Author Topic: If you could play a game again for the first time, what would it be?  (Read 27168 times)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
I have been pretty picky on games lately. Been going back to old ones instead of getting new ones. This got me thinking about all of my favorite games.

If I could play a game again for the first time it would be Skyrim.

EDIT: I didn't even think about the pure ecstasy of playing Diablo 2 for the first time...

You?
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 January 2017, 16:47:30 by ArchDill »

Offline dante

Re: If you could play a game again for the first time, what would it be?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 18:23:38 »
Lunar the Silver Star on the Sega CD.  Yes there was an updated PSX version but I <3 the Sega CD port.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 19:34:08 »
Morrowind. I got the game bundled with a motherboard a long time ago. It came in a crappy white unmarked paper sleeve, and I had no idea what the game even was. I installed it, and basically got off the ship and had no idea where the hell to go.
So for the next year of my life, I wandered around taking odd quests, finding dungeons, and collecting armor and weapons. I joined the thieves guild and had a blast.

But I never stepped a single foot into the main storyline. I never really knew where to go or what to do, so I made my own adventure. It was such a blast.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 19:35:25 »
The original Pokemon R/G/B . It's been years but for some reason when I last played it , I remembered every single little thing about the game!

Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 19:40:01 »
Final Fantasy VII

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 19:41:47 »
UltimaOnline, the first year it came out.
got some great memories of that one.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 19:41:53 »
Boom on NES  :cool:

Offline ambalek

• Pizza tonight/Threat neutralized
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 01:26:12 »
Probably GTA5, I'm one of the few people that actually likes playing the story.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 01:50:36 »
World of Warcraft, those original addicting days

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 03:24:03 »

Ah.. the days of carefree mmo playing..   

I didn't even understand the concepts of real life friendship at the time.. because I was so obsessed with MMOs.. didn't really make friends until college.

My entire perception of what a Relationship was back then,  is whether or not the person had the right character build to help the guild fight bosses..

I was on Ragnarok online the longest..  seconded by diablo 2 (not mmo)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 05:07:35 »

I'm with you on this one. Transitioned from a ****ty RTS with a mess of people. The WoW world was amazing.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 05:36:15 »
Red Dead Redemption.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 05:44:18 »
I would play Dota 2. I long for the time when I didn't understand enough about the game for it to be frustrating yet, and every match held new heroes that I had never seen before. I still remember getting lost on the absurdly simple map.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 06:11:26 »
Morrowind. I got the game bundled with a motherboard a long time ago. It came in a crappy white unmarked paper sleeve, and I had no idea what the game even was. I installed it, and basically got off the ship and had no idea where the hell to go.
So for the next year of my life, I wandered around taking odd quests, finding dungeons, and collecting armor and weapons. I joined the thieves guild and had a blast.

But I never stepped a single foot into the main storyline. I never really knew where to go or what to do, so I made my own adventure. It was such a blast.

+1, my favorite game of all time

Diablo 1 would be a close second, and Mario 64
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 16:43:14 »
Left4Dead2  or Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge.
I still play the latter all the time, in fact it was one of my reasons for sticking with Windows for a few years.

I have hundreds of hours L4D2, but it pales compared to how much time I spent in Ra2.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 17:10:00 »
Left4Dead2  or Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge.
I still play the latter all the time, in fact it was one of my reasons for sticking with Windows for a few years.

I have hundreds of hours L4D2, but it pales compared to how much time I spent in Ra2.

Red Alert 2 was so awesome..

The only issue I had was how broken the AI was on the harder difficulty, and the only way to win was to blow up bridges..

Then the next red alert they locked it to 30fps , i mean why do that.. lame..

Tiberian Sun was when they really developed the system into a varied mix.. whereas in the old stuff it was a very similar 1:1 copy between factions..

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 17:32:34 »
SMW

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 17:40:44 »
King's Quest VI or Earthbound
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 19:45:01 »
Am I the only one who thinks about replaying an RPG as tedious? It's like re-reading a book, RPGs are one and done for me as they are just so time consuming.

