Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 872834 times)

Offline mauri

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #1200 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 12:08:42 »
I'm quite fond of Mirror's Edge. It's like the best "demo" game ever. I like running, jumping around, listening to the relaxing music.  :p

Hope they make a more refined, complete sequel.

Mirrors edge is by far my favorite game, really unique concept. Hopefully there will be a sequel :}

Assassins creeds are really good too, when I first played ac 1 I couldn't stop until I had played it through
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1201 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 15:40:45 »
I'm still quite hooked on fooling around with this Autonomous demo/prototype game. It has been recently made available again in this humble bundle.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1202 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 17:44:43 »
I'm still quite hooked on fooling around with this Autonomous demo/prototype game. It has been recently made available again in this humble bundle.

I'm seeing the double fine bundle, and alan wake on the weekly. I don't see any demo game there?

I love physics sandboxes, a little voxel physics demo came with one of the humble bundles, I keep it installed just to see block-explosions.

EDIT: herp derp never mind, I see it now. Might be worth it for that, despite the fact none of the "featured" games catch my fancy.

DOUBLE EDIT: never mind it's over anyways lol
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2013, 17:47:27 by Internetlad »
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1203 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 08:54:08 »
Hmn, I swear it was still available when I posted it. Maybe you can still get the demo pack here?

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #1204 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 10:39:13 »
Mirrors edge is by far my favorite game, really unique concept. Hopefully there will be a sequel :}

Many people did not "get it". For those that did, it's really something.

I was pretty nuts about it, even got all the triple stars.  :)

Offline Asininity

« Reply #1205 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 10:39:31 »
There is a big learning curve, but personally, myself with absolutely no prior training in anything close to aerospace engineering being able to pick up the game and have fun, that's saying something. There are 4 tutorials covering the basics of launching, finding your orbit, manouevering, going on an EVA and landing, all of which I HIGHLY reccomend if you want to play the game a little more "properly"

It is very much a sandbox game. You set goals for yourself, you learn at your own pace. at my skill level, having played for several months off and on, I can more often than not make a mun landing and back with the ships I design, but the game comes with stock ships too so you can get some ideas or flight experience from that. For me the most fun is building and flying your own ships. If you want to make a ship with 100 solid rocket boosters, do it. It won't fly very well but you can do it.

Incredibly, incredibly fun game. I would reccomend buying it from the KSP store so Squad gets a few extra bucks (I think steam takes a 20 or 25% cut of the sale price, a dev from another game told me once.) If you want to see videos of somebody who is basically, in my opinion, the defacto master of KSP, check out Scott Manley's channel on YouTube. Some other, more fun channels you should check out are KSP Insane Rocket Division and the test pilot series from HOCgaming.

http://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg (Scott Manley)
(IRD)
http://www.youtube.com/show/ksptestpilot (KSP Test Pilot)

If you get into it, this is the sort of game that can eat hours and hours of your life and prove an incredible bang for your buck.

Back on the topic of Hitman, I DO like the built in "contracts" feature. Very smart. Adds replayability without actually needing any extra work involved, and challenges you to solve the missions in a way that you, or possibly even the devs, hadn't specifically thought of.

I think you've rather convinced me to get KSP, and you're now responsible for the countless hours I'm going to loose.

There's something about sandbox games that really engages me, I think it's that ability to do what I want how I want. There's nothing more satifying than to say, "I did that. My way." I watched some of videos of the game from your recomended channels, I'm itching to try this out.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1206 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 10:51:56 »
Hmn, I swear it was still available when I posted it. Maybe you can still get the demo pack here?

When they say these are "concepts" or "Prototypes" are they out of development? Would be a shame if you got hooked on a game that's essentially half baked.

I think you've rather convinced me to get KSP, and you're now responsible for the countless hours I'm going to loose.

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2013, 10:54:08 by Internetlad »

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1207 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 22:33:08 »
Shogo - Mobile Armor Division

One of my favorite games as a kid growing up on windows 95 or something :)
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Asininity

« Reply #1208 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 23:13:47 »

It'll have to wait a little bit for KSP. About to start playing Dead Space 3 with a friend. I have been impressed with the other two, hopefully it's the same for the third!

Shogo - Mobile Armor Division

One of my favorite games as a kid growing up on windows 95 or something :)

I had completely forgotten about that game! Great game

I need to drag that old desktop of mine out of the closet and have a go at it again.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1209 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 23:32:19 »
can't wait for Brave New World to come out. Probably going to be 30 bucks like Gods and Kings was, but if it improves the game half as much as GaK did then it's worth the price of admission seeing as I play a lot of that game.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1210 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:10:43 »
Me and a friend picked up BF3 recently, it's a lot better than I thought it would be. It does bring back memories of BF2.

