Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 870410 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #900 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 01:53:32 »
OK, so I've been drinking heavily and playing some Proteus over the weekend and I have reached the conclusion almost everything I've been taught about game design is a lie.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #901 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 02:09:08 »
OK, so I've been drinking heavily and playing some Proteus over the weekend and I have reached the conclusion almost everything I've been taught about game design is a lie.

Been contemplating getting it, looks relaxing.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #902 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 02:10:53 »

Do it. It is surely... something else.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #903 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 02:15:04 »

Do it. It is surely... something else.

Think I'll buy it tomorrow, alongside some scotch.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #904 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 12:50:31 »
Started on antichamber. Been wanting another good puzzle game for awhile, hope it delivers. So far, it ok and loving the art design.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 February 2013, 12:52:18 by lysol »

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #905 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 12:57:09 »
Playing FC3.

the story is a bit better than FC2, but the gameplay is exactly the same. Not that it's a bad thing, I liked FC2.

Still, gets boring quick. I can only kill and skin so many animals before it gets tiresome.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline calavera

« Reply #906 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 13:09:00 »
Battlefield 3.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #907 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 13:13:57 »
Playing FC3.

the story is a bit better than FC2, but the gameplay is exactly the same. Not that it's a bad thing, I liked FC2.

Still, gets boring quick. I can only kill and skin so many animals before it gets tiresome.

Get the upgrade where you double the amount of skins collected from a single animal...It saves a lot of time in the long-run.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #908 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 13:37:56 »
Planetside 2 exclusively... Epic night battles at the Crown with hundreds of infantry, tanks, planes... Nothing quite like anything else I've experienced... And it's f2p.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #909 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 13:39:41 »
Planetside 2 exclusively... Epic night battles at the Crown with hundreds of infantry, tanks, planes... Nothing quite like anything else I've experienced... And it's f2p.

What server?

I have a NC character on Connery and VS character on Matterson (if I remember right).
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #910 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:25:45 »
Get the upgrade where you double the amount of skins collected from a single animal...It saves a lot of time in the long-run.

how far in is that? I just finished the medusa (beached boat) after tripping balls in the mushroom cave.

I'm playing on medium and it seems like sometimes the enemy is looking right frickin at me and doesn't see me because there's a box covering my left leg or a 3 inch thick tree in front of me. Although it makes the game easier it sure does break the immersion.

Or how you can use a silenced weapon and drop some guy screaming, and nobody around seems to care, but you throw a pebble into a pile of sand and holy **** sound the alarms everybody in the area is on it.

Metal Gear this ain't.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:29:08 by Internetlad »

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #911 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:45:58 »

how far in is that? I just finished the medusa (beached boat) after tripping balls in the mushroom cave.

I'm playing on medium and it seems like sometimes the enemy is looking right frickin at me and doesn't see me because there's a box covering my left leg or a 3 inch thick tree in front of me. Although it makes the game easier it sure does break the immersion.

Or how you can use a silenced weapon and drop some guy screaming, and nobody around seems to care, but you throw a pebble into a pile of sand and holy **** sound the alarms everybody in the area is on it.

Metal Gear this ain't.

You're far along enough to be able to get the skill upgrade. It's on the right side of the skill tree.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #912 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 17:03:29 »
You're far along enough to be able to get the skill upgrade. It's on the right side of the skill tree.

The heron, the ox and the owl or whatever? it's the third one?

EDIT: Heron, Shark, Spider lol.

I don't get the skill trees in this. They seem to be filled with completely unrelated skills. For example, the Heron is supposed to be long range killing (IE Guns?) but it's filled with CQC and sneak kill skills haha. The sniper upgrade is in the Spider IIRC, and I have no clue what that theme is supposed to be.

It's like they couldn't figure out what was supposed to go where, so they just put all the best ones at the end somewhere.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 February 2013, 17:05:42 by Internetlad »

Offline m00nshake

Re: Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #913 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 18:47:20 »

What server?

I have a NC character on Connery and VS character on Matterson (if I remember right).

I have an NC on Connery, a TR on Matterson, and VS on Miller. I play mostly the VS on Miller because I like to play in the day when the wife is at work. And since its night time in Europe and Miller is a very competitive server, it works out perfectly.

I'll be honest... I'm not very good... But I'm getting better... You can find me as moonshake on Matterson, m00nshake on Miller, or stubbornmfka on Connery.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline yester64

« Reply #914 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 19:35:02 »
I feel the same way about CS right now. I just got Master Guardian II, and they all know how to play what and when to rotate and all that stuff. I only got to this rank because I know how to aim well. :-[

I just can't get into competitive online first person shooters knowing that a lot of the players cheat. I love LoL, because even if somebody did make hacks for it, it would be very easy to see that they are cheating.

I am not sure if i just suck or if other are just better or cheat, but i am really bad with CSS now. So i gave up on it. It was fun while it lasted.
There really aren't a lot of cheaters, at least not in my experience. Then again I'm fairly picky about the servers I play on, so that helps with avoiding cheaters. There is quite a skill gap, so I don't think your opponents are cheating, it does require a fair amount of practice to get decent, at least compared to other shooters like the CoD series.