I'd probably love to replay Shadow of the Colossus or GTA 5 with fresh eyes. SotC had so many jaw-dropping moments, and every encounter was something new exciting and memorable. GTA 5 had such great dialogue and characters, and really getting to explore San Andreas the first time around was an unforgettable blast that took literal weeks.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 19:48:26 »
Honestly, Minecraft. I got to a point of no return which basically made it unplayable. I knew the most efficient way to do everything, and it took the fun out of it. I need to find diamond? Well go to Y14 (or whatever it was) and strip mine, instead of exploring naturally. The point where you have an answer for every single possible question becomes just a step by step guide to get what you want, instead of genuinely experimenting etc..

Offline Altis

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 20:07:23 »
Some old games that are still great today, IMO:

Starcraft: Brood Wars
Age of Empires II (HD edition still supported/updated, just got a new expansion)
Unreal Tournament (doubt there's much online multiplayer these days)
Morrowind
Diablo II

Sometimes I think it'd be fun to play an older game, only to find out that it's super boring/easy by today's standards. I played Dune II not that long ago and even though I remember it being fun as a kid, it was insanely easy now that I'm adjusted to playing more challenging games. Some are still fun, though, and probably always will be.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline ambalek

• Pizza tonight/Threat neutralized
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 01:20:55 »
Honestly, Minecraft. I got to a point of no return which basically made it unplayable. I knew the most efficient way to do everything, and it took the fun out of it. I need to find diamond? Well go to Y14 (or whatever it was) and strip mine, instead of exploring naturally. The point where you have an answer for every single possible question becomes just a step by step guide to get what you want, instead of genuinely experimenting etc..

Do you have a sensible strategy for defeating the Ender Dragon? I play it with my four year old son, and he's been talking about doing that for nearly a year

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 02:24:04 »
Am I the only one who thinks about replaying an RPG as tedious? It's like re-reading a book, RPGs are one and done for me as they are just so time consuming.

I'd probably love to replay Shadow of the Colossus or GTA 5 with fresh eyes. SotC had so many jaw-dropping moments, and every encounter was something new exciting and memorable. GTA 5 had such great dialogue and characters, and really getting to explore San Andreas the first time around was an unforgettable blast that took literal weeks.

GTA5 was good, but single payer jumped around too much, I would have rather been given the option to just play one character all the way through. I would no sooner get invested in a character and be yanked away for one of the others (Trevor.. ICK!).  And why no character customizing, all that effort and they still can't be bothered. Saints Row had it how long ago?

Another thing I found odd, maybe they geared it for multiplayer(?), but I swear I finished it in far less time than the previous games.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 02:46:32 »

After they started playing all them games for you on youtube.. I just watched all the rpgs.. because I don't like to grind.. it's stupid.. because you're just throwing your life away for a certain linear outcome.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 03:08:47 »
For me it would be Diablo 1. Ohhh I remember it like it was yesterday. Spending hours online, dropping an item on the ground, walking away, walking back and clicking on a potion in my belt duplicating the picked up item during the lag time. My favourite glitch ever.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 03:21:33 »

After they started playing all them games for you on youtube.. I just watched all the rpgs.. because I don't like to grind.. it's stupid.. because you're just throwing your life away for a certain linear outcome.

Best way to "play" Deadpool.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline XG3njiX

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 23:15:43 »
Either Diablo 2, Battle Realms or Age of Mythology

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 23:40:49 »

Ohh I actually just got Deadpool on PS4, is it not that great?

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 00:11:25 »
For me it would be Diablo 1. Ohhh I remember it like it was yesterday. Spending hours online, dropping an item on the ground, walking away, walking back and clicking on a potion in my belt duplicating the picked up item during the lag time. My favourite glitch ever.
Good times. I loved that game so much. I will never forge the day that Diablo 2 came out. I stayed at a friends house and we stayed up for like 2 days.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 02:55:15 »
I want to play quake 3 right ?

but no one else does.. 

sigh..............

