Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 872676 times)

Offline swagpiratex

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 15:43:48 »
Just finished playing Sleeping Dogs, that game was much more fun than GTA ever was.

But I think being Asian American had something to do with that.

Regardless, anyone who hasn't given it a chance yet because of its stupid name is missing out.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #551 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 17:46:56 »
Just finished playing Sleeping Dogs, that game was much more fun than GTA ever was.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it would sell better under it's current title or as True Crime: Hong Kong.

Even the devs said activision was a fool to sell off the game in the state it was, they apparently simply added polish and threw it up for sale.

Personally i'm playing so much XCom that i'm getting burnt out. I'm not even past the first alien base raid because i've restarted about 10 times thinking "I learned something this game, I can do better.

But it's still really fun.

My wife is playing Alan Wake, and enjoying it.

I still get in a bit of TF2, CIV V, FTL and KSP lol acronyms
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 October 2012, 17:49:20 by Internetlad »
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #552 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 17:50:12 »
Been playing Darksiders and Darksiders 2 lately, they're great fun so I don't spend much time talking about them. However; just now I, Horseman of Death, wanted to speak some king-type in the realm of the dead. But no, I have to go beat a champion before they'll let me speak to the king. But wait, there's more; I have to get whatever you need to summon this champion as they're too lazy to do it for me.
Being Death I sort of expected more.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #553 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 18:07:39 »
It ain't easy bein' death.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #554 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 18:38:01 »
I bought Borderlands 2 but the jury is still out on whether I really like it or not. The game is damn near impossible if you try to solo it, especially the bosses. I'm only level 7 so time will tell.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline telepete

• Jedi Knight and friend of Captain Solo.
Re: Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #555 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 19:00:51 »
I bought Borderlands 2 but the jury is still out on whether I really like it or not. The game is damn near impossible if you try to solo it, especially the bosses. I'm only level 7 so time will tell.

First playthrough was a piece of cake. Clear the game and unlock "True Vault Hunter Mode". Thats when the fun begins.
Don't you wish Carnifex was at your side?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #556 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 21:19:52 »

First playthrough was a piece of cake. Clear the game and unlock "True Vault Hunter Mode". Thats when the fun begins.
Oh man, the end game content in TVHM is beyond frustrating. All the lv53's that can take out my Zer0 in two shots, but require an armory of ammo to drop. As Scooter would say, 'Not cool bro not cool.'

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #557 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 13:06:38 »
Mostly BF3, Skyrim, sometimess COD with my buddy when we wanna troll. That's the norm, I have lots of others, but I tend to usually be on these.
EC66 | MIYA

Offline Striketh

« Reply #558 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 14:14:35 »

I solo'd the entire campaign as a Mechromancer. Finished at lvl 36 (did the DLC as well). Didn't really have too many issues. I died a few times on the final section with all the bots they throw at you, but otherwise I rarely died or lost to bosses - in fact, most were way, way too easy. Once I unlocked clap for my Deathtrap he just became ridiculous in every battle - usually one shotting entire groups of enemies.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #559 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 14:30:25 »
Maybe I need to reroll or try different weapons. My weapons have better stats than what's sold at the vendor. I just don't seem to be able to enough damage. I break cover, shoot at something to get its shield down, but I start getting hit and I have to take cover, the targets shield starts recharging and I'm right back to square one. Maybe I'm not doing something right.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline Striketh

« Reply #560 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 14:54:51 »
Maybe I need to reroll or try different weapons. My weapons have better stats than what's sold at the vendor. I just don't seem to be able to enough damage. I break cover, shoot at something to get its shield down, but I start getting hit and I have to take cover, the targets shield starts recharging and I'm right back to square one. Maybe I'm not doing something right.

Definitely not. You shouldn't really need to hide behind cover all that often in this game. Go for headshots / critical spots. Every enemy has critical spots where, if you hit it, they will die much quicker. Also, in early game if you get any fire weapons definitely use those as all flesh enemies are weak to them and the fire will typically cause them to stop shooting (as does hitting critical spots - it staggers them).