Though I'll say this; there are so many bull**** deaths, and stacked teams seem to be the norm. We've had very few games so far where it's actually a proper fight rather than a steamroll one way or the other.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1211 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:31:04 »
Though I'll say this; there are so many bull**** deaths, and stacked teams seem to be the norm. We've had very few games so far where it's actually a proper fight rather than a steamroll one way or the other.

Pretty much the main reason I stopped playing it.  There are a ton of deaths that I know are just impossible.  I've been playing from almost the beginning, so I know that when I get one shot killed by someone who should be suppressed, something funky is going on.  That and the ridiculous lag spikes that seem to be common these days.

One of the big problems is that everyone is a sniper and most of them suck at it.  Whenever I decide I want to snipe, I run L96 with a holo with 1911 or something similar as my sidearm and and playing on the front line.  I want BF4 to have a server setting that enables an America's Army type mode where you have a limited number of each class.  That way, you only have 10-20% of your team sniping and the rest spread evenly between assault, support, and engineers.

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #1212 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:34:59 »
League of Legends anyone?
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1213 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 17:49:20 »
I still haven't bothered to install any of the other games in the doublefine demo pack. I don't really care, as Autonomous as it is is worth the price alone in my opinion. Hours and hours of fun with pretty much no point. It's fun building different combinations of robots and it looks ****ing awesome.

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #1214 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 18:22:35 »
doublefine?
Gosh, I've lost uncountable hours playing Psychonauts!!!
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Lbeuol

« Reply #1216 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 14:00:30 »
I've been playing Torchlight 2 and Starcraft 2 for awhile. TL2 feels like what D3 should of been.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1217 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 14:58:39 »
engulfed in CiV V lately, excited for BNW and been playing more due to that. Biggest problem is that the AI is retarded boring on king and under, (Always seem to pull a win) and retarded OP on emperor and above (Thanks for the 4 civ chain-war, stunting my scientific and cultural growth, AI.)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1218 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 15:00:10 »
tried out Starcraft 2 for the first time
while i am still in the 'training nub' missions, i am really enjoying it
reminds me of my AoE3 days

still the free version but i think i'm going to love this game  :p

Offline Lbeuol

« Reply #1219 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 15:04:32 »
Wings of liberty or heart of the swarm?

Hots single player is pretty fun, stupid raynor!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1220 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 15:05:46 »
Wings of Liberty Free 'trail' edition xD
i get the first 5 sp missions free and free multiplyaer as Terrran

Offline mauri

« Reply #1221 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 19:37:25 »
Gotta say I really enjoyed both sc2 singleplayers, pretty epic like aoe III :D
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline WONDERBRIGHT

• Steelseries !
« Reply #1222 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 08:52:23 »
I'm playing Diablo III and RE Revelation now :)

Offline raKeto

« Reply #1223 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 12:40:00 »
Playing Mostly Counterstrike Global Offensive atm, sometimes Starcraft 2.

Offline UniClown

« Reply #1224 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 12:49:18 »
Been dabbling in Loadout its in Beta right now. Very cool shooter game

http://www.loadout.com/

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #1225 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 15:24:07 »
Still Battlefield 3...
For the last two months I mainly play Recon @ Metro:
But to shorten the waiting time for Battlefield 4, I got the new Tomb Raider and Hitman, pretty fun as well!

« Last Edit: Sat, 08 June 2013, 16:20:12 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline Riddixk51PB

« Reply #1226 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 16:05:26 »
counter-strike: global operations
bf3
GTR 2: racing with my Fanatec wheel
KBD: CM Storm QuickFire Pro, Cherry MX Brown
Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD (Avago ADNS-9800 High-Performance LaserStream™)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1227 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 16:06:21 »
Anyone play Guild Wars 2 tournament PvP? I only play that now a days. I'm too busy with school to play anything so time consuming.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1228 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 19:28:27 »
Any GH'ers play Awesomenauts? Pretty decent MOBA game that doesn't require an hour of your time per match. Good learning curve as well, although I still suck with most of the 'nauts :(

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1229 on: Wed, 12 June 2013, 17:39:08 »
Any GH'ers play Awesomenauts? Pretty decent MOBA game that doesn't require an hour of your time per match. Good learning curve as well, although I still suck with most of the 'nauts :(

I've been playing Awesomenauts a bit. Best with Froggy G because his splash dash is OP. Gnaw becuase his spit-up is OP, and coco because even though she sucks, her thunderball is OP.