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 02:58:19 »
Knights of the Old Republic

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 03:10:44 »
Myst, WoW, pokemon red, or Fallout 3.
Biking is fun.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 03:48:41 »

Ohh I actually just got Deadpool on PS4, is it not that great?
It's funny, don't get me wrong, but it's much faster and easier to just watch someone do a walk through than sit grinding on it. It can really quickly get repetitive hearing the same joke over and over again if you get stuck.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 09:17:23 »
It's funny, don't get me wrong, but it's much faster and easier to just watch someone do a walk through than sit grinding on it. It can really quickly get repetitive hearing the same joke over and over again if you get stuck.

Psssssssshh.. Leslieann sux0rz at vidya..

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 09:30:25 »
Mine would have to Metal Gear on the NES, that is what made me a gamer right there. I liked video games before that but MG was the 1st game that truly sucked me in & I could not stop playing till I beat it. I was so into it I refused to use a game genie or save codes that gave you all the key cards & weapons. I would also give an honorable mention to KOTOR 1 & 2 as those games were just straight up masterpieces IMO.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 09:59:31 »
Ultima Underworld I

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 01:13:07 »
Contra from Konami  ;D

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 04:46:57 »
Probably older UT/Quake games with online. Grew up rural and missed out on all that stuff, and arena shooters arent seen as highly feels like. I also have this strange belief online play was better back then. Feel like now MP gaming is just about grinding X skin/perk/*insert virtual carrot*/etc.

SSX 3 on PS2 would be another. Xbox/GC never had online, and man I LOVED that game.

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline dmbldrk

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 05:31:32 »
xenogears for ps1. such a weird plot. such a good game.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 14:11:15 »
It'd be fun to go back in time to the late 90s, with a cable modem, to participate in lots of multiplayer stuff I hadn't enough time to invest in. Total Annihilation, Planetside, Tribes, the early Counter Strike betas, Ultima Online etc etc. HL mods alone were so bloody good I'd go for a round or twelve of Zombie Panic and The Battlegrounds right now. 

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:22:51 »
My first time playing through Singularity was such a cool experience. Doubt it would have the same novelty now though
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 16:32:38 »
Quake 3

I switched from roller mice to optical and had no idea that spin outs were mostly equipment related. Rocket jump and throw up because 1080 degrees while looking at my boots

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 17:08:56 »
Morrowind

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 23:59:43 »
Earthbound, partially because the first time I played it thru I was 8 and couldn't get thru it without a walkthrough. (It is still tricky at times without it)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 10:47:38 »
Earthbound, partially because the first time I played it thru I was 8 and couldn't get thru it without a walkthrough. (It is still tricky at times without it)

I look back and realize I must have been smarter as a kid because I tried to play Zelda on Gameboy last year and had to google EVERYTHING.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 11:07:57 »
I wish I had time/will to play Braid properly.

It's a great game, but it's supposed to be hard, and the story/point kinda depends on player's struggle with the harder puzzles. I'd be much more powerful, if I actually avoided using a walkthrough. Perhaps it's the Braid's major design shortcoming: many hardcore gamers don't get that much from the story, due to lacking background; and more casual gamers don't get it either, because they don't finish the game or "cheat".

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 02:09:50 »
HL2

There's a few I'd like to forget I have played before, but cutting it down to one it would have to be HL2.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline zslane

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 13:00:04 »
City of Heroes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 13:28:44 »
I wish I had time/will to play Braid properly.

It's a great game, but it's supposed to be hard, and the story/point kinda depends on player's struggle with the harder puzzles. I'd be much more powerful, if I actually avoided using a walkthrough. Perhaps it's the Braid's major design shortcoming: many hardcore gamers don't get that much from the story, due to lacking background; and more casual gamers don't get it either, because they don't finish the game or "cheat".

Braid is a bad game, because it doesn't actually have substance or any sort of deep gameplay.

The entirety of the system is built on reverse solution recursion..

So there is no skill involved.  the formula behind the recursion was randomly determined.

It's the same as designing educational math problems.. you go backwards from a solution , and that's the end of it..

The Game play reward is the elation after long sequences of trial and error..

You don't learn anything, and you're not improving a skill..

That is why this game is a bad game..

The only time people play games which involve neither skill nor intellectual improvement are drug type games like Pokemon shuffle. 

Pokemon shuffle is at least fun, because it rewards you quickly, and proportional, to the trivial task you're asked to do..