I was assuming. I got no proof or anything.
The time i was playing like hardcore i was fairly good. But i never got in to the top and now i am not even in-it, if you know what i mean. I try looking for a nice hangout server where vulgar language is not key. I just can't stand the talks sometimes anymore but i am fine if someone is way better then me. Still, CS is one of the better games in that regard and i always felt that CoD was never a true game for competition. On CSS you have a lot of choices of running a very refined server something i did not find for CoD. But CoD MW was at least a good and fun shooter. Did not like anything that came after it.
Btw. i remember that time we had a server and were in TWL you needed to run a couple of anticheats software. There were always daily cheaters banned. Of course i can not say for right or wrong but it did happen.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #915 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 20:46:50 »
Playing through DMC and all these cut scenes are really starting to piss me off, I just wanna kill things dammit. Game's OK too so far, doesn't fluff my pillow like Bayonetta but it's a nice action distraction.

edit: I am starting to dislike this game. There's way too much timing reliant platform puzzles that result in instant death if you mess up. That is a big no no on my list of pet peeves.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 February 2013, 00:09:15 by noisyturtle »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #916 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 12:28:08 »
Ni No Kuni is GLORIOUS... just had to say it..

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #917 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 13:16:50 »

that's so true !
home-made TKL rubber dome keyboard !

Offline LifeIsGooD2

« Reply #918 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 19:48:00 »
Im playing a ton of Starcraft 2 like usual ...I have so many backlog games though

finishing pokemon black 2 .... then hopefully going to play MGS Rising and Ni No Kuni in the next few months

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #919 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 21:02:59 »
i just got a winning streak on LoL, but i'm so tired i'm afraid of playing another one casue i'm pretty sure i will fail =(

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #920 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 22:44:35 »
i just got a winning streak on LoL, but i'm so tired i'm afraid of playing another one casue i'm pretty sure i will fail =(

Oh boy do I know what you mean. End the night on a good note dude!!! Don't do it!!!
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #921 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 23:49:04 »
Ugh, this season has been horribad. I've been struggling just to stay out of the bottom bracket after going gold last season. Really hate these new teir brackets.

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #922 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 02:23:46 »
meh, i don't play ranked that much so i'm fine with it..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #923 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 11:19:29 »

that's so true !

though its really starting to piss me off...

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #924 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 12:35:01 »
Playing FC3.

I really enjoyed FC3, my only complaint is that once you've finished the story and cleared out all the enemy camps, there's nothing left to do. The replay value is pretty much nil.

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #925 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 13:53:42 »

that's so true !

though its really starting to piss me off...

why  ?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #926 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 13:59:54 »

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #927 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 17:12:40 »
I like how the OP back in 2009 said TF2 and that's the game I'm still playing to this day, there's not many FPS games where you can say that! :D

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #928 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 21:49:48 »
I like how the OP back in 2009 said TF2 and that's the game I'm still playing to this day, there's not many FPS games where you can say that! :D

I do play a lot of TF2, but I take periodic sabbaticals. One does not simply play one game for 4 hours everyday.

I've been getting into Xonotic (quake-style fast paced shooter) and MechWarrior Online recently, though I'll boot up a couple other games from time to time. I tend to play a lot of FPSs. I've got PlanetSide 2, Blacklight Retribution, TF2, Nuclear Dawn, Black Mesa: Source, and Tribes.
More

R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #929 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 08:23:12 »

One does not simply play one game for 4 hours everyday.

i do

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #930 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 08:58:27 »

Offline b_o

« Reply #931 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 10:10:13 »
lots of games!
like Starcraft, SC2, Wings of Liberty, Heart of the swarm and broodwar.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #932 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 11:02:28 »
finishing pokemon black 2

Ditto! You should PM me with your friend code or however they have person to person contact. You have a 3DS?

anybody still showing interest in HAWKEN? Heard it's good but with balance issues (ION Cannon OP)
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 February 2013, 11:08:34 by Internetlad »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #933 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 12:18:07 »
I just started White 2. Well, haven't actually started yet. SRing for a shiny starter.

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #934 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 15:08:33 »

I do play a lot of TF2, but I take periodic sabbaticals. One does not simply play one game for 4 hours everyday.

I've been getting into Xonotic (quake-style fast paced shooter) and MechWarrior Online recently, though I'll boot up a couple other games from time to time. I tend to play a lot of FPSs. I've got PlanetSide 2, Blacklight Retribution, TF2, Nuclear Dawn, Black Mesa: Source, and Tribes.

Cool, add me on steam if you like: Lukus_B :D

Offline inteli722

« Reply #935 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 15:14:23 »

i do

You play only one game? You only have 1 game in your library that you play?
More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #936 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 15:40:37 »

i do

tbf I've been playing sc2 WoL/HotS when ever I'm not at work and neglected so many other games... including Ni No Kuni...