Basically all the nauts are OP. Their auto attacks are too weak and they all have one game-breakingly good move, and one pretty useless move. my two cents.

Other than that, fun time waster.

Offline nappi11

• #finnsofgeekhack
« Reply #1230 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 03:23:01 »
I just started GTA: SA again. For some reason, I heard this about five times. 

All you had to do, was to aim and shoot big smoke!
Focus FK-747 A (Complicated Blue Alps) - Compaq RT 235BT (NMB Dome with slider) -  Irish Key Tronic (Rubber dome) - Ducky Mini (Cherry MX Blue) - Dell AT102W (Complicated Black Alps)

Offline y0fate

• The Holy CBass.
« Reply #1231 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 04:11:24 »
I know I'll get hate for this, but I came from console and used to play strictly FPS games (mainly the CoD series), so I still have love for my FPS  games like including CoD (I mainly play MW2 and MW), but I have definitely expanded my gaming horizon :P Aside from CoD I'll play TF2 from time to time, Warframe, L4D, Killingfloor, CSS, Darksiders, SR3, Garry's Mod, and Metro 2033. Even though I rarely have time for games anymore, I'll play when I have some time to slack :P
"No"- Greed

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1232 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 17:56:17 »
I know I'll get hate for this, but I came from console and used to play

Why would you get hate for already making a good choice?

Honestly I don't care if somebody plays console. I can see why you would want to play console (basically it's easy mode of gaming)

It's when somebody starts swearing up and down that "Controller is easier to use for <fps, rts, etc>" I agree that fighting and driving games are better with a controller, but I can always hook up whatever peripherals I want to a PC. If I want to play WCS with realistic, 400 dollar A-10 throttle and flightstick, I can do that.
Bonus points when they say that the PS3/360 have superior graphics and gameplay. Yeah 720p@30fps is pretty hardcore, man.

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #1233 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 18:33:49 »
I know I'll get hate for this, but I came from console and used to play

Why would you get hate for already making a good choice?

Honestly I don't care if somebody plays console. I can see why you would want to play console (basically it's easy mode of gaming)

It's when somebody starts swearing up and down that "Controller is easier to use for <fps, rts, etc>" I agree that fighting and driving games are better with a controller, but I can always hook up whatever peripherals I want to a PC. If I want to play WCS with realistic, 400 dollar A-10 throttle and flightstick, I can do that.
Bonus points when they say that the PS3/360 have superior graphics and gameplay. Yeah 720p@30fps is pretty hardcore, man.

What this guy says, there's no shame in having risen from the humble beginnings of a console gamer to being part of the PC Master Race  :p

I haven't been big into multiplayer lately, it just doesn't really interest me to go online and play against people anymore. I've played pretty much all of the recently released big name titles like the new Tomb Raider, Bioshock: Infinite, and such.

Metro Last Light will forever serve as a reminder of why I built a beast gaming PC, because that game was just so visually stunning, zomg... lol
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1234 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 23:06:50 »
The one issue I take with Last Light is how they greedily made the hardest difficulty setting DLC. That's just spitting in the face of hardcore gamers who would buy the game on day one and actually want to play it through on that setting. Honestly, a blatant and consumer unfriendly money-grab that doesn't even make sense as really only the smallest portion of dedicated players would play it on max difficulty anyway. You ought to reward these players, not try to deter them from purchasing your game.

Offline Jack Karneval

« Reply #1235 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 12:58:23 »
The one issue I take with Last Light is how they greedily made the hardest difficulty setting DLC. That's just spitting in the face of hardcore gamers who would buy the game on day one and actually want to play it through on that setting. Honestly, a blatant and consumer unfriendly money-grab that doesn't even make sense as really only the smallest portion of dedicated players would play it on max difficulty anyway. You ought to reward these players, not try to deter them from purchasing your game.

Yeah, I agree with you. It wasn't a deal-breaker to me however, because I just wanted to experience the game, and it was definitely challenging one whatever difficulty I played it on.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1236 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 23:09:47 »
I got into the America's Army 3 Beta testing.  :) 

Can't wait to start playing it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1237 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 17:22:03 »
So I dug out this box the other day....
25555-0

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1238 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 17:33:12 »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2z55o37oqligy28/dota2.png

My very first game of Dota2. Went better than I expected haha. Anyone wanna play with me?
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 June 2013, 18:18:41 by kenmai9 »

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #1239 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 19:00:08 »
So I dug out this box the other day....
(Attachment Link)

You have good taste. Diablo, Hexen, Heroes... :D
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1240 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 19:30:32 »
Just got the racing wheel over, so I've been playing NFS Shift 2 again. Bought Most Wanted on sale on Origin, but wtf no hood cam? Found a mod that adds it though, should be a bit better once I bother with that.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1241 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 10:38:12 »
Picked up Antichamber on Steam (sale) this weekend.