Braid rewards you a very very long time later, next to the NON-trivial trial and error search function that's manually engaged in.. Which is stupid, since all the creators have done is throw darts into the forest and told us,  Go FIND IT..

No, i will not go find it... why would  I ?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 11:34:26 »
There are only two or three puzzles, that rely on hidden information or pixel precision. The rest is pretty doable, and reminds me of advanced math courses. The structure of puzzles within a zone is quite similar to a series of relatively simpler proofs.

My problem with Braid is that when I played it, I was basically doing so to let relax from doing actual math, hence the halfassed playthrough.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 13:21:43 »
Antichamber
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Wannabe

• Independent Adjudicator
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 13:25:15 »
Portal
I liek keyboards

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 13:44:29 »
Portal

+1. This game was by far the most fun I've had playing a game for the first time. Learning how to super jump blew my mind!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 22:25:28 »
Portal

+1. This game was by far the most fun I've had playing a game for the first time. Learning how to super jump blew my mind!

I have yet to check Portal out. May have to get it soon.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 13:03:08 »
Alan Wake!  You cant really replay the game because all the nuances are lost after the first time, and you have to play this game alone and in a dark room.

Offline asym

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 15:38:59 »
Myst

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 16:29:46 »
Pokemon Red or Gold

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 21:07:46 »
I wish I could play Undertale again for the first time. I actually went into that game actively wanting to dislike it because of it's pacifist nature and ****ty fanbase, but the sheer amount of goddamn charm and originality in that game could soften even the stoniest of hearts. It's now in my top 20 of all time, deservingly so.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 21:38:09 »
singleplayer: Halo/Diablo II
MMO: runescape (Right serendipity?)
Hi :)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 01:00:22 »
No One Lives Forever.

I played that game like 5 times through.
-Dana

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 15:03:20 »
No One Lives Forever.

I played that game like 5 times through.

Mobsters had the best convos, game littered with gags. Feels like that just happen nowadays. Shame the remake got stuck in development hell :(
Monolith Productions sure has some good shooters  :thumb:

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 23:14:07 »
I wish I could play Undertale again for the first time. I actually went into that game actively wanting to dislike it because of it's pacifist nature and ****ty fanbase, but the sheer amount of goddamn charm and originality in that game could soften even the stoniest of hearts. It's now in my top 20 of all time, deservingly so.

Darn, beat me to it. Undertale would be my choice as well.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 23:20:45 »
Alan Wake!  You cant really replay the game because all the nuances are lost after the first time, and you have to play this game alone and in a dark room.

I started this but never finished it.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 23:21:30 »

Darn, beat me to it. Undertale would be my choice as well.

That is on my list to try for sure.

Offline Kronos32

• If you don't have time, make time.
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 15:46:21 »
This is a rather hard question to answer, but most likely it'd be to relive the glory days of Tibia back in 2002-2003, back when it was completely new to me.
The experience was unlike any other game I had played up untill then. It was fresh, it was mysterious and you could get killed by anybody, meaning your reputation and who you knew matter more than anything in the game.
Other than that I'd most likely pick Dark Souls. From the very first 5 hours of playing it, it sucked me in so hard. It was such a fresh experience, in the midst of all the extremely mediocre triple a games came this polished gem out of nowhere and just slammed me in my face and said "You're my bi**h now, hear that?"
I've clocked nearly 430 hours since and I don't regret a single minute of it.

A strong contender might actually be Thief Gold, holy hot damn that game back in 2001 on my old w98 as a kid was so intriguing. The dark atmosphere, the amazing medieval/steampunkish setting and the general tone of the game (besides the amazing gameplay) makes me think that if I would completely and utterly forget about this game and play it fresh, I'd enjoy it just as much as I did back then.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 14:19:27 »
The first Metroid Prime.

It's one of my favorite games of all time, but no subsequent playthrough will ever be like the first. Knowing the layout of the areas and where the items are and having already seen the bosses takes the mystery out of it, so it's not as fun.

The first time I played it back in 2002-2003 was awesome because ever hidden item and power-up and elevator to a new area was a very rewarding surprise. It was hard to find a stopping point because I wanted to find the next thing.

