Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 871471 times)

Offline dreamingftw

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #450 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 01:46:16 »
SC2 all day baby! gLgNightmare msg me for some games!

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #451 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 02:25:27 »
Been playing a little CS:GO and Red Orchestra 2. Just bought Endless Space, trying to figure it out. Looks like an interesting game though. Wanna get Guild Wars 2 sometime, but I'm worried once I start it will kill my grades and good study habits I've got going..
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 September 2012, 11:11:53 by BoxWithADot »

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #452 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 10:49:22 »
Played CS: GO last night, all in all was fairly unimpressed. Something about it felt a little off. Maybe it's because I've got so used to "this is a bad guy skin, this is a good guy skin" and all the skins now just seem to be some small variation of tan.

I was playing a gunga. . .sorry Arms Race, and it was cycling through the new weapons, and i'm like "What the hell are these things" LOL.

I'll give it another try. I do like what they've done with the sniping.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline bdc1987

« Reply #453 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 02:13:51 »
I play BF3 and minecraft on the computer and I have Borderlands wfor the xbox 360

Offline ra7c7er

« Reply #454 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 08:43:26 »
I have been thinking about getting shift 2 unleashed. anyone play it is it worth it over the dirt series?

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #455 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 09:30:02 »
Started playing borderlands 2. It's a cool game.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #456 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 09:32:31 »
ftl at the moment, with a bit of CS:GO and some d3 every now and again.

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
« Reply #457 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 09:52:45 »
I'm enjoying Borderlands 2 a lot right now, I've been playing it quite a bit on the PC with one of my housemates. It's beautiful with max settings.
Ducky Shine 2 - MX Red with Red LEDs

Offline xorpher

« Reply #458 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 10:08:24 »
CS:GO. Glad to be back into Counter Strike after moving on from Source a couple years ago. While there are a lot of changes that need to be made, I am very happy with it so far. And they seem to be very active in listening to the community, so I'm looking forward to new maps/updates that will be coming out.

Offline ontherx

« Reply #459 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 13:22:32 »
I also recently picked up borderlands 2. Pretty fun game so far. I didn't play the first one, so it's all fresh.

I also play CS:GO (first time back to the game since...56k?!), I've been playing Bastion (great indie adventure game), and I have been an on-and-off WoW player since release.

CS:GO's rather 2D gameplay is a nice welcoming back. I played most of the CoD series, but CS and Left4Dead retain simplicity of FPS to keep it fun and quick to dive in. Customizing perks/killstreaks/guns/challenges can just be too much when all you want to do is play an FPS...

Offline bdc1987

« Reply #460 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 17:52:32 »
Started playing borderlands 2. It's a cool game.

I like it so far. I wish I wish I would've gotten it for the PC but I did get the ultimate loot chest edition so it kind of makes me feel better about getting it for the Xbox.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #461 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 19:07:02 »
Pretty much GW2 here. 

Offline NSMarkop

• Cuber.US
« Reply #462 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 20:05:52 »
Torchlight 2 since it came out today. I won't really be able to delve into it until sometime next week after all of my exams are done, though.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #463 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 17:29:50 »
Not really playing at the moment, but planning on taking back D3 probably.

Oh, and if you guys like Indie Games, there's the Humble Bundle 6 still up for 11 days. This one is, IMO, not as much interesting as the previous one (which I forgot to buy, dammit !), but still pretty cool :)

Offline xorpher

« Reply #464 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 07:11:24 »
Not really playing at the moment, but planning on taking back D3 probably.

Oh, and if you guys like Indie Games, there's the Humble Bundle 6 still up for 11 days. This one is, IMO, not as much interesting as the previous one (which I forgot to buy, dammit !), but still pretty cool :)

Yeah, the last Humble Indie Bundle was certainly the best I have seen. Really glad I got it. This one doesn't look nearly as enticing..

Offline modulor

« Reply #465 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 09:24:59 »
I would agree that the last HIB was the best so far, but the current one has a lot of good titles and I would highly recommend it anyway...plus, it's for charity!  I went in with some friends to get Torchlight II, but it'll be a few days before I can break into that...it looks great, though.

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #466 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 10:59:03 »
Pretty much GW2 here. 

That's about the sum of my PC gaming this past month.  Don't even think I've updated the League client in a few weeks.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #467 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 11:02:56 »
How do you guys like GW2? I'm thinking about getting it as I'm getting bored with wow
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #468 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 11:07:03 »
I'm enjoying it.  Then again, I haven't played WoW for about 3 years.  So, I'm sure experience may vary.

ArenaNet has some short comings that they need to address, but the game itself is fairly solid.  Few tweaks to their sPvP queueing regarding queueing with friends and I'd be content.  WvW is fun with a group, too.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #469 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 13:11:56 »
It's fantastic.  I won't be going back to MoP. 

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #470 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 13:17:03 »
And did any of you guys try the Mac game client please ?
I wonder if it would run on my Mid-2010 13" (320M, so significantly better than HD3000 but not HD4000).

