Previous Events Archive > KEYCON 2015

KeyCon 2015 Official Sign Up

<< < (2/81) > >>

CPTBadAss:
I'd agreed with the naming convention and I'm in for Chicago.

eth0s:

--- Quote from: i3oilermaker on Mon, 12 January 2015, 14:30:07 ---
--- Quote from: jdcarpe on Mon, 12 January 2015, 14:24:25 ---
--- Quote from: pwnnarwhal on Mon, 12 January 2015, 14:11:09 ---What state will this be in?

--- End quote ---

Hah, too many Keycons. I think there should only be ONE event titled Keycon per year. It could rotate between locations, but all others should simply be called meetups.

--- End quote ---

I was advocating for this, since I created the first KeyCon as a yearly meetup.  When Keycon West happened we thought that maybe 2 a year might be good to allow for our West Coast clackers to get in on the fun....

As far as I see it KeyCon and KeyCon West are the only Real KeyCons, and the rest are Meetups, but I don't want to go raining on someone else's parade who whats to rally the keyboard troops.

--- End quote ---

I want to go to the REAL KeyCon 2015 in Chicago, IL.  Put me down as an attendee. 

As for venue, anyplace in Chicago is okay with me, but can we have an event at iMav's house up the road in Wisconsin?  Maybe a Sunday brunch for the out-of-towners?  I'm ready for some of those famous homemade iMav pancakes.  yum-my.  oh yeah, since this is supposed to be a celebration, so can you ask iMav to pick up a few bottles of French Champers, 'cuz I likes to get a little toasted at brunch, nothing fancy, but at least get one bottle of Brut rose, and a blanc de noirs, would be nice.  Blanc de blancs or plain Brut, w/e.  But no demi-sec.  And no Cava, please.

I especially like this one for brunch:

Joey Quinn:
Put me down. eth0s idea is a good one but if we want a closer place to do brunch my house is about 30min north of Chicago and will probably be open.

eth0s:

--- Quote from: Joey Quinn on Mon, 12 January 2015, 14:58:06 ---Put me down. eth0s idea is a good one but if we want a closer place to do brunch my house is about 30min north of Chicago and will probably be open.

--- End quote ---

lol.  Well, it was kind of a joke.  But if you got the Champers, I'm there.

i3oilermaker:
I think there will likely be a lot of unofficial event's meals and activities, and if anyone wants to take the reigns on planning some of that by all means.

As far as I am concerned the Con will be one full day and either in the downtown, or near downtown area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version