I'm not sure if there are any other games for me where ignorance is a major part of the fun of the game.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline gallowgeek

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 11:54:37 »
This game might be unknown to some, but Konami's Suikoden 2 on the PSX is arguably one of the best RPGs of all time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 13:38:03 »
The first Metroid Prime.

It's one of my favorite games of all time, but no subsequent playthrough will ever be like the first. Knowing the layout of the areas and where the items are and having already seen the bosses takes the mystery out of it, so it's not as fun.

The first time I played it back in 2002-2003 was awesome because ever hidden item and power-up and elevator to a new area was a very rewarding surprise. It was hard to find a stopping point because I wanted to find the next thing.

I'm not sure if there are any other games for me where ignorance is a major part of the fun of the game.

what i found frustrating with metroid,  is that ANYTHING at random could be a hidden item,  So you just powerbomb every god dame reachable brick

and if a brick looks unreachable, you curl up into a ball and bomb yourself up there just to make sure...

Offline Kavik

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 15:18:11 »
The first Metroid Prime.

what i found frustrating with metroid,  is that ANYTHING at random could be a hidden item,  So you just powerbomb every god dame reachable brick

and if a brick looks unreachable, you curl up into a ball and bomb yourself up there just to make sure...

That did happen occasionally for me, but, if I used auditory cues and the x-ray visor, I could be more deliberate about where I looked.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 19:52:34 »
Sometimes I try not to play a game again for a few years in the hope that I will have forgotten at least some parts of it.

This sometimes actually works.

Either that or I just have a really bad memory.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 20:23:38 »
Life.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 20:47:49 »
I can not stop Playing Diablo LOD. Oh wait... my college classes start tonight. RIP virtual life.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 22:02:39 »
Life.

No, you'd only redo it built upon the fantasy that you'd retain some memory of what's to come..

But if you were to Reroll the WHOLE thing,  it'd be pointless, you'd most likely end up on virtually the same path.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 22:03:19 »
Life.

No, you'd only redo it built upon the fantasy that you'd retain some memory of what's to come..

But if you were to Reroll the WHOLE thing,  it'd be pointless, you'd most likely end up on virtually the same path.

Then speed it up to death, fam.

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 03:28:24 »
Killer 7.
I want my mind to implode 10 times again.
| ISO |

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 03:48:19 »
Killer 7.

I h8ed this game..  so much back tracking and getting lost.

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 10:46:09 »
Killer 7.

I h8ed this game..  so much back tracking and getting lost.

Not too much though but it's easy to get lost at the very start, had to check a video once haha.. Anyways, the game and story itself is beyond anything else out there.
| ISO |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 20:56:14 »
Life.

Are you one of those people who forgot to save before you started playing?

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:25:13 »
Grim Fandango, Fallout 1 & 2, and Half-Life made such a big impression on me as I was entering adolescence. Even though I had a subscription to PC Gamer, I somehow missed all the hype surrounding Half Life. Instead, I was at Walmart one day, saw the cool box art, and picked it up off the shelf:

...and I kindly asked my mom to buy it for me. Thank god she didn't notice the M for Mature label!

Offline m3ll3n

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 18:45:44 »
Diablo II for sure  :thumb:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 11:55:06 »
Tetris

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 14:42:22 »
Digimon World 3 mostly because the disc I received was all scratched up and I was never able to get to Veemon

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 31 March 2017, 15:16:12 »
Digimon World 3 mostly because the disc I received was all scratched up and I was never able to get to Veemon

u didnt' get the disc doctor ?

Offline robertdane101

• This time will pass.
    • Memory Expert
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 02:19:53 »
This is an interesting question. My preference will still be stronghold crusaders.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 02:21:41 »
Tetris

I still play Tetris on my original GB sometimes!