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #937 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 15:44:10 »
Recommended:  FarCry3

I highly recommend that you check out FarCry3.  It's not the greatest game of all time, but it is very enjoyable.  The interface feels like a terribad port from a console-based game.  The interface simply sucks, there is no way to deny it (e.g.  press and hold "E" to interact with objects, the jumping/ climbing "Spacebar" is st00pid, and the "Mash C, Space, W" is beyond retarded and comes straight from X-box.  Also, the stealth elements of the game are a direct rip-off of Thief and Hitman, and they are totally dumbed-down for 12 year old gamers.  But even with these problems, the game is still pretty good, and will hold your interest for 60+ hours, if not more.  Get it today.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #938 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 15:47:08 »
Also, the stealth elements of the game are a direct rip-off of Thief and Hitman, and they are totally dumbed-down for 12 year old gamers.

Yeah, kind of dumb when a skinny tree is covering half your screen and a guy 4 feet away from you staring in your direction doesn't "see" you.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #939 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 16:08:29 »

i do

tbf I've been playing sc2 WoL/HotS when ever I'm not at work and neglected so many other games... including Ni No Kuni...

Well, I play a few games, not just one. I can't play one single game for 4 hours a day, everyday. I need sabbaticals if I do that. I'll do that on occasion, but never for more than a week or two.
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #940 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 16:31:30 »

i do

Well, I play a few games, not just one. I can't play one single game for 4 hours a day, everyday. I need sabbaticals if I do that. I'll do that on occasion, but never for more than a week or two.

when im in super try hard mode I can manage about 7hrs a day (on days without work)...

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #941 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 17:19:26 »
Also, the stealth elements of the game are a direct rip-off of Thief and Hitman, and they are totally dumbed-down for 12 year old gamers.

Yeah, kind of dumb when a skinny tree is covering half your screen and a guy 4 feet away from you staring in your direction doesn't "see" you.

lulz.  Yup.  Dumbed way-way down.  Remember the original Hitman: Codename 47 game?  The bad guys could spot you clear across Hong Kong bay, at night, when you were crouching behind a garbage dumpster.  And even when you were in disguise, the would spot you immediately if you ran, or carried the wrong gun, or crouched, or loitered, or did basically anything weird.  By contrast, in FarCry3, when I was dressed up as a Merc-recruit, I ran, jumped, dove in the water, waved all manner of exotic machine guns around and nothing happened.  What kind of a Merc-recruit goes for a swan-dive and swims around the bosses' boat while the boss is lecturing all of the other Merc-recruits on the deck of his boat?  Nobody thought that was suspicious?  Rly?
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #942 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 08:06:05 »
Well Aliens: CM seems to be as dog **** as all it's build up lead us to belive it would be, EuroGamer's review is pretty hillarious.

But my Metal Gear Rising party pack arrived :D :D :D

now... just need to wait for the actual game to arrive too.... ¬_¬

Offline LifeIsGooD2

« Reply #943 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 08:40:54 »
anyone heard much about MGS Rising story line ?

It just wouldnt be MGS without an awesome story

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #944 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 08:45:58 »
anyone heard much about MGS Rising story line ?

It just wouldnt be MGS without an awesome story

I've been keeping my distance, but it's set post MGS4

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #945 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 17:16:01 »
Oh and as it turns out, Ni No Kuni is a hot HOT peice of garbage. Like total proper ****. Don't let it's awesome artwork and amazing cut scenes and voice acting fool you, the game is total ****. Imagine the worst kind of JRPG, where you spend 99% of the time mindlessly grinding with a ****ty battle system, and with AI party members dumber than PSX AI.

It's total **** and I'm pissed off that I got tricked into wasting 15hrs of my life.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #946 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 17:17:35 »
Oh and as it turns out, Ni No Kuni is a hot HOT peice of garbage. Like total proper ****. Don't let it's awesome artwork and amazing cut scenes and voice acting fool you, the game is total ****. Imagine the worst kind of JRPG, where you spend 99% of the time mindlessly grinding with a ****ty battle system, and with AI party members dumber than PSX AI.

It's total **** and I'm pissed off that I got tricked into wasting 15hrs of my life.
dats harsh man.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #947 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 18:29:06 »
Oh boy do I regret buying Aliens: Colonial Marines. Really I ought to have seen this coming, as a decent Alien title hasn't been released since the ill-fated Jaguar, and even then it may have just looked great because it was surrounded by unplayable flackware. Anyway, A:CM is bad. Really bad. Don't do it, hands off that 'purchase for myself' button and save yourself the pain and money. You'd be better off simulating the experience by wandering around the hull of a boat whilst being chased by anorexic models and giving yourself a HJ with a cheese grater.

On the other side of the proverbial joystick is Antichamber. A truly unique puzzle platformer in the same vein as the Portal series with some actually thought provoking mechanics.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #948 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 01:39:43 »
Tbf it always ALWAYS looked like aliens cm was going to be garbage

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #949 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 04:27:30 »
talking about antichamber and proteus, these are two games i MUST buy in the next few weeks... really =P