A tip for later in the game too - if you shoot the robots in the legs it will stagger them when they're running at you.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #561 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 01:10:00 »
Just get a beefy shotty and run up in all those bandits faces, who cares if you die 'cause you can just blast 'em away with a shot or two at close range and get second winded.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #562 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 01:14:08 »
Me and some clan mates have been playing a lot of user generated missions. It's a ton of fun and if you want to join pm me and I'll give you the teamspeak info
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #563 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 08:36:57 »
Ya know I used to be an avid wow addict. Then, after wrath, not only did it get old, but it started to get in general, too easy. I missed the old days pre-quest helper, when the game took serious skills.
EC66 | MIYA

Offline Seltox

« Reply #564 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 12:01:20 »
I thought I might give FTL a play for like a half hour, after having not played it for a few weeks.

.. 4 hours later >_>  (Unlocked the Mantis & Zoltan cruisers though!)

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #565 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 11:59:45 »
Anyone (still) playing SW:TOR around here ?
I was thinking of buying it as it is pretty cheap right now, but I was wondering if the game was still enjoyable, and not deserted, so if you guys know about that ^^

Offline ih8

« Reply #566 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 15:05:31 »
LoL and XCOM currently

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #567 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 17:32:40 »

Definitely not. You shouldn't really need to hide behind cover all that often in this game. Go for headshots / critical spots. Every enemy has critical spots where, if you hit it, they will die much quicker. Also, in early game if you get any fire weapons definitely use those as all flesh enemies are weak to them and the fire will typically cause them to stop shooting (as does hitting critical spots - it staggers them).

A tip for later in the game too - if you shoot the robots in the legs it will stagger them when they're running at you.

Thanks for this. I was using the wrong weapons. I had an incendiary gun and a gun that does explosive damage in my backpack, I equipped those and things have gotten a ton easier. I went right through two bosses without dying once. And the game is definitely getting much much more fun.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #568 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 18:14:33 »
Now playing Hotline Miami. Definitely not what I expected, which was a top down shooter. HM is in the same vein of Super Meat Boy, so if you are a sadist who enjoys abuse and super tight game play, I would highly recommend it. Very difficult, and very rewarding.

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #569 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 18:58:02 »
Right now I'm playing Dead Space 2 for the first time to relieve some stress :p

Offline Lanx

« Reply #570 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 19:44:18 »
ugh games suck...
as in there are so many!

i just came back from my honeymoon in italy, and i enjoyed it, not because i went to florence or venice or rome, but becauses Ezio did! i mean it sounds super silly that i would have no idea what i was looking at, had i not climbed down the pantheon so that i could assassinate some fat dude carrying a box of gold.

so i'm replaying assassins creed 2 and brotherhood (the italy ones, revelations focused on constintanople or iran?) and since i'm an old school gamer, i have to play the new xcom enemy unknown...

now i find out that assassins creed 3 releases next week and then halo 4? ugh games suck.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #571 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 20:37:39 »
ಠ_ಠ

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #572 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 22:18:16 »
ಠ_ಠ

LOL i know xD thats what AP chemistry does to you.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #573 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 22:34:18 »

DS2 is a great game...I love its ambiance.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #574 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 22:38:16 »

DS2 is a great game...I love its ambiance.

Yea, I'm really glad I got it. I kept forgetting it's *not* a zombie game, and have finally stopped being so cautious around dead bodies. I'm already looking forward to DS3 :D

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #575 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 23:46:09 »
I mainly play FPS games because that's what my friends play. Doesn't stop me from destroying at their own games though.

I play:
-BF3
-CoD:MW3
-CoD:BO
-TF2
-L4D2
-CS:GO & CS:S

and pretty much whatever other people are playing.
I'm typing from a CM Quickfire with MX Blues.I'm also on a constant search for cool keycaps.
PM me if you've got any you'd like to send to Australia, I'm happy to buy!

Offline i488

« Reply #576 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 00:15:47 »
being play all blizzard games for as long as blizzard exist
FML

Offline sovano

« Reply #577 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 00:25:56 »
Contemplating whether I should buy and download The Walking Dead on my iPhone or not....I don't have a TV/Xbox/PS3 so hmm.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #578 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 18:10:12 »
I mainly play FPS games because that's what my friends play. Doesn't stop me from destroying at their own games though.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #579 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 20:42:27 »
Playing Dota 2...
I love Elzy