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 03:17:07 »
Dark Souls 1. Speaking of which, ds3 is 50% off on steam now, just picked up one copy for myself

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 16:54:31 »
Final Fantasy VII
yes
yes

Secret of Mana on SNES and the MS-DOS version of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy on my old Compaq Portable III :'(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 17:08:40 »
Final Fantasy VII
yes
yes

Secret of Mana on SNES and the MS-DOS version of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy on my old Compaq Portable III :'(

Don't play them when you're older, it's probably not as fun, you'd more likely ruin the memory.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 17:09:47 »
Tetris

OG Gameboy Tetris so good!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 17:30:00 »
Tetris

OG Gameboy Tetris so good!

DS is best portable Tetris.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 17:33:54 »
Final Fantasy VII
yes
yes

Don't play them when you're older, it's probably not as fun, you'd more likely ruin the memory.

can refute
have played
still fun
;)

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 01:08:26 »
Pokemon Red or Gold
+1.Can't remember how many hours I have played them  :p
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 07:49:14 »
The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past. Or maybe Quake1 (spent a decade of my life on that one), or Ultima Online was awefully fun in the early days.
keyboards.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 07:58:47 »
Hi I would like to delete my account.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 14:55:07 by clasicks »

Offline ndumdr

• Jung Wheein
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 15:32:40 »
Skyrim. It was my 2nd RPG game after Life is strange and I was first drawn in by the medieval-ish setting/concept.

Offline profanum429

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 15:44:21 »
Asheron's Call; my first MMO. It was awesome just being introduced to that type of game. I'd love to experience it again :)

Offline vulup

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 18:40:48 »
Mechwarrior 2 - that game blew my mind when I played it for the first time.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 19:14:28 »
The Binding of Isaac

Offline vulup

« Reply #100 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 02:57:10 »
Final Fantasy VII
yes
yes

Secrete of Mana was amazing - friends and I would rent a console and the game for the weekend in high school, with 4 controllers. It was a blast.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 17:38:24 »
Final Fantasy VII
yes
yes

Secrete of Mana was amazing - friends and I would rent a console and the game for the weekend in high school, with 4 controllers. It was a blast.

yesssssssssss

Offline ergo_guy

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 21:47:59 »
For me it would have to be Portal, I actually played portal 2 before the first one, and I would love to be able to go back in time and play them in the proper order.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 22:54:09 »
could never make it through Secret Of Mana, I've started playing it at least half-a-dozen times and always lose interest like half-way in.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 17:09:00 »
could never make it through Secret Of Mana, I've started playing it at least half-a-dozen times and always lose interest like half-way in.

You seem to get bored with a lot of things.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 17:30:19 »
things just don't hold my interest the way they used to

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 17:48:02 »
Leisure Suit Larry

Offline Kavik

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 20:01:42 »
For me it would have to be Portal, I actually played portal 2 before the first one, and I would love to be able to go back in time and play them in the proper order.

When I first read this, I thought this was the "Which Sets Do YOU Most Desire to See a Rerun Of?" I thought, "When was there a Portal keycap set?" That would be a cool set though...
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 September 2017, 21:15:16 by Kavik »

Offline ergo_guy

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 20:35:13 »

When I first read this, I thought this was the "Which Sets Do YOU Most Desire to See a Rerun Of?" I thought, "When was there a Portal keycap set?" That would be a cool set thought...

I think there is/was a portal keycap set interest check or at least a render.

EDIT:  After a quick google it looks like there are some novelties of the person jumping through a portal.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2017, 20:37:08 by ergo_guy »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 22:01:23 »

When I first read this, I thought this was the "Which Sets Do YOU Most Desire to See a Rerun Of?" I thought, "When was there a Portal keycap set?" That would be a cool set thought...

I think there is/was a portal keycap set interest check or at least a render.

EDIT:  After a quick google it looks like there are some novelties of the person jumping through a portal.

There WAS (is) a Portal set - a dozen, or maybe 16, keycaps with Portal-inspired glyphs on them, mostly from those lighted displays you see going into each level in Portal 1.

Only link I could find at short notice:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Portal/comments/15av88/portal_keycap_sets_for_mechanical_keyboards_on/

And the GB thread:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=22448.0

Offline SJHL

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 07:36:15 »
Contra

Been thinking about playing Lunar: Silver Star Story lately again, also.

