sub-forum will be moved to the Massdrop sub-forum.

Please use the report feature to let the mod team know of any topics that fit the above rule.  We are seeing more and more 'hype' topics being made in the IC sub-forum that take little to no feedback from members.  That isn't the purpose of this sub-forum, nor the site.  Massdrop has its own discussion medium that can be used to this end.

This decision comes from the entire moderation team and there will be no exceptions to the rule.

This rule was just made up to get rid of Mito. Since then it's been broken and ignored dozens of times by people in close standing with the mods here.

Also, this Drop-specific rule has been removed:

More

Appreciate the diligent community policing of these threads (no sarcasm, I realize it may come across that way). The IC rules have been updated to remove this Drop-specific rule, as the community as a whole has shifted since the rule was implemented.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 01:43:57 »
Everything in the Spacebars kit larger than 1u will be convex, right?  SP now has the tooling, as discussed in SA 8010's GB:

Hi all,

Just popping in here to add a detail I forgot: the 2u, 2.25u, and 2.75u spacebars will be using SP's new convex molds.

As for the first week sales, the graph above represents 3/6 vendors with one of them being outdated. It's a decent start but we could definitely use the community's help to make this set a reality! Please consider SA 8010 :)

Great news.

They already had a convex 3u. And 1.25u, but I think Diatec (Filco) owns that mold.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 15:42:43 »

That's simply not true. :confused: Please stop spreading misinformation.

MiTo was given many chances and refused to follow the rules. I think most people would be surprised by just how lenient we are and how many second, third, and fourth chances we give.

The rule in question was created only to limit the number of promotional IC threads that were created. The trend at the time was that all of the ICs posted for Drop buys were essentially ads, while most other threads were not. As was discussed earlier here, things have shifted in a direction such that many more threads are ostensibly ads and it's no longer unique to Drop. Therefore, the rule was dropped to adapt to the changing times.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 00:46:02 »
Cocobrais confirmed on Drop which spacebars will be convex:

SP can manufacture the 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u and 3u Convex Spacebar key with all blanks.
So, spacebar keys in below will be manufactured with convex.
     Flat kit : 2u spacebar
     Spacebar kit : 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u

More
Everything in the Spacebars kit larger than 1u will be convex, right?  SP now has the tooling, as discussed in SA 8010's GB:

Hi all,

Just popping in here to add a detail I forgot: the 2u, 2.25u, and 2.75u spacebars will be using SP's new convex molds.

As for the first week sales, the graph above represents 3/6 vendors with one of them being outdated. It's a decent start but we could definitely use the community's help to make this set a reality! Please consider SA 8010 :)

Great news.

They already had a convex 3u. And 1.25u, but I think Diatec (Filco) owns that mold.

Show Image

<-- original question