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #471 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 13:20:06 »
Sorry - all Windows, here, for gaming.  Only really use my MBP for seldom internet surfing or when I'm travelling.

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #472 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 13:38:58 »
I wonder if it would run on my Mid-2010 13" (320M, so significantly better than HD3000 but not HD4000).

Didn't know there was a mac client. Might try it on my MBP, it has a 330M, so I'll let you know how it plays!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #473 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 13:45:00 »
I've been playing Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and Civilization V: Gods and Kings
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #474 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 13:52:00 »

Didn't know there was a mac client. Might try it on my MBP, it has a 330M, so I'll let you know how it plays!
Yes, it's very recent, and in Beta only as of now ;)

wiredPANDA -> That's only temporary, for this year, as I've always been playing on PC before, and probably will be after it ;)

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #475 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 13:56:51 »
PC gaming is just so easy.  I've grown lazier as the years go by.  I'm not all that interested in trying to get things to run from Mac/Linux anymore.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #476 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 14:02:42 »
PC gaming is just so easy.  I've grown lazier as the years go by.  I'm not all that interested in trying to get things to run from Mac/Linux anymore.
Exactly, and that's the only thing that would keep me having a Windows partition ...
Although I found that pretty easy to run games on Linux with PlayOnLinux :)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #477 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 14:05:06 »
Might be getting back into WoW nextweek...lol damn WWbarb nerfs in D3
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline modulor

« Reply #478 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 14:22:41 »
Exactly, and that's the only thing that would keep me having a Windows partition ...
Although I found that pretty easy to run games on Linux with PlayOnLinux :)

Steam will be releasing a Linux client soon: http://steamforlinux.com/ ...and the list of games: http://steamlinux.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #479 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 15:53:18 »
Steam will be releasing a Linux client soon: http://steamforlinux.com/ ...and the list of games: http://steamlinux.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Something about the URL in that second link that just raises red flags for me.  Maybe I'm over paranoid...

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #480 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 15:59:09 »
Yes, it's absolutely clear, no worries.
That Steam for Linux is a good thing, we can only hope that it will push developers to make their games available on Linux :)

Offline tcv

« Reply #481 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 17:48:22 »
Starcraft 2.

Some roms and Skyrim can be fun too.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #482 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 18:24:33 »
Speaking of roms, I'm getting a RetroLink SNES USB controller. I would have preferred an NES controller since that's what I'll be mainly playing, but you can do so much more with the SNES controller as it has ABXY and LR instead of just AB. Ergonomically they were better designed as well, with the rounded edges.

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #483 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 19:05:30 »
Speaking of roms, I'm getting a RetroLink SNES USB controller. I would have preferred an NES controller since that's what I'll be mainly playing, but you can do so much more with the SNES controller as it has ABXY and LR instead of just AB. Ergonomically they were better designed as well, with the rounded edges.

What are you talking about! The NES controller is the most ergonomic controller EVER MADE. Also, I need to pick up a USB NES/SNES controller one of these days as well..

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #484 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 11:38:30 »
15 bucks on fleabay takes it home. I'll post a review of my RetroLink SNES controller when it gets in today/tomorrow. From everything I've read avoid the "tomee" brand if possible, it looks like crap and you only have to spend 5 bucks more for the RetroLink

On a side note, has anybody else played the demo for Xcom-Enemy Unknown? I was so impressed I preordered. Besides a couple of little misses (and a few improvements) over the original, it seems like a very faithful update. It got my 50 bucks for preorder, and that says a lot since the last time I paid 50 bucks for a game was when I played console games and had no choice. Bought Civ V on first price drop for 30 bucks and that was a big deal.

But there's some value added here, it's got the normal assortment of TF2 garbage (stopped playing for a year, i'll play an occasional arena or MvM match nowadays) as well as some in game aesthetic upgrades (i'm looking forward to the "classic soldier" skin haha)

But if enough people preorder (and they will) a free copy of Civ V that I can gift to my wife so we can play together online. True love.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 September 2012, 11:40:23 by Internetlad »

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #485 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 12:31:21 »
15 bucks on fleabay takes it home. I'll post a review of my RetroLink SNES controller when it gets in today/tomorrow. From everything I've read avoid the "tomee" brand if possible, it looks like crap and you only have to spend 5 bucks more for the RetroLink

On a side note, has anybody else played the demo for Xcom-Enemy Unknown? I was so impressed I preordered. Besides a couple of little misses (and a few improvements) over the original, it seems like a very faithful update. It got my 50 bucks for preorder, and that says a lot since the last time I paid 50 bucks for a game was when I played console games and had no choice. Bought Civ V on first price drop for 30 bucks and that was a big deal.

But there's some value added here, it's got the normal assortment of TF2 garbage (stopped playing for a year, i'll play an occasional arena or MvM match nowadays) as well as some in game aesthetic upgrades (i'm looking forward to the "classic soldier" skin haha)

But if enough people preorder (and they will) a free copy of Civ V that I can gift to my wife so we can play together online. True love.