Offline wesleyjhere

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 08:58:25 »
I think I'd like to go back to red dead redemption, or to the moon.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 12:23:23 »
Ocarina of Time
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 14:01:34 »
All of my childhood video games on my Amiga 500 Plus such as Monkey Island, Cannon Fodder, the Goblins saga, The Chaos Engine (damn you bugged ugly Steam version), Gods, Syndicate, Moonstone, Alien Breed, International Karate Plus, Another World, Flashback, Zool, Lemmings, North & South and a ton more.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline rustywok

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 14:41:30 »
Planescape Torment

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 15:24:49 »
Probably Team Fortress 2, I just want to learn everything again and start from fresh  :p

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline Kavik

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 21:19:00 »
All of my childhood video games on my Amiga 500 Plus such as Monkey Island, Cannon Fodder, the Goblins saga, The Chaos Engine (damn you bugged ugly Steam version), Gods, Syndicate, Moonstone, Alien Breed, International Karate Plus, Another World, Flashback, Zool, Lemmings, North & South and a ton more.

I had an Amiga 1000. Almost every game on that computer scared the crap out of me for some reason. I still occasionally have scary dreams about "It Came From The Desert" *shudders*.

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 05:24:15 »

Ah ah this!  Still have my Amiga 500 in a garage: last time I checked it was still working.

Although the one thing that did really blow my mind is the first real-time strategy game I've played vs random strangers over the Internet. Back then for me it was Warcraft II by Blizzard (on PC). Except that the game was NOT meant to be played over the Internet. It was LAN-only.

So we'd install a software simulating a LAN over tcp/ip (it was called Kali, it has its Wikipedia page). Kali was so big that Blizzard did actually release its own customized version of it that it'd then ship with Warcraft II.

And then we'd compete and keep player rankings on "web 1.0" webpages (like Case's Ladder), where basically the system worked based on honor ("I, TacticalCoder, recognize that iMav beat me in a game of Warcraft II on the map "Plains of Snow"). We'd meet on IRC to set up matches.

This was all before battle.net existed of course.

It's this entire experience I'd want to live again: "hacking" LAN-only action games so that we could play them on the Internet, finding strangers on IRC forums and arranging games, playing the game (of course) then reporting the results on these crappy Web 1.0 sites... All this over dial-up of course (not forgetting the sound these modems made when establishing the dial-up connection).

Several of the players and teams who were at the top of Case's Ladder Warcraft II rankings became Starcraft, SC II and Warcraft III players and some made it to pro players.

I'd want to relive this: we knew it was a glimpse into the future.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 September 2017, 05:30:44 by TacticalCoder »
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline Veneta td

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 04:05:53 »
h1z1?i don'r know.

Offline Zobeid Zuma

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 08:13:02 »
Star Control II.   (i.e. The Ur-Quan Masters)

Offline I_am_not_me_

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 16:50:59 »
Oh man, I'd say:

Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2. I've played both games so much that I know each level like the back of my hand and being able to re experience everything again like new would be amazing.

Breath of the Wild. The perfect game to go into knowing nothing and I wish I could wipe my memory after finishing and redo it.

Pokemon Crystal and Emerald. It was so fun discovering all the cool little things in the game. I'd love to go in blind again.

Twisted Metal 4 and Black. Pretty much the same reasons.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 21:50:31 »
Oh man, I'd say:

Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2. I've played both games so much that I know each level like the back of my hand and being able to re experience everything again like new would be amazing.

Breath of the Wild. The perfect game to go into knowing nothing and I wish I could wipe my memory after finishing and redo it.

Pokemon Crystal and Emerald. It was so fun discovering all the cool little things in the game. I'd love to go in blind again.

I never had Crystal version, but I had Silver. It really blew Red and Blue out of the water with the amount of exploration and added features. It's been so long since I played it that it would probably be pretty close to playing it for the first time.

Offline I_am_not_me_

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 21:54:13 »
Yeah the second gen games were huge. I can't quite remember if Silver also had 8 gyms but I'm pretty sure it did. I have played Soul Silver though and it's an absolute masterpiece in my opinion. So if you decide to revisit Johto, I'd definitely recommend the remake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kavik

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 22:20:14 »
Yeah the second gen games were huge. I can't quite remember if Silver also had 8 gyms but I'm pretty sure it did. I have played Soul Silver though and it's an absolute masterpiece in my opinion. So if you decide to revisit Johto, I'd definitely recommend the remake.