Ow, my brain.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1242 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 10:53:46 »
Started playing unepic, a steam title.  This is a really funny metrovania-style game, and I'm finding it to be a great deal more entertaining than a bunch of the junk that's out today.  It's $8?  Awesome value :D

Ow, my brain.

Your brain will thank you :)
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1243 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 10:57:14 »
lol, I didn't understand some of the puzzles, so instead of using a scalpel, I just used a sledgehammer and just built my own bridge/ladder to get where I needed to go.

I'm almost sure I didn't do the disappearing bridge right, I just saved up a bunch of cubes from the auto-cube-spawner, and built a big ladder instead of actually going over the bridge, lol.

Offline Jack Karneval

« Reply #1244 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 11:51:20 »

Ow, my brain.

Speaking of Indie games, you should all try "Receiver" that's available on Steam. Has a really unique concept of gunplay where you're actually responsible for loading bullets into the magazine > putting magazine into gun > cocking the slide. I think all shooters should be like this!

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1245 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 12:03:30 »
Speaking of Indie games, you should all try "Receiver" that's available on Steam. Has a really unique concept of gunplay where you're actually responsible for loading bullets into the magazine > putting magazine into gun > cocking the slide. I think all shooters should be like this!

lol it's so hard to reload under pressure. the keys could be mapped a little bit more intuitively (of course i'd know how to let go of the magazine i'm holding in real life and take a new one out of my pocket.)  but when i'm getting chased by a drone I can't ever seem to reload.

Hard as hell, i'm convinced i'll never beat it (never made it past 3-4 tapes without running out of ammo or being shot and there are 11 tapes) and it doesn't help that the map is HUGE and large portions of it look exactly the same, or seem to repeat (now that I think of it, is the map randomly generated?)

The gun mechanics alone are worth the ticket price, but I wish the overall game was better than "run around, find cassettes"

and of course, nothing better than slowly pulling back the slide on your 1911, releasing it, and rounding the corner to pop that turret.

What really made it for me was the fact you can un-cock a pistol (or at least, a revolver) by holding the hammer button, holding the trigger button, and releasing the hammer button. That blew my mind a little that they thought to include that.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 June 2013, 12:05:07 by Internetlad »

Offline Jack Karneval

« Reply #1246 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 12:54:22 »

lol it's so hard to reload under pressure. the keys could be mapped a little bit more intuitively (of course i'd know how to let go of the magazine i'm holding in real life and take a new one out of my pocket.)  but when i'm getting chased by a drone I can't ever seem to reload.

Hard as hell, i'm convinced i'll never beat it (never made it past 3-4 tapes without running out of ammo or being shot and there are 11 tapes) and it doesn't help that the map is HUGE and large portions of it look exactly the same, or seem to repeat (now that I think of it, is the map randomly generated?)

The gun mechanics alone are worth the ticket price, but I wish the overall game was better than "run around, find cassettes"

and of course, nothing better than slowly pulling back the slide on your 1911, releasing it, and rounding the corner to pop that turret.

What really made it for me was the fact you can un-cock a pistol (or at least, a revolver) by holding the hammer button, holding the trigger button, and releasing the hammer button. That blew my mind a little that they thought to include that.

This^ lol

You pretty much touched on everything. I find it really annoying sometimes that the spots to one shot the turrets/drones can be really vague sometimes. Also, for quite awhile the game would start me with the M1911 with the safety on and I had no idea why I couldn't do anything with it..... fail lol.

I don't find the key-mapping that bad. It probably took me a solid week to commit the keys to muscle memory and then I was reloading/loading like a pro.

Finally, I hate the revolver.... like I usually commit suicide when I spawn. I really wish they would allow you to select a weapon to start with.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1247 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 14:16:45 »
even though it really sucks, I think the revolver is the most fun. I Love how you can spin the cylinder then cock it like you're a badass.

Offline yester64

« Reply #1248 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 18:15:18 »
I started to play Mass Effect 3. Pretty nice and nicely done what i have seen. Only thing thats so far dull is that not every person in places have something to say. Some are just probs.. kinda sad.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline Jack Karneval

« Reply #1249 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 18:19:34 »
I started to play Mass Effect 3. Pretty nice and nicely done what i have seen. Only thing thats so far dull is that not every person in places have something to say. Some are just probs.. kinda sad.

<3 Mass Effect, wondering when I'm going to do my eventual replay of the entire series!