Gonna have to look it up and nab one! And I also played the Xcom-Enemy Unknown demo and thought it was fantastic. Haven't pre ordered yet, but it's on my to-do list!

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #486 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 12:37:56 »

I've ordered GW2, should be here today. I'm excited to try something different. Regardless of the new content w/ MOP, I'm just ready for something new that isn't another WoW clone. From what I've read about GW2, a WoW clone is what it is not, so I can't wait to try it.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
« Reply #487 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 12:46:18 »

I've ordered GW2, should be here today. I'm excited to try something different. Regardless of the new content w/ MOP, I'm just ready for something new that isn't another WoW clone. From what I've read about GW2, a WoW clone is what it is not, so I can't wait to try it.

It's definitely not a WoW clone. I have't put much time into it yet, but I've enjoyed what I have put into it. Not that I'm not going back and giving WoW another try (on a trial account) at the request of a friend who started playing again. I have my doubts that I'll stick around playing it though.
Ducky Shine 2 - MX Red with Red LEDs

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #488 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 15:05:55 »
The carrot that kept me playing WoW for as long as I did was already shrinking and with GW2, it's too minuscule to really invest money, time and emotion into anymore.  It's like going from SD to 1080pHD for me.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #489 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 15:14:21 »
The carrot that kept me playing WoW for as long as I did was already shrinking and with GW2, it's too minuscule to really invest money, time and emotion into anymore.  It's like going from SD to 1080pHD for me.

That's what I wanted to hear. Anyway, I'm more of a casual gamer myself. I don't have the time to meet for raiding week in and week out, and I like the idea of being able to PVP with skill being the focus instead of gear. I've got a nice computer and a 3D 120HZ monitor and a great graphics card, I can't wait to start playing. The game arrives from Amazon today! :)

Offline neeb

« Reply #490 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 18:00:03 »
I'm hooked on guild wars 2 right now. I'm not much into pve and I love that gw2 allows you to play only pvp if you want to (you don't need to level up and get gear etc when you're in pvp mode) the same way guild wars 1 did. Love it!

Offline Striketh

« Reply #491 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 20:59:31 »
I just started up dota 2, mostly playing Lich right now, though I do a fair brewmaster too. I also just got into the Hawken Alpha so will be checking that out too.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #492 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 23:22:48 »
Hellgate Global because i couldnt give up on Hellgate London.

Offline Will@Drop

• GH Admin & MD Co-Founder
  • * Administrator
    • Massdrop
« Reply #493 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 23:57:16 »
Hellgate Global because i couldnt give up on Hellgate London.

Still? I didn't know those servers were still on :P

I had a friend get burned pretty hard on that game come to think of it. He's a professional MMO hacker for gold farming, the kind of guy who made glider bot in WoW if any of you remember that. He took the time to RE the entire client and build one that used incredibly limited graphics such that you could run about 50 clients on a high end PC at that point in time. He did hundreds of hours of work under the impression it was going to be the next big thing. Kind of a shame how that worked out xD.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #494 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 00:08:19 »
New server run by a new company which i believe is korean. Its going well now in korea, japan, and the us though i think its slowed in recent moths as nothing new has come out.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #495 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:38:48 »
When I have time: I do some League of Legends, Skyrim, and Binding of Issac. Right now playing through Borderlands 2. Waiting for- Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs and Bioshock Infinite.

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #496 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 04:02:12 »
Lately most of my time is dedicated to SC2/SSF4. I have a ton of games on Steam that I play every so often, but none that I'm really digging my teeth into yet it seems. Despite this fact, the Summer Sale still manages to take my money...

No kidding, this sounds just like me. I Have at least 25 games I picked up during the Steam Holiday Sale and Summer Sale. Yet I've played no more than 30 hours split between them all. Skyrim was the biggest disappointment of all, particularly since it's the only one I spent more than $10 on.

In the meantime, I easily have several hundred hours between SC2 and SSF4:AE.

Edit: Just noticed how old the post I quoted is. I was certain I jumped to the last page of this thread and it just happened to be the last post on the page.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 04:05:16 by ChaoticKinesis »

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #497 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 04:04:47 »
Planetside 2

izzz guuudddd
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline scytheR

« Reply #498 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:33:55 »
starcraft 2 and just started playing borderlands 2 a few days ago. i liked the first one, and no doubt do i enjoy the second one :)
Topre 104UW XF01T0 white (default keycaps, soon to attack the market (and my wallet) | Filco Majestouch 104 mx brown FKB104M/EB

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #499 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 09:48:11 »
Former cs 1.6 competitive player, semi pro, but still as a hobby.
Thinking of go pro in cs:go, have gotten some interesting offers from sponsored teams, but im to depressed right now, NO HACK OrANGE CC FOR ME :'(

Also play alot of dota2 and HoN together with LoL with friends, where dota2 is the favorite.