IIRC Silver had 8 gyms + the 8 gyms from Kanto.

Offline I_am_not_me_

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 22:22:21 »
Brainfart, sorry. I meant 16 as in two regions. So in that case yeah the johto games are huge.

Offline Millsoncapo

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 12:50:25 »
fifa

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 19:57:28 »
OW. While i dont play it anymore, it was still a good experience moving on from games like minecraft and playing a real fps for once.
hi.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 00:10:13 »
Metroid Prime
Bioshock Infinite
Final Fantasy VI (3 in the US)
Secret of Mana
A Link to the Past
Kings Quest VI

So, so many more

Offline 3DPlatformer

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 20:10:34 »
Oh man, I'd say:

Same here with Donkey Kong Country, but for me it's 2 and 3.

The Ratchet & Clank series, specifically the first three.

The Jak series. I'm still hoping for Jak 4, however unlikely that is.

I doubt many have heard of this game but I have to mention Cloudbuilt. It's one of few modern games I've played that has truly challenging, skill based game play. Playing that game was like learning to play video games all over again. There were times where I couldn't beat a level because I just plain wasn't good enough at the time. The only thing I could do was practice and try again the next day. Watching my skills grow and seeing my perseverance pay off to the point that I could finally complete the 'Chains' level was an amazing experience.

Offline Landcaps

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 13:57:29 »
the first game that come up in my mind is Brigandine(PS1) one of the best strategic game. not sure if there is other game with similarity.

for other games:
-command & conquer series
-warcraft 3
-Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds (my first online game) long before ragnarok online come up.
-Ragnarok online
-world of warcraft vanilla.
-metroid all games

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 18:24:50 »
Oh man, I'd say:

Same here with Donkey Kong Country, but for me it's 2 and 3.

The Ratchet & Clank series, specifically the first three.

The Jak series. I'm still hoping for Jak 4, however unlikely that is.

I doubt many have heard of this game but I have to mention Cloudbuilt. It's one of few modern games I've played that has truly challenging, skill based game play. Playing that game was like learning to play video games all over again. There were times where I couldn't beat a level because I just plain wasn't good enough at the time. The only thing I could do was practice and try again the next day. Watching my skills grow and seeing my perseverance pay off to the point that I could finally complete the 'Chains' level was an amazing experience.

Donkey Kong snes unplayable on modern lcds ..

Similar to sonic.. too much blurring, especially on the cart levels.

Gotta dig out the crt for donkey kong.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 03:46:43 »
Final Fantasy VII

Yep... Same

no you wouldn't..

everyone says that,  but the majority of the Growing up has made us way too impatient for those grinder-rpgs..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 08:30:13 »
Cave Story. I just started and already wish I could press reset and play on CRT instead. I want a Nintendo Switch now. halp

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 20:49:28 »
http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/

But every new game is like the first time.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 03:41:07 »
I have been pretty picky on games lately. Been going back to old ones instead of getting new ones. This got me thinking about all of my favorite games.

If I could play a game again for the first time it would be Skyrim.

EDIT: I didn't even think about the pure ecstasy of playing Diablo 2 for the first time...

You?

I remember when that game came out, me and my buddy were ecstatic. I went to go grab him for some food and knocked on his barrack's room door. All I heard was "ITS OPEN.". Weirded out, I opened the door to find him rolled up in a large comforter like some sort of gamer cocoon with soda boxes on the floor and his window seal lined with what I remember to be Sunkist- sitting 3 feet from his tv. I don't know how many hours he had been up; I just know he was having a blast

Offline dodgeyhack

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 05:35:17 »
Thief. That was a whole new experience, and so intense.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 06:07:47 »
I would love to replay shadow of the Colossus again for the first time. the enigmatic nature of the game with no maps and just following the light from your sword to encountering the various beasts. you had an idea what they would look like from the statues but, nothing would ever prepare you to what you were gonna expect when you actually meet them!