Offline poopmat

« Reply #580 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 11:21:07 »
ok best new game of the year
Hotline Miami
all i can say is wow
this thing is the on hard mode always and has the best soundtrack ive heard in a game in a long while
its a symphony of violence and neon
all tied together with 16 bit graphics and a david lynch storyline
woot this game rocks

REΛLFORCE 103u, Ergodex DX1, IBM model M, Daskeyboard II, QFR brown,

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #581 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 11:29:58 »
ok best new game of the year
Hotline Miami

watched the trailer

>>saw GTA I+II with animal head

Played Rock of Ages tutorial. Actually a little more fun than I thought it would be. Perhaps i'll get it tonight. for 2.50 it'll be worth it at least.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #582 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 13:24:26 »
Anyone know the best strategy to kill a bad as psycho in BL2? They keep taking me down and fast

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #583 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 16:54:04 »
Anyone know the best strategy to kill a bad as psycho in BL2? They keep taking me down and fast

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #584 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 17:11:49 »
Back to TF2 yet again thanks to another EVGA contest. Sad thing is I still have fun playing it despite the endless hours and simplicity.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline poopmat

« Reply #585 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 17:16:51 »
REΛLFORCE 103u, Ergodex DX1, IBM model M, Daskeyboard II, QFR brown,

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #586 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 21:45:09 »
Just started playing EvE Online again :) character name is Snaphu
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #587 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 21:56:36 »
Minecraft ^____^

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #588 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 23:51:30 »
Minecraft ^____^
YUUUUUUUP! *insert Dave Hester *

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #589 on: Sun, 28 October 2012, 00:09:25 »

Offline smoke070

« Reply #590 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 14:34:26 »
At the moment Minecraft as well as Guild Wars 2. Bought a Minecraft server recently for a couple of my friends to play on, great fun. :)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #591 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 14:43:00 »
Minecraft ^____^

Double YUUUUUUUP!

Single player or multiplayer? I've only done single but would be willing to host a multi-player if enough people were interested (can users host?)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #592 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 14:54:15 »
Deadlight.  It's on sale on Steam for around $12.  A few games are on sale right now for Halloween.
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #593 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 15:30:17 »
Minecraft ^____^

Double YUUUUUUUP!

Single player or multiplayer? I've only done single but would be willing to host a multi-player if enough people were interested (can users host?)
You need a server. Bukkit or Vanilla are the most common. Tekkit being a derivative of Bukkit. I run a Bukkit server for myself and a few friends, but there is a GH Minecraft server already... Hop in the IRC and go to the #geekhack.minecraft channel. Ping dfj and ask him for an invite on to the server. He's a good bloke. :)

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #594 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 07:07:47 »
I don't game much anymore,  when I'm in the mood i pull up Warzone 2100.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #595 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 12:21:14 »
You need a server. Bukkit or Vanilla are the most common. Tekkit being a derivative of Bukkit. I run a Bukkit server for myself and a few friends, but there is a GH Minecraft server already... Hop in the IRC and go to the #geekhack.minecraft channel. Ping dfj and ask him for an invite on to the server. He's a good bloke. :)

I'll have to check that out.

Offline Quark

• Searching for the perfect input experience.
« Reply #596 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 23:16:19 »
I have an Xbox 360 which one of my brothers ended up buying for me, so we could play computer games in a family clan (all my four brothers play, we all live in different parts of the world), gives us a chance to catch up outside of our kids and family's etc...

Only generally play FPS games.

Currently:

Modern Warfare 3

Battlefield 3

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

Ghost Recon (the original one on PC)

and Battlefield 2 (PC) with the Project Reality Mod

--

Been spending way too much time in team death match and free for all on MW3 though, love that game.....
--
Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 /BASH MASH CLICKETY CLACK

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #597 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 23:22:59 »
I've been watching a ton of Tekkit  videos lately and really want to try it out on multiplayer

Offline Striketh

« Reply #598 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 09:55:47 »
I've started playing Rift (MMO) again... even bought the year subscription >_<

Just couldn't stay away from MMO's, I guess. This should hold me over until Elder Scrolls Online comes out at least.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #599 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 11:44:25 »
Now playing Hotline Miami. Definitely not what I expected, which was a top down shooter. HM is in the same vein of Super Meat Boy, so if you are a sadist who enjoys abuse and super tight game play, I would highly recommend it. Very difficult, and very rewarding.

I just ordered this game. It looks like a lot of fun. :)